Page 2 of 266 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
    in4thelulz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) in4thelulz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) in4thelulz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) in4thelulz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) in4thelulz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) in4thelulz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) in4thelulz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) in4thelulz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) in4thelulz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) in4thelulz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) in4thelulz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by .:Chris:. View Post
    I'll tell you this much...you dont have west nile lulz.

If it makes you feel any better, I drank couple days ago and the days that followed felt like I was getting a sinus infection.
    I don't think it's west nile. We've recently had an outbreak in illinois and it kinda ran through my head and then i was like ohhhh fuuuuuuk, what if it is?? am i gunna die?? lol. Pretty sure it's a sinus infection..just wish I could shake this fukin thing without goin to the doctor.
    Scrotum Seam Crew
    The Legion of Good Samaritans
    Misc Bet Crew
    Eagles-St. Louis Cardinals-Bulls-Blues-Fighting Illini
    ░▓░▓
    ▓▓▓
    ▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▓▓▓▓▓▒▒
    ▒░▓░▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒
    ▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ████████████████

Rep Back 1k+

Quest to 5k+

.:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by in4thelulz View Post
    I don't think it's west nile. We've recently had an outbreak in illinois and it kinda ran through my head and then i was like ohhhh fuuuuuuk, what if it is?? am i gunna die?? lol. Pretty sure it's a sinus infection..just wish I could shake this fukin thing without goin to the doctor.
    Well if it doesnt get better in about 1-2 days then maybe you should go get it checked out..just in case if something is going around.
    RN/Healthcare Crew - FGC Crew

Registered Nurse? Or work in the healthcare? Come join
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147557373
    Pro-Gun. Pro-Rights.
    ௵leoaa777 krazedxboi

in4thelulz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) in4thelulz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) in4thelulz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) in4thelulz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) in4thelulz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) in4thelulz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) in4thelulz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) in4thelulz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) in4thelulz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) in4thelulz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) in4thelulz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Well if it doesnt get better in about 1-2 days then maybe you should go get it checked out..just in case if something is going around.
    Ya, I start a new job Monday. I feel better today than I did Monday and Tuesday, but this sinus pressure is brutal. I feel like shiits about to start oozing from my right ear lol. If I'm not significantly better tomorrow I'll probably head into the doc.
    Scrotum Seam Crew
    Misc Bet Crew
    ░▓░▓
    ▓▓▓
    ▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▓▓▓▓▓▒▒
    ▒░▓░▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒
    ▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ████████████████

Rep Back 1k+

Quest to 5k+

.:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ya, I start a new job Monday. I feel better today than I did Monday and Tuesday, but this sinus pressure is brutal. I feel like shiits about to start oozing from my right ear lol. If I'm not significantly better tomorrow I'll probably head into the doc.
    Just wondering but did you get water in your ear?

Pro-Gun. Pro-Rights.
    ௵leoaa777 krazedxboi

Just wondering but did you get water in your ear?
    I may have. But I do recall breathing in my nose under water when i first jumped in and i could feel the chlorine burning my fukn nose for a while after inhaling the water.
    Scrotum Seam Crew
    Misc Bet Crew
    ░▓░▓
    ▓▓▓
    ▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▓▓▓▓▓▒▒
    ▒░▓░▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒
    ▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ████████████████

Rep Back 1k+

Quest to 5k+

Registered User 2Rude4MyOwnGood's Avatar
    2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Firefighter/medic checking in on healthcare thread.

Can't figure out how to sub this thread on my phone but I will do it when I get off of work.

I may have. But I do recall breathing in my nose under water when i first jumped in and i could feel the chlorine burning my fukn nose for a while after inhaling the water.
    Oh ok ya make sure to mention that and the possibility of getting water in your ear while at the Docs office.

Originally Posted by 2Rude4MyOwnGood View Post

Can't figure out how to sub this thread on my phone but I will do it when I get off of work.
    Nice. Welcome.

