Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by toriidavis View Post
    So I'm here in Ft. Knox for a two week class and this SEMI-skinny fat girl shows up late to our class and whips out a fitness magazine during one of our breaks. This prompts me to strike up some fitness conversation to learn about her goals, her regimen, what I may be able to learn from her and visa versa. She tells me that she has been working out for 3 hours a day for a year and half. I was compelled to share with her that 3 hours everyday of the week was overworking her body and keeping her results minimal, especially after keeping the same routine for more than a few months at a time. She stops me in my tracks and says that she knows but its the only thing that works for her. She starts looking for new moves for the gym in the magazine, so I ask her what her goals are. She is going for a not-as-lean bikini model look. She said that she spent an hour on abs yesterday, stretched, did an hour of cardio, stretched, and then did an hour of just moving around with 10 lbs in her hands. When she left her workout, she wasn't fatigued and isn't sore today. I told her about my leg day yesterday and she cut me off in the middle of it continued to tell me that it wasn't enough of a workout for her and that there would be "no way in hell" that she could see results with a workout like that because her body is so used to working out, whateva, whateva. She continues to talk about herself and her regimen and decides to show me a picture of her at her "peak." The picture looked just like her now only 5lbs less than her current weight. Zero musculature. Weak sauce all around. I figured that this would be a perfect opportunity to shut her up about her weak ass program so I show her my BB.com profile pic. She said she will get there some day. I told I could help her, but she still continued to refuse because her workout is perfect for her...

Girl talks too much bout herself
    weak sauce body with a semi-snotty attitude
    want to kick in face.

Is this ****ed up of me or does she actually have a decent workout that I've never heard of ever working for a real person?
    I got some cardio workouts I can help her out with to get a good body, nomsayin . I can also get rid of that "semi-snotty" attitude, give her a month with Nelly Nelz here and all your problems be solved .
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit." -Will Durant
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure." - Marianne Williamson
    "The only guarantee in life is death, live a life worth dying for." - Me
    "He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
    "It's not over UNTIL I WIN!" - John-leslie Brown (Son of Les Brown)

Atheus Militante de Pacis boseador's Avatar
    boseador is a name known to all. (+5000) boseador is a name known to all. (+5000) boseador is a name known to all. (+5000) boseador is a name known to all. (+5000) boseador is a name known to all. (+5000) boseador is a name known to all. (+5000) boseador is a name known to all. (+5000) boseador is a name known to all. (+5000) boseador is a name known to all. (+5000) boseador is a name known to all. (+5000) boseador is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Why do you care about her attitude OP? Just ignore her and go on with your woman life woman.
    Pro MMA record: 0-0-0

“How could they see anything but the shadows if they were never allowed to move their heads?” - Plato

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” - Voltaire

“Some eloquent speech is as effective as magic.” - Prophet Mohammed

Fierce Fluffalo GruffalosUnited's Avatar
    GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Igmann View Post
    The Victorian exterior/modern interior is a growing design trend on the west coast, especially the Bay Area:

The original Victorian interiors are a bit outdated and tacky for my taste.

I like the Victorian houses, they are nice to look it. I like all forms of architecture in one way or another. But if I was choosing a house that I would buy and live in for a long period of time, it would have to be something modern/minimalist:

And I want the interior to be minimalist as well:

I have an idea in my head of what I want and I'll probably have a custom build when the time is appropriate. A few things...

- Large windows that cover the entire wall
    - White walls
    - Large open spaces
    - The bathroom should have an overhead window
    - High ceilings

I have a dislike for clutter and prefer to keep the furniture minimal too. The Victorians are nice to look at but the moderns are preferable.

I hear people from Jersey all the time say "there's only a north and south"...That central area is really just one big deer ****, so that doesn't count.
    I think you might be a wizard. Not only do I now live in the bay area, but we have the exact same tastes in houses. Modern and minimalistic. Although I would have everything revolving about purple, black, and white. Maybe a victorian exterior with completely open interror. Too bad my husband cares more about garage space then the bigger picture.

I always said I wanted to live in glass house in the middle of a lake. But I will settle for windows dominating wall space. Natural lighting and views are my type of thing. Although this might sound so tacky, I will have a claw foot bathtub at least once in my life.

Those people are wrong and I veto them out.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...ntral%20jersey

if you were interested.

Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GruffalosUnited View Post
    I think you might be a wizard. Not only do I now live in the bay area, but we have the exact same tastes in houses. Modern and minimalistic. Although I would have everything revolving about purple, black, and white. Maybe a victorian exterior with completely open interror. Too bad my husband cares more about garage space then the bigger picture.
    The Bay Area is my favorite part of the entire western US. It's home to essentially every relevant Victorian and Edwardian architectural masterpiece in the entire country. From the painted ladies to the Palace of Fine Arts, there's something to be seen.

The only thing that I care for in terms of the garage is that it be able to house one full size sedan and a motorcycle. The space would be better utilized if put towards a larger living area.

And of course having this staircase somewhere in the home is an absolute must:

It should have a loft somewhere too... http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/loft...ft-beds-169866

I always said I wanted to live in glass house in the middle of a lake. But I will settle for windows dominating wall space. Natural lighting and views are my type of thing. Although this might sound so tacky, I will have a claw foot bathtub at least once in my life.
    A claw foot bathtub with an overhead window that lights up the entire bathroom in the morning. As you can see, home design/architecture is something I'm very passionate about. I'll inbox you some of my work.

Those people are wrong and I veto them out.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...ntral%20jersey

if you were interested.
    Yeah yeah...the bourgeois parts of NJ in the center are detached from the others. But that's still south Jersey, for the most part.

GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The Bay Area is my favorite part of the entire western US. It's home to essentially every relevant Victorian and Edwardian architectural masterpiece in the entire country. From the painted ladies to the Palace of Fine Arts, there's something to be seen.

The only thing that I care for in terms of the garage is that it be able to house one full size sedan and a motorcycle. The space would be better utilized if put towards a larger living area.

And of course having this staircase somewhere in the home is an absolute must:

It should have a loft somewhere too... http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/loft...ft-beds-169866

A claw foot bathtub with an overhead window that lights up the entire bathroom in the morning. As you can see, home design/architecture is something I'm very passionate about. I'll inbox you some of my work.

Yeah yeah...the bourgeois parts of NJ in the center are detached from the others. But that's still south Jersey, for the most part.
    Have you ever been out of the country? I've been to Italy countless times to stay with my family during my summers. If you ever have the opportunity to go there and see everything it has to offer, you should. There are no words to describe the beauty.

I can't see the staircase picture. EDIT. My mouth dropped just a little. That's fantastic. That truly is.

And I will deny ever living in "south" jersey for as long as I live. You will not win this one with me

michpc is just really nice. (+1000) michpc is just really nice. (+1000) michpc is just really nice. (+1000) michpc is just really nice. (+1000) michpc is just really nice. (+1000) michpc is just really nice. (+1000) michpc is just really nice. (+1000) michpc is just really nice. (+1000) michpc is just really nice. (+1000) michpc is just really nice. (+1000) michpc is just really nice. (+1000)
    And I will deny ever living in "south" jersey for as long as I live. You will not win this one with me
    People from New Jersey are so weird.
    "success is a journey, not a destination" -most profound fortune cookie ever!

Originally Posted by michpc View Post
    People from New Jersey are so weird.
    Says someone from Pennsylvania.

kangtin is on a distinguished road. (+10) kangtin is on a distinguished road. (+10) kangtin is on a distinguished road. (+10) kangtin is on a distinguished road. (+10) kangtin is on a distinguished road. (+10) kangtin is on a distinguished road. (+10) kangtin is on a distinguished road. (+10) kangtin is on a distinguished road. (+10) kangtin is on a distinguished road. (+10) kangtin is on a distinguished road. (+10) kangtin is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Girls who only lift 15 lbs bothers me more.
    your bearclaw picture scares me

Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Have you ever been out of the country? I've been to Italy countless times to stay with my family during my summers. If you ever have the opportunity to go there and see everything it has to offer, you should. There are no words to describe the beauty.
    Yes I've been all through Europe; I was born in Bosnia-Herzegovina, raised on the Dalmatian coast (that's in Croatia). I can't say enough about the countless architectural movements that originated in Italy. In the south you have the more exotic Berber-Islamic movement while in the north it's the more refined Renaissance movement. Then you have a blend of the two in Venice; the Venetian Gothic movement. When you look at photographs, most cities never look as good as the photographs. Rome/The Vatican are the only places I can think of where you have to be there in person to truly get the full version of what is going; the photographs never do it justice.

Two other places in Europe that seldom get enough credit are Prague and Vienna. If you ever get the opportunity to go to these places, they are the two places in Europe that possess great cultural wealth. Wealth which they have not forfeited to conform to the other EU countries, which have more or less become commercial and culturally whitewashed in the last 10 or so years. They say that Britain has great cultural wealth and I would disagree; to be honest, there are times in London when don't know if you're in London or Istanbul. It's become completely watered down.

