Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    DChaser9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DChaser9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DChaser9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DChaser9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DChaser9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DChaser9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DChaser9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DChaser9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DChaser9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DChaser9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DChaser9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How do you get up early and work out?

I try to get up at 6, and hit the gym by 630 or 645 to get a workout in before school. the gym is empty then, and I don't like when people I know see me working out (i';m a little overweight). Anyways, I always get up at 6, but just quickly talk myself into going back to bed, every time i try this it happens, except once, when I got a great work out in. I'm sick of my family hating and joking on me about how I'll never lose 25 lbs I need to, please help and gimme advice?

ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by DChaser9 View Post
    I try to get up at 6, and hit the gym by 630 or 645 to get a workout in before school. the gym is empty then, and I don't like when people I know see me working out (i';m a little overweight). Anyways, I always get up at 6, but just quickly talk myself into going back to bed, every time i try this it happens, except once, when I got a great work out in. I'm sick of my family hating and joking on me about how I'll never lose 25 lbs I need to, please help and gimme advice?
    Set your alarm clock so it's REALLY LOUD and place it far away from your bed. When you have to walk over to it to turn it off, it's easier not to go back to bed . . . Also, go to bed as early as possible, so that you get a decent night's sleep and wake up feeling refreshed instead of exhausted. Good luck!
    MMDELAD

ACE Certified Personal Trainer since 2007.

jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you did it once, you can do it again. Really, thats what got me through the first couple months. Then it becomes second nature and now I actually enjoy getting up early.
    ---------------------------------------
    "Fast is not fast enough, strong is not strong enough."
    ----------------------------------------

GyminRoad1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GyminRoad1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GyminRoad1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GyminRoad1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GyminRoad1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GyminRoad1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GyminRoad1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GyminRoad1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GyminRoad1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GyminRoad1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GyminRoad1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Son get the fk out of bed or you will always be a sad cnt.

Smash a pre workout the destroy your body in the gym. Eat right train hard and you'll lose the weight.

Good luck Brah do it!!!
    *you're weird and I love it crew*

cyilmassive3 is not very well liked. (-100) cyilmassive3 is not very well liked. (-100) cyilmassive3 is not very well liked. (-100) cyilmassive3 is not very well liked. (-100) cyilmassive3 is not very well liked. (-100) cyilmassive3 is not very well liked. (-100) cyilmassive3 is not very well liked. (-100) cyilmassive3 is not very well liked. (-100) cyilmassive3 is not very well liked. (-100) cyilmassive3 is not very well liked. (-100) cyilmassive3 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Hey there,

First of all don't worry about what other people may say about. People are always like that, will always try to bring you down. Step up and prove them wrong.
    Secondly, Set up your alarm at 6am and another at 6;10am and far from your bed that way will give you time to get up and go to switch off that way u can't sleep.
    Thirdly, The GYM is there for people to loose weight and get a good body. Those guys were like that before, keep focus on your goals and i know you will have a great body.

Something to live you motivates you 'No pain no gain'
    All the best

walshj844 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I get up every day at 5:30. It's not easy but what gets me out of bed and moving is the joy I take of being one of the first people into the gym every morning. I love working out in an empty gym as it is just me, my music and the weights. I go to bed by 10pm so that I get at least 7 hours of sleep a night and in fact my body is so used to waking up at 5:30 I typically will wake up before the alarm goes off. Get in a routine and do it for 2 weeks straight and then you won't even remember what it's like not waking up early to go the gym. Oh and ignore what anyone else says. All it is is talk and talk is cheap.

3Dirty will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3Dirty will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3Dirty will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3Dirty will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3Dirty will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3Dirty will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3Dirty will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3Dirty will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3Dirty will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3Dirty will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3Dirty will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    21 days to form a habit ... suns out, guns out ...
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/3Dirty/

*06/18/12 @351lbs
    *02/16/14 @236lbs
    *05/11/14 @225lbs

Dario99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dario99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dario99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dario99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dario99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dario99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dario99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dario99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dario99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dario99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dario99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1. Try to think more about importance of your workout, imagine yourself fit that will help you to cultivate stronger desire for workout and that way you will more likely reach the gym.

