Page 9 of 183 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 109 ... LastLast
    Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by 44hunter View Post
    The little lady is scheduled to be her Dec 1. They esimated her close to 7lbs already.
    Nice... Wow that's comin' up quick!

My Wife isn't due until the End of February, but her belly is getting noticeably larger every 4-5-7 days. At the last 2 appointments they said the baby was pretty big for where she is at and the old wives keep predicting she's going to have a giant baby.

Even my Mom remarked that my wife is bigger than she was going into the 3rd and I was born 10 pounds 12 ounces!
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by jimmybimmy View Post
    Dang man, time's flying. At least that seems how it is to me.

Man, I hope I get a chance to hunt or fish when I go home for Thanksgiving.
    Oh God... The first Thanksgiving home from college!

I didn't go to College straight out of HS, didn't have the money for it and didn't have the grades for a full scholarship. But I did have a party house... So when my buddies came back that first time I got my hands on 2 cases of beer and a bottle of Jager. I got them all DESTROYED.

Like dragging themselves across the floor by their hands, soaked in their own vomit and begging for their mother's to come get them, wasted.

For 5-6-7 years there it was a tradition that we would all get together and hangout on the friday and then spend that Saturday trying to remember what happened last night?
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

Originally Posted by VikingFit View Post
    Hi guys - Hope you are enjoying the weekend? Work is driving me nuts some days too - Literally! I work at a state mental hospital and are not many months short of being approved as a psychiatrist. I want to get my own practice. (Not hoping that Iowa pig farmers will hit on me though ...).

- Have some tendinitis in my left shoulder and taking narcotic painkillers - and not getting much sleep. I need to see my physiotherapist monday.

- I have lost 115 pounds total now - down from 307 pounds ... I really look forward to LEAN bulking.

- going fishing Thursday! (Saltwater Sea run brown trout) - really look forward to that :-)
    They're giving you Narcotics for Tendonitis?

I've been through the ringer on Knee and Shoulder injuries and no one gave me the good stuff!

I lost 14 months of upper body training to a series of AC separations and osteolysis, with some scar tissue complications on the back end.

While that sucked, once I was healthy and cleared the come back phase was a lot of fun as that atrophied muscle just piles back on.

We've got the first snow falling right now, and soon my Rocky IV training routine will begin. Already getting an idea of what I want to do now that I live out in the wild.
    6'4"

lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by HairyScandinavian View Post
    I always plan to get into the stand around 3 hours prior to dark anyway, so that sounds like perfect timing. Must be nice to just ask and receive permission to hunt private land, down here it's big $$.
    We got some horns and meat. I had a small 6/7 point come up on me. He was in full ninja mode and I didn't hear him at all. I just suddenly noticed that he was on my 3:00 and I couldn't get turned for a shot without spooking him. He trotted off toward my brother's stand and about 3 minutes later I heard one shot. Kill shot. That was the only deer we saw this weekend.
    Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous. So are cowardice and intelligence.

Registered User HairyScandinavian's Avatar
    HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by lhprop1 View Post
    We got some horns and meat. I had a small 6/7 point come up on me. He was in full ninja mode and I didn't hear him at all. I just suddenly noticed that he was on my 3:00 and I couldn't get turned for a shot without spooking him. He trotted off toward my brother's stand and about 3 minutes later I heard one shot. Kill shot. That was the only deer we saw this weekend.
    Nice.

Nice!

Congrats!
    6'4"

HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Nainoa View Post
    Nice!

Congrats!
    Hey prop, maybe you can teach this guy ^^ a thing or two?

Hey prop, maybe you can teach this guy ^^ a thing or two?
    Yeah I'm still not completely in synch with the land up here, not like I was at the old place or the old wilderness retreat.

It's just staggering that I have a friggin' deer paradise up here while that field was in full... And then next to nothing starting the day after they chopped it.

But even the previous owner said that it's always hit and miss here... One year he only saw 3 deer all year... The year before a herd of 35 lived in the field and forest.
    6'4"

Just pokin' fun noa. I would not be surprised if your bucks are still there and are hunkered down. When is the rut up there? You'll be running all over the fields then.

storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

We've got the first snow falling right now, .
    Wow, we already have had an 8" snow here....in Oct.

Congrats.

