BigG0rilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigG0rilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigG0rilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigG0rilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigG0rilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigG0rilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigG0rilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigG0rilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigG0rilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigG0rilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigG0rilla is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Afraid of becoming skinny fat..

Last time i cutted, I was possibly eating 1k - 1.5k calories at 165lbs.. And I suddenly became skinnyfat, with skinny arms and face, and a very soft tummy.. I had absolutely zero knowledge and the only thing I ate everyday was:

Breakfast: Omelette with bread
    lunch and snacks: Fruits and nuts
    Dinner: potato or turkish kebab..

I dropped to about 140lbs.. Since Summer I upped by my calories and lifted heavy and Now I am 156lbs. with the same tummy but better definition.

I really wanna cut and see my abs now.. but my weight is too low honestly..

My eating plan for 2013, or till I see my abs:

Proteins: 200g
    Carbs: 200g
    Fat: 40-50g

Forgot to mention:
    Weight 156 lbs
    Bodyfat: about 14-15%
    Maintaince 2.5k calories
    Cutting calories: about 2k

Idk If I should reduce carbs to 150g and up my proteins to 250g?

I need better condititon so I do HIIT 2 times a week, and do 20 minutes of walking upphill right after the lifting session(only when I have time..maybe 1-2 times a week)

I also wanna do BODYWEIGHT training on off days.. Should I do it or not? I believe bodyweight training is like core-strength? Pushups, plank etc. ..

Gimme your opininons on dieting and bodyweight pls. I dont wanna get skinnyfat again!
    The resistance that you fight physically in the gym,
    and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character.

- Arnold Schwarzenegger

slabm7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) slabm7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) slabm7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) slabm7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) slabm7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) slabm7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) slabm7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) slabm7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) slabm7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) slabm7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) slabm7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Your macros don't look to bad, 200g or protein is plenty. If anything you could increase fat intake a bit, as long as it's healthy fats it will help you lose fat. Do not do bodyweight training on off days, they are called off days for a reason. They are to let your body rest and recover. If you start working to much on your off days you will burn out quickly. I think you have a good plan and kudos to you for being smart enough to put on some weight before cutting, most 17 year olds on here just want the abs and will go to 130 lbs to do it.

matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'd say up fats a little (to 60g minimum) and take those off either protein or carbs. There's no need for protein to be that high anyway, you definitely don't need to increase it any more.

As for body weight on off days, I wouldn't bother. If you must then do it but do 1 set and low reps just to get a little blood flowing, don't do any strenuous exercises, your muscles need to recover.
    R.I.P urukhai29, sentinel3, AncientYouth.

"Eating chips and cookies and drinking soda is just like wandering through life. These are the agents of a purposeless existence. Avocados, turkey burgers, brown rice and eggs etc are the agents of a purposeful existence." - orderoutofchaos, The Internet, 2014

2 Kings 2:23-24

BigG0rilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigG0rilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigG0rilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigG0rilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigG0rilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigG0rilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigG0rilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigG0rilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigG0rilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigG0rilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigG0rilla is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by slabm7 View Post
    Your macros don't look to bad, 200g or protein is plenty. If anything you could increase fat intake a bit, as long as it's healthy fats it will help you lose fat. Do not do bodyweight training on off days, they are called off days for a reason. They are to let your body rest and recover. If you start working to much on your off days you will burn out quickly. I think you have a good plan and kudos to you for being smart enough to put on some weight before cutting, most 17 year olds on here just want the abs and will go to 130 lbs to do it.
    yeah, I wanted the abs to but realised that I would look really bad.. I am not ready for a cut yet enough I believe, but I wanna try and if I become skinnyfat again, I will bulk from August 2013 to January 2014.. 4-5 month bulk again with cleaner foods and less sugar.

Thanks for tips!

- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Originally Posted by matman1813 View Post
    I'd say up fats a little (to 60g minimum) and take those off either protein or carbs. There's no need for protein to be that high anyway, you definitely don't need to increase it any more.

As for body weight on off days, I wouldn't bother. If you must then do it but do 1 set and low reps just to get a little blood flowing, don't do any strenuous exercises, your muscles need to recover.
    I see man. I guess I take off a bit proteins to about 170g, and a bit carbs, but I have a hard time calculating fat intake:/ I drink 2 spoons of fish oil a day which gives me about 20g of fat(the healthier ones).. Should I just try to make a plan with my fitnessplan and change things up untill I hit my macros, and eat the same for 2 weeks? then change it up?

and my mom is making the dinner which varies everyday.. Should I make the food or should I eat 1.7k calories before the dinner and fill up with dinner?

- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by BigG0rilla View Post
    yeah, I wanted the abs to but realised that I would look really bad.. I am not ready for a cut yet enough I believe, but I wanna try and if I become skinnyfat again, I will bulk from August 2013 to January 2014.. 4-5 month bulk again with cleaner foods and less sugar.

