Page 54 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 3123
    Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ryan, you mention supplement sets of 2-3/3-4/4-5, depending on the scheme.

Is there a specific set number which would be the best, i.e. currently for Scheme B if I do 3 sets of 10 rather than 4 sets, whereas in my past Macro Cycles I may have done 4 sets of 10, or is it better to be consistent?

fordbwee52 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fordbwee52 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fordbwee52 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fordbwee52 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fordbwee52 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fordbwee52 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fordbwee52 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fordbwee52 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fordbwee52 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fordbwee52 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fordbwee52 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Helloe Ryan, I'm new here and want to give GST a try for my next routine

Is this routine below look good?

1. Pull : core : Pendlay Rows (I have no belt for hanging the weight in pull ups)
    supp : Flat Bench Presses
    Lat Pulldown
    Barbell Curls

2. Squ : core : Back Squats
    supp : SLDL
    Leg Extension
    Lying Leg Curls

3. Press : core : flat Bench
    supp : Military Presses
    Decline Bench
    Side Lateral
    rope pushdown

4. lifts : core : Deadlifts
    supp : lat pulldown
    barbell row
    facepulls

nwpage is on a distinguished road. (+10) nwpage is on a distinguished road. (+10) nwpage is on a distinguished road. (+10) nwpage is on a distinguished road. (+10) nwpage is on a distinguished road. (+10) nwpage is on a distinguished road. (+10) nwpage is on a distinguished road. (+10) nwpage is on a distinguished road. (+10) nwpage is on a distinguished road. (+10) nwpage is on a distinguished road. (+10) nwpage is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi Ryan,

Long time bb.com lurker, first time posting. I'm really intrigued by this program. As someone who's always had relatively weak/small shoulders, how/what would you recommend fixing that without over training?

Thanks,
    Nick

gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Going to be moving onto this routine from being on PPLPPL high volume for last 2 years.

Looking to set it up as

Squat day
    core - back squat
    acc 1 - leg press
    acc 2 - lunges
    acc 3 - (abs + calves)

Press day
    Core - incline smith or barbell press (tore my pec last year on flat BB)
    Acc 1 - incline DB press/flies
    acc 2 - Dips
    Acc 3 - tricep cable

pull day
    core - Pull up - narrow grip
    acc 1 - close grip seated cable row
    acc 2 - T bar medium row
    acc 3 - wide chins bodyweight to finish

Lift day
    core - Deadlift
    acc 1 - Lying leg curls
    acc 2 - Romanian/ham raise (depending on feeling)
    acc 3 - alternative to above

I feel as though compared to my current training/volume i could hit this 4 days on 1 off repeat... used to doing PPLPPL OFF Repeat...

I like the setup, however I'm used to hitting everything twice a week with quite high volume (200+ reps per muscle group twice per week) so its going to be a bit of a step back for me! is there any allowance to add in some raises etc?

2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Ali18 View Post
    Ryan, you mention supplement sets of 2-3/3-4/4-5, depending on the scheme.

Is there a specific set number which would be the best, i.e. currently for Scheme B if I do 3 sets of 10 rather than 4 sets, whereas in my past Macro Cycles I may have done 4 sets of 10, or is it better to be consistent?
    The main goal is that you increase volume over time, no matter which rep range you choose. Of course, there are rep ranges which correlate to specific goals; ie strength geared and size geared. Both are beneficial IMO.

Overall, it's best to be consistent and aim to improve in each rep range.
    trainingwithryan.substack.com

2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by nwpage View Post
    Hi Ryan,

Long time bb.com lurker, first time posting. I'm really intrigued by this program. As someone who's always had relatively weak/small shoulders, how/what would you recommend fixing that without over training?

Thanks,
    Nick
    Nick,

First off, thank you very much for posting in my thread with your question.

You mentioned your shoulders, and I've also improved my shoulders greatly over the past 6 months or so. I've done this by hitting them twice per microcycle through the following two exercises:

1. Partial Standing BB Press (top half of ROM only)
    2. Seated Behind the Head Barbell Military Press

These aren't the only two exercises that are valuable, but they're certainly producing growth for me. I perform the partial OHPs as a first supplement lift on Press day and the Seated Military presses as my second Pull day core lift.