2. Choose alternative workout method. You don't necessarily need to go to the gym, you can do some workout exercises at home, you can start running or maybe start doing some active sports if you are passionate about it more than going to the gym. For example, if you are passionate about football, why not to join some local team?

DChaser9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DChaser9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DChaser9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DChaser9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DChaser9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DChaser9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DChaser9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DChaser9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DChaser9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DChaser9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DChaser9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks everyone, great tips! I;ve realized that waking up earlier 4 times a week is a short term, minor discomfort that will bring major, llong term, ife-altering results, deffs worth waking up early

jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000) jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000) jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000) jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000) jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000) jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000) jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000) jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000) jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000) jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000) jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm sick of my family hating and joking on me about how I'll never lose 25 lbs I need to, please help and gimme advice?
    Think about that every morning. I used to be the same way, except I would wake up at 4am and workout at 5am because I hated how I looked, would even workout with sweatshirts on. If you want to stay the same then you will keep your lazy fat ass in bed and hit snooze. If you want it to change, you wont have second thoughts about it, you'll wake up every morning before your alarm clock. And don't give me that shyt about it being hard because you're a student, I was the same way, and I would work until 10pm or 11pm at night after school.

Just motivate yourself every morning. Nothing magical to it. You'll find your own routine that works for you eventually.
    "The more I began to lift weights, the more I became addicted to the feeling of being bigger and stronger."

StimFlow is just really nice. (+1000) StimFlow is just really nice. (+1000) StimFlow is just really nice. (+1000) StimFlow is just really nice. (+1000) StimFlow is just really nice. (+1000) StimFlow is just really nice. (+1000) StimFlow is just really nice. (+1000) StimFlow is just really nice. (+1000) StimFlow is just really nice. (+1000) StimFlow is just really nice. (+1000) StimFlow is just really nice. (+1000)
    ya man, just get into the habit. i wake up at 5 every day and am in the gym at 6 when it opens . Though i often wake up one or two minutes before the alarm goes off... make it a habit and you biological clock will adjust... Like some of the others said, if you have difficulty with staying awake, move your clock further away or into another room so that you physically have to walk towards it in order to turn it off... and just in case you don't do the following: shower right after waking up... there's nothing like a cold shower to shock your body out of sleep mode.
    ----------------------------------
    *collarbone fracture crew*
    *pescetarian crew*
    ---------
    ---

jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000) jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000) jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000) jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000) jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000) jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000) jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000) jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000) jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000) jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000) jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by StimFlow View Post
    ya man, just get into the habit. i wake up at 5 every day and am in the gym at 6 when it opens . Though i often wake up one or two minutes before the alarm goes off... make it a habit and you biological clock will adjust... Like some of the others said, if you have difficulty with staying awake, move your clock further away or into another room so that you physically have to walk towards it in order to turn it off... and just in case you don't do the following: shower right after waking up... there's nothing like a cold shower to shock your body out of sleep mode.
    I used to have my PWO gear right next to the alarm and my gym clothes right by my side. I would get up, throw on all my lights, take my caffeine, supps, etc, put on some music, hype myself up, then hit it. Wake up like 1 hour before gym time to give yourself some food and time to wake up. A warm shower in the morning will help your body warmup quicker, which is important, you don't want to get injured, so warmup in the mornings ALWAYS by a light jog or something until you break a light sweat. And do some stretches. Like the poster above me said, don't THINK, just DO. Soon it becomes habit.A habit. Like brushing your teeth. No matter how you feel, drag your ass in there. Youre losing weight, don't worry about how you feel, the important thing is to get into the habit of working out, eating right, and being ACTIVE to burn calories. That feeling of being done with the gym in the AM when people are ordering their 500calorie venti caramel fat ass is a feeling like no other.