Pro-Gun. Pro-Rights.
    ௵leoaa777 krazedxboi

TTexasTT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTexasTT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTexasTT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTexasTT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTexasTT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTexasTT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTexasTT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTexasTT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTexasTT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTexasTT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTexasTT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    lol Ive been a nurse for over 7 years and I constantly have people calling me and asking about what wrong with them and attempt to tell me their s/s and **** gets so annoying. I dont know motherfuker, go to the goddamn doctor.

yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Starting a 4 year bscn in nursing program this september. I'm pretty nervous tbh

Anybody know what the classes are like? As in similar to bio class or whatever? I know theres a lot of nursing practice but I'm talking about the micro biology, physiology type stuff

also, phuck the negative stigma attached concerning male nurses lol

LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by yup123 View Post
    Starting a 4 year bscn in nursing program this september. I'm pretty nervous tbh

Anybody know what the classes are like? As in similar to bio class or whatever? I know theres a lot of nursing practice but I'm talking about the micro biology, physiology type stuff

also, phuck the negative stigma attached concerning male nurses lol
    Some programs have a pathophysiology / pharmacology course integrated into the nursing program (which IMO don't like, rather they required separate classes), which means your nursing classes will go into some detail regarding most disorders / drugs you will run into in the hospital. However, if you googled the disorder, you could probably learn as much just reading from wikipedia. Most of the things you learn are techniques, nursing procedures, and what is expected of you as a nurse when taking care of these patients.

mechan9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mechan9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mechan9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mechan9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mechan9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mechan9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mechan9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mechan9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mechan9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mechan9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mechan9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Rabbitw00t View Post
    Currently a SRNA (Student Registered Nurse Anesthetist) working on my Doctoral degree. Unless someone is a CRNA on this forum, I will be more than happy to field any questions related to ICU nursing and applying for anesthesia school
    Did you start your nursing career with a BSN?

Did you have to take additional prerequisites for your CRNA program (ie. real chemistry versus chemistry-lite for allied health majors)? How about physics?

How long did you work in teh ICU before you decided to go into CRNA?

EDIT: how well do you guys tolerate the smell of **** and vomit? I can handle blood and guts fine but get me anywhere near **** and vomit and I start gagging like Steve-O from Jackass.

jehims1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jehims1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jehims1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jehims1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jehims1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jehims1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jehims1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jehims1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jehims1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jehims1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jehims1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    nursing student starting this fall for ADN.

Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by mechan9 View Post
    EDIT: how well do you guys tolerate the smell of **** and vomit? I can handle blood and guts fine but get me anywhere near **** and vomit and I start gagging like Steve-O from Jackass.
    You just do.
    "An injury to one, is an injury to all. Workers of the world, unite!"

https://www.iww.org/

Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by mechan9 View Post
    Did you start your nursing career with a BSN?

Did you have to take additional prerequisites for your CRNA program (ie. real chemistry versus chemistry-lite for allied health majors)? How about physics?

How long did you work in teh ICU before you decided to go into CRNA?

1) I started at a university for my BSN

2)Some schools require different things. I was not qualified for some schools because of this. Some require physics and organic chemistry. I had neither. So off the list they went. Most schools do not require that stuff, but If you really like a school or it is close by, you may be disappointed when they see they require a class you don't have. Plan ahead, and worse case scenario, you take an online class before applying.

3)I worked in the ICU for 3 years. I was accepted at 2 1/2 years. I could have applied earlier, but I didn't feel I was ready. I wanted to be as comfortable in the clinical setting as possible before applying for schools. Since anesthesia is so hands on and requires spacial awareness and knowing the equipment and troubleshooting, I didn't want to go in unprepared. There are some students that a crazy book smart, but worthless clinically. This increases stress and patient safety can suffer. You need the best of both words.

4) I'm a mouth breather when I step into rooms or a situation that smells awful. It may sound sick, but I prefer not to smell those things. Visually, not big deal. Vomit, mucous, blood....no problem.

Registered User 2Rude4MyOwnGood's Avatar
    2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Something that we do in the fire department to help with bad smells is carry a jar of Vicks on the ambulance/engine. If you rub it under your nose you can keep the smell at bay.

I would assume that its common in hospitals as well.

Something that we do in the fire department to help with bad smells is carry a jar of Vicks on the ambulance/engine. If you rub it under your nose you can keep the smell at bay.

