Shinzaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Can I build muscle with mainly dumbbells?

Hi, I'm 16 yrs old, I'm 5'11, and I weigh around 160. I'm cut with some mass, but not a lot. With proper lighting and when I flex I can see a 4 pack so I'm not sure what my bf % would be if that's possible, probably like 20%? Anyways, I started lifting last year during school for like half a year because I took a weight lifting class, I would've done a full year, but my high school football coach had to have sex with this 17 yr old and I got stuck with a lazy ass new coach. I've build a little mass, and I know how to do like the basic main bodybuilding exercises like bench press, squats, and deadlift. But since I don't have that class this year the only really way I can go to a "gym" is my neighborhood exercise room. It's sort of like a gym, but without any bench press, deaflifts, nor squat rack. It has like the lat pulldown, machine fly, shoulder press machine, leg curl, and leg extension, that's basically it for the machines. For free weights it has mainly dumbbells from weights 10-50lb, and a curl bar, it has a lot of benches also. Basically, I'm wondering if I can build like decent mass with just these equipment. I normally run like 3 miles before lifting, I know I probably shouldn't do that, but I'm just a beginner so I don't think it would affect me that much. All I've been doing recently is dumbbell bench press, dumbbell flies, and basically alot of dumbbell exercises. I haven't trained my legs in a long time because I don't know if I can work them out effectively with just dumbbells. So do you guys think building muscle with just dumbbells is possible for a while until I get a gym membership? Just in case if you wanted to know, my max dumbbell press is 45 lbs (I know, it sucks haha). Could you guys list some possible exercises I can do for two muscle groups per day?

I do chest/ triceps
    Back, biceps
    Shoulders
    No legs right now

spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000)

beef555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) beef555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) beef555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) beef555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) beef555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) beef555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) beef555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) beef555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) beef555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) beef555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) beef555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    well ya u can build mass but you gonna need heavier then 50 lbs for db press in like 2 months or so (i dont know your strenght) anyway u can buy some for cheap on resell website... 1$ per lbs

CodyFoe90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CodyFoe90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CodyFoe90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CodyFoe90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CodyFoe90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CodyFoe90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CodyFoe90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CodyFoe90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CodyFoe90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CodyFoe90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CodyFoe90 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Shinzaw View Post
    Hi, I'm 16 yrs old, I'm 5'11, and I weigh around 160. I'm cut with some mass, but not a lot. With proper lighting and when I flex I can see a 4 pack so I'm not sure what my bf % would be if that's possible, probably like 20%? Anyways, I started lifting last year during school for like half a year because I took a weight lifting class, I would've done a full year, but my high school football coach had to have sex with this 17 yr old and I got stuck with a lazy ass new coach. I've build a little mass, and I know how to do like the basic main bodybuilding exercises like bench press, squats, and deadlift. But since I don't have that class this year the only really way I can go to a "gym" is my neighborhood exercise room. It's sort of like a gym, but without any bench press, deaflifts, nor squat rack. It has like the lat pulldown, machine fly, shoulder press machine, leg curl, and leg extension, that's basically it for the machines. For free weights it has mainly dumbbells from weights 10-50lb, and a curl bar, it has a lot of benches also. Basically, I'm wondering if I can build like decent mass with just these equipment. I normally run like 3 miles before lifting, I know I probably shouldn't do that, but I'm just a beginner so I don't think it would affect me that much. All I've been doing recently is dumbbell bench press, dumbbell flies, and basically alot of dumbbell exercises. I haven't trained my legs in a long time because I don't know if I can work them out effectively with just dumbbells. So do you guys think building muscle with just dumbbells is possible for a while until I get a gym membership? Just in case if you wanted to know, my max dumbbell press is 45 lbs (I know, it sucks haha). Could you guys list some possible exercises I can do for two muscle groups per day?

I do chest/ triceps
    Back, biceps
    Shoulders
    No legs right now
    Id love to know where your from because that same **** with a football coach happened where i live haha.

Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000)
    good luck doing squats with dumbells or deadlifts

dont fuk with me larry ermahgerd's Avatar
    ermahgerd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ermahgerd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ermahgerd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ermahgerd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ermahgerd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ermahgerd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ermahgerd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ermahgerd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ermahgerd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ermahgerd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ermahgerd is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    No bro, in fact several studies have shown that working out with dumbbells actually diminishes your muscle gains and makes you lose muscle.

brb #swag.YOLO.snapbacks.420#OPHOMO.*******serryday.da tpenisCRAY.nomsayinbruh?(no homo)#YOUNGMUNEY.#YMCMB.OBEY.illuminati. bb c u r mi lief.#ONE.LOVE.BABY.(no homo)

Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ermahgerd View Post
    No bro, in fact several studies have shown that working out with dumbbells actually diminishes your muscle gains and makes you lose muscle.

brb #swag.YOLO.snapbacks.420#OPHOMO.*******serryday.da tpenisCRAY.nomsayinbruh?(no homo)#YOUNGMUNEY.#YMCMB.OBEY.illuminati. bb c u r mi lief.#ONE.LOVE.BABY.(no homo)
    Oh lawd... I don't even

lilbismygod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lilbismygod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lilbismygod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lilbismygod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lilbismygod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lilbismygod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lilbismygod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lilbismygod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lilbismygod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lilbismygod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lilbismygod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Lendogg View Post
    Oh lawd... I don't even
    ask kanevsky, dumbells are not OPTIMAL for muscke hypertrophy unless between the 3 and 4 rep range in consecutive sets, except during a leap year in which one must use nothing but dumbells in high rep ranges. optimal muscle hypertrophy has been proven to only be caused by machine isolation exercises.

Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Neglecting the biggest and strongest muscles in your body?

"Do not try to fake passion, because eventually somebody will come along who is truly passionate and they will fuking embarass you"- Ryan Doris