Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

(OH) Squat leaning forward - flexibility/mobility issue?

Hai guys

Anyways, I've been noticing that at my comfortable squat stance, I tend to lean forward. I usually (high bar) squat slightly wider than shoulder stance, feet barely pointed outwards. The problem is that at the bottom, I tend to lean forward a little bit. It's not a huge problem for regular squats, but for overhead squats when I lean forward, it's not overhead anymore so much as it's in front, meaning I dump it.

When I go a bit of a wider stance though, and my feet pointed outwards even more, I barely lean forward at the bottom, if at all, meaning I can overhead squat okay with that stance.

The thing is I'm not so comfortable at that stance, so what's the issue with my narrower stance without toes pointing out as much? Am I missing hip flexibility or mobility or what?

thanks in advance...!

unlocking asian genetics DaTruth1's Avatar
    DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Put up a video. Keep your head high and shoulders tight.
    112.5 snatch
    131 cj

Log: http://www.pendlayforum.com/showthread.php?t=15188

Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DaTruth1 View Post
    Put up a video. Keep your head high and shoulders tight.
    will do next time I hit the jim

in the meantime, this is what I'm referring to:

http://www.mobilitywod.com/2012/09/q...shoulders.html

Clownface is just really nice. (+1000) Clownface is just really nice. (+1000) Clownface is just really nice. (+1000) Clownface is just really nice. (+1000) Clownface is just really nice. (+1000) Clownface is just really nice. (+1000) Clownface is just really nice. (+1000) Clownface is just really nice. (+1000) Clownface is just really nice. (+1000) Clownface is just really nice. (+1000) Clownface is just really nice. (+1000)
    Another one. If you can squat with a jerk grip the normal OH should be no problem! Also are you pushing knees out?

dreaming to be yolked to the heavens

Sendug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sendug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sendug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sendug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sendug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sendug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sendug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sendug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sendug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sendug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sendug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Clownface View Post
    Another one. If you can squat with a jerk grip the normal OH should be no problem! Also are you pushing knees out?

Always mirin' his flexibility. Try as I might my left ankle is locked because of an injury when I was 16 which ruins my squat unless I am under a load.
    http://www.half-the-man.com - My new blog dedicated to my experiences with weight loss. Helpful hints, tips and articles that may facilitate your fat loss.

30 Stone(420 pounds) -> 14.5 stone(203 pounds) in 3 years. Come at me bro!

☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆
    ₪ ₪ ₪TRUE MI$CER₪ ₪ ₪
    [A]lpha [B]eard [C]rew

Originally Posted by Clownface View Post

[youtube]703zuQptNRU[youtube]
    thanks again man! Yeah I've only recently learned to push my knees out, still trying to get used to it because my hips are a bit tight I guess.

Registered User iluvmyortiz1122's Avatar
    iluvmyortiz1122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Heels heels heels! Anytime I lose a bar forward, it's b/c I lost my heels.

Originally Posted by iluvmyortiz1122 View Post
    Heels heels heels! Anytime I lose a bar forward, it's b/c I lost my heels.
    I think I'm always on my heels, but I'll pay attention to that next time, thanks man!

stevezor will become famous soon enough. (+50) stevezor will become famous soon enough. (+50) stevezor will become famous soon enough. (+50) stevezor will become famous soon enough. (+50) stevezor will become famous soon enough. (+50) stevezor will become famous soon enough. (+50) stevezor will become famous soon enough. (+50) stevezor will become famous soon enough. (+50) stevezor will become famous soon enough. (+50) stevezor will become famous soon enough. (+50) stevezor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I always thought that leaning forward in any type of squat was because of ankle inflexibility? try chilling in the bottom squat position with a ~135lb barbell on your knees, really focusing on keeping a neutral spine and heels flat. they do this stretch in a couple cal strength videos, I'll see if I can dig them up.

Clownface is just really nice. (+1000) Clownface is just really nice. (+1000) Clownface is just really nice. (+1000) Clownface is just really nice. (+1000) Clownface is just really nice. (+1000) Clownface is just really nice. (+1000) Clownface is just really nice. (+1000) Clownface is just really nice. (+1000) Clownface is just really nice. (+1000) Clownface is just really nice. (+1000) Clownface is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Sendug View Post
    Always mirin' his flexibility. Try as I might my left ankle is locked because of an injury when I was 16 which ruins my squat unless I am under a load.
    Ah. My left ankle is messed up too from flattening my foot as a kid and then pushing to hard long distance running. Finally getting it loosened up after half a year of mobility work. Sitting with a barbell on my knees has been the most effective.

Originally Posted by Robination View Post
    thanks again man! Yeah I've only recently learned to push my knees out, still trying to get used to it because my hips are a bit tight I guess.
    No problem dude. Glad to share what's helped me!
    dreaming to be yolked to the heavens