xxarea83xx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Supplement Stack Question

Been training for 10 months now after a 28 year life of laziness. I'm now in the best shape of my life and very happy about it. However, I want to be sure I'm using the right stack. My diet/nutrition is well in check and my weight routine is working well. Wondering if a few supplements may help further my goals of more lean muscle mass and a 6-pack by May 2013. Let me know what you think of my current stack and let me know if I should add/drop anything.

Bodytype: Endomorph, slight lean to Mesomorph
    Hard Gainer
    Current Body Fat %: +/-15%
    Weight: 165lbs (+/-74kg)
    Height: 5'9" (+/-175cm)

ON Gold Standard Whey (one scoop with breakfast and one scoop post workout)
    ON Gold Standard Casein (one scoop at bed time)
    Multi-vitamin
    Green tea extract (two pills twice a day)
    Fish Oil (1 - 1200mg pill after breakfast)
    MusclePharm Assault Pre-workout (1/2 scoop +/-30min. prior to weight training)

P.S. I'm cutting at the moment. Been thinking about Creatine, but I've been told its useless when cutting. Fact or fiction?
    Also, I drink water during weight training. What would be the best supplement to use DURING training (if any, other than water)?
    Gotta Want It!!!

ebunch12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ebunch12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ebunch12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ebunch12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ebunch12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ebunch12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ebunch12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ebunch12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ebunch12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ebunch12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ebunch12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by xxarea83xx View Post
    P.S. I'm cutting at the moment. Been thinking about Creatine, but I've been told its useless when cutting. Fact or fiction?
    Also, I drink water during weight training. What would be the best supplement to use DURING training (if any, other than water)?
    No, creatine is not useless when cutting.. I would drop the casein and get creatine if I was you. Spend the extra bucks on food. I use Scivation Xtend intra-workout, only because I got it super cheap for 90 servings. It is not necessary but not bad to have during a cut
    Last edited by ebunch12; 10-12-2012 at 08:54 AM.
    Iron Hyde Apparel
    @IronHyde_Apparel
    www.ironhydeapparel.com
    10% off for forum members. PM me for code

"The best activities for your health are pumping and humping."

neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What makes you think you're an endomorph?

Fish Oil should be 2g+ epa/eha, which your 1 pill will not offer. Look at SAN 3x Fish Oil & CL Oximega.

If you want a good intra workout, get CL Purple Wraath or iForce Compete, or Genomyx Protocol v2 (my favorite of the 3). Drink it 10 minutes before lifting your first weight. Intra workouts aren't "necessary" in that you don't need to drink the supplement at that given moment or the anabolic window is missed (similar to not needing a post workout shake within 30 minutes of lifting, unless you prefer one). The aminos (and leucine, in the latter example) will circulate for 2 hours post ingestion.

Your diet will be the end-all for said 6-pack. Everybody shows at different bf%. I'm ~11% and hardly show, some show at 14%+.

rugrat5288 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rugrat5288 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rugrat5288 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rugrat5288 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rugrat5288 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rugrat5288 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rugrat5288 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rugrat5288 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rugrat5288 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rugrat5288 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rugrat5288 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If your a hardgainer and haven't gained the mass you would like then i wouldn't even bother doing a cut now if your goal is more mass by may. just work at a lean bulk and find the spot you need to be at to put on size. use creatine. don't need casein whey is cheaper. Look into a product called Aftermax by Optimum for post workout for extra lean bulking help . has your creatine included also.or better yet make your own shakes with greek yogurt, milk, fruit and oats. Eat big and do the heavy exercises. leave the toning for when you are cutting. I like using bulletproof before bed for a good sound muscle building sleep.

Originally Posted by neddo View Post
    What makes you think you're an endomorph?
    The way my body is/was shaped as well as my metabolism. It took A LOT of discipline with diet/nutrition to get to where I am now. Believe me, I know that six-packs are made in the kitchen. Thats the easy part. This post is more about what I can use to help build the muscle I want and keep burning fat.

