Page 7 of 105 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000) m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000) m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000) m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000) m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000) m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000) m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000) m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000) m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000) m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000) m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by FastCatChamp View Post
    Where you have question marks....I would simply omit that supp lift altogether. What you have on Squat and Lift Days is already enough. If you really want to have an extra supp lift on those days, make it weak point training for something upper body. My regular GST look has usually been:

*Front Squat
    RDL
    DB Lunges
    Ab Circuit
    WPT - Seated DB Curls

*Bench Press
    Incline DB Press
    Flys
    DB Tricep pullovers

*Deadlift
    BB Shruggs
    Ab Circuit
    WPT - BB Curls

*Chins
    DB Rows
    Seated Rows or Corner Rows
    Well thanks for your input, keeping my squat and lift days as seen above (removing the ???? sets, keeping calf raises each workout though... lovin the addition of it after squats, and after my DLs are done.)

Last Macro i added the last supp hitting Tris directly and hitting Bis directly again, with those additions i felt like the workout was more complete and made me a happy camper. Using shoulder press to directly hit shoulders, feel they are/were one of my weaker points my previous workout plan I had going.. i WOULD do chin ups, but im trying to pick exercises that my wife can participate in ((She cant do dips or chins.. so im using the BB Rows))

I understand adding another supp isnt completely following the program, but.. i enjoy it, and no issues with recovery afterwards. All my core lifts increased from the start of Macro 2, to the start of Macro 3 (today).. might start a log for my GST journey, nothing but gains so far.. in my core and supp lifts.
    - US Army - 19D - OEF 11/12
    - Currently running 531 and highly recommend it
    - Last weigh in : 181lbs
    - Goal weight : 190lbs (bulking)

pierrelu is on a distinguished road. (+10) pierrelu is on a distinguished road. (+10) pierrelu is on a distinguished road. (+10) pierrelu is on a distinguished road. (+10) pierrelu is on a distinguished road. (+10) pierrelu is on a distinguished road. (+10) pierrelu is on a distinguished road. (+10) pierrelu is on a distinguished road. (+10) pierrelu is on a distinguished road. (+10) pierrelu is on a distinguished road. (+10) pierrelu is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have been working on my GST program layout but have a question.
    Im a beginner (6months of lifting, followed with about 4 months of couchsurfing).
    Would it be wise to implement Weak Point Training in the beginning macros of GST? I thinking of doing "only" 2 supplement lifts each day and add some ab workout as well.

Should i keep it simple to learn all the new moves im trying out, like front squat etc?
    Thanks, and i hope Ryan will be allowed back soon!

Former Bench Jockey FastCatChamp's Avatar
    FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by pierrelu View Post
    Im a beginner (6months of lifting, followed with about 4 months of couchsurfing).
    Would it be wise to implement Weak Point Training in the beginning macros of GST? I thinking of doing "only" 2 supplement lifts each day and add some ab workout as well.

Should i keep it simple to learn all the new moves im trying out, like front squat etc?
    I see no problem with weak point training at the start. As far as keeping it simple with only two supplemental lifts.....that is smart. Other supps can be added in once your body gets accustomed to being in the training room week after week. For the supplemental lifts, pick lifts that are compound. For example, pick Lunges over Leg extensions on Squat Day. Master the big compound movements first and then begin to isolate down the road.
    Home Journal: Me vs. Myself @.....http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125942203

Levels and goals...........
    Kitten[CURRENT]...Cat[Application Submitted]..Alleycat..Bobcat...Puma...Lion....Tiger.

sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I see no problem with weak point training at the start. As far as keeping it simple with only two supplemental lifts.....that is smart. Other supps can be added in once your body gets accustomed to being in the training room week after week. For the supplemental lifts, pick lifts that are compound. For example, pick Lunges over Leg extensions on Squat Day. Master the big compound movements first and then begin to isolate down the road.
    I'm generally biased when it comes to training for beginners, but in my experience and from all that I've read and seen the best recourse for newbies is focusing on the big 3-5 compound movements. Abs, in my vERY VERY HUMBLE opinion should not even be the main focus; you get plenty of ab workout when deadlifting, squatting, and pressing. Throw it in there once a week or so if you want to, then after a month or two slowly add more if you wish.