Case in point Vienna:

I can't see the staircase picture. EDIT. My mouth dropped just a little. That's fantastic. That truly is.
    There are also these:

The best choice would be a clear glass staircase or black granite. There's different elements that can be thrown into add flavor, like the wall stairs. Or for the bathroom:
    I really like the open air ceilings in the bathrooms

You can have your tub right underneath the open ceiling. The beauty of having large open ceilings and windows is that you never have to use artificial lights. For the majority of the day you can just open up the curtains. Of course the house should be positioned in a way in which the main windows are in line with the sun.

And the kitchen/dining room combo

There's really no need to separate the kitchen from the dining room. It's a waste of drywall and without the separation, the house looks bigger. The kitchen/dining room should be one room.

What I like about minimalist houses...Well I hate clutter. My bedroom is literally just a bed, a work desk, a mirror and a closet. A person's home is representative of their personality. I like simplicity, utility and function, there's a beauty in that.

I'll inbox you a pic of my house in Bosnia-Herz., which my father and I built and it's always a work in progress.

You're from North Jersey
    Last edited by Igmann; 09-17-2012 at 11:05 AM.

Hayden31 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hayden31 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hayden31 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hayden31 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hayden31 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hayden31 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hayden31 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hayden31 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hayden31 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hayden31 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hayden31 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I see people in the gym everyday and I think to myself "that guy has no idea what he's doing" and 3 months later, not a single result was had. In this bish's case, you are probably right OP, keep to your routine.

michpc is just really nice. (+1000) michpc is just really nice. (+1000) michpc is just really nice. (+1000) michpc is just really nice. (+1000) michpc is just really nice. (+1000) michpc is just really nice. (+1000) michpc is just really nice. (+1000) michpc is just really nice. (+1000) michpc is just really nice. (+1000) michpc is just really nice. (+1000) michpc is just really nice. (+1000)
    Says someone from Pennsylvania.
    I'm not from Pennsylvania, I'm from Massachusetts. And I work in NJ.

Originally Posted by michpc View Post
    I'm not from Pennsylvania, I'm from Massachusetts. And I work in NJ.
    Your Location says differently, mate.

Your Location says differently, mate.
    I LIVE in Pennsylvania, yes.

Yes I've been all through Europe; I was born in Bosnia-Herzegovina, raised on the Dalmatian coast (that's in Croatia). I can't say enough about the countless architectural movements that originated in Italy. In the south you have the more exotic Berber-Islamic movement while in the north it's the more refined Renaissance movement. Then you have a blend of the two in Venice; the Venetian Gothic movement. When you look at photographs, most cities never look as good as the photographs. Rome/The Vatican are the only places I can think of where you have to be there in person to truly get the full version of what is going; the photographs never do it justice.

Two other places in Europe that seldom get enough credit are Prague and Vienna. If you ever get the opportunity to go to these places, they are the two places in Europe that possess great cultural wealth. Wealth which they have not forfeited to conform to the other EU countries, which have more or less become commercial and culturally whitewashed in the last 10 or so years. They say that Britain has great cultural wealth and I would disagree; to be honest, there are times in London when don't know if you're in London or Istanbul. It's become completely watered down.

Case in point Vienna:

There are also these:

The best choice would be a clear glass staircase or black granite. There's different elements that can be thrown into add flavor, like the wall stairs. Or for the bathroom:
    I really like the open air ceilings in the bathrooms

You can have your tub right underneath the open ceiling. The beauty of having large open ceilings and windows is that you never have to use artificial lights. For the majority of the day you can just open up the curtains. Of course the house should be positioned in a way in which the main windows are in line with the sun.

And the kitchen/dining room combo

There's really no need to separate the kitchen from the dining room. It's a waste of drywall and without the separation, the house looks bigger. The kitchen/dining room should be one room.

What I like about minimalist houses...Well I hate clutter. My bedroom is literally just a bed, a work desk, a mirror and a closet. A person's home is representative of their personality. I like simplicity, utility and function, there's a beauty in that.

I'll inbox you a pic of my house in Bosnia-Herz., which my father and I built and it's always a work in progress.

You're from North Jersey
    It seems you spelled Central wrong.

And that bathroom with the natural lighting is beautiful.

Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Girls who only lift 15 lbs bothers me more.
    Bother's you more than what? 15 lbs is a decent dumbbell curl for most girls!

not considered normal pUniCepts's Avatar
    pUniCepts has the mod powerz pUniCepts has the mod powerz pUniCepts has the mod powerz pUniCepts has the mod powerz pUniCepts has the mod powerz pUniCepts has the mod powerz pUniCepts has the mod powerz pUniCepts has the mod powerz pUniCepts has the mod powerz pUniCepts has the mod powerz pUniCepts has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Big_Dip View Post
    Bother's you more than what? 15 lbs is a decent dumbbell curl for most girls!
    Bothers me more than bumping a 4 month old thread with a question to someone who hasn't even been on the forum in almost as long.

Psychoelectric will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoelectric will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoelectric will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoelectric will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoelectric will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoelectric will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoelectric will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoelectric will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoelectric will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoelectric will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoelectric will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by toriidavis View Post
    So I'm here in Ft. Knox for a two week class and this SEMI-skinny fat girl shows up late to our class and whips out a fitness magazine during one of our breaks. This prompts me to strike up some fitness conversation to learn about her goals, her regimen, what I may be able to learn from her and visa versa. She tells me that she has been working out for 3 hours a day for a year and half. I was compelled to share with her that 3 hours everyday of the week was overworking her body and keeping her results minimal, especially after keeping the same routine for more than a few months at a time. She stops me in my tracks and says that she knows but its the only thing that works for her. She starts looking for new moves for the gym in the magazine, so I ask her what her goals are. She is going for a not-as-lean bikini model look. She said that she spent an hour on abs yesterday, stretched, did an hour of cardio, stretched, and then did an hour of just moving around with 10 lbs in her hands. When she left her workout, she wasn't fatigued and isn't sore today. I told her about my leg day yesterday and she cut me off in the middle of it continued to tell me that it wasn't enough of a workout for her and that there would be "no way in hell" that she could see results with a workout like that because her body is so used to working out, whateva, whateva. She continues to talk about herself and her regimen and decides to show me a picture of her at her "peak." The picture looked just like her now only 5lbs less than her current weight. Zero musculature. Weak sauce all around. I figured that this would be a perfect opportunity to shut her up about her weak ass program so I show her my BB.com profile pic. She said she will get there some day. I told I could help her, but she still continued to refuse because her workout is perfect for her...

Girl talks too much bout herself
    weak sauce body with a semi-snotty attitude
    want to kick in face.

Is this ****ed up of me or does she actually have a decent workout that I've never heard of ever working for a real person?
    10pounds... Might as well do cardio for those 3 hours...what a waste of time

mariesla is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Workout routine

Hi everyone,
    I have a similar problem like her I think. I work out a lot for the last months, I started working out about 1,5 year ago, and at some point I lost control and it wasn’t very constructive anymore, I hated myself and just wanted to destroy any feeling so in about 8 months I lost about 44lb and became quickly underweight and anorexic for a while. I feel better now emotionally and also gained some weight again.
    So I now this is not a forum about eating disorders and I’m sorry to bother you with the emotional ‘crap’, but I really love working out, I love running and cycling and also do a lot of yoga and pilates and sometimes ballet or swimming, but I find it hard not to ‘overtrain’ because of my fears to gain weight... I often go beyond my boundaries and start VERY quickly looking unhealty and get all sort of aliments(do you say it like that?) even after one day of hard working out. I have to say that I also try to workout a couple of houres a day the last months , but it clearly does’t work. I recognize also the fact that I often look less toned and even more ‘fat’ when I worked out for many houres the day before... Anyway, more then looking good I want to feel good and healty in my own skin whitout hurting my body, so when do you know you overtrain? And how does a training schedule should look like for a girl? Or is it similar for men and women? Because I really do a lot lately sometimes I get emotionally sick of it and I really want to find a healty balance in that...
    Thank you for reading this
    Greetings, Marie

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you still have a fear of gaining weight,you need to continue focusing on recovery. You need to be comfortable gaining weight to put on muscle, because that's how the process works. If you've been maintaining, that's why there's no results. Plus you say you overdo it, and start looking unhealthy, I assume that means you're losing weight at times which isn't helping either.

It doesn't matter how many hours you put in, in fact most solid programs are only 3-4 hours a week. Plus you're doing a bunch of cardio, which is another red flag that you're not ready to put on mass. You'd have to cut back on that enough to eat enough to gain. A healthy balance would start with getting your mindset fixed first, and breaking the current ED habits (i.e. overexercise, using cardio as a method of preventing weight gain, etc).
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs