chango888 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chango888 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chango888 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chango888 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

How Long Does it Take for a Sprained Wrist to Heal?

I know it varies on the degree of the sprain, I sprained my left wrist,

the ligament closest to the pinkie finger, while bench pressing,

like a dumbo i was, i lifted to fail, without a spotter, that day, i felt great, and i thought i can sneak in one last rep for my last set, and my left side (weaker side gave out) and snap, sprained my wrist, somewhat bad...

from the time of the injury i rested and dint lift for a few days...i did some closed fist pushups for the time being, and it felt fine...

i have been stretching my wrist in all different angles, since the sprain...

now its about 3-4 weeks since the injury...

i would rate my initial injury pain a

9/10

so far now, i have been doing full body, once a week, in the last 2 weeks...

the pain right now is about

2.5/10

so its not bad, but cus i can handle pain.

its just funny cus, my wrist would hurt just by turning my steering wheel (manual transmission)

its just a slight twinge pain feeling, but its actually much better, since this past weekend...

----------------------------

so my questions are?

how long typically, who my wrist to heal, and be 100% (i pray it will be, and not a long term injury )

what else can i do to help it heal?

is it still wise, to lift (not heavy)?

what are the best wrist wraps to do or have?

thanks guys.

i am so pissed off and sad, that this happened, i was getting really great gains, and having fun lifting.

i got really pissed off at myself, for being a dumbass.

thanks

chango888 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chango888 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chango888 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chango888 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    the good thing, today, it feels the best it has ever been, i know rest is the best remedy, but dang, i hate getting out of routine

i want to start lifting heavy soon...

so i guess, i am wondering what are the best wrist wraps

thanks guys, i cant wait

anyone use KT tape? looks interesting?

i havent lifted heavy for almost 4 cycles

fack, i am so pissed, i really got to get back on the darn horse

MrMooo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrMooo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrMooo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrMooo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrMooo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrMooo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrMooo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrMooo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrMooo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrMooo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrMooo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Have you been lifting at all? I am 3 weeks in now going onto 4 weeks now and i have not lifted a single weight im feeling weak and have lost weight =(

How is your wrist going? I have the exact same issue my right wrist muscle near my pinky finger hurts when I rotate it i damaged it during bench pressing

My pain now is about a 1/10 i have full movement and it feels great BUT whenever i get a single weight in my hand or I require to lift anything over 5 kg I can feel it in my wrist and I do fear that it will reset the injuries. Any thoughts?

Originally Posted by MrMooo View Post
    Have you been lifting at all? I am 3 weeks in now going onto 4 weeks now and i have not lifted a single weight im feeling weak and have lost weight =(

How is your wrist going? I have the exact same issue my right wrist muscle near my pinky finger hurts when I rotate it i damaged it during bench pressing

My pain now is about a 1/10 i have full movement and it feels great BUT whenever i get a single weight in my hand or I require to lift anything over 5 kg I can feel it in my wrist and I do fear that it will reset the injuries. Any thoughts?
    yeah, i have been lifting, half max load sets

been doing dips, closed fist pushups

dumbbell press, side lateral raises, dumbbell flys...

there is slight twinge pain, but not that horrible...

but i am the type of person that lifts through the pain

but the first 2 weeks of the severe sprain, OMG freaking hardcore pain, and i only lifted once during that period

but as long as i keep my wrist straight in a neutral position, i was able to lift, without too much pain...

the best thing to do, are lifts, that dont hurt at low weight...

good luck!

hmmm, if you feeling pain with a 10 pound weight, then i think you arent stretching you wrists enough, or maybe your wrists are weak :P

cus i can curl 25 pound dumbs with no pain right now...

but its cus i think my forearms or wrist strength, is keeping my wrist straight without it twisting...

dont stop lifting, try to do anything you can without pain

good luck bro!

MrMooo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrMooo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrMooo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrMooo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrMooo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrMooo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrMooo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrMooo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrMooo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrMooo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrMooo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by chango888 View Post
    yeah, i have been lifting, half max load sets

been doing dips, closed fist pushups

dumbbell press, side lateral raises, dumbbell flys...

there is slight twinge pain, but not that horrible...

but i am the type of person that lifts through the pain

but the first 2 weeks of the severe sprain, OMG freaking hardcore pain, and i only lifted once during that period

but as long as i keep my wrist straight in a neutral position, i was able to lift, without too much pain...

the best thing to do, are lifts, that dont hurt at low weight...

good luck!

thanks man I had the same problem, the first day the pain was so huge i could not even type on the computer or rotate my hand to turn a steering wheel that was about 3.5 weeks ago now however my main fear is if i start lifting again i will make it worse. But from what you have said ill try to do the MUCH lighter weights at least this will slow down my strength loss.

ill start this Friday with legs and go from there. Also I did buy a wrist brace I was just searching it up online it was a harbinger wrist brace / glove.

Hope your wrist injury heals up!

thanks man I had the same problem, the first day the pain was so huge i could not even type on the computer or rotate my hand to turn a steering wheel that was about 3.5 weeks ago now however my main fear is if i start lifting again i will make it worse. But from what you have said ill try to do the MUCH lighter weights at least this will slow down my strength loss.

ill start this Friday with legs and go from there. Also I did buy a wrist brace I was just searching it up online it was a harbinger wrist brace / glove.

Hope your wrist injury heals up!
    good luck to you, i hope this is the last week of recovery for me, so far, it has gotten much better today, since the weekend,

when doing the low weights, try to have less rest time between, if you can get strong by lifting more, at least work on lifting stamina.

good luck bro!

Every day I hope it is the last day of my recovery but no such luck.

Are you doing any cardio? I was worried if i did cardio it would make it worse since you flail your arms back and forth as you jog/sprint so I have pretty much couch potatoed it for 3 weeks gaining fat and losing muscle. I will take your tip of lifting light build stamina, go back to running then lift heavy once I get better.

It is good to hear you are recovering while still lifting, it gives me hope!

Ill keep this thread bookmarked if anyone else replies or if you have any updates =)

ROBO916 is not very well liked. (-100) ROBO916 is not very well liked. (-100) ROBO916 is not very well liked. (-100) ROBO916 is not very well liked. (-100) ROBO916 is not very well liked. (-100) ROBO916 is not very well liked. (-100) ROBO916 is not very well liked. (-100) ROBO916 is not very well liked. (-100) ROBO916 is not very well liked. (-100) ROBO916 is not very well liked. (-100) ROBO916 is not very well liked. (-100)
    I think several weeks?

Quickvr4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Any updates on this wrist issue? Did it ever heal?