EllipsisD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EllipsisD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EllipsisD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EllipsisD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EllipsisD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EllipsisD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EllipsisD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EllipsisD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EllipsisD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EllipsisD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EllipsisD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been enthralled by this topic for the past few hours. This program is very interesting. I'm currently following Rippetoe's program, but am coming up to my 4th month and, whilst seeing some gains (and being complimented a few times as "A big guy now!") I'm becoming a little complacent with the program. Not to undermine it, because it's great, I've just been looking for the next step. I love the variety that this program has. I can see myself getting psyched for this workout each time.

I also have more time now, due to this semester being streamlined very efficiently, so can make it to the gym the necessary 4 times per week! =D

So, assuming you all think that this would be a good progression, I'm going to be getting on this in the coming weeks.

Wish me luck.

P.S. It totally sucks that '2020Wellness' got banned. Not that I know him personally, but from reading his posts, he was clearly an asset to this forum.

FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by EllipsisD View Post
    I've been enthralled by this topic for the past few hours. This program is very interesting. I'm currently following Rippetoe's program, but am coming up to my 4th month and, whilst seeing some gains (and being complimented a few times as "A big guy now!") I'm becoming a little complacent with the program. Not to undermine it, because it's great, I've just been looking for the next step. I love the variety that this program has. I can see myself getting psyched for this workout each time.

I also have more time now, due to this semester being streamlined very efficiently, so can make it to the gym the necessary 4 times per week! =D

So, assuming you all think that this would be a good progression, I'm going to be getting on this in the coming weeks.

Wish me luck.

P.S. It totally sucks that '2020Wellness' got banned. Not that I know him personally, but from reading his posts, he was clearly an asset to this forum.
    2020 will be back.....that if it is a regular one month ban. He was ousted for having an email address in a picture...FYI. He didnt kill anyone.

Anyone wanting to use GST should visit the growth stimulus training website and get Macro 0. The Macro 0 e-book will take a newbie through the beginning phases of setting up a basic GST program. For a personalized program, Ryan is always on call. If anyone is antsy, he is accesible on his ******** page or via email on the GST website.

FWIW....many of us GSTers began on Starting Strength. SS teaches the basic barbell lifts. GST incorporates those same lifts as core movements.
    Home Journal: Me vs. Myself @.....http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125942203

Kitten[CURRENT]...Cat[Application Submitted]..Alleycat..Bobcat...Puma...Lion....Tiger.

EllipsisD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EllipsisD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EllipsisD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EllipsisD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EllipsisD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EllipsisD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EllipsisD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EllipsisD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EllipsisD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EllipsisD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EllipsisD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    2020 will be back.....that if it is a regular one month ban. He was ousted for having an email address in a picture...FYI. He didnt kill anyone.

Anyone wanting to use GST should visit the growth stimulus training website and get Macro 0. The Macro 0 e-book will take a newbie through the beginning phases of setting up a basic GST program. For a personalized program, Ryan is always on call. If anyone is antsy, he is accesible on his ******** page or via email on the GST website.

FWIW....many of us GSTers began on Starting Strength. SS teaches the basic barbell lifts. GST incorporates those same lifts as core movements.
    I didn't mean to insinuate anything dire. I know some forum moderators can be very strict and bans are handed out like candy.

Anyway, took your advice and ordered it. From reading, I know that Ryan sends the book personally and, since I'm in England, it's likely that he's asleep... So I will be patient.

I'm psyched! =D
    Last edited by EllipsisD; 01-15-2013 at 05:57 AM. Reason: OCD

pierrelu is on a distinguished road. (+10) pierrelu is on a distinguished road. (+10) pierrelu is on a distinguished road. (+10) pierrelu is on a distinguished road. (+10) pierrelu is on a distinguished road. (+10) pierrelu is on a distinguished road. (+10) pierrelu is on a distinguished road. (+10) pierrelu is on a distinguished road. (+10) pierrelu is on a distinguished road. (+10) pierrelu is on a distinguished road. (+10) pierrelu is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by sepandee View Post
    I'm generally biased when it comes to training for beginners, but in my experience and from all that I've read and seen the best recourse for newbies is focusing on the big 3-5 compound movements. Abs, in my vERY VERY HUMBLE opinion should not even be the main focus; you get plenty of ab workout when deadlifting, squatting, and pressing. Throw it in there once a week or so if you want to, then after a month or two slowly add more if you wish.
    Okey, ill wait a bit with the direct ab work.

This is what I'm planning on starting with tomorrow at my new gym, Or the week after that when I've figured out my starting weights.

Lift
    Core : Barbell Deadlift
    Supp : Barbell Goodmorning
    Supp : Barbell Hip thrust

*Press*
    Core : Incline Barbell press
    Supp : Dips
    Supp : Flat Dumbbell press

Squat
    Core : Barbell box squat
    Supp : Barbell front squat
    Supp : Dumbbell walking lounges

Pull
    Core : Multi grip pull up
    Supp : Flat bench Dumbbell row
    Supp :**Close grip seated cable row

Though I'm a bit unsure about the hip thrusts on lift day. Never performed one...

Thoughts, ideas or alterations are welcome!

Okey, ill wait a bit with the direct ab work.

This is what I'm planning on starting with tomorrow at my new gym, Or the week after that when I've figured out my starting weights.

Lift
    Core : Barbell Deadlift
    Supp : Barbell Goodmorning
    Supp : Barbell Hip thrust

*Press*
    Core : Incline Barbell press
    Supp : Dips
    Supp : Flat Dumbbell press

Squat
    Core : Barbell box squat
    Supp : Barbell front squat
    Supp : Dumbbell walking lounges

Pull
    Core : Multi grip pull up
    Supp : Flat bench Dumbbell row
    Supp :**Close grip seated cable row

Though I'm a bit unsure about the hip thrusts on lift day. Never performed one...

Thoughts, ideas or alterations are welcome!
    Looks like a great place to start!

As for the Hip Thrusts.......I have been one that need very little past the core lifts on both Lift and Squat Days. What I do often on Deadlift Day is Deadlifts, one Supp lift, a Giant Set of Ab work, and a Weak Point Training lift.

On my Ab Giant Set, I do a circuit of Decline Crunches, Russian Twists, and Standing Oblique DB Crunces (Sidebends). Just a thought. There is nothing wrong with Direct Ab Work. Actually, Ryan builds it in on custom plans.

One more thing. Go with lifts that you are familiar with for your first few Macros. During those first few Macros, designate a lift or two as "Training Lifts". Do these lifts for practice only during each Micro. Once you become more proficient with those training movements......insert them in as Supp lifts.

Looks like a great place to start!

As for the Hip Thrusts.......I have been one that need very little past the core lifts on both Lift and Squat Days. What I do often on Deadlift Day is Deadlifts, one Supp lift, a Giant Set of Ab work, and a Weak Point Training lift.

On my Ab Giant Set, I do a circuit of Decline Crunches, Russian Twists, and Standing Oblique DB Crunces (Sidebends). Just a thought. There is nothing wrong with Direct Ab Work. Actually, Ryan builds it in on custom plans.

One more thing. Go with lifts that you are familiar with for your first few Macros. During those first few Macros, designate a lift or two as "Training Lifts". Do these lifts for practice only during each Micro. Once you become more proficient with those training movements......insert them in as Supp lifts.
    With the limited experience (strong lift and All Pros beginners routine) I haven't done more than the usual compound excercises.

But this first macro will be a test to see if I like the excersices I've chosen.
    Thanks for the input! Will be back tomorrow after my first lift day

endorphreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is the GST more suited towards strength and powerlifting, such as Starting Strength, or is more for bodybuilding and aesthetics (like any regular BB split)??

Originally Posted by endorphreak View Post
    Is the GST more suited towards strength and powerlifting, such as Starting Strength, or is more for bodybuilding and aesthetics (like any regular BB split)??
    The way I understood it while reading is that it is actually quite balanced between the two, since you have both high and low rep supplement excersices.

Did my first lift day today, figuring out my starting weights. What a good feeling being back at the gym!

I got to meet with my worst enemie, lactic acid! Man do I feel like crap when I push myself far enough. Hopefully that will improve troughout the macrocycles.

Them hip thrusts may look ridiculous, but man do they work! During the 3rd set of hip thrusts I felt a light back strain. Do you think that could have been exhaustion or just improper form?

Looking forward to next week!
    To sum it all up, I'm weaker than I thought I'd be

GST strikes a nice balance between the traditional bodybuilding splits and the low rep schemes for the powerlifting movements.

It is a nice start for someone that may be deciding between the powerlifting route vs. the bodybuilding route.

As per the lower back strain.......the body revolts against any brand new added stressors. Unless you are hobbled, don't sweat it.

robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000)
    Currently reading the first GST thread. I'm on pg 68 of 340. I'm starting to get kinda pumped for this. I'll definitely be buying the e-book, but for now I've got 270-some pages to go on this thread!

easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Macrocycle 1, Micro 1: Squat Day

First day of GST after taking a week to find to find my estimated maxes. I really enjoyed this workout, and my legs are BLASTED. Not only was the AMFRAFP (you can guess what the added letters are for) squats a beastly endeavor, but I've almost never done higher-rep range work, so the 15-20 rep supplementary lifts were a killer. Here's how it went (not listing warm-ups)

Back squat
    195x8, 195x8, 195x14

Leg press
    180x15x3 (holy hell this crushed me. I was banged up from the squats but I had the jimmy-legs from these)

Leg extension (I know this should probably be lunges or another multi-joint movement)
    100x15x3 + drop-set down to 70x10 on last set.

Kneeling cable crunch
    110x20x3

Again, I loved this workout. Nothing crazy complicated, just a few exercises and the will to go hard as f*ck. It seems like this workout might not be great for someone with limited experience though, because you really gotta know how to get the most out of your sets. Thanks for the great advice, cheers!

robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000)
    Still reading! Holy Moly, that is a long thread, but so far, Mikey Likey

LSEGHATCH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Before:

Nov13.jpg

After:

EndJan13 (1) (800x600).jpg
    EndJan13 (4) (800x600).jpg

About 10 weeks and +- 10lbs. Upped my calories from 3800 up to 4200 on alternating days. Hoping to keep b/f low or adjust as I go and reach 185/190 then cut for summer. So motivated after being at a plateau of 165ish for months prior. Lifts are making gains too.

Check out my log for more.

below123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) below123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) below123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) below123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) below123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) below123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) below123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) below123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) below123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) below123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) below123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Is it a good program for cutting?

sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by below123 View Post
    Is it a good program for cutting?
    This so called 'cutting' is mostly a result of your diet.

Yesterday's deadlifts for Micro 2
    325x6
    325x6
    325x10

Wow!

Once upon a time (2 years ago), I rack pulled 315 once and couldn't believe how heavy it felt.

Pagewise, I'm in the 160's on the original thread. FCC, you have recently cut to the high 170's and are rehabbing your knee. Just thought I'd give you a blast from the past

Very true my man.

My knees feel good. I am currently squatting baby weights, but hop to get back to a normal looking progression.

BTW.....my home journal and others give a nice picture of how GST works over time.

So I ordered the ebook this morning. Can it be transferred it to a kindle?