We had a great day hunting Sat. Both my wife and I saw plenty of deer. I even saw the bigger buck I was after close enough to shoot (very close), but he did not come out in the open to get a shot. The big deer my wife was after was shot opening morning. We had pics of it between 8:00 & 10:00 the night before.
    My current log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158720023&p=1173746753&posted=1#post1173746753

A step backwards is better than a setback.

If this (insert whatever trivial thing that is upsetting me) is the worst thing to happen today, I'm going to have a great day.

lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    I got home from hunting yesterday, and I looked outside. From my living room, I saw the hugest 8 point buck I've ever seen just walking through my back yard right next to my garden. The base of the antlers were probably the thickness of the handle of a baseball bat and he had shoulders like Bill Kazmaier. I guess that's what happens when you spend your entire life living in the suburbs and never getting shot at.

Stupid deer.

Just pokin' fun noa. I would not be surprised if your bucks are still there and are hunkered down. When is the rut up there? You'll be running all over the fields then.
    According to the local townsfolk, rutt is on right now... When I put out that doe urine the night before opener that big buck came out of the far woods sniffing the air... But once the guns went off the next morning that was pretty much the last deer sign I saw. (Other than something brown running through my woods that same morning)

It's admittedly frustrating that I had so many deer May through August, and then like someone flicked a switch after that field got chopped, I haven't seen more than scarce sign since.

I'm actually thinking about switching over to late goose... I've never even thought of goose hunting, but there are constantly geese flying over head and directly over my stand at the edge of where the forest meets the field.
    6'4"

My pronouns are Bro/Brah Procta's Avatar
    Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by storm1507 View Post
    Wow, we already have had an 8" snow here....in Oct.
    its a nice sunny 79 degrees here today
    China is asshoe !!!

Super Straight HTC Crew, Pureblood Crew & a Jeepbrah (no ducks)

Florida is GOAT

Gen X: Humanity's last hope

Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Was almost 70 on saturday, and the windchill this morning was 4 degrees.....
    The hardest part of a zombie apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited.

in omnia paratus

storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It is 68 right now, but a front is getting here. Should be around 40 by dark thirty.
    My current log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158720023&p=1173746753&posted=1#post1173746753

If this (insert whatever trivial thing that is upsetting me) is the worst thing to happen today, I'm going to have a great day.

VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000)
    They're giving you Narcotics for Tendonitis?

I've been through the ringer on Knee and Shoulder injuries and no one gave me the good stuff!

I lost 14 months of upper body training to a series of AC separations and osteolysis, with some scar tissue complications on the back end.

While that sucked, once I was healthy and cleared the come back phase was a lot of fun as that atrophied muscle just piles back on.

We've got the first snow falling right now, and soon my Rocky IV training routine will begin. Already getting an idea of what I want to do now that I live out in the wild.
    I do take Ibuprofen as an NSAID - but the pain in my shoulder got so bad that I could not sleep, or even put on a t-shirt or shirt - bend down or walk - so I had to bite the dust and had some left over hydrocodone from back pain last months. I had to give myself an injection of local anastethics and a corticosteroids in my shoulder friday - and I am still going to chiropractor for my back pain and a physiotherapist today to get ultrasound therapy for my shoulder. It is hard to get in shape in my age. When I found BB. com. I looked up some articles about - fit over 40 - and one of the videos showed "Senior citizens" swinging some kettlebells - it almost looked like there was not hope for people over 40 ... which is a huge misconception. I may not be a serious bodybuilder - but I want to be as strong and healthy as I can be.

I hope your knee and shoulder have recovered? And do get some "Good pain killers" - I think one of the main reasons men do not get narcotic pain killers - when we actually need one - is that we do not tell how bad the pain is!

Good luck on becoming a father Hunter44! Is it your first child?

According to the local townsfolk, rutt is on right now... When I put out that doe urine the night before opener that big buck came out of the far woods sniffing the air... But once the guns went off the next morning that was pretty much the last deer sign I saw. (Other than something brown running through my woods that same morning)

It's admittedly frustrating that I had so many deer May through August, and then like someone flicked a switch after that field got chopped, I haven't seen more than scarce sign since.

