Thread: Trx?

afcaligirl1990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) afcaligirl1990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Trx?

I am thinking about starting up both TRX and P90X(once again) any pointers on TRX? as in which exercises work best and where in an average home is good to use the TRX system?

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by afcaligirl1990 View Post
    ... and where in an average home is good to use the TRX system?
    I don't do TRX, but...

You need to find a place in your house that provides you with ample space to do the various movements. Even better is a space that won't become cluttered with other stuff. That open corner of your basement might be a good spot to install an anchor for your TRX straps, but only if it won't inadvertently turn into a storage area at some point.

TRX, and other systems like it, have door anchors. This might well be a good choice for a while to see if it's something you'll stick with. Space in front of a doorway might be a good choice due to the need to keep the doorway clear for normal use. I have doubts about door anchors being a good long term solution due to the wear and tear that it'll eventually cause to the door and trim.

You should consider systems similar to TRX which allow you to have separate anchor points for each strap. The Lifeline Jungle Gym XT is one such system. Also consider gymnastic rings. (See my thread about the Rogue Ring Hanger. I chose that particular solution, but there are several other good solutions suggested in that thread.)
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hopefully you havent already splashed out on either system just yet.

over on the Rosstraining boards, someone posted this link on how to make your own. its Easy, Fast and Cheap!

check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES5GN9k7BZw

Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hopefully you havent already splashed out on either system just yet.

over on the Rosstraining boards, someone posted this link on how to make your own. its Easy, Fast and Cheap!

check it out.

angmonroe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I use a TRX exclusively now after years of weight lifting with free weights and machines. I think your idea to use a TRX and the P90 course is an excellent idea and it should give you great results. While you can use the TRX with a door (and it works great), I purchased the X-mount from TRX and installed it at the top portion of a wall in my basement. It works so much better than the door attachment. You can also install the x-mount in your ceiling if you prefer. I wasn't able to do that where I wanted to put my TRX. I have used my TRX for about 2 years now and I have no plans to ever go back to weights. Good luck with your program and feel free to msg me if you have any questions.
    TRX and Body Weight Workout tips at my blog: http://www.body-weight-workouts.com