Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Robeazy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

I'm 135 pounds, and want to gain 20 pounds of muscle by christmas

So i just started university (freshman) this year and i live in a dorm which is really close to the rec. It's a nice gym with free weights and everything and was wondering what the best plan to gain strength/muscle/weight would be?

I want to work out at least 3-4 days a week and can run too but i was wondering if cardio would make me lose weight? im 6 ft btw

MikeHunt47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeHunt47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeHunt47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeHunt47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeHunt47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeHunt47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeHunt47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeHunt47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeHunt47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeHunt47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeHunt47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Robeazy View Post
    So i just started university (freshman) this year and i live in a dorm which is really close to the rec. It's a nice gym with free weights and everything and was wondering what the best plan to gain strength/muscle/weight would be?

I want to work out at least 3-4 days a week and can run too but i was wondering if cardio would make me lose weight? im 6 ft btw
    Even with noob gains it's hard to get 20lbs of muscle in A YEAR, in a few months it's impossible... Also, don't run! Cardio decreases muscle gains!

stperkins will become famous soon enough. (+50) stperkins will become famous soon enough. (+50) stperkins will become famous soon enough. (+50) stperkins will become famous soon enough. (+50) stperkins will become famous soon enough. (+50) stperkins will become famous soon enough. (+50) stperkins will become famous soon enough. (+50) stperkins will become famous soon enough. (+50) stperkins will become famous soon enough. (+50) stperkins will become famous soon enough. (+50) stperkins will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Eat more
    Get on a beginners program
    Eat more
    Be consistent
    Eat more
    Don't buy a bunch of bullshat supps
    Eat more
    R.I.P. Bill Perkins March 20, 1940 - May 8, 2012. Forever loved.

"It's the internet, toughen the f*ck up! Go mix up some cement, eat it, harden the f*ck up." -Babylover

BengaliBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BengaliBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BengaliBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BengaliBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BengaliBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BengaliBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BengaliBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BengaliBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BengaliBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BengaliBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BengaliBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    lol'd @ 20lbs of muscle in 4 months

HagenK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) HagenK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) HagenK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) HagenK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) HagenK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) HagenK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) HagenK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) HagenK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) HagenK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) HagenK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) HagenK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    SS and standart 1lb bulk with 1g * bodyweight in pounds protein intake.

HagenK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) HagenK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) HagenK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) HagenK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) HagenK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) HagenK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) HagenK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) HagenK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) HagenK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) HagenK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) HagenK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by MikeHunt47 View Post
    Also, don't run! Cardio decreases muscle gains!
    Bull****. Someone neg him for his scam.

Is it wrong to be strong? CodyBaragar's Avatar
    CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Even with noob gains it's hard to get 20lbs of muscle in A YEAR, in a few months it's impossible... Also, don't run! Cardio decreases muscle gains!
    Lol lots of cardio may decrease gains, but some cardio is beneficial. But yeah you would be lucky to put on 5lbs of lean muscle in that time.

MikeHunt47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeHunt47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeHunt47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeHunt47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeHunt47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeHunt47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeHunt47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeHunt47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeHunt47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeHunt47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeHunt47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by HagenK View Post
    Not a scam? Cardio doesn't directly decrease muscle gains but it takes calories away from your excess, so in the long run, you're losing gains.

EDIT: And yeah that's what I meant a lot of cardio.

Beowu1f has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beowu1f has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beowu1f has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beowu1f has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beowu1f has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beowu1f has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beowu1f has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beowu1f has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beowu1f has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beowu1f has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beowu1f has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Gaining 20lb of overall body weight in a few months is easily attainable. Gaining 20lb of pure lean body mass is unrealistic. All I can say is eat lots and lift hard. Try out: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=135564721

Also: drink lots of water as high protein intake is dehydrating, and do not neglect fiber intake for increased eating (3500-4000 kcal/day) can cause constipation!!

Good Luck!
    Last edited by Beowu1f; 08-26-2012 at 01:49 PM. Reason: typo

spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    He can't hurt you any more baby

Originally Posted by spiderman997 View Post
    He can't hurt you any more baby
    Well ****.

Not a scam? Cardio doesn't directly decrease muscle gains but it takes calories away from your excess, so in the long run, you're losing gains.

So if you like running a lot just eat more. Simple.

Scott. is just really nice. (+1000) Scott. is just really nice. (+1000) Scott. is just really nice. (+1000) Scott. is just really nice. (+1000) Scott. is just really nice. (+1000) Scott. is just really nice. (+1000) Scott. is just really nice. (+1000) Scott. is just really nice. (+1000) Scott. is just really nice. (+1000) Scott. is just really nice. (+1000) Scott. is just really nice. (+1000)
    did not read lol you'll be lucky to gain 5lb of lean mass in a year

So if you like running a lot just eat more. Simple.
    How will you know how many calories you burned during that cardio? So you won't know how many more calories to eat.

TreyDeJohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

There is no realistic way to gain 20 lbs of straight muscle in a year let alone 3 months. Only way is juice which no one suggest.

tylercbennett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tylercbennett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tylercbennett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tylercbennett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tylercbennett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tylercbennett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tylercbennett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tylercbennett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TreyDeJohn View Post
    There is no realistic way to gain 20 lbs of straight muscle in a year let alone 3 months. Only way is juice which no one suggest.
    What do you have against juicing? I juice my fruit and vegetables all the time!!

