Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    its not a bad taste. kinda like a dense milk maybe. pretty cheap. you can mix in some good stuff for flavor as well.

My multi is the cheap gummi vitamins I can get at costco or sams. aint nothing worth bragging about but they work.
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Never had cottage cheese..... mind blown. I thought everybody had that. The texture really bothers some people, imagine chunky yogurt, but I love the stuff. It's a bit high in carbs though.

Casein probably isn't worth the price. Most say that protein is protein no matter. I still think it's at least not a "bad" idea to use different kinds. I personally use Trutein. It's a 40/40/20 whey/casein/egg blend, and one of the best tasting ones out there, plus it has added digestive enzymes, omega 3, prebiotic fiber and nucleotides. I think bb.com is out of stock right now, and so is my favorite online supp shop where everything is a lot cheaper (pm me if you want a link).

Orange Triad, I believe, is about as good as it gets for multis. It's what I use exclusively now. I get lots of micros through diet, so I can low-dose them and it makes a bottle extremely cost effective.
    Part of my transformation here - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149287533

sleep- work- lift- bacon resilience5241's Avatar
    resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Subbing in. Haven't read over everything yet but will read the rest as time allows. However, wanted to second this:

Originally Posted by Blackjack68 View Post
    I still think it's at least not a "bad" idea to use different kinds. I personally use Trutein. It's a 40/40/20 whey/casein/egg blend, and one of the best tasting ones out there, plus it has added digestive enzymes, omega 3, prebiotic fiber and nucleotides.
    If it is important to you, you will find a way.
    If it's not, you will find an excuse.

STRONGMAN TRAINING/KETO LOG:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158537933

IG: willflex4cookies

Keepin' It Kingdom (KIK) jcpryor3's Avatar
    jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Cowmustard View Post
    its not a bad taste. kinda like a dense milk maybe. pretty cheap. you can mix in some good stuff for flavor as well.

My multi is the cheap gummi vitamins I can get at costco or sams. aint nothing worth bragging about but they work.
    I'll have to pick some up soon and try it. Any particular brand? Macros to look for in a brand?

When I get my OT, I'll tell you how it is....it may be time for your switch

Never had cottage cheese..... mind blown. I thought everybody had that. The texture really bothers some people, imagine chunky yogurt, but I love the stuff. It's a bit high in carbs though.

Casein probably isn't worth the price. Most say that protein is protein no matter. I still think it's at least not a "bad" idea to use different kinds. I personally use Trutein. It's a 40/40/20 whey/casein/egg blend, and one of the best tasting ones out there, plus it has added digestive enzymes, omega 3, prebiotic fiber and nucleotides. I think bb.com is out of stock right now, and so is my favorite online supp shop where everything is a lot cheaper (pm me if you want a link).

Orange Triad, I believe, is about as good as it gets for multis. It's what I use exclusively now. I get lots of micros through diet, so I can low-dose them and it makes a bottle extremely cost effective.
    Do you eat your cc with anything? For the Trutein, would you recommend that over the Gold Standard considering it already has whey and casein in it? Or, should I use both? Gold Standard pwo, and Trutein at night? BB.com has discontinued Trutein from their website, I wonder why? I would def. like that link please PM'ed you! If I decide to get some, what flavor is bomb?

Can't wait to try OT! I ordered 2 bottles so I won't have to order for awhile and so I could get the free black Friday goodies.
    Last edited by jcpryor3; 11-26-2012 at 07:22 AM.
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not unto your own understanding.
    In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Starting Stats: 206lbs@19%, LBM@193.4lbs <---------- LBM inaccurate
    Current Stats: 177.8lbs@11.5%, LBM@157.7lbs

God is first, I am second
    Set goals, take action, then achieve
    Keto Lifestyle

2012 BB.com Transformation Challenge Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150883123

Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Easy on the cottage cheese, it's got some carbs, and it's easy to overdo.
    I do one weird thing with it, I love putting it on Nathan's Hot Dogs.... Yeah, it sounds really weird, but tastes great

I'd recommend Trutein over ON Gold any day. Morning, pwo, night, any time. Imo, better profile and WAY better taste. Even less expensive. Mixes great in water with just a shaker bottle.

