Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Sexual Tyrannosaurus ftwrestler's Avatar
    ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by feces99 View Post
    wut?

Originally Posted by forcefedfreak View Post
    "White rice, brown rice, China rice...I don't care man I just want some rice."
    -Papichulo
    fair enough. im not picky either, black rice just tastes awesome

schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good point about the triples in cj.

Trader joes organic jasmin rice ftw. It's high in gi tho.
    I'm obsessed with their sweet potato fries right now. Oven at 425 for like 30-40 mins hngggg.
    Snatch: 122
    CJ: 142

Log: http://adamkosna.blogspot.com/

huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by tfk44 View Post

I have a huge amount of dairy, which probably negatively affects recovery, but I love dairy and need the protein/calories.
    can someone please explain this to me?
    The Long Road to Competition... My olympic weightlifting journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145925733

Progidy3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Progidy3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Progidy3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Progidy3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Progidy3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Progidy3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Progidy3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Progidy3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Progidy3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Progidy3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Progidy3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Definitely IN on topic. <3 Weightlifting and <3 Nutrition haha. As for my diet i am building it up as I go on a day-to-day basis.

1) http://www.livestrong.com/article/35...trition-foods/
    2) http://www.livestrong.com/article/41...lifting-diets/
    --------------------------------
    "If it kills you, it kills you"- Bruce Lee

Reg Park 3x5 Program..
    Lifts as of now

175 Bench 215 Squat 310 Dead

schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Progidy3 View Post
    Definitely IN on topic. <3 Weightlifting and <3 Nutrition haha. As for my diet i am building it up as I go on a day-to-day basis.

1) http://www.livestrong.com/article/35...trition-foods/
    2) http://www.livestrong.com/article/41...lifting-diets/

Ohhhhhh livestrong website. Jack of all trades master of none.

tfk44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tfk44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tfk44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tfk44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tfk44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tfk44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tfk44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tfk44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tfk44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tfk44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tfk44 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by huntito View Post
    There's a whole big long debate about dairy, especially milk, that claims they trigger bad reactions in the GI system, and they cause all sorts of lactic acid flareups and other things in the muscular system. Broz dislikes milk, as does most of the bodybuilding community.

Personally I love milk and it's one of my favorite foods/drinks (it speaks to the greatness of milk that it can be both at the same time), and I've never had any problems whatsoever with lactose, so I continue to drink about 2 gals a week of whole milk, along with plenty of cheese and other dairy. But I'm also old, inflexible, and my soft tissue takes forever to recover, so take it for what it's worth.

ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    it's bull****. i consume plenty of dairy, and i am pretty lean. i am also never sore really. (minus my joints of course)

people just want a nutritional pariah to bash so it seems like they know what they are talking about. (no offense to who ever said it ITT)

other things people love to bash:
    carbs, fat, protein too much or too little of either, fructose in fruit, are veggies necessary, protein shakes.

just drink your milk and eat your yogurt. if you dont like how you feel after a couple weeks, then stop doing it.

matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'll put some input on this as well:

I guess if you're trying to put on muscle, then a weightlifter's diet shouldn't be much different than what a bodybuilder eats during a bulk, after all they both lift weights.

As for me, the key is meat and potatoes and variations thereof (rice, pasta, couscous, etc). During the summer I put on about 8kg of weight over a 3 month period and my diet was this:

Meal 1: Muesli or porridge (oatmeal, buckwheat) plus eggs (occasionally with bacon)
    Meal 2: Ham and cheese sandwich on dark rye (the best kind of bread, all else I and everyone else in Estonia doesn't even classify as bread)+protein drink (just powder and water, nothing fancy)
    Meal 3: Hot meal in a cafeteria, usually pork or chicken with rice/potatoes
    Meal 4: Another sandwich and protein drink, about 50g of peanuts
    Meal 5: Either a small hot meal (meat+potatoes style food) or a bowl of cereal, just something quick before my workout.
    Meal 6: Post workout shake
    Meal 7: Big dinner with lots of meat. I also end every day with 200-250g of quark cheese which in the west seems to be an undiscovered source of protein but in Estonia is a favorite in the strength/bodybuilding community.

So in conclusion: lots of meat, eggs and quark.
    Strength + Speed = Power

If you never fail, you aren't truly pushing yourself to the limit. If you never push yourself to the limit, how do you know what you're truly capable of?

huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by tfk44 View Post
    There's a whole big long debate about dairy, especially milk, that claims they trigger bad reactions in the GI system, and they cause all sorts of lactic acid flareups and other things in the muscular system. Broz dislikes milk, as does most of the bodybuilding community.