I'm actually thinking about switching over to late goose... I've never even thought of goose hunting, but there are constantly geese flying over head and directly over my stand at the edge of where the forest meets the field.
    If you switch to goose be sure all remnants of bait are gone and check to be sure the proximity of those corn fields is OK with the regs. Migratory birds are federally regulated and no baiting rules are applied universally.

I don't know much about the deer movements up there and from what I understand they do herd more than they do down here, but down here those bucks will not move out of the area due to pressure they will simply go 100% nocturnal and hunker down without moving much. I had an 8 point many years ago that wasn't quite big enough to pop. He lived about 50 yards from my tripod and I know damn well he always heard me come in and out. After things would quiet down I'd watch him stand up and move through the brush, maybe 80 yards over and he would just mosey about there for an hour or so and make his way back "home" 50 yards from me and lay back down. He'd do this a few times a day for the whole season. I never saw him run when we'd drive in or walk around and fill up feeders and such.

powerlifter with abs jimmybimmy's Avatar
    jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Oh God... The first Thanksgiving home from college!

I didn't go to College straight out of HS, didn't have the money for it and didn't have the grades for a full scholarship. But I did have a party house... So when my buddies came back that first time I got my hands on 2 cases of beer and a bottle of Jager. I got them all DESTROYED.

Like dragging themselves across the floor by their hands, soaked in their own vomit and begging for their mother's to come get them, wasted.

For 5-6-7 years there it was a tradition that we would all get together and hangout on the friday and then spend that Saturday trying to remember what happened last night?
    Oh, I know I'm going to be in for it. I'm pretty sure when I get to Nashville my brother will have something planned for me.

Congrats man! I haven't seen a deer in, 3 and half months!

I do take Ibuprofen as an NSAID - but the pain in my shoulder got so bad that I could not sleep, or even put on a t-shirt or shirt - bend down or walk - so I had to bite the dust and had some left over hydrocodone from back pain last months. I had to give myself an injection of local anastethics and a corticosteroids in my shoulder friday - and I am still going to chiropractor for my back pain and a physiotherapist today to get ultrasound therapy for my shoulder. It is hard to get in shape in my age. When I found BB. com. I looked up some articles about - fit over 40 - and one of the videos showed "Senior citizens" swinging some kettlebells - it almost looked like there was not hope for people over 40 ... which is a huge misconception. I may not be a serious bodybuilder - but I want to be as strong and healthy as I can be.

I hope your knee and shoulder have recovered? And do get some "Good pain killers" - I think one of the main reasons men do not get narcotic pain killers - when we actually need one - is that we do not tell how bad the pain is!

Good luck on becoming a father Hunter44! Is it your first child?
    Yeah 44 is my test monkey on Fatherhood, as his little girl is due 3-4 months before my little girl is... So every time he comes on and says "Who knew a baby could poop up it's own back... I'll know to run out and get some back wipes... Or whatever.

As for the knee and shoulder... Both have recovered above and beyond what they were ever supposed to be.

The knee was 2.5 years for a total recovery...

That was rough for me, they told me that 90% of people who suffer that kind of injury and complications never get completely back and end up learning to live with compromised strength and mobility. My lower body became so atrophied that if I was on the ground I had to grab ahold of something to pull myself up.

Then one night and I tripped and fell in the empty part of a WalMart parking lot and a white haired old man had to come help me up.

I went into my Doc and straight up grabbed him by the lapels and said "I can't live like this."

He helped me find a sports PT and I went to work trying to make that 10% chance.
    I went home that night and there was a Rocky Marathon on TV.... Got myself super motivated.

What followed was one of the hardest and most personal growth filled experiences in my life.

Started out with a bunch of old men in short white shorts and black socks trying to do deep knee bends with a broomstick as a challenging weight!

Worked my way up to being able to squat light weight...

I remember I cried like a friggin' sissy the time I spilled 70 pounds... Found redemption the first time I did 100 X 1

A threw a huge celebration party after I got up to 165 for 3 Sets of 10.

Ultimately I worked my way up to 340 for my 20 rep program...

Afterwards I went back to the Sports PT as sort of an exit interview/update... And she told me, it's not that 90% of people physically can't come back from my level of complications... Really it's more like 40%-50% that are physically limitied... The reason that 90% don't finish the program is because it's so hard and they find a level they are comfortable with and just give up along the way.

