Page 83 of 183 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 133 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,490 of 5464
    lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    I just bottled 6 gallons of wine last night. By the time ice fishing rolls around, all of my "Crappie Flop Tart" should be ready to rock.

Only 175 days until ice fishing! http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...ing+2013&csz=1
    Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous. So are cowardice and intelligence.

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by lhprop1 View Post
    Get your ice fishing gear ready.
    I met a guy at the gas pumps yesterday who was from North of Pelican Rapids... He said for opener they just took a rubber dingy out to a solid chunk of ice sheet and started popping holes!
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

My pronouns are Bro/Brah Procta's Avatar
    Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz
    ice fishing talk already?

so we are getting hit pretty hard by this tropical storm....as soon as it passes I will be on the water...fish will be in a feeding frenzy
    China is asshoe !!!

Super Straight HTC Crew, Pureblood Crew & a Jeepbrah (no ducks)

Florida is GOAT

Gen X: Humanity's last hope

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    So I'm like t-minus 6 hours from leaving on this trip, and I'm more tired now than I am on an average baby-day morning when she gets me up at 5:30.

The dumbasses up at camp decided to drunk text and call my phone all night with updates about how wasted they were and what was happening in the VIDEO GAME they were playing. And how I'll be sleeping on the couch this year because one of them claimed dibs on my normal bunk room.

WTF?

I go through all this stuff to leave my family for 3-4 days, and they want to run me out of sleep before I even get there. Then they bring up friggin' video games to a wilderness retreat.

Every year this trip gets harder and harder for me to take and harder and harder for me to justify, since the "Last remaining bachelors" don't want to fish or hike, they just want to sit around a fire, get drunk and do some gaming.

Hell I can do that and stay at home, sleep in my own bed... And my woods is borderline prettier!

I hate to say it, but this might be my last wilderness retreat...

Trying not to start this trip on the wrong foot!

/Rant
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz
    you should start have started texting them when you woke up since they would still be sleeping and probably have a headache #revenge
    China is asshoe !!!

Florida is GOAT

Originally Posted by Procta View Post
    you should start have started texting them when you woke up since they would still be sleeping and probably have a headache #revenge
    I thought about that... They texted me at 9 am this morning though.

The two worst ones tend to sleep from 9-10 am to 5-6 PM for their regular jobs... So I'm sending one of the other guys ahead of me instead of carpooling and he's going to get there at noon to chew their asses out and play a gong on the frying pans!
    6'4"

lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Nainoa View Post
    I met a guy at the gas pumps yesterday who was from North of Pelican Rapids... He said for opener they just took a rubber dingy out to a solid chunk of ice sheet and started popping holes!
    You just used "rubber", "dingy", and "popping holes" in the same sentence.

You just used "rubber", "dingy", and "popping holes" in the same sentence.
    Hold on... Let me get this straight...

You find these words risque... But 2 weeks ago when I said "I'd rather get an unnecessary prostate exam from a fat fingered clown with liquor on his breath, than do that again."

You were alright with that one?

6'4"

alright we are under a flash flood warning until 7pm
    China is asshoe !!!

Florida is GOAT

Hold on... Let me get this straight...

You find these words risque... But 2 weeks ago when I said "I'd rather get an unnecessary prostate exam from a fat fingered clown with liquor on his breath, than do that again."

You were alright with that one?

See: Rule 34.

No homo.

44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Felt great to finally get out and relieve some stress. Water was still chilly for my taste but I managed this and a couple smaller.

The trophy
    "I believe that life isn't worth living if not lived passionately." - Nainoa

"Anything you put into your subconscious mind can become reality" - Mike Rashid

GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    alright we are under a flash flood warning until 7pm
    Until 2000 hours here tonight. 6" of rain so far and another 1.5 on the way. 3 swift water rescues so far, I know when the dark comes so will the retardation that is the human animal.

Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sometimes you just need to let nature take it's course and let the retardation fix itself.
    The hardest part of a zombie apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited.

in omnia paratus

GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Hartski View Post
    Sometimes you just need to let nature take it's course and let the retardation fix itself.
    If there weren't kids involved, I'd say you're 99% right.

JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by 44hunter View Post
    Felt great to finally get out and relieve some stress. Water was still chilly for my taste but I managed this and a couple smaller.

The trophy
    Nice Flathead. Cant noodle but I can rod and reel. Spawning here also so the bite is slow, I got this Blue a couple of weeks ago, fun fight. Been raining here so much that its hard to get out......looks like Thursday might be cat night.

Sorry, my pics keep turning back sideways , errrrrr.
    Attached Images

Well the wilderness retreat turned out better than I thought. Those bastards still didn't let me catch up on sleep, so I left the last night to catch up on sack time before my wife got back with the extra fussy baby.

How did everyone else's weekend go?
    6'4"

How did everyone else's weekend go?
    F'ing exhausting.

Friday:
    Shoveled 2 yards of dirt into my truck that was sitting in my driveway and then unloaded it, one shovelful at a time. Then I trained as soon as I finished.

Saturday:
    Spread 8 yards of mulch and then fished in a catfish tournament. The day started at 8:30 and didn't end until 3:00am on Sunday.

Sunday:
    Sleep and drink.

44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by JimmyJonny View Post
    Nice Flathead. Cant noodle but I can rod and reel. Spawning here also so the bite is slow, I got this Blue a couple of weeks ago, fun fight. Been raining here so much that its hard to get out......looks like Thursday might be cat night.

Sorry, my pics keep turning back sideways , errrrrr.
    Nice blue! Did you put it on a scale? Ive never been worth a damn at catching big cats on a rod.
    F'ing exhausting.

Friday:
    Shoveled 2 yards of dirt into my truck that was sitting in my driveway and then unloaded it, one shovelful at a time. Then I trained as soon as I finished.

Saturday:
    Spread 8 yards of mulch and then fished in a catfish tournament. The day started at 8:30 and didn't end until 3:00am on Sunday.

Sunday:
    Sleep and drink.
    Sleep, drink, and fish? You need any help up there brother?

F'ing exhausting.

Friday:

Saturday:

Sunday:
    Sleep and drink.
    I would have skipped the training... Shoveling 10 cubic yards of anything counts as a full workout in my book!

I came back a half day early to be well rested for when my wife came back with my daughter. (Mother in law took them to a family thing in Southern Wisconsin)

I left them happy and cooing on thursday. MIL returned them to me late saturday night. Since then the baby has been non-stop blood curdling screams with an hour nap here and there and my wife has been fresh boiled EVIL!
    6'4"

I would have skipped the training... Shoveling 10 cubic yards of anything counts as a full workout in my book!
    I have a contest in less than 2 weeks. Skipping a training day is not an option.

I have a contest in less than 2 weeks. Skipping a training day is not an option.
    Strongman needs a dirt and gravel shoveling event!

I think the Basque have a something like that?
    6'4"

10" of rain in 3 days has just about destroyed the fields, might be chalking this growing season up to a loss.

Originally Posted by GREENFEATHER View Post
    10" of rain in 3 days has just about destroyed the fields, might be chalking this growing season up to a loss.
    Yeah a lot of the farmers here have been saying the same thing, but we've caught a couple of breaks at the right time and I see some corn coming up in the fields.

For my garden the cold rainy spring and summer has been a mixed blessing.

I went heavier on the cold weather crops like potatoes, cabbage, onions and beets... And they've been doing really well. The Peppers are weak, but producing peppers, just because I put them in very mature.

The tomatoes I thought would be scrappy without the heat and sun to help them... But at the same time there hasn't been any frost incidents... and they've actually got really THICK stalks, which is really helping them pull water and nutrients from the 2 gallons of black dirt I planted them in and pull it up to the foliage.

If we get a modestly warm July and August and not a snap frost in early September it may yet turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

The Basil...

