Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by melvinsito View Post
    I would gladly read on any of them and reconsider my position, if you have sources.
    Are you saying that you do not believe that there is a single valid study done on any supplement?

Kinda still lifts Valhallabound86's Avatar
    Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I would gladly read on any of them and reconsider my position, if you have sources.
    Creatine, Beta alanine, Citrulline malate, BCAA administration regarding MPS stimulation, LCLT, ArA all have pubmed articles related to their efficacy. No one's arguing that they're necessary, merely that they are useful.

Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Why would you come and rant against supps on a supplement forum?
    call me the rap assasinator, rhymes rugged and built like Schwarzenegger.

Universal. Since 1977. Universal Rep's Avatar
    Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by PaintPir View Post
    Are you saying that you do not believe that there is a single valid study done on any supplement?
    I think hes sayin the onus is on the supp company to prove the effectiveness of a supp and back it up with legit studies... And not on a skeptical consumer who needs to prove there are no studies... Right?

Originally Posted by Joe D View Post
    I think he's askin questions and makin a point. Wut I find more interestin is how members here are respondin to him. As a rep, a fella like this is not to be ridiculed, but to be debated with. I dont think hes bein unreasonable about it. My $0.02.
    New & Improved Universal Rep, For Universal

Dome89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dome89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dome89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dome89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dome89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dome89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dome89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dome89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dome89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dome89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dome89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ChrisLS8 View Post
    Why I'm strongly against reading your wall of text and/or giving a single ****.

Congrats on your kindergarten level knowledge of supplementation, basic rules of stuff most members know, and not citing a single source for any of your studies.
    can't agree more there goes five minutes I wont get back for actually reading. Everything stated here is what us actually dedicated members already know. Bashing on companies that have made protein for 30 years is going to make things worse for you. People don't have to use a protein shake but like myself and many others it helps us supplement it into our diet because not everyone can eat eat eat to get the right nutrition come on.
    "It's not about how big you are, it's about getting ripped and staying lean." -Frankie G

team -- Cellucor --Blackops

♛ 8 Inch Dick Length Crew
    Workout In My Own Gym Crew ♛

slowly bulking steady growing w00p

I'm never going to be like Arnold Schwarzenegger, your not going to look like ME, we are all different get to where YOU want to be. -Mark Wahlberg

melvinsito will become famous soon enough. (+50) melvinsito will become famous soon enough. (+50) melvinsito will become famous soon enough. (+50) melvinsito will become famous soon enough. (+50) melvinsito will become famous soon enough. (+50) melvinsito will become famous soon enough. (+50) melvinsito will become famous soon enough. (+50) melvinsito will become famous soon enough. (+50) melvinsito will become famous soon enough. (+50) melvinsito will become famous soon enough. (+50) melvinsito will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by poison View Post
    That means nothing. Noob gains come easy; when you're that under-developed, you'll put on mass just driving by a gym, let alone stopping in and lifting something heavy.
    While what you state may be true, I have plenty of friends at my level that have been working out for a year or two and, unfortunately, spend big cash on supplements and turn their heads on healthy dieting. These same friends are the ones that don't look as if they went to the gym. My position is against substituting supplements for a healthy, varied diet. The way I see it, if you eat healthy, why would you bother consuming anything else? I am somewhat understanding of a person that doesn't have the time in their busy schedule to eat properly and have nutrition-packed meals so he/she turns to a protein shake every now and then to keep that protein in the higher amount or even athletes that have a very strict regimen and the additional caloric intake will boost their gain. But to do it in a daily basis is foolish.

As a matter of fact, healthy individuals with a varied diet don't even have the need to take multivitamins. I remember my nutrition professors actually advised against taking them at all. It just seems excessive taking 1,500% the amount of Calcium that you actually need.

melvinsito will become famous soon enough. (+50) melvinsito will become famous soon enough. (+50) melvinsito will become famous soon enough. (+50) melvinsito will become famous soon enough. (+50) melvinsito will become famous soon enough. (+50) melvinsito will become famous soon enough. (+50) melvinsito will become famous soon enough. (+50) melvinsito will become famous soon enough. (+50) melvinsito will become famous soon enough. (+50) melvinsito will become famous soon enough. (+50) melvinsito will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Maybe there are valid studies, but I just haven't come across any of them. Like I said, I would gladly reconsider my position if I was given this information.

Universal. Since 1977. Universal Rep's Avatar
    Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Dome89 View Post
    can't agree more there goes five minutes I wont get back for actually reading. Everything stated here is what us actually dedicated members already know. Bashing on companies that have made protein for 30 years is going to make things worse for you. People don't have to use a protein shake but like myself and many others it helps us supplement it into our diet because not everyone can eat eat eat to get the right nutrition come on.
    Universal has been makin supps for more than 30 years... Despite that, I dont have a prob with wut the OP is sayin. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and then to debate those opinions... Not to ridicule members for havin a diff opinion than ur own....
    New & Improved Universal Rep, For Universal

Originally Posted by Joe D View Post
    Haha. That is a fine good question. I guess I feel the need to go out and give my opinion, even if most people don't agree with them.