The real question is, are you ready to endure pain NOW for long term rewards greater than the pain LATER? Ask yourself that.
    "The more I began to lift weights, the more I became addicted to the feeling of being bigger and stronger."

Dutchie1972 is just really nice. (+1000) Dutchie1972 is just really nice. (+1000) Dutchie1972 is just really nice. (+1000) Dutchie1972 is just really nice. (+1000) Dutchie1972 is just really nice. (+1000) Dutchie1972 is just really nice. (+1000) Dutchie1972 is just really nice. (+1000) Dutchie1972 is just really nice. (+1000) Dutchie1972 is just really nice. (+1000) Dutchie1972 is just really nice. (+1000) Dutchie1972 is just really nice. (+1000)
    THIS! When your alarm goes off, GET UP WITHOUT THINKING. JUST DO IT. If anything, remind yourself how much energy you will have for the day if you start with an early morning work out.
    Train hard, expect success!

andyat11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andyat11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andyat11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andyat11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andyat11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andyat11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andyat11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andyat11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andyat11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andyat11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andyat11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Few tips:
    -Put alarm clock further away
    -Drink pre workout right when you get up
    -Go to bed earlier, to help prep and get mind set and you'll be more alert upon waking up
    -Set goals, so you have to get up in order to achieve them
    -Just do it, as soon as your blood gets pumping you will wake up and get going...

You know your not going to go later on in the day, why make it a wasted day? Get up, get going, feel great!

selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Set your alarm and place it on a nightstand on the other side of your bedroom...the act of actually getting out of bed to turn off the alarm will prevent ya from goin back to sleep...It's worth a shot.
    While liftin duh weights I yell out..."You sexy beast"...."Squeeze metal for papa".

xSympathy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xSympathy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xSympathy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xSympathy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xSympathy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xSympathy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xSympathy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I get up everyday at 4 am. Someone else said it, but don't think about it. Just get up. My motivation right now is getting ready for the Navy. Find a goal. Use it to motivate you to get up every morning.

wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I broke the snooze button my clock. I get up at 4:30am every weekday. After 2 or 3 weeks it becomes habit and I just get up no matter how tired I feel.

cuzzaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) cuzzaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) cuzzaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) cuzzaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) cuzzaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) cuzzaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) cuzzaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) cuzzaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) cuzzaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) cuzzaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) cuzzaa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Go to bed earlier.

Print off a picture of a person you'd like to look like, put it ontop of your alarm clock...
    The hardest things in life are done the least, but provide the most.

Twitter - @cuzzaa

chizzy16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chizzy16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chizzy16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chizzy16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chizzy16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chizzy16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chizzy16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chizzy16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chizzy16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chizzy16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chizzy16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    this thread makes me wanna get up earlier and work out great posts ppl

FEAFi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FEAFi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FEAFi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FEAFi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FEAFi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FEAFi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FEAFi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FEAFi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FEAFi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FEAFi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FEAFi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just grab your fkin nuts and do it!
    "There's no justice in this world. Not unless we make it"
    ~Petyr Baelish

"I love the smell of creatine in the morning... Smells like gains."
    ~FEAFi

cuzzaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) cuzzaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) cuzzaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) cuzzaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) cuzzaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) cuzzaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) cuzzaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) cuzzaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) cuzzaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) cuzzaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) cuzzaa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by FEAFi View Post
    GP by any chance?
    The hardest things in life are done the least, but provide the most.

Twitter - @cuzzaa

danjh2705 is on a distinguished road. (+10) danjh2705 is on a distinguished road. (+10) danjh2705 is on a distinguished road. (+10) danjh2705 is on a distinguished road. (+10) danjh2705 is on a distinguished road. (+10) danjh2705 is on a distinguished road. (+10) danjh2705 is on a distinguished road. (+10) danjh2705 is on a distinguished road. (+10) danjh2705 is on a distinguished road. (+10) danjh2705 is on a distinguished road. (+10) danjh2705 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by FEAFi View Post
    If he does that he might stay in bed longer!!

