Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by jcpryor3 View Post
    Couldn't get my last 20g of fat in today but it was a lot better than it was yesterday. Still a little curious about not being able to get closer to meeting my macros. Today isn't really a concern, but some days may be worse (for example, missing out on 40g+ of fats and some protein). Does anyone have feedback or thoughts concerning this issue? Thank you in advance.
    ---------------------------------
    (one day maybe)
    In my understanding of nutrition, it is not something you want to make a habit of, but as long as it is the exception not the rule. I had a bro on here once who would calculate his calories by the week instead of the day because his work/home/school life was too hectic to manage in a daily sense. He would eat maybe a 1000cals one day then make it up over the next two. it seemed to work fine for him

alls that to say, we are the product of our patterns. As long as you are running a cal def and exercise in long with your end goal in mind, the pattern will get you their regardless of a bump here or their

IMHO, that was when my diet finally got real(sadly it took so long to get to it) when I first did a serious cut 3-4 years ago I was a single guy, introverted, and an easy job. I could micromanage to my hearts content. Now I got a wife, house/car payments, a much more stressful(and less paying job), and a whole slew of other variables.

I would keep resetting my diet because of this lil fualt here, or a mislabel their. Drove me nuts until I finally heard a sermon on "products of our patterns", changed my life praise the Lord.

Sorry to kinda vent all that, but thats just where I am at.
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

Keepin' It Kingdom (KIK) jcpryor3's Avatar
    jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Cowmustard View Post
    In my understanding of nutrition, it is not something you want to make a habit of, but as long as it is the exception not the rule. I had a bro on here once who would calculate his calories by the week instead of the day because his work/home/school life was too hectic to manage in a daily sense. He would eat maybe a 1000cals one day then make it up over the next two. it seemed to work fine for him

alls that to say, we are the product of our patterns. As long as you are running a cal def and exercise in long with your end goal in mind, the pattern will get you their regardless of a bump here or their

IMHO, that was when my diet finally got real(sadly it took so long to get to it) when I first did a serious cut 3-4 years ago I was a single guy, introverted, and an easy job. I could micromanage to my hearts content. Now I got a wife, house/car payments, a much more stressful(and less paying job), and a whole slew of other variables.

I would keep resetting my diet because of this lil fualt here, or a mislabel their. Drove me nuts until I finally heard a sermon on "products of our patterns", changed my life praise the Lord.

Sorry to kinda vent all that, but thats just where I am at.
    Thank you for sharing. I'm not gonna worry about it anymore. I'll just keep in my mind that it's an acception I'm making in order to get better results in the gym. I'm just gonna have fun with it.
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not unto your own understanding.
    In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Starting Stats: 206lbs@19%, LBM@193.4lbs <---------- LBM inaccurate
    Current Stats: 177.8lbs@11.5%, LBM@157.7lbs

God is first, I am second
    Set goals, take action, then achieve
    Keto Lifestyle

2012 BB.com Transformation Challenge Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150883123

jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Sons of Anarchy SEASON FINALE!!!!!!!

Made a delicious omelette for breakfast this morning. Couldn't finish that puppy, so I'll be snacking on it in a bit.

Just wanted to let everyone know that tonight is the season finally of Sons of Anarchy!!! You have to watch it. It's gonna be EPIC!! It come's on FX, whatever channel that is for you.

I'll be updating later on today.
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not unto your own understanding.
    In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Keto Lifestyle

Registered Offender gabrielsyler's Avatar
    gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Breaking Bad and Sons of Anarchy.
    Brilliant shows, I like to wait until a season is complete and watch it in one go. I can't cope with waiting a week.

I spend a lot of time on planes and in hotels, so watch a lot of TV series.

My playlist at moment is ;
    Burn Notice
    Persons of Interest
    Game of Thrones
    Revolution
    Walking Dead
    Fringe

Originally Posted by gabrielsyler View Post
    Brilliant shows, I like to wait until a season is complete and watch it in one go. I can't cope with waiting a week.

I spend a lot of time on planes and in hotels, so watch a lot of TV series.

My playlist at moment is ;
    Burn Notice
    Persons of Interest
    Game of Thrones
    Revolution
    Walking Dead
    Fringe
    Yeah I know what you mean. I've done that before. I hate waiting a whole week but it gives me something to look forward to. Fringe and Burn Notice are great shows as well. I used to watch both. Looks like I have some catching up to do.

Keto Lifestyle

***Images I promised you all!***

So I decided to give this recipe a try:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=149176563

Didn't turn out quite like I expected. OP used splenda and I used stevia in the raw.

