Mheinrichs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Do these exercises put pressure on the knees?

I have a condition with my knees and blah blah long story short I have to do physical therapy so that means no leg workouts for me for a while now :'(.
    Anyway I was wondering if the following exercises (and similar ones) put much pressure on the knees:

Barbell bent over row
    Standing military press
    etc

So pretty much any exercises using barbells/dumbbells where you'll be standing and either pressing or lifting the weight.

Do these put any strain on the knees at all?

Also, do standing calf raises put strain on the knees at all?

I'm thinking yes but I just want to make sure.

rkalsow will become famous soon enough. (+50) rkalsow will become famous soon enough. (+50) rkalsow will become famous soon enough. (+50) rkalsow will become famous soon enough. (+50) rkalsow will become famous soon enough. (+50) rkalsow will become famous soon enough. (+50) rkalsow will become famous soon enough. (+50) rkalsow will become famous soon enough. (+50) rkalsow will become famous soon enough. (+50) rkalsow will become famous soon enough. (+50) rkalsow will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You legs are the support for your whole body. So most likely yes. To what extent I'm not sure. Ofcourse it would be no where near the pressure that heavy squats, legg presses, or deadlifts put on them.
    “You, me or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! Now if you know what you’re worth than go out and get what you’re worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers sayin’, you ain’t where you wanna be because of him or her or anybody!"
    -Rocky Balboa

Mheinrichs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by rkalsow View Post
    You legs are the support for your whole body. So most likely yes. To what extent I'm not sure. Ofcourse it would be no where near the pressure that heavy squats, legg presses, or deadlifts put on them.
    Just wanted to double check. I know they would put some pressure on the knees, I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't enough pressure to cause injury.

Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Mheinrichs View Post
    Just wanted to double check. I know they would put some pressure on the knees, I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't enough pressure to cause injury.

so, you make a thread, tells us absolutely nothing about the injury you have, the degree of severity and ask if X exercise might put too much pressure on the knee.

If you don't see the flawed logic in your question, you need to really talk to your physiotherapist
    "Do not subordinate fundamental principles to minor details."

Physiotherapy instagram
    https://www.instagram.com/dayyan.physio/

blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Mheinrichs View Post
    Just standing up is going to put pressure on the knees.

As to how much yours can take, that's between you and the Dr.

bakers3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bakers3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bakers3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bakers3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bakers3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bakers3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bakers3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bakers3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bakers3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bakers3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bakers3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    A slight bend in the knees will help take some pressure off.

Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by bakers3 View Post
    A slight bend in the knees will help take some pressure off.
    ???

Ask your doctor. IMO, if there is no pain, there is no problem.
    ☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆

OW log :
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149575693&p=977696913#post977696913

Competition lift : 212 kg total (95/117) @ 77 kg