But seriously OP I had to go the same route, up at 5:50 in gym for 7 after walking 2 miles there in the dark and rain during the winter... feels good leaving after a gruelling session walking past the saps in their cars on their way to work.

Loud alarms + keep some motivational posters around or set a wallpaper on your phone that you will see was the trick for me especially things like "suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret!" Makes you think again about hoping into bed!

As for the people betting you won't make your goal .. they obviously are afraid that you WILL do it and then they will have to look at themselves and wonder why they don't have the same guts to change just like you. So get in there and work your socks off and show them up.

Good morning and good luck

DC45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DC45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DC45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DC45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DC45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DC45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DC45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DC45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DC45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DC45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DC45 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What time are you guys going to sleep to be waking up at 4:30 to 5am?

StimFlow is just really nice. (+1000) StimFlow is just really nice. (+1000) StimFlow is just really nice. (+1000) StimFlow is just really nice. (+1000) StimFlow is just really nice. (+1000) StimFlow is just really nice. (+1000) StimFlow is just really nice. (+1000) StimFlow is just really nice. (+1000) StimFlow is just really nice. (+1000) StimFlow is just really nice. (+1000) StimFlow is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by DC45 View Post
    I aim to be sleeping at 10pm, but sometimes earlier if I have the time.
    *pescetarian crew*
    ---------
    ---

DC45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DC45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DC45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DC45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DC45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DC45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DC45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DC45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DC45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DC45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DC45 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I aim to be sleeping at 10pm, but sometimes earlier if I have the time.
    Thanks that's a good reference point and not undo-able.

danjh2705 is on a distinguished road. (+10) danjh2705 is on a distinguished road. (+10) danjh2705 is on a distinguished road. (+10) danjh2705 is on a distinguished road. (+10) danjh2705 is on a distinguished road. (+10) danjh2705 is on a distinguished road. (+10) danjh2705 is on a distinguished road. (+10) danjh2705 is on a distinguished road. (+10) danjh2705 is on a distinguished road. (+10) danjh2705 is on a distinguished road. (+10) danjh2705 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Always aim for 8 hours of sleep so adjust going to bed for when I want to get up. at 5:50 I aim to be asleep before 10pm

ord11b is a name known to all. (+5000) ord11b is a name known to all. (+5000) ord11b is a name known to all. (+5000) ord11b is a name known to all. (+5000) ord11b is a name known to all. (+5000) ord11b is a name known to all. (+5000) ord11b is a name known to all. (+5000) ord11b is a name known to all. (+5000) ord11b is a name known to all. (+5000) ord11b is a name known to all. (+5000) ord11b is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I like the PWO first thing idea. I work out in the afternoon, but whenever I'm feeling like i want to skip a workout, i will just slam my PWO drink. Then in my head i'm like "well ****, gotta go now." Then once i'm in that mindset i'm good to go!

Originally Posted by danjh2705 View Post
    Always aim for 8 hours of sleep so adjust going to bed for when I want to get up. at 5:50 I aim to be asleep before 10pm
    or sleep faster
    *pescetarian crew*
    ---------
    ---

McDonald's dollar menu Jeramey8's Avatar
    Jeramey8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jeramey8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jeramey8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jeramey8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jeramey8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jeramey8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jeramey8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jeramey8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jeramey8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jeramey8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jeramey8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I wake up at 4 AM Monday-Friday.

My gym opens at 5:30 AM and I'm always the first one there.

I love lifting in the morning, wouldn't want it any other way.

I get so excited to lift in the morning that if I think about it too much, I can't fall asleep.

McDonald's dollar menu Jeramey8's Avatar
    Jeramey8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jeramey8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jeramey8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jeramey8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jeramey8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jeramey8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jeramey8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jeramey8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jeramey8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jeramey8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jeramey8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I go to bed between 8-9:30.

I have the sleeping schedule of an old man.