Personally I love milk and it's one of my favorite foods/drinks (it speaks to the greatness of milk that it can be both at the same time), and I've never had any problems whatsoever with lactose, so I continue to drink about 2 gals a week of whole milk, along with plenty of cheese and other dairy. But I'm also old, inflexible, and my soft tissue takes forever to recover, so take it for what it's worth.
    Originally Posted by ftwrestler View Post
    it's bull****. i consume plenty of dairy, and i am pretty lean. i am also never sore really. (minus my joints of course)

people just want a nutritional pariah to bash so it seems like they know what they are talking about. (no offense to who ever said it ITT)

other things people love to bash:
    carbs, fat, protein too much or too little of either, fructose in fruit, are veggies necessary, protein shakes.

just drink your milk and eat your yogurt. if you dont like how you feel after a couple weeks, then stop doing it.
    Thanks for clearing that up guys. I agree that it's an amazing super food, I have it all the time along with cottage cheese and greek yogurt and I feel fine.

Originally Posted by matjusm View Post
    So in conclusion: lots of meat, eggs and quark.
    omg I wish we had quark over here... I can't find it anywhere. last time I had it was in 2008 when I went to Hamburg. It's so good with cereal lol

matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    omg I wish we had quark over here... I can't find it anywhere. last time I had it was in 2008 when I went to Hamburg. It's so good with cereal lol
    If you ever went to an Estonian supermarket you'd find like 10 different kinds of it of all sorts of flavors, plus little chocolate covered quark snacks are very popular here as well. Its a shame that its so hard to find in the rest of the world. I'm currently living in the UK and the kind they have here (the only one the supermarket provides) is pretty disgusting when eaten on its own so I have to drown it in yogurt to make it edible.
    Strength + Speed = Power

If you never fail, you aren't truly pushing yourself to the limit. If you never push yourself to the limit, how do you know what you're truly capable of?

If you ever went to an Estonian supermarket you'd find like 10 different kinds of it of all sorts of flavors, plus little chocolate covered quark snacks are very popular here as well. Its a shame that its so hard to find in the rest of the world. I'm currently living in the UK and the kind they have here (the only one the supermarket provides) is pretty disgusting when eaten on its own so I have to drown it in yogurt to make it edible.
    wut?

wut?
    Unfortunately they only have those in Estonia so this knowledge is not applicable anywhere else in the world.
    Strength + Speed = Power

Unfortunately they only have those in Estonia so this knowledge is not applicable anywhere else in the world.
    that was my thought.

how do people feel about juicing. (blending veggies and fruit and stuff)

i have started experimenting with this

feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    that was my thought.

a lot healthier than anything you can buy from conventional stores.
    Gym lifts (PB): C&J: 132.5k, Snatch: 107.5k (p)Jerk: 138k, Clean: 137k Front Squat: 153
    Deadlift: 455, Squat: 380(oly) 360 (pl), Bench: 245, CPUs: 9001
    Comp Total: 237k

that was my thought.

i loved it when I had my mini blender, before it exploded -____-

used to put in 2-3 cups of spinach, 2 cups OJ, some strawberry protein powder and maybe a banana, loved it. I know that's not really your typical juicing recipe but it was how I got my daily spinach needs. I'm too poor to get a legit juicer lol

so i have been playing around with timing of meals, and i have come up with some favorites of mine that i would like to share. I try to do these everyday

post workout: this is religion for me. I do this everytime
    1 chiobani
    16oz of 2%milk w/ 1 scoop muscle milk, 2tbsp of rice protein

last meal of the day:
    1 sweet potato
    1/2 cup black rice
    6oz of fish protein (usually swai)
    1/2 cup broccoli
    1 whole pomogranate

green shake: 1-2x a week
    2cups spinach
    1 cup kale
    16oz green tea
    2 granny smith apple

Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Why nobody talk about macro and caloric surplus??

No IIFYM here?

I'm unaware.
    ☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆

OW log :
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149575693&p=977696913#post977696913

Competition lift : 212 kg total (95/117) @ 77 kg

Originally Posted by Saintsqc View Post
    Why nobody talk about macro and caloric surplus??

No IIFYM here?

I'm unaware.
    It's because as weighlifters I think we go a bit more by feel. I don't really count macros, I'm just always high protein moderate to high fat and low to moderate carbs. I have a big appetite so I'm not worried about under consuming.

Ive been tinkering with diet so much the past several years that I don't really care anymore for iifym. With that said, I think it's important to value nutrients/micros/fiber. Ill usually let loose a bit on sat or sun but during the week I won't "fit in" a Reese's when I can have some berries of equal sugar/carbs.

unlocking asian genetics DaTruth1's Avatar
    DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Macros is a bodybuilding thing IMO. Calories/macros is for precise weightloss/gain, but it is not the only factor when dealing with performance/recovery.
    112.5 snatch
    131 cj

Log: http://www.pendlayforum.com/showthread.php?t=15188

Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by DaTruth1 View Post
    Macros is a bodybuilding thing IMO. Calories/macros is for precise weightloss/gain, but it is not the only factor when dealing with performance/recovery.
    Originally Posted by schabowy90 View Post
    It's because as weighlifters I think we go a bit more by feel. I don't really count macros, I'm just always high protein moderate to high fat and low to moderate carbs. I have a big appetite so I'm not worried about under consuming.

