Registered User DumptruckDonald's Avatar
    DumptruckDonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) DumptruckDonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) DumptruckDonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) DumptruckDonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) DumptruckDonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) DumptruckDonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) DumptruckDonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) DumptruckDonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) DumptruckDonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) DumptruckDonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) DumptruckDonald will become famous soon enough. (+50)

All time low in life? (Post your motivation/story)

So here's the deal, I'm 18, at Community College. I have no idea about what I want to do in life yet, so I have no real motivation to go to school. I work 3 days a week at a $hiiity fast food job and that somewhat bothers me too. I am also overweight (6'2 235) and have wanted to change forever but I am lacking the will power (fast food addiction). I just came here to hear your guys own personal stories, I have read some of the stickies and stuff but that's just a short term motivation.

DumptruckDonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) DumptruckDonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) DumptruckDonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) DumptruckDonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) DumptruckDonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) DumptruckDonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) DumptruckDonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) DumptruckDonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) DumptruckDonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) DumptruckDonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) DumptruckDonald will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Bump.

Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I had posted my story in Bluejay83's thread so I'm just copying and pasting it into this thread in case you didn't see. Hope it can provide some motivation OP.

I had always been a big guy. Basically when I was younger, I always went out to eat after grade school and middle school because my mother worked late and father almost never cooked. I basically was never really educated on diet and nutrition, so I had very poor eating habits in high school and ate whatever I wanted whenever I was hungry. Continued until I topped off at 290lbs in Feb. 2010.

At first I started using a treadmill 7 days a week and slowly increased how much I ran. Couple months later I started eating less but wasn't tracking calories. Moved onto using an elliptical 6-7 days a week and got down to 178lbs by about June 2011. I had gotten tired of being skinnier so I started lifting weights at home though made little progress as far as adding muscle because I didn't have heavy weights at home. Got to about 182lbs by Jan. 2012 and got a gym membership and started tracking calories. After bulking for three months, cutting for summer, and currently in the process of bulking, I've hit 200lbs as of today. feelsgoodman. I had been fearful of bulking at first but the added muscle and strength is awesome and should make cutting again pretty simple. Currently enjoying added calories and seeing the increase though cloths getting tighter isn't my favorite.

That's my story.

Originally Posted by Misctake7 View Post
    I had posted my story in Bluejay83's thread so I'm just copying and pasting it into this thread in case you didn't see. Hope it can provide some motivation OP.

I had always been a big guy. Basically when I was younger, I always went out to eat after grade school and middle school because my mother worked late and father almost never cooked. I basically was never really educated on diet and nutrition, so I had very poor eating habits in high school and ate whatever I wanted whenever I was hungry. Continued until I topped off at 290lbs in Feb. 2010.

At first I started using a treadmill 7 days a week and slowly increased how much I ran. Couple months later I started eating less but wasn't tracking calories. Moved onto using an elliptical 6-7 days a week and got down to 178lbs by about June 2011. I had gotten tired of being skinnier so I started lifting weights at home though made little progress as far as adding muscle because I didn't have heavy weights at home. Got to about 182lbs by Jan. 2012 and got a gym membership and started tracking calories. After bulking for three months, cutting for summer, and currently in the process of bulking, I've hit 200lbs as of today. feelsgoodman. I had been fearful of bulking at first but the added muscle and strength is awesome and should make cutting again pretty simple. Currently enjoying added calories and seeing the increase though cloths getting tighter isn't my favorite.

That's my story.
    Very nice, I just need to find the will power man. haha I think im depressed, honestly I've never really had anyone believe in me to much my whole life.

spankerdan is on a distinguished road. (+10) spankerdan is on a distinguished road. (+10) spankerdan is on a distinguished road. (+10) spankerdan is on a distinguished road. (+10) spankerdan is on a distinguished road. (+10) spankerdan is on a distinguished road. (+10) spankerdan is on a distinguished road. (+10) spankerdan is on a distinguished road. (+10) spankerdan is on a distinguished road. (+10) spankerdan is on a distinguished road. (+10) spankerdan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by DumptruckDonald View Post
    So here's the deal, I'm 18, at Community College. I have no idea about what I want to do in life yet, so I have no real motivation to go to school. I work 3 days a week at a $hiiity fast food job and that somewhat bothers me too. I am also overweight (6'2 235) and have wanted to change forever but I am lacking the will power (fast food addiction). I just came here to hear your guys own personal stories, I have read some of the stickies and stuff but that's just a short term motivation.
    At 18 years old 9/10 people do not know what they want to do so I wouldn't let that bother you too much.

I know alot of the bigger guys on here take photos of themselves now for motivation and have a realistic goal in mind. Ie/ lose 6-8lbs in a month. If you set yourself achievable goals like this you'll find in no time you'll have lost alot of weight.

On the junk food addiction - doesn't working in a fast food restaurant turn you off eating that food? To me looking at a deep fryer all day and watching the customers stuff their faces with garbage would be off putting. It's all about changing your mindset, dieting doesn't have to be difficult unless you make it difficult. The nutrition section on BB.com is full of recipes that are aimed towards weight loss.

At the end of the day at 18 your adult life is just beginning - there are alot of guys out there that wished they pushed themselves at 18 but never did and didn't get to experience their young-adulthood like they would have wanted. Give yourself a goal, focus on that goal and in no time you'll be living as a new man.

