Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by tim8310 View Post
    I'm 29
    103 kg
    182cm
    20% Bf

I consume 2700 calories per day
    training 5 days per week. Circuit training (heart rate 120-140). 2 weeks hard, 2 weeks I reduce amount of work(3 days a week and 2 times less sets)
    carbs: 50%
    protein: 30%
    fat: 20%
    No sugar, no bread, processed food etc
    little amount of fruits.
    I boil food, grill or cook in slow cooker. Every meal I try to start with green vegetables (spinach).

I am on this diet about 4 months.

PROBLEM:
    I lost a lot of strength and muscles instead fat. I take a lot of supplements:
    cortisole blocker
    test booster
    gh booster
    bcaa
    aminos
    post workout
    pre workout
    intra workout
    animal pak
    5htp
    fat burner(not often)

What would you suggest to change my body composition and not to lose much muscles\strenght?
    Thank you!
    -Lose the large volumes of conditioning work and go on a heavy barbell based progress overload weight training program if you want to preseve or even gain muscle while cutting. I have a program in the Workout Program stickies and so does All Pro both will work. If you want something lower volume if either is too much run Stronglifts 5x5 or Starting Strength. This is why you lost muscle.

-Lose the food avoidance hangup... I eat pizza, ice cream, white rice, fried chicken all the time when cutting including for the summer transformation challenge in the nutrition misc where I dropped 34 lbs. Focus on macros and calories not foods... table sugar is no more or less fattening than brown rice. If you need more satiation eat more vegetables don't avoid foods that taste great. You will binge more often, you will be unhappy and unsatisfied eating a bland crappy diet and is will not directly help you lose fat in any way.

-Drop the macronutrient percentages they are complete arbitrary and anyone giving you percentages doesn't understand nutritional science. Hit 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass you possess and .5g of fat per lbs of lbm. After that fill your caloric needs with whatever you want day to day, but I recommend at least 50% of remaining calories be in the form of carbs... 50-100% of them. You can change the later day to day at your whim without signifigantly impacting results.

-I don't even know what 3/4 of the things on your supplement list even are. Use basic supplements like creatine or fill niche's in your diet (not enough sunlight take vitamin D3, don't enjoy eating much meat use a protein shake, don't like fish take fish oil.. .outside of things like this you don't need supplements they are a waste of money).

-You listed caloric intake... what is your caloric expendature?

tim8310 is not very well liked. (-100) tim8310 is not very well liked. (-100) tim8310 is not very well liked. (-100) tim8310 is not very well liked. (-100) tim8310 is not very well liked. (-100) tim8310 is not very well liked. (-100) tim8310 is not very well liked. (-100) tim8310 is not very well liked. (-100) tim8310 is not very well liked. (-100) tim8310 is not very well liked. (-100) tim8310 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by JasonDB View Post
    -Lose the food avoidance hangup... I eat pizza, ice cream, white rice, fried chicken all the time when cutting including for the summer transformation challenge in the nutrition misc where I dropped 34 lbs. Focus on macros and calories not foods... table sugar is no more or less fattening than brown rice. If you need more satiation eat more vegetables don't avoid foods that taste great. You will binge more often, you will be unhappy and unsatisfied eating a bland crappy diet and is will not directly help you lose fat in any way.
    I don't suffer at all. My healthy food tastes great. All these ice-creams, pizzas etc is bad food, and it tastes like ****. It is just a habit.

tim8310 is not very well liked. (-100) tim8310 is not very well liked. (-100) tim8310 is not very well liked. (-100) tim8310 is not very well liked. (-100) tim8310 is not very well liked. (-100) tim8310 is not very well liked. (-100) tim8310 is not very well liked. (-100) tim8310 is not very well liked. (-100) tim8310 is not very well liked. (-100) tim8310 is not very well liked. (-100) tim8310 is not very well liked. (-100)
    -You listed caloric intake... what is your caloric expendature?
    I use a program called MyfitnessPal for my mobile. It says that to lose 1 pound a week I need 2700 cal per day. Definitely, I have deficit of calories. I feel that. And as I said I lose muscles and strength but only a little of fat.