Twice per week will not result in overtraining, especially when rotated through multiple intensities like GST does.

Thanks again Nick,

Ryan

Originally Posted by fordbwee52 View Post
    Helloe Ryan, I'm new here and want to give GST a try for my next routine

Is this routine below look good?
    I'll check it out and leave my comments below in bold.

1. Pull : core : Pendlay Rows (I have no belt for hanging the weight in pull ups) A dumbbell held behind one knee works too, but you can only go so high. I find that it starts to get real tough to hang more than a 50lb dumbbell behind the knee. Pendlay rows are an excellent core choice though!
    supp : Flat Bench Presses Are you aiming for some chest/press Weak Point Training here?
    Lat Pulldown
    Barbell Curls

2. Squ : core : Back Squats
    supp : SLDL
    Leg Extension
    Lying Leg Curls
    This looks more like a traditional leg day than a typical GST squat day. This day is equally geared towards the quads and hams. Save some of the hams for Lift day and get more quad dominant here.

3. Press : core : flat Bench
    supp : Military Presses
    Decline Bench
    Side Lateral
    rope pushdown
    Overall, this seems decent. You could consider an incline press for the core lift though, which would give you all three press ranges, military, incline, and decline.

4. lifts : core : Deadlifts
    supp : lat pulldown
    barbell row
    facepulls
    This is off. This day is meant to be about the posterior chain, not so much the lats. You have the core lift right, but it should be supplemented with Lift day supplement lifts, not Pull day supplement lifts. The face pulls are fine, just not the rowing.

Overall, you have a plan that needs to help here and there. I'd make sure to look over the write up in the first GST thread and look at the supplement exercise choices for each day. If you have reasoning for your current choices, just let me know!

Also, don't forget the ab work!

Thanks Ford,

Ryan
    See bold!

Originally Posted by gingersgym View Post
    Going to be moving onto this routine from being on PPLPPL high volume for last 2 years.

Looking to set it up as

Squat day
    core - back squat
    acc 1 - leg press
    acc 2 - lunges
    acc 3 - (abs + calves)

Press day
    Core - incline smith or barbell press (tore my pec last year on flat BB)
    Acc 1 - incline DB press/flies
    acc 2 - Dips
    Acc 3 - tricep cable

pull day
    core - Pull up - narrow grip
    acc 1 - close grip seated cable row
    acc 2 - T bar medium row
    acc 3 - wide chins bodyweight to finish
    Drop in a direct bicep exercise here; standing bb curl, preacher curl, db curls are examples.

Lift day
    core - Deadlift
    acc 1 - Lying leg curls
    acc 2 - Romanian/ham raise (depending on feeling)
    acc 3 - alternative to above

I feel as though compared to my current training/volume i could hit this 4 days on 1 off repeat... used to doing PPLPPL OFF Repeat...
    You will get buried if you try this, I promise you. You might last a couple of weeks, but it's going to catch up to you for sure. The best for you to find out if I'm right is to give that schedule a run

I like the setup, however I'm used to hitting everything twice a week with quite high volume (200+ reps per muscle group twice per week) so its going to be a bit of a step back for me! is there any allowance to add in some raises etc?
    That would mean you're hitting each muscle group with something around 10 sets x 20 reps or 20 sets x 10 reps twice per week?! That's definitely more volume than you need to be using. How much have you changed over the past couple of years? As in, how much mass have you gained? Regardless of your exact answer, I can promise you, you don't need that much volume to make big gains!

That may seem hard for you to believe right now, but it's the truth.
    See bold.

gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by 2020Wellness View Post
    See bold.
    thanks for the reply, the volume side is from running kelei intermediate advanced routine on the sticky here... its rest pause 50 reps over 2-4 excersizes per muscle group. (150 for chest 200-50 for back etc)

I have filled out quite a lot, strength improved massively but diet wasn't always set up for gaining mass (bit of recomping and cutting) which has left me sitting at a nice 8-10%bf.

Iv always wanted to lower volume/frequency to try it out but i seem to recover fairly easy, but again that could be correlation of doing so much volume I'm not truly trying that hard in the main sets possibly... Anyway I'm open to give it a go!