I would assume that its common in hospitals as well.
    Damn not a bad idea. Will keep this in mind if bodily fluids bother me in the future.

Pro-Gun. Pro-Rights.
    ௵leoaa777 krazedxboi

Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Damn not a bad idea. Will keep this in mind if bodily fluids bother me in the future.
    We can't have any of that in nursing homes. :/
    "An injury to one, is an injury to all. Workers of the world, unite!"

https://www.iww.org/

LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm a mouth breather when I step into rooms or a situation that smells awful. It may sound sick, but I prefer not to smell those things. Visually, not big deal. Vomit, mucous, blood....no problem.
    I know that feel. Didn't think smell could be that bad...but when it hit...

Originally Posted by Messier_Object View Post
    We can't have any of that in nursing homes. :/
    Damn you know what..not sure if they would allow us to use vicks during clinicals. Guess ill just put up with it and hope that I get accustomed to it lol.

Pro-Gun. Pro-Rights.
    ௵leoaa777 krazedxboi

RIP zyzz forever mirin dropkickMc's Avatar
    dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000) dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000) dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000) dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000) dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000) dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000) dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000) dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000) dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000) dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000) dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000)

FF/PM up in dis wutup 2rude. We own this thread now

but srs the vicks does NOT work. i watched an autopsy once and some pple smeared vicks up in their naso. the doc was like LOL @ you it's gonna make it worse bc it opens you up and you can smell even it even better now. wooohooo so i wouldnt do it. cavicide smells pretty good tho. smells clean

edit: dont rub cavicide on your nose

kevx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kevx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kevx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kevx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kevx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kevx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kevx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kevx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kevx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kevx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kevx has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by TTexasTT View Post
    lol Ive been a nurse for over 7 years and I constantly have people calling me and asking about what wrong with them and attempt to tell me their s/s and **** gets so annoying. I dont know motherfuker, go to the goddamn doctor.
    RN here with 2 years exp. I get the same thing. When I tell them go to a doctor, they call me a bad RN. ::facepalm:: The general public can't tell the difference between RN and MDs. Many patients call me doctor, even though my hospital makes RN wear certain colors and I put my name under Nurse in their room.

murse53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) murse53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) murse53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) murse53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) murse53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) murse53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) murse53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) murse53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) murse53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) murse53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) murse53 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Surgical Trauma Neuro ICU nurse educator checking in. BSN, CNRN

Originally Posted by kevx View Post
    RN here with 2 years exp. I get the same thing. When I tell them go to a doctor, they call me a bad RN. ::facepalm:: The general public can't tell the difference between RN and MDs. Many patients call me doctor, even though my hospital makes RN wear certain colors and I put my name under Nurse in their room.
    Wow bro you are a bad RN.

lol joking. Arent Nurses NOT allowed to even diagnose?

Pro-Gun. Pro-Rights.
    ௵leoaa777 krazedxboi

Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Wow bro you are a bad RN.

lol joking. Arent Nurses NOT allowed to even diagnose?
    Not on record. You can say, Hey doc, you think it's *insert diagnosis* Boom, done.

Nurses have nursing diagnosis which you will learn about in nursing school. It's a bunch of junk that is not used in practice. However, it uses something called concept mapping, which helps you to start to see the big picture, how everything is related and how one thing affects another. It is very useful imo for students if used properly. A good nurse sees the big picture, the patient as a whole. A buzz word that teachers like to hear is "Holistic" Holistic practice.

datclownbaby is a name known to all. (+5000) datclownbaby is a name known to all. (+5000) datclownbaby is a name known to all. (+5000) datclownbaby is a name known to all. (+5000) datclownbaby is a name known to all. (+5000) datclownbaby is a name known to all. (+5000) datclownbaby is a name known to all. (+5000) datclownbaby is a name known to all. (+5000) datclownbaby is a name known to all. (+5000) datclownbaby is a name known to all. (+5000) datclownbaby is a name known to all. (+5000)
    working as an lvn for past 5 years, shouldve been an rn a while ago, feelsbadman.
    clownbaby has arrived

Not on record. You can say, Hey doc, you think it's *insert diagnosis* Boom, done.