From that experience to where I am now I have been through some catastrophic failures in my life and career, especially when the recession took two and half giant bites out of my ass.

I just keep going the distance regardless of the odds and often in the face of people telling me I'm stupid and should just fall back and play it safe.

The secret to my success is that I can a massive beating and I get back up again with full faith in myself and my ability to take it to the next level.

If I ever write an autobiography it will be titled "Failing upward" or something to that effect!

The shoulder...

I straight up dropped 285 on myself, while trying to watch football and bench pressing.

Luckily I caught it high enough that it didn't hit my neck, but it caved my right AC joint. (Grade 3 Separation)

I tried to rush myself back and TWICE I caused complications Tore it again (Grade 1) and then (Grade 2) By the time I got it through my head to give my body the time it needed to heal I developed Osteolysis... (Weight lifters shoulder) Basically it's an acute form of Osteo arthritis from all the inflamation in the joint.

Had to get deep joint injections of cortisone... Which hurts so friggin' bad I saw stars, passed out and crumpled up a 105 pound nurse like an aluminum chair at a weight watchers meeting!

I've rebuild the joint stabil and strong and only recently went back to bench pressing, just on the whim of seeing if I can get to 300 by the time the baby is born.

Basically the knee was a lesson in peristence... The shoulder was a lesson in patience.
    6'4"

If you switch to goose be sure all remnants of bait are gone and check to be sure the proximity of those corn fields is OK with the regs. Migratory birds are federally regulated and no baiting rules are applied universally.

I don't know much about the deer movements up there and from what I understand they do herd more than they do down here, but down here those bucks will not move out of the area due to pressure they will simply go 100% nocturnal and hunker down without moving much. I had an 8 point many years ago that wasn't quite big enough to pop. He lived about 50 yards from my tripod and I know damn well he always heard me come in and out. After things would quiet down I'd watch him stand up and move through the brush, maybe 80 yards over and he would just mosey about there for an hour or so and make his way back "home" 50 yards from me and lay back down. He'd do this a few times a day for the whole season. I never saw him run when we'd drive in or walk around and fill up feeders and such.
    When it comes to how they behave above the valley I'm not sure... Above the valley is pretty much all open fields with just windrows of trees here and there.

In the River Valley where I am... There was a lot of gun fire south on opener, but not a single shot to the north.

Then the Sunday and Monday after opener I only heard like 1-2 shots from the south, everything else was from the north or down on the river itself. So I get the feeling they moved right past me along the water's edge moving up valley... Where they went from there I have no clue.

Ah well... I'll just turn these two pork shoulders into breakfast sausage and get ready for Ice Up!
    6'4"

Around here, you can hunt chopped stalks with ears laying in the field. Perfectly legal. As long as none was put out intentionally as bait, you're fine. We've got too many honkers the way it is. They need blastin.

As for the deer situation up here. Rut was on last weekend for sure. I had a doe stop 5 yards from my stand and the only reason I didn't pop her was because I could hear a buck grunting, hot on her tail. He was only a 5 point, though, so he wasn't legal to shoot in the zone I was in. Everyone who saw bucks on said they were only the smaller ones who were on the prowl. The big ones were hunkered down with their harems waiting until they were ripe. I did see a few groups of multiple does together, so I'm assuming their buck was just chilling in the thick stuff or he got popped and they were searching for another suitable stud.

As for this weekend, we only saw that one little buck and with 30-40 mph winds, you couldn't tell if he was keying on the doe piss or not. Our deer was the only one we saw at the registration station when we took it in and we also only heard a few other shots the whole weekend.

Around here, you can hunt chopped stalks with ears laying in the field. Perfectly legal. As long as none was put out intentionally as bait, you're fine. We've got too many honkers the way it is. They need blastin.

As for the deer situation up here. Rut was on last weekend for sure. I had a doe stop 5 yards from my stand and the only reason I didn't pop her was because I could hear a buck grunting, hot on her tail. He was only a 5 point, though, so he wasn't legal to shoot in the zone I was in. Everyone who saw bucks on said they were only the smaller ones who were on the prowl. The big ones were hunkered down with their harems waiting until they were ripe. I did see a few groups of multiple does together, so I'm assuming their buck was just chilling in the thick stuff or he got popped and they were searching for another suitable stud.