LachlanF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LachlanF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LachlanF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LachlanF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LachlanF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LachlanF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LachlanF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LachlanF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LachlanF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LachlanF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LachlanF will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    6'1 170 18 years old and about 15-16% bf

Came down from 222-170 and recently hit a platue, eating around 1700-2000 calories. Should I take a break at maintenance for about a week? I heavy lift 4 times a week. Thanks
    222lb-160lb

Lifts:

DL - 120kg
    Squat - 105kg
    Bench - 72.5kg
    OHP - 52.5kg

JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LachlanF View Post
    6'1 170 18 years old and about 15-16% bf

Came down from 222-170 and recently hit a platue, eating around 1700-2000 calories. Should I take a break at maintenance for about a week? I heavy lift 4 times a week. Thanks
    Watch my video on diet breaks in this thread and follow it to the letter. No your one week at maintenance will most likely not ensure the desired result.

LachlanF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LachlanF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LachlanF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LachlanF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LachlanF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LachlanF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LachlanF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LachlanF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LachlanF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LachlanF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LachlanF will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Watch my video on diet breaks in this thread and follow it to the letter. No your one week at maintenance will most likely not ensure the desired result.
    Cheers, I will watch when I get a chance.
    222lb-160lb

Lifts:

DL - 120kg
    Squat - 105kg
    Bench - 72.5kg
    OHP - 52.5kg

ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey jason,

i am pretty clueless about this stuff so just wanted your thoughts on the matter:

i contracted a stomach infection last sunday and till wednesday i had just been recuperating and been on meds. I have hardly eaten anything since then apart from soup and bread (no apetite at all) Today I am feeling better and eating a little bit. I should be able to hit the gym again tomorrow or during the weekend. Should I expect a loss in strength? My weight plummeted down at least 1kg during the sickness and I hit 0% of my macros due to not eating.

Originally Posted by ivxenz View Post
    hey jason,

i am pretty clueless about this stuff so just wanted your thoughts on the matter:

i contracted a stomach infection last sunday and till wednesday i had just been recuperating and been on meds. I have hardly eaten anything since then apart from soup and bread (no apetite at all) Today I am feeling better and eating a little bit. I should be able to hit the gym again tomorrow or during the weekend. Should I expect a loss in strength? My weight plummeted down at least 1kg during the sickness and I hit 0% of my macros due to not eating.
    1kg is surprisingly little actually. I've seen people drop 5+kg in a week of being sick like that due to fluid loss. I would spend one day refeeding carbs before hitting the gym or you will see a massive loss in strength.

texas281 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Jason can you please help me
    i am 26 , 6ft 237 pounds ( 107 kg) i do cardio daily 15-20 mins

i want to know a how many calories i should be eating to lose weight.
    and can you give me idea how much protein i need daily?
    im tired of people suggesting low low calories.i lower my cals very low and after days of low cals and working out my body recovers slower and eventually i crash.
    just want to do something sustainable.
    Last edited by texas281; 12-12-2012 at 11:30 PM.
    [QUOTE=LeanValentino;894876711]I don't eat baby food, but from time to time I eat a whole baby if it fits my macros...they are a great source of protein and very low in bodyfat.[/QUOTE]

^this

Your video makes a lot of sense, i think its probably for the best i take a break, i been cutting under 2000 cals for about 6-7 months now. Probably the best to take my break up until about new year then back on the diet. Cheers
    222lb-160lb

Lifts:

DL - 120kg
    Squat - 105kg
    Bench - 72.5kg
    OHP - 52.5kg

idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Im not sure if I asked you before (im thinking not) but what is your take on the lean gains fat/carb cycling method regarding fatloss? I know Lyle said he felt it was compelling because its almost an every other day refeed. Obviously one big difference between carb cyclying and leangains is calories consumed during the cycling. Carbs and fats change, but calories dont. Any general thoughts would be appreciated before I ask my specific question.

For example, if you wanted to lose 2lbs a week, at 2700 cals maintenance could you eat 2600 (accounting for some metabolic slowdown) w/ low fat / high carb on training days and off days set a much bigger deficit (like 1400-1500) that is comprised of high fat macros. Could that eliminate a need for diet breaks?

I ask because Im about to do another diet break. I did one back in September but the fatloss is slowing again. with my last 20-25lbs before I can do my first bulk, I want to finish... Its been a year and I want to finish strong and fast (without being a tard about it, obviously).

*on my phone excuse grammar.
    Last edited by idz21; 12-13-2012 at 01:53 PM.

pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000) pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000) pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000) pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000) pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000) pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000) pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000) pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000) pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000) pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000) pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm going to be having a hand surgery soon and won't be able to lift for about a month. Should I continue cutting during this time or will I be risking losing muscle? Any other advice for continuing my goal of fat loss during this time?
    Road to 10% :: Reps on sight for FGC

The 2nd Amendment: When they tell you, you don't need it, that's when you really need it.

