davisstudent25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Noob seeking help/advice. (Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post in)

Hey everyone

I am a complete noob, entering into the world of working out. All my life I have been the fat kid all my life. But in the last year and half I have lost 80 lbs and am currently down to 229lbs (I was not able to exercise at my heaviest). I am now able to start working out and been doing so for the last month. But I am not sure if I am doing everything right or not. I joined here, hoping I can get some pointers and advice.

My goal is two fold: Lose weight and be muscular.

This is the work out I have been following for the last month:
    Weight lifting: 6 days per week. 2 days upper body, 2 days legs, 2 days chest, and arms every other day. Usually I try to do 3 exercise per bodypart I am working on, with 4 sets and 10 to 12 reps with max weight I can handle.

Cardio: everyday 40 mins on the either bike or eliptical machine.
    Thrid workout: 30 mins....on days when I am not super tired.

My Diet:
    I have cut out carbs for the most part since I have been diagnosed with diabeties II. I eat mostly protien and veges, limiting myself to about 2000 calories per day.
    Protien intake 200 grams/per day.

Supplements:
    Whey Protien
    Mono Creatine
    Fish Oil/Multi vitamin
    I read that HMB might be a good thing to add in? What do you think?

What I am hoping people can help me with:
    I would love to hear any input or suggestions you might have.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    It sounds like you are doing the right thing. I would get on a well known properly structure novice barbell program. Something like all pros simple beginners routine (see the sticky threads). This is 3x a week. Do cardio on other days but leave these days free for weight training and always make sure you are fresh and ready to lift - don't let your cardio make you feel tired when it comes time to lift weights.

You don't need any more supplements unless you get very little sun - in which case take Vitamin D. HMB is unproven but the others are fine.