Closed Thread
Page 128 of 325 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 126 127 128 129 130 138 178 228 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,840 of 9748
    BobLoblaw357 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BobLoblaw357 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BobLoblaw357 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BobLoblaw357 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BobLoblaw357 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BobLoblaw357 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BobLoblaw357 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BobLoblaw357 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BobLoblaw357 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BobLoblaw357 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BobLoblaw357 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    first off, thanks so much jason, for all your help.
    i am sure this has been addressed multiple times, but i am horrible at navigating searches.

my girlfriend has been lifting with me. she has stuck with the SL 5x5 w/some chins and hyperextension alternating.
    she has the strength gains she was shooting for and is read to transition for cutting.
    she doesn't want to just do cardio as she really enjoys lifting and being strong
    she has added zumba classes on her inbetween lift days (SUN lift MON zumba TUES lift WED zumba THURS lift FRI - SAT rest/stretch)

for your cutting program, you recommend doing 3x5 and 2x8, which i assume comes with the ability to ramp up weight a bit at the beginning.
    i looked at a few of the cutting programs on here and most seem to have a lot higher reps, more like 3x15, they also have alternating body parts for different days, working out most every day, etc.
    when i was lifting in high school we were told higher reps meant leaner gains
    i had her doing 3x8 for all her lifts at first, before i found your cutting version
    i guess my question is why not higher reps for the cutting program? is there something i'm missing?
    i read the previous posts about caloric deficit being a contributing factor, but with only 3-4 days a week lifting
    can this really be enough volume?

question open to all
    thanks
    Last edited by BobLoblaw357; 02-26-2013 at 09:10 AM.
    not trying to get huge, just trying to get healthy and strong for snowboarding, and possible MMA.
    looking to build a baseline of size and then hardcore GPP -- 1rm for OHP/BP/SQ/DL 120/175/260/275
    My Workout Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150538393

Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Whiteboii View Post
    Yes my macros are perfect.
    Have i deloaded bench maybe 5 times in the past 3 months, and maybe 2 times for every other lift.
    Yes i have been properly benching, but it's not just bench, all my lifts seem to not be going up.
    ask someone experienced to check your form

lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by brucedelaney View Post
    Embedded
    how do you "embed" i tryed doing it with my progress pics but it was a no go?
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #28 -!!!---!!!-
    *** ice cream and iron crew # 3 ***

Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yes my macros are perfect.
    Have i deloaded bench maybe 5 times in the past 3 months, and maybe 2 times for every other lift.
    Yes i have been properly benching, but it's not just bench, all my lifts seem to not be going up.
    again, there are a lot of variable that need to be covered.

One option is that you are no longer eating enough to stimulate growth, and calories may need to be increased.
    Another may be that you are not getting sufficient rest, and may be in need of either a week off, or to dramatically decrease workload for a week or two.
    Another would be that you have progressed past the stage where linear progression will bring you progress, but with only 3 months on the program this option is highly unlikely.

Has anything changed in the way you train/rest/eat recently, and have you been following the program the way it is supposed to?

Originally Posted by Soulforged View Post
    ask someone experienced to check your form

^and do this, or film yourself and upload to the forums

Whiteboii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Charlie581 View Post
    again, there are a lot of variable that need to be covered.

One option is that you are no longer eating enough to stimulate growth, and calories may need to be increased.
    Another may be that you are not getting sufficient rest, and may be in need of either a week off, or to dramatically decrease workload for a week or two.
    Another would be that you have progressed past the stage where linear progression will bring you progress, but with only 3 months on the program this option is highly unlikely.

Has anything changed in the way you train/rest/eat recently, and have you been following the program the way it is supposed to?

^and do this, or film yourself and upload to the forums
    My rest is good, i sleep 8 hours everyday.
    I'm gaining weight so i don't see how diet could be the problem.
    My lifts are very low so i don't see how i wouldn't be able to progress

Nope nothing has changed, and yes i'm following the exact routine.

I already do ask for form help, so far the feedback is, my deadlift and squat is on point. and bench, press and rows are pretty good.

Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I just can't progress like i want to....
    Since starting this program about 3 months ago, my squat has gone up about 40 pounds, deadlift maybe 20 pounds, row maybe 20 pounds , press about 20 pounds and bench almost none.

