Closed Thread
    coveryisadick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) coveryisadick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) coveryisadick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) coveryisadick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) coveryisadick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) coveryisadick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) coveryisadick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) coveryisadick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) coveryisadick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

benefits of dumbell pushups vs. standard pushups ?

any real difference between doing standard hand on the floor push ups and doing dumbell pushups ? just tried them for the first time today. they are a nice change up. anything specific ways that they are better than standard ? do they work any parts of the body more ?

Stinks is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stinks is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stinks is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stinks is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stinks is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stinks is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stinks is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stinks is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stinks is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stinks is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stinks is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You have to go heavy to notice any real gains.

TLe041 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TLe041 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TLe041 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TLe041 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TLe041 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TLe041 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TLe041 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TLe041 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TLe041 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TLe041 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TLe041 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The dumbells let you go down slightly deeper and is a little easier on your wrists.

nptifitness is not very well liked. (-100) nptifitness is not very well liked. (-100) nptifitness is not very well liked. (-100) nptifitness is not very well liked. (-100) nptifitness is not very well liked. (-100) nptifitness is not very well liked. (-100) nptifitness is not very well liked. (-100) nptifitness is not very well liked. (-100) nptifitness is not very well liked. (-100) nptifitness is not very well liked. (-100) nptifitness is not very well liked. (-100)
    he dumbbell press is executed using two dumbbells and a weight bench. You can substitute an exercise ball or aerobic step for the weight bench. You can also use a barbell instead of two dumbbells if you don't have the necessary equipment
    Push-ups are performed using your body weight and can be done in a variety of ways to decrease or increase the workload. A standard push-up is done on your feet and hands with your back in a straight line.
    NPTI Fitness (http://nptifitness.com)

Personal Trainer Certification

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by nptifitness View Post
    he dumbbell press is executed using two dumbbells and a weight bench. You can substitute an exercise ball or aerobic step for the weight bench. You can also use a barbell instead of two dumbbells if you don't have the necessary equipment
    Push-ups are performed using your body weight and can be done in a variety of ways to decrease or increase the workload. A standard push-up is done on your feet and hands with your back in a straight line.
    If only the OP asked about the dumbbell press, then this post might not seem so retarded.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Exclamation

Originally Posted by chazzy1864 View Post
    If only the OP asked about the dumbbell press, then this post might not seem so retarded.
    You should check out his post in that 'front squat' thread.

JooooooocieBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) JooooooocieBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) JooooooocieBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) JooooooocieBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) JooooooocieBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) JooooooocieBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) JooooooocieBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) JooooooocieBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) JooooooocieBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) JooooooocieBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) JooooooocieBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Dumbells will let you get more range of motion

JoeTommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeTommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeTommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeTommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeTommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeTommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeTommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeTommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeTommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeTommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeTommy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by coveryisadick View Post
    any real difference between doing standard hand on the floor push ups and doing dumbell pushups ? just tried them for the first time today. they are a nice change up. anything specific ways that they are better than standard ? do they work any parts of the body more ?
    As TLE041 stated, performing push-ups by holding a dumbbell or using the perfect push-up mechanism will actually maximize your results a bit more than if you utilized the traditional push-up form.

This will put a lot less stress on your wrists and allow you to stretch out the muscle a bit more. Think about it, the more you stretch, the more blood you allow to flow into your muscle fibers, which in-turn will tear the muscle fibers a bit more. Your muscles will then compensate and adapt by repairing stronger.

For me, dumbbell push-ups are the way to go if you're looking to maximize strength on that exercise.

Hope this helps!

SonnyMancini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When I do traditional push-ups one of my elbow clicks, it doesn't hurt but it gets to the point that I get worried about causing some sort of damage. Whereas with dumbbell push-ups I don't get that, so I love them for that reason! + I think D P-U's work the pecs a bit better (at least I feel it more).

hksaidha is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've started to use dumbbells after having key hole surgery and found it is much easier on my shoulder and wrists. I can focus on putting stress on the muscles that are being worked better than usual pushups.
    I have to put towels on the dumbbells as my hands do hurt on the palm though.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by hksaidha View Post
    I have to put towels on the dumbbells as my hands do hurt on the palm though.
    /fail.

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    /fail.
    Meow.