Non-Famous Non-Scientist koard31's Avatar
    koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000) koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000) koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000) koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000) koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000) koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000) koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000) koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000) koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000) koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000) koard31 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My position is against substituting supplements for a healthy, varied diet.
    Could have saved a lot of typing and nonsesne if you just stated that and been done with it. Congrats on stating the obvious though.
    A fan of not overthinking.

Originally Posted by Universal Rep View Post
    I think hes sayin the onus is on the supp company to prove the effectiveness of a supp and back it up with legit studies... And not on a skeptical consumer who needs to prove there are no studies... Right?

I think he's askin questions and makin a point. Wut I find more interestin is how members here are respondin to him. As a rep, a fella like this is not to be ridiculed, but to be debated with. I dont think hes bein unreasonable about it. My $0.02.
    Indeed. I guess the reason I'm going so strongly at this is I've see most people that work will take supplements just because someone else told them to, no questions asked. I was one of those. I was not even sure of what I was taking and why. It's healthy to question things every now and then and hey, if they work out for you, fine. Take them. But for the less experienced users like myself, well, I would've liked having all of this information from the start and I think a lot of the people at my gym would've too.

Originally Posted by koard31 View Post
    Could have saved a lot of typing and nonsesne if you just stated that and been done with it. Congrats on stating the obvious though.
    Unfortunately, it wasn't so obvious for me before and I'm sure it is still not obvious for a lot of people.

Originally Posted by Universal Rep View Post
    Universal has been makin supps for more than 30 years... Despite that, I dont have a prob with wut the OP is sayin. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and then to debate those opinions... Not to ridicule members for havin a diff opinion than ur own....
    I truly appreciate your support.

Originally Posted by diguincoutoreis View Post
    Should i waste my time using my English-Portuguese knowledge to read all the post or i can skip 'cause is a bullsh*t?
    You can probably skip it.

Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Of course a good diet trumps supplementation as others have stated. But supplements have their place in a good diet. Not all supplents are junk. Stimulants, creatine, protein, fish oil, vitamins, all work and help.
    call me the rap assasinator, rhymes rugged and built like Schwarzenegger.

Originally Posted by jay8899 View Post
    To the OP more often than not supplements are ****. There are some very proven ones out there,but uts far n wide to an extent.

Do your research and ofcourse trial and error is key. What works for one doesnt for another.It also depends on diet and training etc,how effective supps can be.

Creatine is really the only scientifically proven supplement along with whey.

But stuff like ara, DAA,Erase and Erase Pro,bcaas,Creatine,certain natural herbs etc.... Among other things have there benefits. Do you need supps absolutly not if your diet is on point. Supps can aid in helping you break through plateaus body recomp etc...among other things.

I was just like u for many years.Over the last few months opened my mind to supps.Well have tried quiet a few and well as of now im stacking DAA,Erase Pro,Creatine and Horny Goat Weed..My libido is up,energy up,strength gains minimal,but i am cutting hard and hardly losing any strength.

I say open your mind a bit,u may not be dissapointed.Most forums swear by supps especially here at bb.com,everyone swears by a supp as at times u can be harrased by reps if u get me. Trust me,i am still very picky with what i buy. Very picky. Ara,daa,creatine and erase along with a good libido booster,carnitine a multi and fishoil can make for a good set of results with proper diet..

Like i have said,i get u exactly,but around here ppl are scared to agree with a minotiry opinion,worried about ditting in..Well **** everyvody here and what they think,ill say what i like and u do the same.Its funny,i dont try to and dont wanna fit in round here.I just come here when other forums are slow and im bored or for entertainment purposes,lol...
    Thanks for your input.

Glad that I read through that so I could get to that last paragraph and lol. Would love to see the full text of that study.
    I will try and find it online for you.

livescience.com/8086-protein-supplement-myth-revealed-body-work.html

Some additional ones:

sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/01/100119121420.htm
    jssm.org/vol6/n1/11/v6n1-11pdf.pdf
    sportsmedicine.about.com/od/sportsnutrition/a/HighProteinDiet.htm
    bath.ac.uk/news/2011/07/04/protein-supplements/
    dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2011269/Protein-drinks-help-athletes-arent-better-balanced-diet.html

rugrat5288 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rugrat5288 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rugrat5288 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rugrat5288 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rugrat5288 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rugrat5288 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rugrat5288 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rugrat5288 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rugrat5288 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rugrat5288 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rugrat5288 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Haha. That is a fine good question. I guess I feel the need to go out and give my opinion, even if most people don't agree with them.