JK. Not the same kind of juice.

How will you know how many calories you burned during that cardio? So you won't know how many more calories to eat.
    Some websites will tell you rough numbers and than as long as you do same amout of cardio, you will add/cut calories to/from your diet until caloric maintance will be found.

Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

impossible without

"Do not try to fake passion, because eventually somebody will come along who is truly passionate and they will fuking embarass you"- Ryan Doris

Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Francis333 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Please explain how I am losing muscle if I am doing cardio while still being in a 500 calorie surplus.

pls respond
    "Do not try to fake passion, because eventually somebody will come along who is truly passionate and they will fuking embarass you"- Ryan Doris

Originally Posted by Scott. View Post
    did not read lol you'll be lucky to gain 5lb of lean mass in a year

You got a new private msg guinaoum1's Avatar
    guinaoum1 is just really nice. (+1000) guinaoum1 is just really nice. (+1000) guinaoum1 is just really nice. (+1000) guinaoum1 is just really nice. (+1000) guinaoum1 is just really nice. (+1000) guinaoum1 is just really nice. (+1000) guinaoum1 is just really nice. (+1000) guinaoum1 is just really nice. (+1000) guinaoum1 is just really nice. (+1000) guinaoum1 is just really nice. (+1000) guinaoum1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Francis333 View Post
    Please explain how I am losing muscle if I am doing cardio while still being in a 500 calorie surplus.

pls respond
    this
    There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness. Friedrich Nietzsche

04cartert is on a distinguished road. (+10) 04cartert is on a distinguished road. (+10) 04cartert is on a distinguished road. (+10) 04cartert is on a distinguished road. (+10) 04cartert is on a distinguished road. (+10) 04cartert is on a distinguished road. (+10) 04cartert is on a distinguished road. (+10) 04cartert is on a distinguished road. (+10) 04cartert is on a distinguished road. (+10) 04cartert is on a distinguished road. (+10) 04cartert is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    you'll be getting massive noob gains to get that much by christmas, but to give yourself the best chance, sort out your nutrition and sleeping (check the nutrition forums) and get on one of the starting strength programs! Also, don't kid yourself you're doing something when you're not!
    It's time to Sacrifice a lot.

New Workout Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152139773

pls respond
    Say my TDEE is 2000 calories, and I'm eating a 500 calorie surplus (without factoring in cardio) and then I burn 500 calories in cardio, then I'm not eating in a surplus, I'm saying you can't know an exact amount of calories you burned in a cardio workout, so if you underestimate you eat less and sacrifice gains, and if you over estimate you gain more fat... If that makes sense?

jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Sd.
    PM me for workout advice Ladies
    * Conservative Crew *
    ❤King Brady Bearer of the 6 Rings Crew❤
    BvB
    *Bigger chest than female miscers Crew*
    *Team Putin*

Say my TDEE is 2000 calories, and I'm eating a 500 calorie surplus (without factoring in cardio) and then I burn 500 calories in cardio, then I'm not eating in a surplus, I'm saying you can't know an exact amount of calories you burned in a cardio workout, so if you underestimate you eat less and sacrifice gains, and if you over estimate you gain more fat... If that makes sense?
    >I burn 500 calories
    >I don't know how many I burned

Nice logic.

How about eat 500 more calories to compensate for the 500 calories burned dip****.

If you're so ****ing worried about this, use a machine that tells you how many calories you burned.

Once again:

Please explain how I am losing muscle if I am doing cardio while still being in a 500 calorie surplus and how cardio is the devil.

pls respond
    Last edited by Francis333; 08-26-2012 at 03:54 PM.

TrevorCorr13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrevorCorr13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrevorCorr13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrevorCorr13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrevorCorr13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrevorCorr13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrevorCorr13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrevorCorr13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrevorCorr13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrevorCorr13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrevorCorr13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Got cell tech ? (nosrs)
    "The only time you find success before work is in the dictionary"

Stats for 166lbs

start/current/goal

Bench 95/285/260

Squat 70/365/405

Deadlift 95/425/495

>I burn 500 calories
    >I don't know how many I burned

Nice logic.

How about eat 500 more calories to compensate for the 500 calories burned dip****.

If you're so ****ing worried about this, use a machine that tells you how many calories you burned.

Once again:

Please explain how I am losing muscle if I am doing cardio while still being in a 500 calorie surplus and how cardio is the devil.

pls respond
    The 500 calories was an example, and those machines are usually bull****.

Kyle1593 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kyle1593 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kyle1593 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kyle1593 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kyle1593 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kyle1593 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kyle1593 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kyle1593 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kyle1593 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kyle1593 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kyle1593 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    when i started out i gained about 25 pounds in like 4-5 months haha noob gains ftw and it wasnt really fat i was like 14 percent but i was at like 13 before

The 500 calories was an example, and those machines are usually bull****.
    Strong answer.

http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc
    Once again:

you claim "Cardio decreases muscle gains!"

but still can't answer:

Please explain how I am losing muscle if I am doing cardio while still being in a 500 calorie surplus

Not even my final form NZninja101's Avatar
    NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey guys I've decided to stop lifting weights because I don't know how many calories it burns and I want to be in a 500 calorie surplus.
    'People are gonna remember me as a god forever... Like-like-like Troy, like Chiles heel, I'm a god forever I'll be remembered for thousands of years to come' - Jason Genova

Texas Method Mod: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171537443&p=1444534723&viewfull=1#post1444534723