They will not be judged by the color of their avi but by the content of their posts.

Originally Posted by idz21 View Post
    Im not sure if I asked you before (im thinking not) but what is your take on the lean gains fat/carb cycling method regarding fatloss? I know Lyle said he felt it was compelling because its almost an every other day refeed. Obviously one big difference between carb cyclying and leangains is calories consumed during the cycling. Carbs and fats change, but calories dont. Any general thoughts would be appreciated before I ask my specific question.

For example, if you wanted to lose 2lbs a week, at 2700 cals maintenance could you eat 2600 (accounting for some metabolic slowdown) w/ low fat / high carb on training days and off days set a much bigger deficit (like 1400-1500) that is comprised of high fat macros. Could that eliminate a need for diet breaks?

I ask because Im about to do another diet break. I did one back in September but the fatloss is slowing again. with my last 20-25lbs before I can do my first bulk, I want to finish... Its been a year and I want to finish strong and fast (without being a tard about it, obviously).

*on my phone excuse grammar.
    I think Martin's approach on this is better for recomposition at around maintenance calories. I cannot see it offering real benefits in a pure deficit over just consuming similar macros daily for most people.

Originally Posted by pMbeast View Post
    I'm going to be having a hand surgery soon and won't be able to lift for about a month. Should I continue cutting during this time or will I be risking losing muscle? Any other advice for continuing my goal of fat loss during this time?
    I would be reluctant to cut if I could not lift due to risk of muscle loss. Find movements that you can do like barbell squats, machine hack squats etc and up the volume and workload on them while you are healing.

idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks JDB. As always, will rep when I can. On spread atm.

also, this isn't exactly fat loss related, but I saw some kid at the gym deadlifting. He stacked two plates on the floor to elevate the bar for his dead lift and get better leverage. I'm kind of a ****ty dead lifter because of how my body is proportioned. Long legs, med. torso, and shorter arms (Elbows above belly button when at my side).

Is adding leverage to a dead lift by elevating the starting point of the bar OK?

Originally Posted by idz21 View Post
    Thanks JDB. As always, will rep when I can. On spread atm.

also, this isn't exactly fat loss related, but I saw some kid at the gym deadlifting. He stacked two plates on the floor to elevate the bar for his dead lift and get better leverage. I'm kind of a ****ty dead lifter because of how my body is proportioned. Long legs, med. torso, and shorter arms (Elbows above belly button when at my side).

Is adding leverage to a dead lift by elevating the starting point of the bar OK?
    He is just simulating a shallow rack pull. The topic of the use of rack pulls who uses them and for what purposes is beyond the scope of this thread.

McGreg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great thread!

I am currently 82.7kg, 179cm tall and around 18-20% bf

I have recently come off a short bulking cycle which I now think was premature, I did get some good gains with only a bit of fat gain but I am now struggling to lose fat, I was clean bulking at 2800 cal and am now trying to cut at 2100 cals per day with around 180g protein, 70g fat and the rest carbs. I lift on a 4 day split with mostly heavy weight low rep stuff at the moment as I fear losing strength whilst cutting, I also do some light cardio most mornings mostly out of habit.

In the past I have dropped bf alright but this time it just seems as though it's not happening, any ideas?

Originally Posted by McGreg View Post
    Great thread!

I am currently 82.7kg, 179cm tall and around 18-20% bf

I have recently come off a short bulking cycle which I now think was premature, I did get some good gains with only a bit of fat gain but I am now struggling to lose fat, I was clean bulking at 2800 cal and am now trying to cut at 2100 cals per day with around 180g protein, 70g fat and the rest carbs. I lift on a 4 day split with mostly heavy weight low rep stuff at the moment as I fear losing strength whilst cutting, I also do some light cardio most mornings mostly out of habit.

In the past I have dropped bf alright but this time it just seems as though it's not happening, any ideas?
    Are you not dropping body weight or are you just not seeing quick fat loss in the mirror? Be specific here. If you are losing a lbs a week while eating that much protein and lifting heavy I can assure you that you are losing body fat. If you are not dropping scale weight recheck your caloric measurements it could be somethign as simple as you are using cooked rice calories for the dry rice you measure before cooking it etc.