Anyways, I made the perfect omelette this morning (thanks to youtube lol). I decided to add some chopped up brats and chicken breast. Added some cheese in there.

I promised you all some pics of my supplement shrin about a week ago and never got around to posting them. So here goes, along with the free goodies I got with my bb.com bag. Also posted two pics of the tasty omelette I had this morning. Enjoy!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by jcpryor3; 12-04-2012 at 08:04 PM.

Keto Lifestyle

Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I can't see any pics.
    Part of my transformation here - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149287533

That's weird. How about now?

Keto Lifestyle

Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Got 'em now.

I've never put brats on an ommie, but I'm going to now
    Part of my transformation here - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149287533

aesthetically displeasing bally18's Avatar
    bally18 is just really nice. (+1000) bally18 is just really nice. (+1000) bally18 is just really nice. (+1000) bally18 is just really nice. (+1000) bally18 is just really nice. (+1000) bally18 is just really nice. (+1000) bally18 is just really nice. (+1000) bally18 is just really nice. (+1000) bally18 is just really nice. (+1000) bally18 is just really nice. (+1000) bally18 is just really nice. (+1000)
    How's the TKD working for you? What kind of workout you doing?
    I love the carbups too much to do TKD, plus I find it easier to just abstain altogether from carbs outside of carbups so a TKD wouldn't be ideal for me but seems like you like it.

How are you measing your BF%? Seems like you're making good progress, keep at it.

Originally Posted by Blackjack68 View Post
    Got 'em now.

I've never put brats on an ommie, but I'm going to now
    It was pretty good actually. Give it a try

Originally Posted by bally18 View Post
    How's the TKD working for you? What kind of workout you doing?
    I love the carbups too much to do TKD, plus I find it easier to just abstain altogether from carbs outside of carbups so a TKD wouldn't be ideal for me but seems like you like it.

How are you measing your BF%? Seems like you're making good progress, keep at it.
    TKD is working good as far as I can tell. I was able to implement it into my last two workouts. Gonna give it about another week (once I train each muscle at least 1-2x) before I actually critique it. I'll report back then because it's too hard to tell right now.

I decided to do TKD because of the numerous arguments about whether or not carb-ubs are the most optimum choice when looking to lose bf. It ultimately came down to personal preference. I figured TKD would be easier and more productive considering the results I'm after.

As far as my workout goes, I'm currently on week 10 of Kris Gethins 12-week daily video trainer. Here's a link to it:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kris...y-trainer.html

If you scroll down to the drop-down menu, you can go to week 10 and see my workouts. I'm really looking forward to finishing his program though. Gonna begin Mark Ripptoe's Starting Strength program. I can't wait!

Recently I've been measuring my bf% with a bioelectrical impedance. When I go to the gym, I have one of the trainers zapp the hell out of my body In the future though, I plan on goin first thing in the morning, since hydration can affect the reading. I was using Slimguide bf calipers in the beginning, but it was too difficult. The people I had taking my measurements kept getting different readings. It was a waste of my time.

Thank you bro! Gonna give it my all!

Keto Lifestyle

Just finished watching the season finale of SoA! It was great. It sucks now that I have to wait until next season comes out. Oh well. Hopefully everyone that watched the season finale enjoyed it as much as I did.

Today's breakdown is simple.

Breakfast:
    Omelette, 6 eggs, 6oz cb, 1 brat, 1/3 cup sharp cc
    Total - 985 cals

Dinner:
    4oz jimmy dean sausage meat
    1 cup chorizo & eggs
    4 hickory smoked bacon
    2tbsn ranch
    Total - 1,234 cals

Supplements:
    6 OT
    6 fish oil
    25g crea-mono
    1 scoop ON
    Total - 215 cals

Daily Total - 2,434 cals
    Goals:
    -Follow the Lord
    -Reach 10% bf
    -Finish my Bachelor degree program
    -Get real estate license
    -Begin SS after my cut
    -Help as many people create healthier lifestyles
    -Compete in bodybuilding comp. (one day maybe)

Keto Lifestyle

Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

When I go to the gym, I have one of the trainers zapp the hell out of my body
    that made me laugh hard, didn't know you were on one of "those" routines. :P

calibers can be rough bro, thats why I am not to sure about my last bf reading. If you ever did want to go back to them though, here is a site that you can use by taking three of your own pinches
    http://www.linear-software.com/online.html

go for the JP/3 option of pinches and it is a pectorial/abdominal/and thigh pinch
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    That omelet looks good! And I've never had a BF test with calipers. Too scared the calipers aren't big enough for my fat rolls
    My Keto Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149423413

that made me laugh hard, didn't know you were on one of "those" routines. :P

calibers can be rough bro, thats why I am not to sure about my last bf reading. If you ever did want to go back to them though, here is a site that you can use by taking three of your own pinches
    http://www.linear-software.com/online.html

go for the JP/3 option of pinches and it is a pectorial/abdominal/and thigh pinch
    lol real funny cowmustard. I see you got jokes!