Sure i'm getting stronger but it's REALLY slow. My bench has been the same for almost 2 months now. And today my deadlift dropped almost by 40 pounds for some reason. My diet is set, my sleep is good and i follow the routine. But i'm not getting the gains i want. My predicted tdee is 2900 and atm i'm eating 3500 calories. I get 8 hours of sleep almost every night and everything else seems good. Could this programs just not be for me? Any other thoughts? Thanks.
    If you are ACTUALLY on point with everything, then this should not be occurring unless there is an underlying medical issue and a doctor may need to be consulted, or you are just forgetting something.

What are you ACTUAL macronutrient targets, and how do you track them day to day, and how close do you get to them?
    Are you resting long enough between sets?
    Did you previously eat before a workout and this has now changed? The drop in 40lbs on Deadlift either means insufficient rest or some sort of dramatic change in how you handled a certain topic.
    When you stalled on your lifts, how did you go about deloading?

For there to be NO progress after only 3 months, something has changed drastically or something is not being followed properly. If your lifts are not relatively high, then you should be making progress.

BigVic92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigVic92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigVic92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigVic92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigVic92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigVic92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigVic92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigVic92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigVic92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigVic92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigVic92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by SDES View Post
    For hyperextensions, I use a dumbbell and grip the bar tight with one hand, overlap and support with the other hand - let the DB be vertical throughout the lift and hold it towards your chin/face.

I've seen some guys hold the DB horizontally with each palm under the sides, but I personally wouldn't do it this way.
    Thanks man, I'll give it a shot.

Whiteboii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you are ACTUALLY on point with everything, then this should not be occurring unless there is an underlying medical issue and a doctor may need to be consulted, or you are just forgetting something.

What are you ACTUAL macronutrient targets, and how do you track them day to day, and how close do you get to them?
    Are you resting long enough between sets?
    Did you previously eat before a workout and this has now changed? The drop in 40lbs on Deadlift either means insufficient rest or some sort of dramatic change in how you handled a certain topic.
    When you stalled on your lifts, how did you go about deloading?

For there to be NO progress after only 3 months, something has changed drastically or something is not being followed properly. If your lifts are not relatively high, then you should be making progress.
    My macros are .9 grams of protein per bodyweight and .45 grams of fat per bodyweight. I just upped my calories to 3800 calories instead of the previous 3500 i was at for the past 3 weeks. The rest of my calories are carbs. I eat my calories on point everyday and i track them through my fitness pal.

Tbh i think it might be through my form. I did change my my bench form from paused bench press to regular bench. Also my sleep schedule was not consistent, i still got 8 hours, but it was just at a different time due to winter break.
    When i deload i drop the weight by 10% and up the weight by 5 pounds each workout.
    I think i know what's wrong now, thanks friend.

My macros are .9 grams of protein per bodyweight and .45 grams of fat per bodyweight. I just upped my calories to 3800 calories instead of the previous 3500 i was at for the past 3 weeks. The rest of my calories are carbs. I eat my calories on point everyday and i track them through my fitness pal.

Tbh i think it might be through my form. I did change my my bench form from paused bench press to regular bench. Also my sleep schedule was not consistent, i still got 8 hours, but it was just at a different time due to winter break.
    When i deload i drop the weight by 10% and up the weight by 5 pounds each workout.
    I think i know what's wrong now, thanks friend.
    Alot of people take the whole "8 Hours of sleep" to literally. If one goes less or more than 8hrs sleep and feels fine, then your probably fine. Sleep time is more relative for the individual, and as long as you feel refreshed and not sluggish or tired throughout the day then you should be fine. If you got 7hrs and felt fine or 9 hrs and felt fine, then no big deal. Some people get 8hrs and feel like shyt so it's not an exact number, just listen to your body

And your macros seem to actually be pretty on point so i guess your fine there lol And good luck with your goals, hope you get back on track man!

McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000)
    Iv come to the point where I think my form is off and I find myself just "going through the movements" would it be best to drop some weight and work my way back up?

Originally Posted by McWinning View Post
    Iv come to the point where I think my form is off and I find myself just "going through the movements" would it be best to drop some weight and work my way back up?
    It can't hurt. If you think form is off then it's a very reasonable thing to do.

Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by McWinning View Post
    if my form breaks too much (which happens often on squats) i count that as failure,then repeat same weight,if again form isnt satisfying reset 10%.

Something that has helped me recently is filming myself with my phone. Being able to criticize your own form and see exactly where you break is a HUGE help when trying to figure out where things are going wrong.

WhiskeyRitalin will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiskeyRitalin will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiskeyRitalin will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiskeyRitalin will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiskeyRitalin will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiskeyRitalin will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiskeyRitalin will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiskeyRitalin will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiskeyRitalin will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiskeyRitalin will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiskeyRitalin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Something that has helped me recently is filming myself with my phone. Being able to criticize your own form and see exactly where you break is a HUGE help when trying to figure out where things are going wrong.
    I find it hard to keep my phone stable, going to use laptop instead! If I post my vids I'm sure you people will tell me how my form is! Haha

thelinath is on a distinguished road. (+10) thelinath is on a distinguished road. (+10) thelinath is on a distinguished road. (+10) thelinath is on a distinguished road. (+10) thelinath is on a distinguished road. (+10) thelinath is on a distinguished road. (+10) thelinath is on a distinguished road. (+10) thelinath is on a distinguished road. (+10) thelinath is on a distinguished road. (+10) thelinath is on a distinguished road. (+10) thelinath is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    just hit 225 squat yesterday, pretty pumped about that. not quite ATG, but below parallel. two questions for you guys: first, i feel like my bench is lagging. my squat is 225, deadlift is 275 atm but im confident i could do 300 within the next few sessions, and bench is struggling around 155. i think my chest is lagging overall, should i do anything to bring that up? or just keep benching? bench is the only lift i've had to reset so far.

secondly, what do you guys do on off-days? besides cardio, is doing some other accessory work alright? like is aid, i think my chest and shoulders are lagging a bit. would it hurt to do a few sets of iso exercises on off days? love the routine so far.

lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by thelinath View Post
    just hit 225 squat yesterday, pretty pumped about that. not quite ATG, but below parallel. two questions for you guys: first, i feel like my bench is lagging. my squat is 225, deadlift is 275 atm but im confident i could do 300 within the next few sessions, and bench is struggling around 155. i think my chest is lagging overall, should i do anything to bring that up? or just keep benching? bench is the only lift i've had to reset so far.

secondly, what do you guys do on off-days? besides cardio, is doing some other accessory work alright? like is aid, i think my chest and shoulders are lagging a bit. would it hurt to do a few sets of iso exercises on off days? love the routine so far.
    make sure your form is spot on for bench.. Jason has a good video of "bench press for your chest" once you have all that down it will start to move along with the rest of your lifts..
    i go fishing or hunting on my days days off.... or get sucked in to the ice cream fitness YouTube Chanel.... better than cardio for me
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #28 -!!!---!!!-
    *** ice cream and iron crew # 3 ***

WhiskeyRitalin will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiskeyRitalin will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiskeyRitalin will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiskeyRitalin will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiskeyRitalin will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiskeyRitalin will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiskeyRitalin will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiskeyRitalin will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiskeyRitalin will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiskeyRitalin will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiskeyRitalin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    watch?v=eR03GeQBxBk&feature=youtu.be (enter that after youtube)

Thoughts on my squat form? First rep should be ignored, others are ok, (I'm not intending to go ATG, just paralell... need to get rid of the fear of falling back, but mostly would like information on my back, whether I'm too far forward etc... cheers

Originally Posted by WhiskeyRitalin View Post

Thoughts on my squat form? First rep should be ignored, others are ok, (I'm not intending to go ATG, just paralell... need to get rid of the fear of falling back, but mostly would like information on my back, whether I'm too far forward etc... cheers

embedded for you. Im gonna be honest, its really hard to tell. Dark lighting, seems like somethings in the way and bad video quality. Can't make any recommendations of this, sorry brah

do you push from toes or heels,because it seems like your hips need to go more back in sitting position,and its not exactly paralell ,work on hip mobility and flexibility(google defranco agile 8)

maybe try low bar squat it might suite you better

embedded for you. Im gonna be honest, its really hard to tell. Dark lighting, seems like somethings in the way and bad video quality. Can't make any recommendations of this, sorry brah
    Thanks man, my garage lighting is awful :/ I may have to re record in the day!
    All I can say is when I finish squats (day after when I first started) most the ache is in my glutes!