McGreg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Are you not dropping body weight or are you just not seeing quick fat loss in the mirror? Be specific here. If you are losing a lbs a week while eating that much protein and lifting heavy I can assure you that you are losing body fat. If you are not dropping scale weight recheck your caloric measurements it could be somethign as simple as you are using cooked rice calories for the dry rice you measure before cooking it etc.
    I was at 84kg and it has taken about 4 weeks to get down to 82.7kg but the last 3 or 4 weeks my measurements haven't really changed which is concerning. I am pretty good at tracking cals etc and I eat pretty similar stuff most days. I have stopped noticing changes in the mirror recently, my trouble spots are the good old love handles and they my stomach, but my stomach is getting smaller to the point where side on I am quite thin but front on I am wide due to the love handles.

Originally Posted by McGreg View Post
    I was at 84kg and it has taken about 4 weeks to get down to 82.7kg but the last 3 or 4 weeks my measurements haven't really changed which is concerning. I am pretty good at tracking cals etc and I eat pretty similar stuff most days. I have stopped noticing changes in the mirror recently, my trouble spots are the good old love handles and they my stomach, but my stomach is getting smaller to the point where side on I am quite thin but front on I am wide due to the love handles.
    You can't control where you lose fat... and you have, just like everyone else, trouble areas where you will lose slower than other areas. Keep cutting and eventually they will lean out. You lost 1.3kg in 3-4 weeks, are on a heavy training program, consuming lots of protein... so clearly it is fat you are losing. I fail to see a problem here other than impatience... which leads people to do something drastic which then leads to muscle loss, slowed metabolism and binges.

Petes0281 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the vids! Good info

Seigard94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Seigard94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Seigard94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Seigard94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Seigard94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Seigard94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Seigard94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Seigard94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Seigard94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Seigard94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Seigard94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am going to watch all the vids and I got a quick question

I am thinking of doing all pro's beginner routine but I got some extra fat, mostly around my waist and legs/hips. If I diet to lose weight and cut on calories would all pro's routine still gain me muscle with the proper intake of protein in my diet? or should I cut first and bulk with all pro after?

I dont know how I can lose the sides really they are annoying me, makes me look terrible in clothes with that huge hips and waist
    I guess something around %20
    People say sides are all genetic and I will have them even if I lose weight but come on that doesnt even make sense, they'll stay even if I go down to body fat of %8-10?

Thanks

UpwardMark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    These are great. Going to have to check them all out later.

phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I fail to see a problem here other than impatience... which leads people to do something drastic which then leads to muscle loss, slowed metabolism and binges.
    Strong this. Great advice Jason and thanks for helping so many people out. Good man!
    Only a life lived for others, is a life worthwhile.

Originally Posted by Seigard94 View Post
    I am going to watch all the vids and I got a quick question

I am thinking of doing all pro's beginner routine but I got some extra fat, mostly around my waist and legs/hips. If I diet to lose weight and cut on calories would all pro's routine still gain me muscle with the proper intake of protein in my diet? or should I cut first and bulk with all pro after?

I dont know how I can lose the sides really they are annoying me, makes me look terrible in clothes with that huge hips and waist
    I guess something around %20
    People say sides are all genetic and I will have them even if I lose weight but come on that doesnt even make sense, they'll stay even if I go down to body fat of %8-10?

Thanks
    Gaining muscle while losing fat depends entirely on 1) how long you have been training & 2) how fast you are willing to go. Noobs find it 10x easier. For me it would be 10x harder to do for example. Also keep in mind non-specificity in dietary intake and attempting to recomp can be a much slower process than bulking then cutting or cutting then bulking to reach a specific size and body composition goal. However if you are that bothered by the fat I would consider just a modest cut with a good program, All Pro's is good, my own program is in the same set of stickies also.

People who don't understand the topic say it is genetics. Keep in mind people also say we are going to have a zombie apocalypse on the 21st. Just because people say a thing does not make it so. We all have problem areas where we lose fat slower. However if one continues to lose fat even the worst genetic disposition towards storing fat in a given area, will not prevent one from eventually losing the fat in that area.

Seigard94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Seigard94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Seigard94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Seigard94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Seigard94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Seigard94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Seigard94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Seigard94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Seigard94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Seigard94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Seigard94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Gaining muscle while losing fat depends entirely on 1) how long you have been training & 2) how fast you are willing to go. Noobs find it 10x easier. For me it would be 10x harder to do for example. Also keep in mind non-specificity in dietary intake and attempting to recomp can be a much slower process than bulking then cutting or cutting then bulking to reach a specific size and body composition goal. However if you are that bothered by the fat I would consider just a modest cut with a good program, All Pro's is good, my own program is in the same set of stickies also.