Thanks for tips!
    "Clean" foods do not make or break your results. I'm enjoying Reese's and Ice-cream frequently on my slow cut because there's nothing wrong with them. If I was bulking I would need more of them because I do not like eating rice/chicken/veggies all day....too much volume and not enough time for me to handle. Make sure you get your macros, micros, fiber and then enjoy your sugars/candy/ice-cream etc. People on these forums are constantly bulking/cutting......so it makes sense to structure your diet exactly the way you like it, if you enjoy foods that are deemed "clean"....then by all means. keep it simple and this lifestyle is much more sustainable, fat is fat, carbs are carbs, protein is protein...when I look at a food label that's all I see, not the item itself. Good luck in your 2013-2014 goals brah.
    "I think, therefore I am" - René Descartes

Originally Posted by Naeem11 View Post
    "Clean" foods do not make or break your results. I'm enjoying Reese's and Ice-cream frequently on my slow cut because there's nothing wrong with them. If I was bulking I would need more of them because I do not like eating rice/chicken/veggies all day....too much volume and not enough time for me to handle. Make sure you get your macros, micros, fiber and then enjoy your sugars/candy/ice-cream etc. People on these forums are constantly bulking/cutting......so it makes sense to structure your diet exactly the way you like it, if you enjoy foods that are deemed "clean"....then by all means. keep it simple and this lifestyle is much more sustainable, fat is fat, carbs are carbs, protein is protein...when I look at a food label that's all I see, not the item itself. Good luck in your 2013-2014 goals brah.
    thank you very much man! That was really motivating And guys, I am bumping my last question: should I eat 1.7k , a little beelow my goal, just in order to get 300cals from my moms dinner?

- Arnold Schwarzenegger

thank you very much man! That was really motivating And guys, I am bumping my last question: should I eat 1.7k , a little beelow my goal, just in order to get 300cals from my moms dinner?
    Bumping last question

- Arnold Schwarzenegger

jsmoor09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jsmoor09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jsmoor09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jsmoor09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jsmoor09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jsmoor09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jsmoor09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jsmoor09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jsmoor09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jsmoor09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jsmoor09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I just don't agree with the notion of 17 year old cutting unless you're significantly overweight. If anything, I'd slow bulk to 175.

If you're hell bent, I'd add 10-20 more grams of fat from the original post. I think anywhere 1700-2000 is fine.
    8/20:

dmi3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do you think your last cut went wrong because you intake was low?

Originally Posted by dmi3 View Post
    Do you think your last cut went wrong because you intake was low?
    I think that it was lack of lifting and lack of proteins. my protein mainly came from egg inn the morning and thats it. Maybe from nutts and kebab in the evening. I didnt lift for 3 months either.. did some pushups, and thats it

- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Originally Posted by jsmoor09 View Post
    I just don't agree with the notion of 17 year old cutting unless you're significantly overweight. If anything, I'd slow bulk to 175.

If you're hell bent, I'd add 10-20 more grams of fat from the original post. I think anywhere 1700-2000 is fine.
    I see what you mean there buddy.. But I don't feel confident at all! I want to drop down to about 10% bodyfat, then start bulking and add 2-3lb a month instead of 2lb a week as I did now.

- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Jay2057 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jay2057 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jay2057 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jay2057 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jay2057 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jay2057 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jay2057 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jay2057 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jay2057 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jay2057 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jay2057 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That initial diet was terrible hurt me to read that. You need to bulk, sounds like you really burnt a lot of your muscle sadly. Work hard man, keep up with your proteins you will fill out the flab.

Originally Posted by Jay2057 View Post
    That initial diet was terrible hurt me to read that. You need to bulk, sounds like you really burnt a lot of your muscle sadly. Work hard man, keep up with your proteins you will fill out the flab.
    I see, but I really wanna drop 5-10 pounds really slowly.. aiming for 6-12 weeks to slowly get rid of it.. I dont have much actually. Upper abs are clearly visible when flexing. The lower belly is really irritating me.

- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Jay2057 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jay2057 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jay2057 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jay2057 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jay2057 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jay2057 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jay2057 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jay2057 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jay2057 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jay2057 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jay2057 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I see, but I really wanna drop 5-10 pounds really slowly.. aiming for 6-12 weeks to slowly get rid of it.. I dont have much actually. Upper abs are clearly visible when flexing. The lower belly is really irritating me.
    I have had the same issue as you with lower abdominal fat keeping me down. Ive dropped from around 25% body fat at 200 to around 14% at 165. Ive been doing a slow cut, only 200 calorie deficit daily (i burn around 2200 daily average). At least 3-4 cups of veggies daily, healthy fats, around 160g average protein, not to heavy on the carbs except breakfast before the gym. Only supplements I have been using is creatine monohydrate / Multivitamin . I drink around 5-6 liters of water daily. Ive had a noticeable six pack if flexed since i cut the weight but my lower abdominal muscles always not as noticeable. It wasnt until last week when i started to burn the extra fat in between my abdominal muscles and on my lower abdominals. Your body will decide which fats it wants to burn. For me it was my cheeks first, then my ass, then my sides, thighs, then stomach. Even though i only really cared about my stomach its just how it goes. Keep your head up, im now a firm believer or creatine while cutting though, I really do think it helped me not to lose as much size overall even on a cut.

Originally Posted by Jay2057 View Post
    I have had the same issue as you with lower abdominal fat keeping me down. Ive dropped from around 25% body fat at 200 to around 14% at 165. Ive been doing a slow cut, only 200 calorie deficit daily (i burn around 2200 daily average). At least 3-4 cups of veggies daily, healthy fats, around 160g average protein, not to heavy on the carbs except breakfast before the gym. Only supplements I have been using is creatine monohydrate / Multivitamin . I drink around 5-6 liters of water daily. Ive had a noticeable six pack if flexed since i cut the weight but my lower abdominal muscles always not as noticeable. It wasnt until last week when i started to burn the extra fat in between my abdominal muscles and on my lower abdominals. Your body will decide which fats it wants to burn. For me it was my cheeks first, then my ass, then my sides, thighs, then stomach. Even though i only really cared about my stomach its just how it goes. Keep your head up, im now a firm believer or creatine while cutting though, I really do think it helped me not to lose as much size overall even on a cut.
    thanks man I see. I really hope I can post my abs picture in 6 weeks or so

- Arnold Schwarzenegger