Originally Posted by robosphere View Post
    So I ordered the ebook this morning. Can it be transferred it to a kindle?
    That I do not know. I actually printed mine and put it in a binder.

domcreates is not very well liked. (-100) domcreates is not very well liked. (-100) domcreates is not very well liked. (-100) domcreates is not very well liked. (-100) domcreates is not very well liked. (-100) domcreates is not very well liked. (-100) domcreates is not very well liked. (-100) domcreates is not very well liked. (-100) domcreates is not very well liked. (-100) domcreates is not very well liked. (-100) domcreates is not very well liked. (-100)
    cool

easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Question: I'm into my second microcycle, and I'm wondering if I should switch from the 60-70-80-90% progression to 75-85-95% for the remaining 3 microcycles. I feel like I may have shorted myself on my max numbers, as my AMRAP sets are fairly high digits. Please tell me if these numbers are fairly normal for the AMRAP sets in the first cycle (60% of calculated max).

BB squat - 14 reps
    Incline BB - 13 reps
    Deadlift - 11 reps
    BB Row -14 reps

Is it normal to get this many reps?

rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by easye7 View Post
    Question: I'm into my second microcycle, and I'm wondering if I should switch from the 60-70-80-90% progression to 75-85-95% for the remaining 3 microcycles. I feel like I may have shorted myself on my max numbers, as my AMRAP sets are fairly high digits. Please tell me if these numbers are fairly normal for the AMRAP sets in the first cycle (60% of calculated max).

BB squat - 14 reps
    Incline BB - 13 reps
    Deadlift - 11 reps
    BB Row -14 reps

Is it normal to get this many reps?
    That is totally normal for your first macro. Using the 1 rep max calculator for your 1rm on the third and fourth micro will help to close in on a weight that will be more challenging for the second macro. Actually each macro really fine tunes more and more as your body adjusts to the workload. Keep things the way they're programmed and you'll see the results. Good Luck.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #52 ▪█─────█▪
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #5 []---[]

Originally Posted by rthawker View Post
    That is totally normal for your first macro. Using the 1 rep max calculator for your 1rm on the third and fourth micro will help to close in on a weight that will be more challenging for the second macro. Actually each macro really fine tunes more and more as your body adjusts to the workload. Keep things the way they're programmed and you'll see the results. Good Luck.
    Okay then, I'll stick with the current progression. Do most keep the core lifts from macro to macro?

Okay then, I'll stick with the current progression. Do most keep the core lifts from macro to macro?
    I think Ryan recommends that you keep them the same for a couple of macros. I did mine for 5 micros before I broke my hand The core exercises for any decent program are squat, deadlift, and bench. I don't understand why anyone would change those, unless you're trying to get around a sticking point or you're training for a specific reason other than for looking good and feeling strong.

I think if you change your last three micros to 75-85-95 is fine. It wont' be the end of the world. These aren't rules written in stone. I, for example, don't like to do deadlifts at high reps, so for micro 1 and 2 I always add weight to the third set to make sure I can't lift more than 12 reps. That's definitely not in the program, but as a general guide, you should always stick to the program unless you absolutely know what the hell you're doing.

But I just saw your numbers and I would argue that they're even lower than what I would expect for the amrap set at micro 1. I know that for squat, I've consistently been at 18+ (and that's at 65%). If i leave deadlifts at 60% I can definitely pull more than 18 as well. Can't comment on the incline bb and bb row as those aren't my core lifts.

rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I believe that most do just to see the progression of strength from macro to macro. I think Ryan recommends to keep them for at least 3 macros but you can keep them for as long as you like. If you are getting bored, burned out or plateaued for one then it's time to switch it out. Switching them around too often sucks because you kind of have to go through a micro one again to find a 1rm for the new core lift. It's better to just keep them and watch them progress and change up the assistance lifts instead. I would still recommend to keep the assistance lifts for a couple macros before changing them up as well.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #52 ▪█─────█▪
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #5 []---[]