People who don't understand the topic say it is genetics. Keep in mind people also say we are going to have a zombie apocalypse on the 21st. Just because people say a thing does not make it so. We all have problem areas where we lose fat slower. However if one continues to lose fat even the worst genetic disposition towards storing fat in a given area, will not prevent one from eventually losing the fat in that area.
    I have a 2 years of gym past but I did nothing and gained no mass as I was just hanging around doing random stuff, I started taking this serious for 4 months now, I am pretty determined and I am ready to do anything about this.
    My program is all pro's as I've said
    My diet:
    morning: 3 egg whites, oat with %0 fat milk, tomatoes and cucumbers and a few olives
    pre workout: boiled chicken breast with boiled vegs, a slice of whole wheat bread, a soup probably a vegetable one
    post workout: Turkey meat or tuna fish with fat taken, a slice of bread and boiled vegetables again

I feel like I am doing 2 things that are seperate (all pro's and diet) and even if I am good at them, I might do them for no gain at all
    What do you think?

I have a 2 years of gym past but I did nothing and gained no mass as I was just hanging around doing random stuff, I started taking this serious for 4 months now, I am pretty determined and I am ready to do anything about this.
    My program is all pro's as I've said
    My diet:
    morning: 3 egg whites, oat with %0 fat milk, tomatoes and cucumbers and a few olives
    pre workout: boiled chicken breast with boiled vegs, a slice of whole wheat bread, a soup probably a vegetable one
    post workout: Turkey meat or tuna fish with fat taken, a slice of bread and boiled vegetables again

I feel like I am doing 2 things that are seperate (all pro's and diet) and even if I am good at them, I might do them for no gain at all
    What do you think?
    You listed foods not your numbers. When you eat and what you eat is personal choice, personal energy, personal satiation. It doesn't impact your physique or body composition directly. You need to determine your TDEE (how many calories you burn per day) and set target calories, protein, fat and carbs to reach your goals. It doesn't matter directly what souces of food you use for those and I don't advocate eating the same food day after day. This not only makes diet adherence more difficult... it isn't healthy as this is how nutritional imbalances develop.

wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thank you for answering our questions.

What do you think about PSMF? Specifically Lyle McDonald's 'Rapid Fat Loss' program.

I've done keto since Oct 1st and I've definitely lost fat, but the scale is slow-moving. Any reason why this is? And is there any way I can drop it to reveal a more "true" weight result?

Originally Posted by wings_unhinged View Post
    Thank you for answering our questions.

What do you think about PSMF? Specifically Lyle McDonald's 'Rapid Fat Loss' program.

I've done keto since Oct 1st and I've definitely lost fat, but the scale is slow-moving. Any reason why this is? And is there any way I can drop it to reveal a more "true" weight result?
    Lyle is a mad genius and an abolute nutrition expert. He tells you specifically in the RFL book that you shouldn't do the diet if I recall... and for good reason. It is more a guide of "this is how you can lose body fat very very rapidly for a short period of time but it will come at a price and will cost you fat loss in the near future and a more balaned approached would be wiser for most people." Rapid fat loss comes at a price and I don't recommend it ever for purely vanity reasons. I recommend it is you need to do a transformation challenge with before and after pictures or if you medically have been told you need to lose a lot of fat quickly as your life may depend on it for medical reasons. You will not lose more fat in the long run as a result of these type of methods. Slow steady cutting will always produce better and more lasting results.

You listed foods not your numbers. When you eat and what you eat is personal choice, personal energy, personal satiation. It doesn't impact your physique or body composition directly. You need to determine your TDEE (how many calories you burn per day) and set target calories, protein, fat and carbs to reach your goals. It doesn't matter directly what souces of food you use for those and I don't advocate eating the same food day after day. This not only makes diet adherence more difficult... it isn't healthy as this is how nutritional imbalances develop.
    I have no information about nutrition what do you think I can do to set a diet plan for myself that will make me gain muslce while I am losing fat on my body?
    Where can I learn these stuff and get a fat loss diet to work along with all pro's?

Thanks

I have no information about nutrition what do you think I can do to set a diet plan for myself that will make me gain muslce while I am losing fat on my body?
    Where can I learn these stuff and get a fat loss diet to work along with all pro's?

Thanks
    The stickies in the nutrition subforum contain all the information and several of them are written by people with graduate degrees in nutrition who are also bodybuilders.