Pic attached for reference to current stage.

current lifts - bodyweight 62kg - 162 lbs

Bench - 110kg x 8 (was more before pec tear)
    Front squat - 100kg x 8 (form is getting worse due to cutting... need to re evaluate)
    Pullup - bodyweight + 40kg belt x 6-8 reps

Don't currently do deadlifts...

Thanks
    Attached Images

fordbwee52 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fordbwee52 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fordbwee52 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fordbwee52 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fordbwee52 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fordbwee52 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fordbwee52 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fordbwee52 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fordbwee52 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fordbwee52 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fordbwee52 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    See bold!
    Thanks for the reply,Ryan. The reason behind my routine I wrote up is I want to train each muscle twice a week. Do you have any advice on this? Did most of your cilent use the hits each part once/week and work well also?

Zoomie517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoomie517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoomie517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoomie517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoomie517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoomie517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoomie517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoomie517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoomie517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoomie517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoomie517 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good morning, everyone. For those of you on the fence about working with Ryan, I thought I'd offer my two cents.

BACKGROUND

I am new to BB ing. 51 y.o male. Completed my first 13 weeks in the gym, working with a long time BB ing friend. Was lifting Mon-Fri 2-2-5 hours a day. Brutal work outs but they helped me to test chronic injuries and develop a base.

SERVICES

After reading about lots of programs, GST made the most sense to me. So I purchased the eBook. I am excited to say that all my ducks are in line and I start Macro 0 Monday !!!!!

I also elected to work with Ryan on my nutrition. I got as far as I could on my own and it was time to get some assistance from someone way smarter than me. As everyone knows, there are no secrets or pulling rabbits out of a hat with nutrition. You count your calories and do your time, just like the gym. That said, Ryan helped me to develop a strong nutrition plan and provided both structure and accountability.

Ryan, I really appreciate what you're doing for me. I am very excited about the next leg of my journey. While I understand you do this for a living, I am grateful for the attention to detail you afforded me.

We all know that there are a plethora of fitness instructors. Newb or Vet, Ryan really listens to his customers to develop a plan that best supports your personal goals, not some one size fits all.

Thank you, Ryan !

John S. /Zoomie517

Training Tip

Sit-up variations are a mainstay for ab work and are easy to add resistance to.

One common mistake people make is relaxing at the bottom of the ROM, allowing their very upper back and head to touch the floor or bench. What happens when they do this? They arch their lower back and lose tension in the abs. This is a mistake!

Correct this mistake by thinking about rolling your spine down the floor or bench, one vertebrae at a time from the bottom to the top. This will keep your abs tight, lower back in a safer position(against the bench) at the bottom of the ROM, and you can fire back up once your scapulae touch the floor or bench.

This tip is important for everyone, but especially important for those with existing lower back pain.

Train Hard. Train Smart. GROW!

anti-atrophy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have to do some more research, but I think I'll be trying out this program. I'll send you a PM!

Andelony is on a distinguished road. (+10) Andelony is on a distinguished road. (+10) Andelony is on a distinguished road. (+10) Andelony is on a distinguished road. (+10) Andelony is on a distinguished road. (+10) Andelony is on a distinguished road. (+10) Andelony is on a distinguished road. (+10) Andelony is on a distinguished road. (+10) Andelony is on a distinguished road. (+10) Andelony is on a distinguished road. (+10) Andelony is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up New to GST

Hi Ryan,

I am trying to find a program with a lower volume that I m doing now that will still allow me to gain size and strength. After reading through the threads and testimonials, I believe that GST will be able to fit the bill and make it work for me! I just bought the ebook moment ago and I look forward to receiving the book and have a great read! Thanks!

Regards
    Andre

"I can't believe how fast this last 12 weeks have gone, how much I have learned about myself, and how much I have grown (physically and mentally)! I am a GST believer and Im so glad I have gotten to work with you...

I really think you have a unique and great program that needs to be shared with the rest of the world!

Thanks for your support toward my goals and your dedication to help me reach them!

Overall this was a great training week. I liked the changes and the challenge I faced while training! I had several complements on my arms this week... one from a figure competitor and one from an older guy who asked if I was an MMA fighter!"