i think everyone agrees with the need for high protein intake. however if you were to eat as much as you are and add a good test booster, good creatine, and maybe something like bulletproof before bed who knows what would happen? give it a try! Also if you were a competing body builder i would hate to see you try to cut eating what you would need to get 1.5 grams protein . If you don't think a protein drink would help there then give a good cut a try on your meal plan.

mario002500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mario002500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mario002500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mario002500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mario002500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mario002500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mario002500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mario002500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mario002500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mario002500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mario002500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah supplements are not needed, if you are on a healthy diet... however wont stop people from taking them if they believe it helps them out motivated... pre workout supplements actually do work, they give you more energy, and you are able to lift heavier, lifting heavier means gaining muscle faster with a good balanced diet....

Originally Posted by rugrat5288 View Post
    i think everyone agrees with the need for high protein intake. however if you were to eat as much as you are and add a good test booster, good creatine, and maybe something like bulletproof before bed who knows what would happen? give it a try! Also if you were a competing body builder i would hate to see you try to cut eating what you would need to get 1.5 grams protein . If you don't think a protein drink would help there then give a good cut a try on your meal plan.
    I think that is precisely part of the problem, "everyone agrees with the need for high protein intake". It has been proven that you don't need so much protein. Most professional athletes don't need them.

Originally Posted by mario002500 View Post
    yeah supplements are not needed, if you are on a healthy diet... however wont stop people from taking them if they believe it helps them out motivated... pre workout supplements actually do work, they give you more energy, and you are able to lift heavier, lifting heavier means gaining muscle faster with a good balanced diet....
    I have to say I actually agree with this. I've noticed that implementing supplements into your meal plan makes a huge difference in people's motivation. I have plenty of friends that take their supplements just before starting a workout and they "feel" energized. Therefore, they work out more pumped than they normally would. This is obviously just a state of mind, but it works. It's like giving them placebos and telling them they can take on the world now. It makes a big difference in the way they train.

stan47islav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stan47islav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stan47islav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stan47islav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stan47islav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stan47islav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stan47islav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stan47islav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stan47islav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stan47islav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stan47islav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have to say I actually agree with this. I've noticed that implementing supplements into your meal plan makes a huge difference in people's motivation. I have plenty of friends that take their supplements just before starting a workout and they "feel" energized. Therefore, they work out more pumped than they normally would. This is obviously just a state of mind, but it works. It's like giving them placebos and telling them they can take on the world now. It makes a big difference in the way they train.

I guess 200-400mg of caffiene vs placebo is all in the mind....

very concerned w/ mTOR's An Inconvenient Bro's Avatar
    An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

Recently I read a research from some university that said: several random gyms had been chosen and in each, 50 individuals were surveyed regarding their supplementation and nutrition, in relationship with their workout routines. Out of all the people surveyed it was concluded that none of them needed supplementation.
    The Win is strong with this one
    Xtreme Formulations

Place your faith in Lord Jesus and he will heal you

Originally Posted by ChrisLS8 View Post
    Why I'm strongly against reading your wall of text and/or giving a single ****.

Congrats on your kindergarten level knowledge of supplementation, basic rules of stuff most members know, and not citing a single source for any of your studies.
    Here are my sources:

dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2011269/Protein-drinks-help-athletes-arent-better-balanced-diet.html
    edb.utexas.edu/ssn/SN%20PDF/Review-Wt%20Train%20Supplements.PDF

I don't believe this is Kindergarten level of knowledge regarding supplementation. Not many people at the 3 gyms I've been to seem to know this. Most of the people I've talked to take them because everyone else does or because the seller at the store told them it was better.

Let me know what you think of my sources.

Originally Posted by stan47islav View Post
    I guess 200-400mg of caffiene vs placebo is all in the mind....
    It is not. Nor does caffeine make you stronger or bigger.

Originally Posted by An Inconvenient Bro View Post
    The Win is strong with this one
    The Win?

very concerned w/ mTOR's An Inconvenient Bro's Avatar
    An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The Win?
    Correct
    Xtreme Formulations

Place your faith in Lord Jesus and he will heal you

GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Here are my sources:

edb.utexas.edu/ssn/SN%20PDF/Review-Wt%20Train%20Supplements.PDF

I don't believe this is Kindergarten level of knowledge regarding supplementation. Not many people at the 3 gyms I've been to seem to know this. Most of the people I've talked to take them because everyone else does or because the seller at the store told them it was better.

Let me know what you think of my sources.
    Judging by your avi I would say you follow those studies to the T.....
    Such much Placebo in here.