Registered User BbouncingNoisee's Avatar
    BbouncingNoisee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BbouncingNoisee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BbouncingNoisee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BbouncingNoisee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BbouncingNoisee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BbouncingNoisee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BbouncingNoisee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BbouncingNoisee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BbouncingNoisee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BbouncingNoisee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BbouncingNoisee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

♀ misc - help a guy rescue a nearly sabotaged rship by jelly friend

So I've been seeing this girl for just under a month, gone out about 4 times. Things have been going pretty good.

To get a better understanding of this story, I need to introduce 3 people.
    Friend #1: cool guy, gym buddy
    Friend #2: idiotic, inappropriate, no social skills, thinks the girl likes him
    Guy #3: one of her good friends

These guys all know each other, and friend #2 hangs out with guy #3 a lot, so he sees the girl every once in a while. So about a week ago I told my gym buddy (Friend #1) I've been seeing the girl. 2 days ago he had lunch with #2, who subsequently told #3. I'm not exactly sure what he told him, but he has a knack for exaggerating and lying. So 2 nights ago I get a text from the girl raging, asking why the fuark I'm telling everyone about our business. She wouldn't tell me what was said exactly, but it sounded bad.

Eventually I calmed her down and tried to tell her it was a misunderstanding, and that everything she heard was probably started by #2. Still, as a result of everything, she now wants "space" and some time to think about "things", and thought we were moving too fast for her (she got out of a 7 year rship this year). She kept reiterating that we were "just friends" right now and really seemed intent on wanting some distance.

What do I do now? I never have figured out what girls mean when they say they need space. Do they actually want it?? I've thought about just not contacting her for a while, or doing something nice for her first, but I'm not sure...
    Help would be appreciated!

edit: I just realized I used the word "rship" in the title, although this is not truly a "rship"

aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you have already explained your side of the story, I suggest not contacting her for a little while and letting her cool off.

hamburgertime is not very well liked. (-100) hamburgertime is not very well liked. (-100) hamburgertime is not very well liked. (-100) hamburgertime is not very well liked. (-100) hamburgertime is not very well liked. (-100) hamburgertime is not very well liked. (-100) hamburgertime is not very well liked. (-100) hamburgertime is not very well liked. (-100) hamburgertime is not very well liked. (-100) hamburgertime is not very well liked. (-100) hamburgertime is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by BbouncingNoisee View Post
    So I've been seeing this girl for just under a month, gone out about 4 times. Things have been going pretty good.

To get a better understanding of this story, I need to introduce 3 people.
    Friend #1: cool guy, gym buddy
    Friend #2: idiotic, inappropriate, no social skills, thinks the girl likes him
    Guy #3: one of her good friends

These guys all know each other, and friend #2 hangs out with guy #3 a lot, so he sees the girl every once in a while. So about a week ago I told my gym buddy (Friend #1) I've been seeing the girl. 2 days ago he had lunch with #2, who subsequently told #3. I'm not exactly sure what he told him, but he has a knack for exaggerating and lying. So 2 nights ago I get a text from the girl raging, asking why the fuark I'm telling everyone about our business. She wouldn't tell me what was said exactly, but it sounded bad.

Eventually I calmed her down and tried to tell her it was a misunderstanding, and that everything she heard was probably started by #2. Still, as a result of everything, she now wants "space" and some time to think about "things", and thought we were moving too fast for her (she got out of a 7 year rship this year). She kept reiterating that we were "just friends" right now and really seemed intent on wanting some distance.

What do I do now? I never have figured out what girls mean when they say they need space. Do they actually want it?? I've thought about just not contacting her for a while, or doing something nice for her first, but I'm not sure...
    Help would be appreciated!

edit: I just realized I used the word "rship" in the title, although this is not truly a "rship"
    when she was ragin, you should have told her to relax and tell you what she heard. tell her what you actually said and tell her you're totally ok getting together with her and the person who said the chit for a little pow wow.

As of now? you need to break contact from her and keep out of trouble. give it 2 weeks. after that, if she hasn't contacted you, you need to move on.

edit: wtf am i still doing on female misc?