Lonna is starting Week 14 - Micro 13 this week, finishing up her first coaching package, and feeling great! Check her out as she knocks out some 25lb weighted dips to build up those triceps!

http://vid225.photobucket.com/albums...ps98f5a261.mp4

Originally Posted by gingersgym View Post
    thanks for the reply, the volume side is from running kelei intermediate advanced routine on the sticky here... its rest pause 50 reps over 2-4 excersizes per muscle group. (150 for chest 200-50 for back etc).
    Gotcha. That's a special amount of volume, I'll say that! I haven't looked at that program, so I wasn't aware of it.

I have filled out quite a lot, strength improved massively but diet wasn't always set up for gaining mass (bit of recomping and cutting) which has left me sitting at a nice 8-10%bf.
    Always good to be seeing visual and logbook results for the work you're putting in!

Iv always wanted to lower volume/frequency to try it out but i seem to recover fairly easy, but again that could be correlation of doing so much volume I'm not truly trying that hard in the main sets possibly... Anyway I'm open to give it a go!
    You can always use a higher frequency variation of GST. There is a variation known as High Freakquency that you can find on YouTube. Just search for 'High Freakquency GSTAuthor' in YouTube's search bar.
    See Bold.

Originally Posted by fordbwee52 View Post
    Thanks for the reply,Ryan. The reason behind my routine I wrote up is I want to train each muscle twice a week. Do you have any advice on this? Did most of your cilent use the hits each part once/week and work well also?
    GST as a base program tends to hit the legs twice weekly, depending on exercise choice, obviously. It hits the upper body muscles once per micro as a base program. However, this can be varied depending on weak point training and customized changes to the programming. It's easy to hit arms twice per week and many will argue that back is hit twice per week through both Pull and Lift days (deadlifts and deadlift accessories tend to hit the lats/upper back hard). GST really isn't a 'once per week' program when it comes down to it. It's a hybrid between the traditional 'bro split' and full body 3x per week programming.

And yes, many people grow well on once per week frequency. It all depends on how they've been training and if they're making sure to force growth by continually implementing progressive overload into their training numbers each week.

Originally Posted by Zoomie517 View Post
    Good morning, everyone. For those of you on the fence about working with Ryan, I thought I'd offer my two cents.

BACKGROUND

I am new to BB ing. 51 y.o male. Completed my first 13 weeks in the gym, working with a long time BB ing friend. Was lifting Mon-Fri 2-2-5 hours a day. Brutal work outs but they helped me to test chronic injuries and develop a base.

SERVICES

After reading about lots of programs, GST made the most sense to me. So I purchased the eBook. I am excited to say that all my ducks are in line and I start Macro 0 Monday !!!!!

I also elected to work with Ryan on my nutrition. I got as far as I could on my own and it was time to get some assistance from someone way smarter than me. As everyone knows, there are no secrets or pulling rabbits out of a hat with nutrition. You count your calories and do your time, just like the gym. That said, Ryan helped me to develop a strong nutrition plan and provided both structure and accountability.

Ryan, I really appreciate what you're doing for me. I am very excited about the next leg of my journey. While I understand you do this for a living, I am grateful for the attention to detail you afforded me.

We all know that there are a plethora of fitness instructors. Newb or Vet, Ryan really listens to his customers to develop a plan that best supports your personal goals, not some one size fits all.

Thank you, Ryan !

John S. /Zoomie517
    John, thank you for the genuine testimonial! Nobody made you type all of that up, which makes it even better. I'm sure I'll be hearing from you soon in an email with questions on your training/nutrition programming.

Have a good one John,

Ryan

Originally Posted by anti-atrophy View Post
    I have to do some more research, but I think I'll be trying out this program. I'll send you a PM!
    PM received, and email too. You're all taken care of!

Originally Posted by Andelony View Post
    Hi Ryan,

I am trying to find a program with a lower volume that I m doing now that will still allow me to gain size and strength. After reading through the threads and testimonials, I believe that GST will be able to fit the bill and make it work for me! I just bought the ebook moment ago and I look forward to receiving the book and have a great read! Thanks!