Deltoids of tranquility uniifirex's Avatar
    uniifirex is just really nice. (+1000) uniifirex is just really nice. (+1000) uniifirex is just really nice. (+1000) uniifirex is just really nice. (+1000) uniifirex is just really nice. (+1000) uniifirex is just really nice. (+1000) uniifirex is just really nice. (+1000) uniifirex is just really nice. (+1000) uniifirex is just really nice. (+1000) uniifirex is just really nice. (+1000) uniifirex is just really nice. (+1000)
    you'll find a passion for something within the next year or so, most do around this age
    Full blown ecto, I don't even eat.

natty as natty ice

Originally Posted by spankerdan View Post
    At 18 years old 9/10 people do not know what they want to do so I wouldn't let that bother you too much.

I know alot of the bigger guys on here take photos of themselves now for motivation and have a realistic goal in mind. Ie/ lose 6-8lbs in a month. If you set yourself achievable goals like this you'll find in no time you'll have lost alot of weight.

On the junk food addiction - doesn't working in a fast food restaurant turn you off eating that food? To me looking at a deep fryer all day and watching the customers stuff their faces with garbage would be off putting. It's all about changing your mindset, dieting doesn't have to be difficult unless you make it difficult. The nutrition section on BB.com is full of recipes that are aimed towards weight loss.

At the end of the day at 18 your adult life is just beginning - there are alot of guys out there that wished they pushed themselves at 18 but never did and didn't get to experience their young-adulthood like they would have wanted. Give yourself a goal, focus on that goal and in no time you'll be living as a new man.
    Well not really, It's just a drive thru. I can eat healthier there with a ham and cheese on break. Idk, it's just where it's been going on so long it doesn't effect me.

spankerdan is on a distinguished road. (+10) spankerdan is on a distinguished road. (+10) spankerdan is on a distinguished road. (+10) spankerdan is on a distinguished road. (+10) spankerdan is on a distinguished road. (+10) spankerdan is on a distinguished road. (+10) spankerdan is on a distinguished road. (+10) spankerdan is on a distinguished road. (+10) spankerdan is on a distinguished road. (+10) spankerdan is on a distinguished road. (+10) spankerdan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well not really, It's just a drive thru. I can eat healthier there with a ham and cheese on break. Idk, it's just where it's been going on so long it doesn't effect me.
    Mate jump onto the nutrition section - have a look through... A ham and cheese is not really what I was referring to... find some good wholesome foods. Ie/ shepherds pie with lean mince meat, vegetables and sweet potato (No pastry).

The key to getting the motivation is enjoying what you are doing. For example: I enjoy lifting weights and boxing, I enjoy chicken and brown rice, I don't like salmon, therefore I don't eat it. Try and make your diet and exercise part of your lifestyle and not just something you fit in.

Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Very nice, I just need to find the will power man. haha I think im depressed, honestly I've never really had anyone believe in me to much my whole life.
    Just think of it as a job. Create a routine that involves cardio and weight lifting(or just weight lifting if you don't like cardio) and don't miss a single day.

Head over to the Nutrition section and check out the stickies to determine your maintenance calories. Subtract 500 from that number and eat that many calories a day for 3 weeks. Weigh yourself at the same time each week to see if your losing weight or staying the same. If losing, keep at that number. If staying the same, drop it a couple hundred more. An app like Myfitnesspal will help with tracking calories.

Good luck OP!

Thanks for all of the advice guys.

WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You're young; confusion comes with the territory.

You've got time to figure things out. The only people who think they've got it figured out, don't. Better to be without direction now, than to go down a ****ty road that you never bothered to question, only to realise in 10 years that you don't like where you are. Look for anything about which you're passionate, and latch onto it. Work your ass off, no matter how big or small the task. You'll sort your **** out.
    A man can only be beaten in two ways: if he gives up, or dies.

Originally Posted by WarWithWeakness View Post
    You're young; confusion comes with the territory.

You've got time to figure things out. The only people who think they've got it figured out, don't. Better to be without direction now, than to go down a ****ty road that you never bothered to question, only to realise in 10 years that you don't like where you are. Look for anything about which you're passionate, and latch onto it. Work your ass off, no matter how big or small the task. You'll sort your **** out.
    I hope so, i'm slacking like a mo in college.

frankstomp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankstomp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankstomp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankstomp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankstomp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankstomp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankstomp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankstomp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankstomp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankstomp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankstomp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi there, don't worry, you are young and a full life ahead of you. You are lucky you have a job at the moment because not many people have jobs in life. My advice do what is best, that is go to college do what you need to do and the more you progress you will find what you are looking for. Have a good diet that suite you and don't eat junk food even though you work there, its hard to resist but if you want to loose weight and have a perfect body then you have to resist that. Start with defining what you want to achieve and set up a clear goal, then have a timetable that you can follow could be 3 days at the gym and see within a week if it helps...

All the best to your workout and the future
    Never give up...

LoadedLux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoadedLux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoadedLux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    try intermittent fasting its great for big guys

ozzyjsn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ozzyjsn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ozzyjsn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ozzyjsn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ozzyjsn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ozzyjsn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ozzyjsn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ozzyjsn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ozzyjsn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ozzyjsn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ozzyjsn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Motivation come from inside OP as soon as you start seeing changes and working your ass of you will feel better! Personally I use lifting to fight depression and my PTSD. When I was 15 me and my dad got hit by a drunk driver, my father got killed and the hit was so bad pieces of his skull and body got lodged into my arm and thigh. I got out without any severe physical damage. When I was 15 I weighed 170 lb but by the time I was 16 I only weighed 110. I got diagnosed with depression and PTSD. For 2 and a half years I had nightmares every single night and I could only get about 3 or 4 hours of sleep. Ever since I started lifting the nightmares have gone away, I feel great, and I look way better. I am at 180 now. OP just find motivation and go hard at it!