That's a great site. Thank you for sharing. If i find it in myself to ever use the "frustrating calipers" again, I'll definitely use that site.

Originally Posted by k3n12ock View Post
    That omelet looks good! And I've never had a BF test with calipers. Too scared the calipers aren't big enough for my fat rolls
    lol that's typical because I thought the same thing. What happens to me when trying to use them is that the calipers tend to slide because of my rolls lol one of the reason's my readings are always off. I'll probably begin using them again when I lose some more bf.

Keto Lifestyle

Just finished watching the season finale of SoA! It was great. ....
    You got me back into it. Just about to finish up season 4. Very addictive.

You got me back into it. Just about to finish up season 4. Very addictive.
    Very addictive indeed! Season 5 is gonna be EPIC!! Let me know how you like it.

Keto Lifestyle

Chest and back day was crazy today! Did a total of 20 working sets I believe. The reason i say that is because it was all supersets. Do I count each exercise in a superset as 1 set, giving me a total of 2 sets for that superset? Nonetheless, I ate 20 gummy bears pre-wo for a total of about 50g carbs and the workout was great!

Breakfast:
    Omelette - 4 eggs, 2 slices pastrami fried, 4 hickory smoked bacons
    2tbsn ranch
    1/3 cup sharp cc
    Total - 790 cals
    Lunch:
    1 brat
    4oz cb
    6 eggs
    2tbsn ranch
    Total - 950 cals

Dinner:
    1 brat
    4oz cb
    2 hickory smoked bacons
    1tbsn ranch
    Total - 580 cals

Snacks:
    20 gummy bears
    Total - 185 cals

Supplements:
    6 OT
    6 fish oil
    25g crea-mono
    2 scoops ON
    Total - 260 cals

Daily total - 2,850 cals

I have a very important question. As you can see, I exceeded my cal intake today. Since I track all my cals through MFP, excluding my workouts and the cals that are burned, how would I factor those into my daily cal intake. Since I had a cal intake of 2,850 today, would I subtract the amount of cals I burned from my workout from my daily total? I've been meaning to ask all of you but it's been slipping my mind. So if someone could clarify this for me, that would be great!

On another note, I plan on ordering a pair of Grip4orce grips. From what I've seen, they are great for increasing grip, hand, thumb, and forearm strength, along with strength gains for the entire upper body. Hopefully I can order a pair tomorrow. If not, then no worries.
    Goals:
    -Follow the Lord (In progress)
    -Reach 10% bf (In progress)
    -Finish my Bachelor degree program (In progress)
    -Get real estate license
    -Begin SS (About 2 1/2 weeks before I start)
    -Help as many people create healthier lifestyles (In progress)

Keto Lifestyle

not sure myself on the cals thing bro, but let me know how those grip things go, Lord knows my juijitsu could use a lil more grip play.
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

I have a very important question. As you can see, I exceeded my cal intake today. Since I track all my cals through MFP, excluding my workouts and the cals that are burned, how would I factor those into my daily cal intake. Since I had a cal intake of 2,850 today, would I subtract the amount of cals I burned from my workout from my daily total? I've been meaning to ask all of you but it's been slipping my mind. So if someone could clarify this for me, that would be great!
    Not sure I understand what exactly you're asking.
    Your "maintenence level" or "TDEE" should already include all activity.

Not sure I understand what exactly you're asking.
    Your "maintenence level" or "TDEE" should already include all activity.
    Your absolutely right BJ! I forgot about TDEE, but you freshened my mind. How could I forget something so simple? Lol thanks bro.

Keto Lifestyle

not sure myself on the cals thing bro, but let me know how those grip things go, Lord knows my juijitsu could use a lil more grip play.
    Got the calorie thing worked out thanks to BJ. I'llet you know how the grips work out for me. I'm expecting great results. They're gonna be perfect since I'll be starting SS very soon

Keto Lifestyle

Got the calorie thing worked out thanks to BJ. I'llet you know how the grips work out for me. I'm expecting great results. They're gonna be perfect since I'll be starting SS very soon
    good to know, good to go!!!
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

It was a rest day today, so things were pretty boring today. Watched some Nikita and that's about it.