Regards
    Andre
    Your custom program design process has been started! Thank you again for reading GST,

Ryan

Originally Posted by Bradfordx2 View Post
    bump
    Just turned you from red to green. No need to bump though, this is a sticky'd thread. Do you have any questions on the program?

DGAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) DGAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) DGAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) DGAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) DGAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) DGAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) DGAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) DGAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) DGAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) DGAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) DGAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Definitely looking to get this started. Need a more comprehensive plan than what I am working with currently. I have been working out for quite a bit of time but I want something that is structured with a purpose and this looks like its it!

cr007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cr007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cr007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cr007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cr007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cr007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cr007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cr007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cr007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cr007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cr007 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hello Ryan sir, hope you do remember me.
    Well i just finished 1st Macrocycle of GST and i've to say this is probably the best program i've done so far. I've seen a huge growth in my strength...don't know about the gains since i still have loads of fat to be taken care of. I specially love the soreness i get after each of my workout. Have lost 3 kgs and about 1-1.5 inches on my waist in last 4 weeks.

QUESTIONS:-

Ok so i was following this rep scheme for the core lifts:-
    Micro1:- 3x8 @ 60% of 1RM. Last set = AMRAP.
    Micro2:- 3x6 @ 70% of 1RM. Last set = AMRAP.
    Micro3:- 1st set= AMRAP with 2nd&3rd x 3reps. @ 80% of 1RM.
    Micro4:- 1st set= AMRAP with 2nd&3rd x 1-3reps. @ 90% of 1RM.
    I tweaked those last 2 Micros simply because i was able to shell out AMRAP in 1st set then in last one and my other two sets were always going to be low in reps.

Now the main question that arises is how do i calculate my 1RM for my next Macro cycle??
    For ex:- This is how my Deadlifts ended up on last Micro cycle @90% of my 1RM.
    1st set (AMRAP)= 7reps, 2nd&3rd x 3reps each.

And this is how my Bench Press ended up on last Micro.
    1st set (AMRAP)= 3reps, 2nd&3rd x 1 rep each.

Now how do i calculate my 1RM from this....which no. of reps should i use for calculating my new 1RM?? In case of deadlifts if i use my 6reps for calculating my New RM then it seems quite good. But when i use that same formula with 3 reps for Bench Press then my new RM comes out to be lesser than the old one.

What to do?? Or should i dedicate a week after each Macro for calculating my RM's??

Thanks a lot for this awesome program Ryan sir.

Regards,
    Cris

Originally Posted by DGAFitness View Post
    Definitely looking to get this started. Need a more comprehensive plan than what I am working with currently. I have been working out for quite a bit of time but I want something that is structured with a purpose and this looks like its it!
    When are we firing things up?!

Originally Posted by cr007 View Post
    Hello Ryan sir, hope you do remember me.
    Of course.

Well i just finished 1st Macrocycle of GST and i've to say this is probably the best program i've done so far. I've seen a huge growth in my strength...don't know about the gains since i still have loads of fat to be taken care of. I specially love the soreness i get after each of my workout. Have lost 3 kgs and about 1-1.5 inches on my waist in last 4 weeks.
    That's awesome progress man and, of course, I'm glad to see more compliments on GST. As you continue to lose the fat, your muscle gains will become more evident. Congratulations on those strength gains too. You made a good decision when you turned to GST programming.

QUESTIONS:-

Ok so i was following this rep scheme for the core lifts:-
    Micro1:- 3x8 @ 60% of 1RM. Last set = AMRAP.
    Micro2:- 3x6 @ 70% of 1RM. Last set = AMRAP.
    Micro3:- 1st set= AMRAP with 2nd&3rd x 3reps. @ 80% of 1RM.
    Micro4:- 1st set= AMRAP with 2nd&3rd x 1-3reps. @ 90% of 1RM.
    I tweaked those last 2 Micros simply because i was able to shell out AMRAP in 1st set then in last one and my other two sets were always going to be low in reps.
    You're supposed to do the AMRAP first for Micros 3 and 4, so nothing funny there. Looks good to me, unless I'm overlooking something.

Now the main question that arises is how do i calculate my 1RM for my next Macro cycle??
    For ex:- This is how my Deadlifts ended up on last Micro cycle @90% of my 1RM.
    1st set (AMRAP)= 7reps, 2nd&3rd x 3reps each.
    All you have to do is take the weight you used and the reps you completed (7 reps) and plug those into the 1RM calculator.

And this is how my Bench Press ended up on last Micro.
    1st set (AMRAP)= 3reps, 2nd&3rd x 1 rep each.

Now how do i calculate my 1RM from this....which no. of reps should i use for calculating my new 1RM?? In case of deadlifts if i use my 6reps for calculating my New RM then it seems quite good. But when i use that same formula with 3 reps for Bench Press then my new RM comes out to be lesser than the old one.

What to do?? Or should i dedicate a week after each Macro for calculating my RM's??
    The deadlift gains are great, but you may need a little more frequency for you to gain on the bench. I'm not sure if you have your OHP core lift on Pull day too. Do you? That can help.

As a basic strategy, I would add 10lbs to your Macro 1 bench 1RM and move forward into the next macro. After seeing how you do with that manual increase, changes can be made or not moving into Macro 3.

Thanks a lot for this awesome program Ryan sir.

Regards,
    Cris
    Cris, see bold!

caderaderbs is on a distinguished road. (+10) caderaderbs is on a distinguished road. (+10) caderaderbs is on a distinguished road. (+10) caderaderbs is on a distinguished road. (+10) caderaderbs is on a distinguished road. (+10) caderaderbs is on a distinguished road. (+10) caderaderbs is on a distinguished road. (+10) caderaderbs is on a distinguished road. (+10) caderaderbs is on a distinguished road. (+10) caderaderbs is on a distinguished road. (+10) caderaderbs is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This is a pretty sweet looking program. I'm doing ICF 5X5 now and making pretty good progress (S 185-255, D 255-335, B 155-195) but I'm thinking I'll change to this once i've worn out those linear gains. Would you recommend this program as an introductory intermediate program?

Thanks,
    Cade

Originally Posted by caderaderbs View Post
    This is a pretty sweet looking program. I'm doing ICF 5X5 now and making pretty good progress (S 185-255, D 255-335, B 155-195) but I'm thinking I'll change to this once i've worn out those linear gains. Would you recommend this program as an introductory intermediate program?

Thanks,
    Cade
    Thanks for the post Cade,

GST is awesome for coming off of a linear program. You will already have a good handle on your compound lift maxes, be looking for some change in methodology to keep things mentally fresh, and your body will welcome the new adaptions that come from new rep ranges.

Coming off of a 5x5 program, you're in a good position to start GST.

Any other questions?

Ryan

Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ryan,

So for my press days I've been doing dumbell shoulder flyes as you told me to do when the ebook was bought. But now I feel like doing cable shoulder flyes as you told me I can do either one of those, however googling for a video for the latter I've been unable to find a link or video showing me one certain way to do it. Everybody seems to have different ways to do cable shoulder flyes.

Can you show me/link me to a video which shows the way you want me to do it?

cr007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cr007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cr007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cr007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cr007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cr007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cr007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cr007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cr007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cr007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cr007 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Cris, see bold!
    I've been doing my OHP on Press days as a supplement along with Inclined BP, Close Grip BP and Flat Bench Flyes with Flat BP as my core lift. Isn't this volume enough as i love the soreness i get after my chest day. My Chest, Delts and Triceps are incredibly sore and i love that.
    I think i am doing my chest pretty well or not??. Maybe it's something related to my form? Would love to have a video link related to correct BP form as i've been watching tons of videos on You Tube lately and everyone suggests something different which forces me into too much mental masturbation.

You are a great guy Ryan sir and your program is quite awesome. Will soon post some pics when my fat %age comes down to teens.

Originally Posted by Ali18 View Post
    Ryan,

So for my press days I've been doing dumbell shoulder flyes as you told me to do when the ebook was bought. But now I feel like doing cable shoulder flyes as you told me I can do either one of those, however googling for a video for the latter I've been unable to find a link or video showing me one certain way to do it. Everybody seems to have different ways to do cable shoulder flyes.