Is screwed.
    6'4"

Ummph...

Baby was up at 5:30 yesterday... And 4:30 today.

Mother in Law is watching the baby, so I can work, but I feel like I should just take a nap.

In funnier news... Took the baby out to the garden yesterday and let her smell the herbs. My wife refuses to let her eat any food other than breast milk... But I'm just trying to introduce the baby to "Smells."

We got to the big rosemary bush (I over winter each year) She took one sniff, reached out and grabbed a branch and tried pulling it to her mouth!
    :eel:

I pulled her back before she got in there... But then had to clean her hands 3 times to get the rosemary smell off... I'm guessing my wife would take up arms against a rosemary scented baby!
    6'4"

Nainoa is this you on the way to the rosemarry bush?

China is asshoe !!!

Florida is GOAT

Nainoa is this you on the way to the rosemarry bush?

No... But I'm sure it will be me someday.

Actually she hasn't "Gotten" me yet. She's peed, poop, puked and spit up on my wife. So far though I'm dodging baby bodily fluids like they were bullets in the Matrix!

I tried taking her out in the baby Bjorn (Carrying thing) but once you got both of us in there I was afraid if we both took a deep breath at the same time she's pop like a ketchup packet. I mean I've had straight jackets that were easier to get out of than that Bjorn thing.

Maybe I'm just doing it wrong?
    6'4"

No... But I'm sure it will be me someday.

Actually she hasn't "Gotten" me yet. She's peed, poop, puked and spit up on my wife. So far though I'm dodging baby bodily fluids like they were bullets in the Matrix!

I tried taking her out in the baby Bjorn (Carrying thing) but once you got both of us in there I was afraid if we both took a deep breath at the same time she's pop like a ketchup packet. I mean I've had straight jackets that were easier to get out of than that Bjorn thing.

Maybe I'm just doing it wrong?
    Lol you use that thing?

Mine is at the stage where she wants to grab and be able to move and do. I doubt she'd like being confined in that ting, and I doubt Id like to be seen wearing one. How old is she now Nain?

Originally Posted by 44hunter View Post
    Lol you use that thing?

Mine is at the stage where she wants to grab and be able to move and do. I doubt she'd like being confined in that ting, and I doubt Id like to be seen wearing one. How old is she now Nain?
    That was my first time trying to use it. My wife swears by it so I thought I'd give it a shot.

No dice really.

As of yesterday Eva was 16 weeks.

Right now she's sort of "Scoot-Crawling" But she actually seems to prefer standing while holding my fingers and trying to balance herself.

Hard to believe that 4 months ago she was still in the hospital just 1 day old! Seems like it's been forever!
    6'4"

|ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

As of yesterday Eva was 16 weeks.

Right now she's sort of "Scoot-Crawling" But she actually seems to prefer standing while holding my fingers and trying to balance herself.

Hard to believe that 4 months ago she was still in the hospital just 1 day old! Seems like it's been forever!
    Dat feel. Coming soon to me.
    It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. - Bill Murray

Mods - my avatar is locked by the admin and can't be changed.

Yeah a lot of the farmers here have been saying the same thing, but we've caught a couple of breaks at the right time and I see some corn coming up in the fields.

For my garden the cold rainy spring and summer has been a mixed blessing.

I went heavier on the cold weather crops like potatoes, cabbage, onions and beets... And they've been doing really well. The Peppers are weak, but producing peppers, just because I put them in very mature.

The tomatoes I thought would be scrappy without the heat and sun to help them... But at the same time there hasn't been any frost incidents... and they've actually got really THICK stalks, which is really helping them pull water and nutrients from the 2 gallons of black dirt I planted them in and pull it up to the foliage.

If we get a modestly warm July and August and not a snap frost in early September it may yet turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

The Basil...

Is screwed.
    I don't think you quite understand, my fields are gone, like into the river on the farm gone. I went down and salvaged about 100 tomato plants, the other 450 are MIA, 50 stood it well.