fr33dom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Stopping Creatine

Hi All

I've been taking creatine for about 6/7 days, and finished a 5 day loading phase of 20g a day, the last two days have been 5g a day.

I have been researching creatine more and more on the net, and I am increasingly concerned about its safety - so I am thinking about stopping taking it.

On my creatine powder box, it didn't say anything about water consumption - I drink a fair amount anyway, but Im worried I didnt drink enough - could this have caused any problems, or would I know about it already? I have been drinking plenty of water the last few days though.

If I decide to stop taking it, is it ok to just drop off it? Will I loose the 5/6 pounds I put on already?

Cheers Guys

John

derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Re: Stopping Creatine

Originally posted by fr33dom
    Hi All

I've been taking creatine for about 6/7 days, and finished a 5 day loading phase of 20g a day, the last two days have been 5g a day.

I have been researching creatine more and more on the net, and I am increasingly concerned about its safety - so I am thinking about stopping taking it.

On my creatine powder box, it didn't say anything about water consumption - I drink a fair amount anyway, but Im worried I didnt drink enough - could this have caused any problems, or would I know about it already? I have been drinking plenty of water the last few days though.

If I decide to stop taking it, is it ok to just drop off it? Will I loose the 5/6 pounds I put on already?

Cheers Guys

John
    You should be drinking at least a gallon a day of water, esp. due to you are loading the creatine.

Creatine is one of the few supps out there that has proven to be both safe and effective. If you decide to stop using it, then you will probably drop some water weight.
    Last edited by derekmac; 07-19-2003 at 08:41 PM.

Thanks for your reply.

Forgive the subject, but I have noticed urine is also clear most of the time - I did a search and found that this could mean the kidney is overloaded.

Anyone else get this?

/Im a real panicker - sorry

derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally posted by fr33dom
    Thanks for your reply.

Forgive the subject, but I have noticed urine is also clear most of the time - I did a search and found that this could mean the kidney is overloaded.

Anyone else get this?

/Im a real panicker - sorry
    The urine is probably clear because you are drinking enough fluids. To be on the safe side, drink at least 64 oz. of water per day (preferably more) and you should be fine.

user3657 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user3657 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user3657 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user3657 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user3657 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user3657 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user3657 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user3657 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user3657 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user3657 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user3657 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    the piss is clear because you are drinking so much water. start taking your muti's and it will be yellow.

creative is safe for you. dont worry and keep doing your current cycle.

thank you guys.

What if my water intake was low on the first few days of loading, could that have caused any damage?

I didn't really do any cardio during those few days either so I wouldnt have used much extra water.

I appreciate your posts, please forgive my ignorance.

user3657 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user3657 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user3657 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user3657 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user3657 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user3657 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user3657 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user3657 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user3657 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user3657 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user3657 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    no...low water intake wont do any health damage...but it will damage your goals of what you want to look like rather it be bigger or lose weight. water is the highway in your body....without highways cars would go no place and the world would freeze etc. so start drinking your water. dont count the water in protein drinks etc. just straight water.

Thanks - This was really helpfull. I'll finish my low dosage cycle before stopping.

SkintoBig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SkintoBig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SkintoBig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SkintoBig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SkintoBig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SkintoBig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SkintoBig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SkintoBig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SkintoBig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SkintoBig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SkintoBig is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by user3657
    no...low water intake wont do any health damage...but it will damage your goals of what you want to look like rather it be bigger or lose weight. water is the highway in your body....without highways cars would go no place and the world would freeze etc. so start drinking your water. dont count the water in protein drinks etc. just straight water.

low water intake can make you feel bloated in the stomach. if you dont drink alot of water, u will get dehydrated. just drink lots of water and u will be alright.
    Weight: 143
    Height: 5'11
    Body Fat: 7-8%
    Body type: ectomoprh

5/22: 133lb
    6/28: 142lb
    8/29: to be 150+

Highlander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I started taking creatine when I first started lifting. I stopped about a month ago and didn't notice any difference. No water weight, size, or strength lost. Maybe I'm a non-responder. It's hard to tell.