The milk chocolate is my staple, it's a mellow chocolate, not strong at all.
    The vanilla is great, I like to mix in other flavors and use it for making "sludge". Makes great protein pancakes too.
    The Cinnabun is very good, but it can be overpowering and some people get tired of it quickly. I like just a touch of it with some chocolate trutein in my coffee.

pm sent
    Part of my transformation here - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149287533

jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Easy on the cottage cheese, it's got some carbs, and it's easy to overdo.
    I do one weird thing with it, I love putting it on Nathan's Hot Dogs.... Yeah, it sounds really weird, but tastes great

I'd recommend Trutein over ON Gold any day. Morning, pwo, night, any time. Imo, better profile and WAY better taste. Even less expensive. Mixes great in water with just a shaker bottle.

The milk chocolate is my staple, it's a mellow chocolate, not strong at all.
    The vanilla is great, I like to mix in other flavors and use it for making "sludge". Makes great protein pancakes too.
    The Cinnabun is very good, but it can be overpowering and some people get tired of it quickly. I like just a touch of it with some chocolate trutein in my coffee.

pm sent
    Haha that does sound pretty darn weird. I still haven't gotten a chance to get some of those hot dogs, or even try that chili you were talking about. Hopefully this job falls through tomorrow. If it does, I'll be able to mix things up a whole lot more (what I've been waiting for).

I think I'll order 2 flavors of the Trutein when I get some money. It seems legit. S you take Trutein when you wake, post-workout and at bedtime? Just curious. Trutein in your coffee sounds like it would be pretty tasty. a splash of Cinnabun and milk choc. and my coffee is good to go?
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not unto your own understanding.
    In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Keto Lifestyle

Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I might have to try out this trutein as well..... Let me know how it goes.
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

(partially answers from pm conversation)
    I am keeping a log of my bulk on paper (I track everything fitness and diet related), but not on the website.

Unknown how long it will take my supp site to get it back in stock, hopefully not long, I'm down to 4 tubs You can get it from the Trunutrition home site, but it's more expensive there. They also sell samples of all their proteins.
    I've used all the flavors I mentioned. If you try the cinnabun, you might go with a small jug or even a sample pack from the Trunutrition website. I certainly wouldn't make it my only flavor.
    I use Trutein all day, every day. It's got slow, med, and fast digesting proteins, so I figure I'm "covering my bases".

Supplements/diet/nutrition is kind of a hobby for me, so I try lots of stuff, and my room/desk looks like a freakin alchemy lab
    I know it's not "necessary", but it's fun/interesting for me.

My favorite blend for coffee right now (2-3x/day) is:
    Xtra Large Coffee
    Half Scoop Trutein Chocolate
    Quarter Scoop Wheyology Chocolate (same company as Trutein, 100% whey with added Leucine. The chocolate taste is stronger/richer than the trutein).
    Quarter Scoop Trutein Cinnabun or iForce Protean in Red Velvet Cake flavor (Profile isn't quite as impressive as others, but as a kicker, the taste is amazing).
    A little ALCAR powder
    A little Micronized Creatine Mono
    A little Taurine Powder
    Sometimes some coconut oil

I might have to try out this trutein as well..... Let me know how it goes.
    Gotcha' keto bro!

(partially answers from pm conversation)
    I am keeping a log of my bulk on paper (I track everything fitness and diet related), but not on the website.

Unknown how long it will take my supp site to get it back in stock, hopefully not long, I'm down to 4 tubs You can get it from the Trunutrition home site, but it's more expensive there. They also sell samples of all their proteins.
    I've used all the flavors I mentioned. If you try the cinnabun, you might go with a small jug or even a sample pack from the Trunutrition website. I certainly wouldn't make it my only flavor.
    I use Trutein all day, every day. It's got slow, med, and fast digesting proteins, so I figure I'm "covering my bases".