Nurses have nursing diagnosis which you will learn about in nursing school. It's a bunch of junk that is not used in practice. However, it uses something called concept mapping, which helps you to start to see the big picture, how everything is related and how one thing affects another. It is very useful imo for students if used properly. A good nurse sees the big picture, the patient as a whole. A buzz word that teachers like to hear is "Holistic" Holistic practice.
    Thats good to know. I'm naturally very observant anyway so hopefully that will help me out.

Pro-Gun. Pro-Rights.
    ௵leoaa777 krazedxboi

franksg99 is just really nice. (+1000) franksg99 is just really nice. (+1000) franksg99 is just really nice. (+1000) franksg99 is just really nice. (+1000) franksg99 is just really nice. (+1000) franksg99 is just really nice. (+1000) franksg99 is just really nice. (+1000) franksg99 is just really nice. (+1000) franksg99 is just really nice. (+1000) franksg99 is just really nice. (+1000) franksg99 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Question for murse brahs who originally planned on applying to med school and went the nursing route instead. What made you change your mind?

neokill175 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neokill175 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neokill175 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neokill175 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neokill175 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neokill175 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neokill175 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neokill175 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neokill175 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neokill175 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neokill175 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    1) I started at a university for my BSN

2)Some schools require different things. I was not qualified for some schools because of this. Some require physics and organic chemistry. I had neither. So off the list they went. Most schools do not require that stuff, but If you really like a school or it is close by, you may be disappointed when they see they require a class you don't have. Plan ahead, and worse case scenario, you take an online class before applying.

3)I worked in the ICU for 3 years. I was accepted at 2 1/2 years. I could have applied earlier, but I didn't feel I was ready. I wanted to be as comfortable in the clinical setting as possible before applying for schools. Since anesthesia is so hands on and requires spacial awareness and knowing the equipment and troubleshooting, I didn't want to go in unprepared. There are some students that a crazy book smart, but worthless clinically. This increases stress and patient safety can suffer. You need the best of both words.

4) I'm a mouth breather when I step into rooms or a situation that smells awful. It may sound sick, but I prefer not to smell those things. Visually, not big deal. Vomit, mucous, blood....no problem.
    What were your final grades in your undergrad?
    What is the general criteria they look at when you're applying to CRNA school?
    What other area of nursing is big right now in your opinion since you have more experience than I do? (I definitely want to pursue my master, that's why I'm trying out different units)

Originally Posted by datclownbaby View Post
    working as an lvn for past 5 years, shouldve been an rn a while ago, feelsbadman.
    go for it bro! study it up hard and get your RN, what do you have to lose?
    GO HARD OR GO HOME.
    I fear not the man who practice 10,000 kicks once, but i fear the man practice that one kick 10,000 times...
    Bruce Lee

DO IT!! DONT GIVE UP!
    RN-ADN student, graduation date of May 2011! We can do it! -- COMPLETE

This thread keeps me motivated. Slacked off today and im pretty upset with myself. I'll just have to make up for it tomorrow.

Pro-Gun. Pro-Rights.
    ௵leoaa777 krazedxboi

Originally Posted by neokill175 View Post
    What were your final grades in your undergrad?
    What is the general criteria they look at when you're applying to CRNA school?
    What other area of nursing is big right now in your opinion since you have more experience than I do? (I definitely want to pursue my master, that's why I'm trying out different units)
    1) I had a 3.8+ when I was accepted into nursing school. 3.5+ at graduation.
    2) Grades grades grades and grades. Probably the foremost criteria. 3.5+ to be competitive. next I would say comes experience. Has to be ICU. What type, how long, what kind of place? Small hospital or academic teaching facility. A good chunk of students start school when they have 2 years of experience. Places like to see extra certifications such as CCRN. Most places require a GRE. They're not that important when deciding admissions, but the higher, the better. Look for over 1000 (old test score standard). They also like to see some CRNA and OR shadowing.
    3) I forsee geriatric nurse practitioners being in hot demand. Seeing the baby boomers are heading towards that age. If you can get in early before the word gets out, i'm sure you'll do very well. All speculation though. CRNA will never go out of style. More surgeries are being performed every year.