Ive been tinkering with diet so much the past several years that I don't really care anymore for iifym. With that said, I think it's important to value nutrients/micros/fiber. Ill usually let loose a bit on sat or sun but during the week I won't "fit in" a Reese's when I can have some berries of equal sugar/carbs.
    My mind is blown lol!

Do you guys follow bulk/cut phase? Or are you all "maintaining"? Do you grow much muscle mass even if your diet doesnt focus on gaining mass?
    ☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆

OW log :
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149575693&p=977696913#post977696913

My mind is blown lol!

Do you guys follow bulk/cut phase? Or are you all "maintaining"? Do you grow much muscle mass even if your diet doesnt focus on gaining mass?
    weightlifters dont bulk/cut

that is for bodybuilders. I eat lots of food. I have been eating tons of food lately and been losing weight. Getting much stronger and gaining relative strength, but i have lost about 10lbs since i have started weightlifting. Weightlifting is not something that builds muscle by hypertrophy like bodybuilding. most of weightliftings strength gains are by neurological adaptations rather than transient hypertrophy. I do some hypertrophy work to maintain a balanced body but that is it.

weightlifters dont bulk/cut

that is for bodybuilders. I eat lots of food. I have been eating tons of food lately and been losing weight. Getting much stronger and gaining relative strength, but i have lost about 10lbs since i have started weightlifting. Weightlifting is not something that builds muscle by hypertrophy like bodybuilding. most of weightliftings strength gains are by neurological adaptations rather than transient hypertrophy. I do some hypertrophy work to maintain a balanced body but that is it.
    I see! I'm surprised

People I see who does a lot of weightlifting have well developped legs, shoulders and back. Are they a minority?

Why powerlifter forever bulk and weightlifter maintain? I wonder why weightlifters doesnt bulk when they are not doing competition anytime soon to help with their strength gains?
    ☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆

OW log :

DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ^You get a lot of myofibril hypertrophy from weightlifting, because it is high volume and high intensity. It's not the same kind of sarcoplasmic hypertrophy that you see in bodybuilders though, carbs/insulin is not nearly as important in gaining size as a weightlifter.
    112.5 snatch
    131 cj

^You get a lot of myofibril hypertrophy from weightlifting, because it is high volume and high intensity. It's not the same kind of sarcoplasmic hypertrophy that you see in bodybuilders though, carbs/insulin is not nearly as important in gaining size as a weightlifter.
    thisssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

and most if not all weightlifters have big legs and shoulders. never said you could not build muscle, you just wont pack it on

thisssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

and most if not all weightlifters have big legs and shoulders. never said you could not build muscle, you just wont pack it on
    Ok ok I understand the myofibrils hypertrophy part.

A question remain though. Why maintaining is more advantageous than the bulk/cut phases? Dont you make better gains while being on a caloric surplus?
    ☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆

OW log :

A question remain though. Why maintaining is more advantageous than the bulk/cut phases? Dont you make better gains while being on a caloric surplus?
    You don't need to be in a huge surplus to gain strength/mass with our kind of training (like FT said, a LOT of it is neuro) and if you are in a large deficit you are prone to lose strength. It is more beneficial to eat close to maintenance year round and make small adjustments (sometimes eat a bit more, sometimes eat a bit less) to put on only as much size as you need to.
    112.5 snatch
    131 cj

You don't need to be in a huge surplus to gain strength/mass with our kind of training (like FT said, a LOT of it is neuro) and if you are in a large deficit you are prone to lose strength. It is more beneficial to eat close to maintenance year round and make small adjustments (sometimes eat a bit more, sometimes eat a bit less) to put on only as much size as you need to.

I'll maybe switch to oly lifting (if I can find a coach) and I was curious about how weightlifters deal with their diet.

Thx to you guys
    ☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆

OW log :

because weightlifting is all about relative strength. (maybe not all)

you dont bulk/cut in this sport. it makes no sense. neurological adaptations

Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I stay away from most sugars/sweeteners and any preservatives or man-made food imitations. Since I made the switch to a "Paleo-inspired" diet and organic food and produce, my strength, stamina, and mental clarity have all increased.

Currently, I'm at about 4,000 calories a day. I don't count macros or anything -- I just eat when I'm hungry (4-5x a day). I'd probably describe it as high protein, high fat, moderate carb. Everyone in my office gives me sh*t because I walk in with a cooler full of food, lol. It's expensive and requires a lot of prep time, but I think it's absolutely worth it after feeling the difference coming off of a diet that was primarily Five Guys, Chinese food and 1/2 gallon of milk a day.
    Last edited by Faparama; 11-01-2012 at 06:52 AM.

Lamborg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lamborg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lamborg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lamborg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lamborg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lamborg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lamborg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lamborg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lamborg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lamborg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lamborg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    bump