Supplements/diet/nutrition is kind of a hobby for me, so I try lots of stuff, and my room/desk looks like a freakin alchemy lab
    I know it's not "necessary", but it's fun/interesting for me.

My favorite blend for coffee right now (2-3x/day) is:
    Xtra Large Coffee
    Half Scoop Trutein Chocolate
    Quarter Scoop Wheyology Chocolate (same company as Trutein, 100% whey with added Leucine. The chocolate taste is stronger/richer than the trutein).
    Quarter Scoop Trutein Cinnabun or iForce Protean in Red Velvet Cake flavor (Profile isn't quite as impressive as others, but as a kicker, the taste is amazing).
    A little ALCAR powder
    A little Micronized Creatine Mono
    A little Taurine Powder
    Sometimes some coconut oil
    My goodness! How do you come up with this stuff? Sounds freaking amazing lol I'm starting to build my supplement stack. Slowly but surely. Sounds like you have a lot of stuff to play around with (experiment, try new things). I'll let you all know if I get this job tomorrow. If I do, in come's tons of new supplements. I can't wait! I feel like the job is already mine. Anyways, I'm gonna check some of this other stuff out that you listed. I'll get some more feedback from you after I've done my homework Thanks for the great advice, again!

Quick question though. If I decided to take the Trutein all throughout the day, let's say upon waking, pre & pro, and at bedtime, I would include that in my macros correct (excluding the pwo)?

Keto Lifestyle

Originally Posted by jcpryor3 View Post
    Quick question though. If I decided to take the Trutein all throughout the day, let's say upon waking, pre & pro, and at bedtime, I would include that in my macros correct (excluding the pwo)?
    Count everything toward macros. The only exception being if you use TKD carbs, they don't count toward the carb total for the day, whatever calories they contain still get counted.

Don't worry about a big supp stash, a lot of it's a waste of money anyway. It's just a fun hobby.

I'd call "the good stuff":
    Quality protein powder to hit macros
    Fish Oil
    Quality Multi
    Creatine
    And extra vitamin D3

Pre-workout drinks are "iffy", but I really enjoy mine (White Flood), so that's one I'll always keep/use.

Count everything toward macros. The only exception being if you use TKD carbs, they don't count toward the carb total for the day, whatever calories they contain still get counted.
    I thought your post workout shake doesn't count since your body pretty much digests it immediately? Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought I seen it somewhere here on the forums. I'll start counting the cals. from all shakes I drink from this point forward. I'm gonna start taking my ON 4 times a day. That way I can get rid of it faster and get me some Trutein to see how it works. Once I get that, I'll do the same (take it upon waking, pre/pwo, and at bedtime). What do you think about that?

I'd call "the good stuff":
    Quality protein powder to hit macros
    Fish Oil
    Quality Multi
    Creatine
    And extra vitamin D3
    Quality protein - check
    Fish oil - Recommendations? I bought two large bottles of this cheap stuff from rite-aid. That's what I'm currently taking.
    Creatine - Recommendations?
    Vitamin D3 - Never heard of it. Can you enlighten me please?

Pre-workout drinks are "iffy", but I really enjoy mine (White Flood), so that's one I'll always keep/use.
    I currently have a little WF left. That stuff really gets you pumped. Haven't been taking it for awhile. Now might be the time. It should be keto friendly right?

Keto Lifestyle

Today went great! I weighed myself immediately upon waking. I'm currentl at 196.6lbs. I've dropped 9.4lbs since I started keto. Tomorrow makes 3 weeks. I'm pretty impressed if you ask me. Bf% was down to 17.4%!! It's working, and I'm excited!

Current results are as follows
    ---------------------------------
    Bodyweight:
    Start - 206lbs.
    Current - 196.6lbs.