Thanks man, my garage lighting is awful :/ I may have to re record in the day!
    All I can say is when I finish squats (day after when I first started) most the ache is in my glutes!
    Its ok bro.

do you push from toes or heels,because it seems like your hips need to go more back in sitting position,and its not exactly paralell ,work on hip mobility and flexibility(google defranco agile 8)

Yes, do the agile 8

defrancostraining.com/ask_joe/archives/ask_joe_08-10-03.html

Also to get a better grip on the sitting back portion try box squats. Just come down slow and controlled to avoid compression on your spine
    Last edited by Charlie581; 02-26-2013 at 01:53 PM.

Also if you come to understand any other mobility issues, alot can be found at this link

allthingsgym.com/mobility101/

It's even sorted out by groups

From heels, then up through the hips, the problem comes when I'm thinking about all these things at once haha.
    Also, when I put my head up it tends to feel more comfortable on the traps (guessing that's high bar, any lower feels unsafe!)
    Will do that cheers man

poundcoin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Barbell Shrugs Problem:

I have had some neck problems for a while.
    Mainly from poor computer posture over the years, bad alignment and stiff here and there.
    It is usually always cranky and I find myself constantly stretching it to make it crack as it eases the pain a bit.

Anyway I was doing neck exercises for the past month and noticed it improving until I started doing BB Shrugs last week.

Now my neck is feeling extremely stiff for the past 4-5 days.
    I have tried stretching exercises on it every day following a good book I bought and it still hasn't gotten any better.
    I can't even crack it anymore or look all the way to my left or right without feeling a lot of tension.

I am not sure if it is the shrugs solely, but have a feeling it is.

Does anyone have any advice or had similar problems?

McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by thelinath View Post
    Im in the same boat as you, but today I just reset my squats from 235 cuz I want to get closer to ATG and it wasnt workin to good. My chest also was slacking. Try to focus on form and youll get that pump in your chest. Off days I want to do more too but I keep hearing less is more so rest and eat tons!

tnsguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) tnsguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) tnsguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) tnsguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) tnsguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) tnsguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) tnsguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) tnsguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) tnsguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) tnsguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) tnsguy is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question

Is there any way to do this program with maybe slighly LESS volume? I would like to run this but I think I will be overloaded wayyy to much if I do all this volume? Should I stick to something like keep the 5x5s each day but do only 1 or 2 assistance exercises instead of all of them each day?

ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by tnsguy View Post
    Is there any way to do this program with maybe slighly LESS volume? I would like to run this but I think I will be overloaded wayyy to much if I do all this volume? Should I stick to something like keep the 5x5s each day but do only 1 or 2 assistance exercises instead of all of them each day?
    Not sure how you want someone to answer this. You can do whatever exercises you think you can handle but it wouldn't be this program. If you think this is too much, find another program that you think you can handle. No reason you can't handle this program, the mind sets limits way before the body is at it's limit.

Originally Posted by tnsguy View Post
    You'll be working out hour and a half to 2 hours x 3 per week. So roughly 5 hours a week... That is not too much. It is tiring, maybe even gruelling but the improvements are worth it!

Chad31275 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chad31275 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chad31275 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chad31275 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chad31275 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chad31275 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chad31275 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chad31275 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chad31275 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chad31275 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chad31275 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    1. How long are you guys resting between sets?
    2. Do your workouts go "A. B. A." for a week than on the next week start where you left off going "B. A. B."?

Johnny778877 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Johnny778877 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Johnny778877 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Johnny778877 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Johnny778877 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Johnny778877 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Johnny778877 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Johnny778877 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Johnny778877 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Johnny778877 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Johnny778877 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Chad31275 View Post
    1. How long are you guys resting between sets?
    2. Do your workouts go "A. B. A." for a week than on the next week start where you left off going "B. A. B."?
    3-5 mins on the 5x5s and 60-90 seconds on the 3x8s and 2x10

aba then bab and so on.

Closed Thread
Page 128 of 325 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 126 127 128 129 130 138 178 228 ... LastLast