Can you show me/link me to a video which shows the way you want me to do it?
    This is a quality video for flye tips. You can carry these tips over from dumbbells to cables.

Originally Posted by cr007 View Post
    I've been doing my OHP on Press days as a supplement along with Inclined BP, Close Grip BP and Flat Bench Flyes with Flat BP as my core lift. Isn't this volume enough as i love the soreness i get after my chest day. My Chest, Delts and Triceps are incredibly sore and i love that.
    You can try benching twice per micro by adding in another bench press session into your week. Frequency can lead to strength gains, and trying won't hurt.

I think i am doing my chest pretty well or not??. Maybe it's something related to my form? Would love to have a video link related to correct BP form as i've been watching tons of videos on You Tube lately and everyone suggests something different which forces me into too much mental masturbation.

You are a great guy Ryan sir and your program is quite awesome. Will soon post some pics when my fat %age comes down to teens.
    Thanks again CR!
    See Bold.

A popular post from the GST FB Page this morning:

From nutrition clients I commonly hear about the challenge of passing up the food that co-workers constantly bring into work. Consider this perspective on the issue:

"I have to say I hear this excuse often, and the way you handle it is 100% up to you. I like to take a different angle and ask people why they can't become the example of health in their workplace?

Just because someone brings something in, it doesn't mean you have to eat it, or eat very much of it. The average person has no idea what it means to track calories, macros, or even how to compose a generally healthy meal. I don't understand why anyone would want to be so unaware of what they put in their body. Do you?

You have the opportunity to be a person who does care about what goes into their body, and you can even be an example of that to others. If you do this consistently, I promise that people will actually start to ask you questions about how they can improve their own habits. This happens to every single person I know who chooses to eat healthy, regardless of what others try to tell them to do. They become the good example and people start to take notice."

Are you the 'healthy person' in your workplace?

Cardio for Size?

Q: In terms of adding cardio, while bulking what do you recommend?

A: Especially when bulking, you should be doing HIIT-based cardio. The proper HIIT methods will actually add great mass.

Take sprints for example; the added volume of hard leg work two times per week (for 15-20 minutes per session, 5-6 15 second sprints) will add great size to your legs.

This can be done with upper body-focused work too, like hang cleans, pushups, pullups, etc.

Bloodstone79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bloodstone79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bloodstone79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bloodstone79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bloodstone79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bloodstone79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bloodstone79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bloodstone79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bloodstone79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bloodstone79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bloodstone79 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ryan,

Went thru my first 4 Micros and am currently on the tail end (deload) of my first Macro. Starting 1RM's were 225 Incline, 245 Chin, 345 Squat. I did my heavy singles then went for PR's on Micro 4. Hit 235 Incline (+10), 255 Chin (+10) and 355 Squat (+10). Also hit all time rep PR's on BB Rows, Decline DB Press, and one or two others. Check my journal linked in sig if you want daily workouts. I have never enjoyed a deload so much in my life. It feels like I'm on vacation. Enjoying the program so far mate.

Cheers!
    26 - 5'11'' - 210 lb
    PR's - Squat 355 | Bench 315 | Conv. Deadlift 440 (435 Sumo) | Total 1110
    "I can do anything through Christ who strengthens me." - Philippians 4:13

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155555983

Originally Posted by Bloodstone79 View Post
    Ryan,

Went thru my first 4 Micros and am currently on the tail end (deload) of my first Macro. Starting 1RM's were 225 Incline, 245 Chin, 345 Squat. I did my heavy singles then went for PR's on Micro 4. Hit 235 Incline (+10), 255 Chin (+10) and 355 Squat (+10). Also hit all time rep PR's on BB Rows, Decline DB Press, and one or two others. Check my journal linked in sig if you want daily workouts. I have never enjoyed a deload so much in my life. It feels like I'm on vacation. Enjoying the program so far mate.

Cheers!
    Bloodstone, what method are you using for your deload? Are you taking time away from the gym or pumping out workouts with 50% of your scheduled weight?

Congrats on the increases and rep PRs too. One thing you'll find is that something will always be increasing with GST; supplements or core lifts. You'll set some sort of PR macro after macro.

Thanks for posting and putting GST to work!

Ryan