Bodyfat %:
    Start - 19%
    Current - 17.4%

Here's today's breakdown
    -----------------------------
    Breakfast
    7oz chicken breast, fried & chopped
    1 brat, fried & chopped
    2 bacons
    85g broccoli
    4tbsn ranch
    1/3 cup sharp cc
    Total - 1,130 cals.

Lunch
    4oz. chicken breast, fried & chopped
    2 bacons
    4tbsn ranch
    85g broccoli
    Total - 662 cals.

Dinner
    4oz. chicken breast, fried & chopped
    85g broccoli
    4tbsn ranch
    1/3 cup sharp cc
    Total - 552 cals.

Snacks
    3/4 cup ranch sunflower seeds
    Total - 180 cals.

Daily total - 2,524 cals.

I know I haven'd posted any progress photos recently. Will def. do so tomorrow. Also, if this job falls through tomorrow, I'm gonna change my whole diet up (I'm talking more of a variety). I believe it's already mine!
    Goals
    -Follow the Lord
    -Reach 10% bf
    -Finish my Bachelor degree program
    -Get real estate license
    -Begin SS after my cut
    -Help as many people create healthier lifestyles
    -Compete in bodybuilding comp. (one day maybe)
    Last edited by jcpryor3; 11-26-2012 at 11:17 PM.

Keto Lifestyle

Today went great! I weighed myself immediately upon waking. I'm currentl at 196.6lbs. I've dropped 9.4lbs since I started keto. Tomorrow makes 3 weeks. I'm pretty impressed if you ask me. Bf% was down to 17.4%!! It's working, and I'm excited!
    nice results bro!!! Nothing to it but to do it!!!
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

Excellent work. Congrats on the progress!
    3 lbs/week is great. It'll probably slow to 2/wk now that most of the water/glycogen is gone, but that's good. 2lbs/wk is a healthy, muscle preserving level. You're right on target

I thought your post workout shake doesn't count since your body pretty much digests it immediately? Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought I seen it somewhere here on the forums. I'll start counting the cals. from all shakes I drink from this point forward.
    Pre and Post carbs don't count toward your carb max for the day, but calories always count.

Fish oil - Recommendations? I bought two large bottles of this cheap stuff from rite-aid. That's what I'm currently taking.
    Creatine - Recommendations?
    Vitamin D3 - Never heard of it. Can you enlighten me please?
    Fish Oil - Any is good, I've used the cheap stuff plenty, but a higher quality/concentration is better in the long run. Recommendations are in the 1-2g range (***important note, that's 1-2g of "omega3", not 1-2g of "fish oil").
    It takes about 6-8 of the average cheap pill to get the 1g, while a single premium one will get you there (I still take more though). So, not only does the cost even out, but since each pill has about 10-15 calories, you save like 50-80 cals a day using the premium ones that can then go to yummy food. Use what you've got, if you have some extra cash when that's gone, you might look into the good stuff. Controlled Labs makes a good one that you can often catch on sale. I just ordered a bunch on black friday from "my fav supp shop" for ~$10/bottle of 120. They still have them for 12.99. Btw, if you ever order from that place, pm me and I'll give you the current discount code (usually 5%).
    One of the best options (that I use a LOT) is canned wild salmon (or fresh). Every ounce of salmon has as much Omega3 as a cheap pill. Plus a great protein to calorie ratio, salmon is a great food for hitting the macros while saving money on supplements.

Creatine - Honestly, any inexpensive creatine monohydrate is fine. Get what's cheap.