As for this weekend, we only saw that one little buck and with 30-40 mph winds, you couldn't tell if he was keying on the doe piss or not. Our deer was the only one we saw at the registration station when we took it in and we also only heard a few other shots the whole weekend.

Where I am I think the biggest thing is that they're settling into the field or they're going to the river... Both bring them over my head.

In the Spring they straight up fly from the river to the field every single night at sunset... It's quite a sight to have just like 300 birds fly over head just below the tree tops and fill up the field.
    6'4"

Where I am I think the biggest thing is that they're settling into the field or they're going to the river... Both bring them over my head.

In the Spring they straight up fly from the river to the field every single night at sunset... It's quite a sight to have just like 300 birds fly over head just below the tree tops and fill up the field.
    You haven't lived until a flock of Snows decide to land in your spread. Pic:

You haven't lived until a flock of Snows decide to land in your spread. Pic:
    Wow... If Fitty was here he'd orgasm!
    6'4"

VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000)
    Now that is a huge flock of geese Hairy!!

Interesting to read about your lifting Nanoia! I have never been into powerlifting only lifting for vanity and have never been able to lift much ... you could have been killed dropping that bar! What were you thinking!

It is great to be in better shape again - and I will do what I can not to become morbidly obese again. I was so out of shape - and was sweating like crazy - carrying all that weight around. I even began not looking forward to going fishing and hunting since I was so out of shape ...

Now that is a huge flock of geese Hairy!!

Interesting to read about your lifting Nanoia! I have never been into powerlifting only lifting for vanity and have never been able to lift much ... you could have been killed dropping that bar! What were you thinking!

It is great to be in better shape again - and I will do what I can not to become morbidly obese again. I was so out of shape - and was sweating like crazy - carrying all that weight around. I even began not looking forward to going fishing and hunting since I was so out of shape ...
    Well with the whole dropping the bar thing... That was in the days when I had a pretty crappy bench... It had these big fat flat forks on the front. It was New Years Eve and there was a big game on TV, I was trying to rush in a lift before heading off to my family thing.

Big game was on... And one of our star players scored a big touch down and fake mooned the fans on the opposing team.

I went to quick set the bar back on the clamps, and sit up to look... But I actually set it on the flat top and it rolled back... Luckily my hands had probably only moved 12-14 inches and it wasn't just a straight free fall.

Ironically for Christmas that year my new bench was already on order!

These days I have no interest in getting any bigger than I already am... Most of the shirts I own in order for the shoulders to fit the body of the shirt wears like a friggin' tent.

I could stand to drop 10-15 around the mid section now before it becomes 20-25 by the time I get into my 40's.

In the winter time I train pretty hard and do a lot of outdoor exercises that mimic the training scenes in Rocky IV.

One of my favorite workouts is to split 10 logs of hardwood, then load 100 pounds of wood into my gear sled and drag for 2 miles. (Which is pretty much what early season ice fishing is as well.

For me though it's all about functional strength and endurance in the winter so I can go into full on war donkey mode come spring.

You live in the Northern Lattitudes as well... So you know how it is, in Spring and Summer when you just go and go and go and go...

Adding a new baby into that equation this year is going to be a whole new level of challenge for me!
    6'4"

It's already down to 48 here. I hope the rain/wind quits before morning.

Here is a short vid I took while in the stand Sat. The little 4 pt bedded within 5 yards of my stand later in the afternoon. So close I could hear him breathing.

My current log

Here is the big 10 we have watched for a couple of years.

My current log

iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    First post in the new thread!

Sorry everyone, I went MIA for a bit, but all for good reasons.

Quick updates:
    Bought a house (in the closing period right now, won't be in til December)
    I've been seeing a girl here since I got here (were taking it super, extremely slow and without sounding crazy, she's the one)
    Have been doing lots of traveling since I got here: Lubbock, Amarillo, albaquque, Santa Fe... Etc
    Also I have been laying down an extreme workout routine/found my diet. Results are flowing in like crazy.

Things are falling into place better than I could have ever imagined!

How is everyone else doing? Have I missed anything!?
    ★cVc★

"Hes the reason for the tear drops on my barbell" -jordansrt

Am I the only one uncomfortable looking at VikingFit's avatar? That's mighty close to a weiner shot.