I appreciate the input.

Originally Posted by rugrat5288 View Post
    If your a hardgainer and haven't gained the mass you would like then i wouldn't even bother doing a cut now if your goal is more mass by may. just work at a lean bulk and find the spot you need to be at to put on size. use creatine. don't need casein whey is cheaper. Look into a product called Aftermax by Optimum for post workout for extra lean bulking help . has your creatine included also.or better yet make your own shakes with greek yogurt, milk, fruit and oats. Eat big and do the heavy exercises. leave the toning for when you are cutting. I like using bulletproof before bed for a good sound muscle building sleep.
    Thanks. Very helpful!
    Gotta Want It!!!

jonny1993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys I'm thinking of buying this muscle stack from this site

-Optimum platinum hydro whey
    -BCAA caps
    -optimum gold standard 100% casein
    -BSN N.O Xplode 2.0
    -scivation xtend
    -promera sports con-cret
    -universal animal pak
    -optimum fish oil sofgels

As someone that's only really used protein powders and pre workouts and creatine now and again. Do you think I will see a huge or any significant improvement in my body or workouts??

Is this stack worth the money???

allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by neddo View Post

Fish Oil should be 2g+ epa/eha, which your 1 pill will not offer. Look at SAN 3x Fish Oil & CL Oximega.
    This. Don't skimp on the quality of your fish oil, or your multi. Those ^^^ are my 2 faves for fish oil. For quality multis check out SAN Dr Feel Good, CL Orange Triad, or Life Force multiple. iForce has a new multi out as well, I have yet to try it but it looks promising.

DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by jonny1993 View Post
    Hey guys I'm thinking of buying this muscle stack from this site

-Optimum platinum hydro whey
    -BCAA caps
    -optimum gold standard 100% casein
    -BSN N.O Xplode 2.0
    -scivation xtend
    -promera sports con-cret
    -universal animal pak
    -optimum fish oil sofgels

As someone that's only really used protein powders and pre workouts and creatine now and again. Do you think I will see a huge or any significant improvement in my body or workouts??

Is this stack worth the money???
    Gains will depend mostly on your overall/diet training, it will be best if you research and make your own stack, IE BCAA caps servings tends to be low dosed and if using Xtend you'd get minimal benefit from caps, personally i'd only use 2-3 things from that. Stick to the basic supps. then as you progress add new things to assess efficacy.

OK. Just purchased a Creatine Monohydrate since a bulk seems to be in order. As far as the inevitable water-weight gain, will I be seeing that gain all over my body or will that be a lot in my stomach region only? wondering now if i should prep for some added morning cardio just in case (even though I'm sure I should avoid cardio during bulking months)
    Gotta Want It!!!

jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    dude the whole water weight thing is over rated..it took me years of dieting cutting and bulking,learning my diet that while i thought creatine was bloating me it wasnt..it was as simple as the carbs were bloating me...so after lesson learned,my diet has changed.Higher fats,moderate carbs( though i have many days where i carb up disgustingly =) )....no more bloat.

Originally Posted by jay8899 View Post
    dude the whole water weight thing is over rated..it took me years of dieting cutting and bulking,learning my diet that while i thought creatine was bloating me it wasnt..it was as simple as the carbs were bloating me...so after lesson learned,my diet has changed.Higher fats,moderate carbs( though i have many days where i carb up disgustingly =) )....no more bloat.
    Great info. I'm on a semi-paleo diet at the moment that is relatively low in carbs anyway. Sounds like a few tweaks to it will help, according to your info. Thank you!!
    Gotta Want It!!!

jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by xxarea83xx View Post
    Great info. I'm on a semi-paleo diet at the moment that is relatively low in carbs anyway. Sounds like a few tweaks to it will help, according to your info. Thank you!!
    Your welcome bud!!!!

carbs by far are not evil man! always know that...

best of luck.