Breakfast:
    2 bacons
    4 eggs
    4oz cb
    4oz jimmy dean
    1tbsn ranch
    Total - 960 cals

Lunch:
    4 eggs
    1 brat
    2oz cb
    1 tbsn ranch
    Total - 675 cals

Dinner:
    4oz jimmy dean
    6 eggs
    1tbsn ranch
    Total - 850 cals

Supplements:
    6 ot
    6 fish oil
    25tsp crea-mono
    Total - 85 cals

Daily total - 2,570 cals

Today was my 5th day of loading on with crea-mono. I'm glad that's over with. I'll only be taking 5tsp a day now.

Trutein arrives tomorrow. Took a little longer than expected but that's okay. I plan on ordering the grips sometime next week. That's it for now.

Keto Lifestyle

k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I've been recording my cardio on MFP but not sure how I can record cals burned through lifting. MFP subtracts cals burned from total daily intake. I've ate over 1800 a few times because of it but am trying to stay under my recommended even with those recorded.
    My Keto Log:

Originally Posted by k3n12ock View Post
    I've been recording my cardio on MFP but not sure how I can record cals burned through lifting. MFP subtracts cals burned from total daily intake. I've ate over 1800 a few times because of it but am trying to stay under my recommended even with those recorded.
    I wonder why it subtracts from total daily intake? That's pretty weird if you ask me. As BJ said, TDEE is already factored into daily intake. Therefore, if MFP subtracts from total daily intake, your at an even bigger deficit.

If I'm correct, I wouldn't log my cardio through MFP. Log it in a journal or something. You could always log it in MFP to find out how many cals you burned and delete the log afterwards. That way you get all your cals in.

Keto Lifestyle

I wonder why it subtracts from total daily intake? That's pretty weird if you ask me. As BJ said, TDEE is already factored into daily intake. Therefore, if MFP subtracts from total daily intake, your at an even bigger deficit.

If I'm correct, I wouldn't log my cardio through MFP. Log it in a journal or something. You could always log it in MFP to find out how many cals you burned and delete the log afterwards. That way you get all your cals in.
    Yeah it's nice and all but it makes me think I can eat more since I've "burned" those cals off. Gonna take your suggestion and write it down elsewhere.
    My Keto Log:

I just use the difference to tell me my "supposed deficit"
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

So yesterday my cousin asked me to go out of town with him for the night. It was his cousins wedding. Yesterday was great up until that point. I ended up eating at a mexican restaurant. Couldn't resist myself, let alone refuse to eat, otherwise everyone would have been on me tough. That's sort of a cop out though. Anyways, decided to eat only one meal today because of the extra carbs from yesterday. It didn't go so well though. I ended up having a few pieces of candy along with other carb foods I shouldn't have had. They weren't full meals or anything, they were just munchies. I made sure not to over due it. Part of the reason I said fuark it is because I pretty much ran out of food. Good thing is I went shopping today, so I'll be back on it tomorrow.

I knew had to be out of ketosis, but I wanted to be for sure. I tested negative for any ketones. Should be back in it fairly fast.

Trutein came yesterday. Cinnabun tastes just like cinnabun. Haven't tried milk choc. yet. I'll give it a try tomorrow. On another note, I tried some trutein in my coffee and it didn't come out how I wanted it to (clumps again, same as ON). Not sure why this is happening. Is there a special way to mix protein with coffee that I'm missing?

Ordered my grips today. Not sure when they'll be here yet but I'm guessing next week sometime. Looking forward to using those on all upper-body workouts. I'll report back after a few workouts with them.

Not even gonna waste my time giving a breakdown of yesterday's or today's food intake. I'll pick it back up starting tomorrow. Wish me luck!
    Goals:
    -Follow the Lord (In progress)
    -Reach 10% bf (In progress)
    -Finish my Bachelor degree program (In progress)
    -Get real estate license
    -Begin SS (About 2 1/2 weeks before I start)
    -Help as many people create healthier lifestyles (In progress)

Keto Lifestyle

I tried some trutein in my coffee and it didn't come out how I wanted it to (clumps again, same as ON). Not sure why this is happening. Is there a special way to mix protein with coffee that I'm missing?
    The Cinnabun will clump some, the one drawback of that particular flavor. Try the chocolate in coffee tomorrow. I have that every day and no clumping problems ever.