D3 - It's the most bio-available form of vitamin D that we have. It's from cholecalciferol rather than ergocalciferol (called vitamin D2). When choosing a multivitamin, always look for cholecalciferol on the label (Yes, Orange Triad has it).
    Most people are deficient in D, and the study evidence for the efficacy of additional supplementation is really well documented. It's one of the few that we have, that we "know" actually does good things.
    Deficiency leads to all kinds of problems, mostly skeletal/muscular and some hormonal.
    Supplementation is good for blood pressure, calcium absorption (strong bones), immune system, skin, insulin response, kidney function, anti-cancer, cardio vascular health, and optimum testosterone levels (among other things).
    I make sure I get between 1-4,000 IU every day (and I normally get a lot of sunlight which helps me produce my own). Some people go as high as 5,000 IU daily.
    It's also inexpensive, so that's a plus. You can get it al wal-mart, but always get a softgel version and take it at the same time as fish oil or with a meal for absorption.

It should be keto friendly right?
    All good.
    Last edited by Blackjack68; 11-27-2012 at 08:28 AM.

k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Congrats on the progress bro! How was your Thanksgiving and how'd it work out for you?
    My Keto Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149423413

nice results bro!!! Nothing to it but to do it!!!
    Thanks bro! Couldn't have said it better myself.

Excellent work. Congrats on the progress!
    3 lbs/week is great. It'll probably slow to 2/wk now that most of the water/glycogen is gone, but that's good. 2lbs/wk is a healthy, muscle preserving level. You're right on target
    Thank you! Like they always say, slow and steady wins the race!

Originally Posted by k3n12ock View Post
    Congrats on the progress bro! How was your Thanksgiving and how'd it work out for you?
    Thank you bro! Thanksgiving was great! I was able to control myself. Had only one piece of cheese cake. Man was it good! How's your progress coming along?

Keto Lifestyle

Pre and Post carbs don't count toward your carb max for the day, but calories always count.
    Thanks for the info. I'm on a spread right now. Same goes for you Cowmustard. Remind me to rep you guys though.

Fish Oil - Any is good, I've used the cheap stuff plenty, but a higher quality/concentration is better in the long run. Recommendations are in the 1-2g range (***important note, that's 1-2g of "omega3", not 1-2g of "fish oil").
    It takes about 6-8 of the average cheap pill to get the 1g, while a single premium one will get you there (I still take more though). So, not only does the cost even out, but since each pill has about 10-15 calories, you save like 50-80 cals a day using the premium ones that can then go to yummy food. Use what you've got, if you have some extra cash when that's gone, you might look into the good stuff. Controlled Labs makes a good one that you can often catch on sale. I just ordered a bunch on black friday from "my fav supp shop" for ~$10/bottle of 120. They still have them for 12.99. Btw, if you ever order from that place, pm me and I'll give you the current discount code (usually 5%).
    One of the best options (that I use a LOT) is canned wild salmon (or fresh). Every ounce of salmon has as much Omega3 as a cheap pill. Plus a great protein to calorie ratio, salmon is a great food for hitting the macros while saving money on supplements.
    When you say that recommendations are 1-2g, is that daily? I'll def. pm you when I decide to order from the site.

I'll have to look for some canned wild salmon.

Creatine - Honestly, any inexpensive creatine monohydrate is fine. Get what's cheap.
    Gotcha.

D3 - It's the most bio-available form of vitamin D that we have. It's from cholecalciferol rather than ergocalciferol (called vitamin D2). When choosing a multivitamin, always look for cholecalciferol on the label (Yes, Orange Triad has it).
    Most people are deficient in D, and the study evidence for the efficacy of additional supplementation is really well documented. It's one of the few that we have, that we "know" actually does good things.
    Deficiency leads to all kinds of problems, mostly skeletal/muscular and some hormonal.
    Supplementation is good for blood pressure, calcium absorption (strong bones), immune system, skin, insulin response, kidney function, anti-cancer, cardio vascular health, and optimum testosterone levels (among other things).
    I make sure I get between 1-4,000 IU every day (and I normally get a lot of sunlight which helps me produce my own). Some people go as high as 5,000 IU daily.
    It's also inexpensive, so that's a plus. You can get it al wal-mart, but always get a softgel version and take it at the same time as fish oil or with a meal for absorption.
    Is there enough cholecalciferol in the OT? Or do you recommend for me to get a bottle of D3 on the side? I'm liking the support it provides the body.

What's an IU? And how much is 1,000 IU?

Keto Lifestyle

When you say that recommendations are 1-2g, is that daily? I'll def. pm you when I decide to order from the site.
    Yes, daily.

Is there enough cholecalciferol in the OT? Or do you recommend for me to get a bottle of D3 on the side? I'm liking the support it provides the body.
    What's an IU? And how much is 1,000 IU?
    IU is International Unit
    A full 6 pills of OT provides 1,000 IU. That's not bad really, but I honestly believe that double that is probably better. With taking OT, I wouldn't consider the extra "necessary", but still probably money well spent, especially as cheap as it is.

Yes, daily.

IU is International Unit
    A full 6 pills of OT provides 1,000 IU. That's not bad really, but I honestly believe that double that is probably better. With taking OT, I wouldn't consider the extra "necessary", but still probably money well spent, especially as cheap as it is.
    Sounds good. My stuff should be here tomorrow. I'm excited lol So your saying I should take double the dosage of OT to get 2,000 IU? Or 6 pills of OT and 1,000 IU of D3? If I decided to pick up some D3 tomorrow, I just look for D3 or Vitamin D3?

Keto Lifestyle

Breakdowns for today.

Breakfast
    6 eggs
    2 bacons
    1 scoop ON
    4tbsn ranch
    Total - 1,050 cals.

Lunch
    2 eggs
    2 bacons
    4 tbsn ranch
    Total - 640 cals.

Dinner
    42g hot n' spicy pork skins
    Total - 272 cals.

Pre/Post Workout
    1 scoop ON before and after workout
    Total - 260 cals.
    Bedtime
    1 scoop ON
    Total - 130 cals.

Daily total - 2,352 cals.

The night is still young. I plan on eating a little more fat though to meet my macros.

I've attached the photos that I promised. I took them last week. I'll take some more tomorrow. After that, I'll only update with progress pics every other week. I'll also be weighing in every other week for now on, along with taking bf measurments.
    Goals
    -Follow the Lord
    -Reach 10% bf
    -Get real estate license
    -Begin SS after my cut
    Attached Images

Keto Lifestyle

So your saying I should take double the dosage of OT to get 2,000 IU? Or 6 pills of OT and 1,000 IU of D3? If I decided to pick up some D3 tomorrow, I just look for D3 or Vitamin D3?
    No, don't double up on OT. In fact, if you're getting a lot of veggies, I'd even skimp on the OT a bit, make it last longer, that's what I do.
    On top of whatever you're getting from the OT, I'd pop another 1-2,000 IU on top. They sell them in (I think) 500 to 5,000. Don't forget to make it the gelcaps, not tablets. Even 5k isn't at toxic levels, so don't worry about that.

No, don't double up on OT. In fact, if you're getting a lot of veggies, I'd even skimp on the OT a bit, make it last longer, that's what I do.
    On top of whatever you're getting from the OT, I'd pop another 1-2,000 IU on top. They sell them in (I think) 500 to 5,000. Don't forget to make it the gelcaps, not tablets. Even 5k isn't at toxic levels, so don't worry about that.
    Okay, I'm a little confused. Are you talking about D3 or fish oil for the IU? I sometimes forget about my veggies. I'll start eating a lot more for now on so I can skimp on the OT.

Keto Lifestyle

Okay, I'm a little confused. Are you talking about D3 or fish oil for the IU? I sometimes forget about my veggies. I'll start eating a lot more for now on so I can skimp on the OT.
    2-3,000 IU of D3
    Enough fish oil to get 1-2g Omega 3 (1-2g omega 3, not 1-2g fish oil)
    Eat more veggies - Skimp on OT
    Eat salmon - skimp on fish oil

2-3,000 IU of D3
    Enough fish oil to get 1-2g Omega 3 (1-2g omega 3, not 1-2g fish oil)
    Eat more veggies - Skimp on OT
    Eat salmon - skimp on fish oil
    That makes a lot more sense now. Thanks Bro!

Keto Lifestyle

Blackjack

Blackjack, I tried drinking some coffee with a scoop of ON. I'm guessing since the coffee was hot, it caused the ON to bunch up into little white curds, or whatever you call them things. Does that happen to you when you make your extra large coffe specialty? I'm just curious if there's a way around that. It looks weird.

Keto Lifestyle

Blackjack, I tried drinking some coffee with a scoop of ON. I'm guessing since the coffee was hot, it caused the ON to bunch up into little white curds, or whatever you call them things. Does that happen to you when you make your extra large coffe specialty? I'm just curious if there's a way around that. It looks weird.
    I have had that happen with Dymatize Casein. Kinda nasty looking. You're correct about the cause being too hot. I've never had that happen with Trutein, iForce Protean, Myofusion or Syntha6.... just Dymatize, and I've never tried ON in my coffee.
    You could try cooling the coffee off a bit before adding the pro, or just wait 'til you get some better protein.

I have had that happen with Dymatize Casein. Kinda nasty looking. You're correct about the cause being too hot. I've never had that happen with Trutein, iForce Protean, Myofusion or Syntha6.... just Dymatize, and I've never tried ON in my coffee.
    You could try cooling the coffee off a bit before adding the pro, or just wait 'til you get some better protein.
    Okay, that's what I figured. Guess I'll wait until I get some Trutein.

Finally got my OT today, along with a bunch of other goodies. How many grams of veggies (broccoli in particular) should I eat in order to skimp on the OT? And when you say skimp, how much should I skimp?

Keto Lifestyle

Okay, that's what I figured. Guess I'll wait until I get some Trutein.

Finally got my OT today, along with a bunch of other goodies. How many grams of veggies (broccoli in particular) should I eat in order to skimp on the OT? And when you say skimp, how much should I skimp?
    I don't calculate anything as far as that goes. That would be too much micromanaging even for me, lol. As long as I get at least a couple side dishes worth of veggies, I'll just do like 3-4 OT that day. If I get a ton of stuff like vegetable stew, I'll cut the OT to 1-2 that day. In the long run, it probably doesn't make enough difference to ever worry about.

I don't calculate anything as far as that goes. That would be too much micromanaging even for me, lol. As long as I get at least a couple side dishes worth of veggies, I'll just do like 3-4 OT that day. If I get a ton of stuff like vegetable stew, I'll cut the OT to 1-2 that day. In the long run, it probably doesn't make enough difference to ever worry about.
    Lol that's understandable. I'll just make sure I eat some veggies with all my meals. That should do the trick.
    Last edited by jcpryor3; 11-28-2012 at 10:18 PM.

Keto Lifestyle

Breakfast
    Denny's Meat Lover's Omelette
    Total - 1,190 cals.

Lunch
    4oz. cb, chopped & fried
    2 eggs, scrambled
    2 bacons
    85g broccoli
    4tbsn ranch
    Total - 802 cals.

Dinner
    1 brat, fried
    100g broccoli
    2tbsn ranch
    Total - 432 cals.

Supplements
    1 scoop ON, breakfast
    1 scoop ON, pre-wo
    1 scoop ON, pwo
    1 scoop ON, bedtime
    1 dosage Orange Triad
    1.8g or 1,800mg fish oil
    Total - 390 cals.

Daily total - 2,814 cals.

Today was leg day. I began recording my workouts on the MyFitnessPal app. If you haven't already, check out my profile. The link is below.

I was able to take progress photos today. I've attached them as well. From now on, I'll take progress photos when I weigh in and take bf measurements (bi-weekly). Stay tuned.

MyFitnessPal: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/jpryor3
    Goals
    -Follow the Lord
    -Reach 10% bf
    -Get real estate license
    -Begin SS after my cut
    Attached Images
    Last edited by jcpryor3; 11-28-2012 at 10:39 PM.

Keto Lifestyle