Page 12 of 266 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast
    .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Ultimate Genetics View Post
    Hi guys, I am about to take the TEAS next month. A University near me offers RN in less than 2 years if you can pass certain tests. Wish me luck!
    I took that..its pretty easy as long as you study and brushen up on old information (bio, anp, basic math, ect). If you havent already, look into buying some prep books for the TEAS as they help a lot in my opinion. The book that I have has information for review and practice test that you can use for yourself to practice with and improve on. If you need more info about TEAS shoot me a message and ill dig up test-prep books and other info that I may have.
    RN/Healthcare Crew - FGC Crew

Registered Nurse? Or work in the healthcare? Come join
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147557373
    Pro-Gun. Pro-Rights.
    ௵leoaa777 krazedxboi

Nut & exer made a science Ultimate Genetics's Avatar
    Ultimate Genetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ultimate Genetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ultimate Genetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ultimate Genetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ultimate Genetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ultimate Genetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ultimate Genetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ultimate Genetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ultimate Genetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ultimate Genetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ultimate Genetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by .:Chris:. View Post
    I took that..its pretty easy as long as you study and brushen up on old information (bio, anp, basic math, ect). If you havent already, look into buying some prep books for the TEAS as they help a lot in my opinion. The book that I have has information for review and practice test that you can use for yourself to practice with and improve on. If you need more info about TEAS shoot me a message and ill dig up test-prep books and other info that I may have.
    Thanks bro, I did get a few books. English and writing I should have no problem with. My spelling and grammar should be pass worthy. Math I still need to brush up a little on. Science is going to be tricky because it's a lot of specific facts. I plan to do some practice tests, I will let you know how I do! If I need more help I will hit you up on that offer, thank you!
    S.T.E.M.

~Does not neg for opposing views~

Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by .:Chris:. View Post
    Interesting. My graduating-class is pretty big (about 60 ppl..no more though) but we're separated into smaller classes like our lecture will have about 30 people but lab day and clinical is only 10 people max. Yeah I do feel that I am at a disadvantage compared to most people that are cna, uap, ect..Was thinking of volunteering this winter and summer or at least look for some kind of seasonal work relating to health care.
    This winter I am going to enjoy it haha.. going to relax and have fun.. But next summer I am definitely going to try and work as a Nurse Extern or CNA for experience. Yeah my class is small so we have all 20 students in each lecture but clinicals only 7 students per.

SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Will follow thread but currently on the waitlist for my program. Had a chance at a competitive school, applied, said they would mail out the acceptance/denials in a couple weeks, month and a half passes and they ended up canceling the program all together. Was quite pissed. Just hoping I can get in a bit earlier than the current placement on the waitlist I have.

At least prereqs are all done now I just have the actual program. Will only be going for associates degree. Hoping it does not have much effect on me finding a job since bachelors is becoming more common.

Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SKIN__N__BONES View Post
    Will follow thread but currently on the waitlist for my program. Had a chance at a competitive school, applied, said they would mail out the acceptance/denials in a couple weeks, month and a half passes and they ended up canceling the program all together. Was quite pissed. Just hoping I can get in a bit earlier than the current placement on the waitlist I have.

At least prereqs are all done now I just have the actual program. Will only be going for associates degree. Hoping it does not have much effect on me finding a job since bachelors is becoming more common.
    My cousin is a nurse and she has been telling me that her hospital and many others in Maryland won't hire anyone with an associates. My teachers in nursing school have told me that many nurses with an associates who are RN's currently might have to go back to school to get their BSN's it could become a requirement in the future. Take it for what its worth

SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Cheezefryz View Post
    My cousin is a nurse and she has been telling me that her hospital and many others in Maryland won't hire anyone with an associates. My teachers in nursing school have told me that many nurses with an associates who are RN's currently might have to go back to school to get their BSN's it could become a requirement in the future. Take it for what its worth
    I would be amazed if they made current nurses go back but I could see them not hiring people with only associates in the future. However if that is the case before I graduate Ill do the 1 year asn to bsn bridge. I am sort of hoping I can just network and try to use that to get me hired. I am hoping since my mother is a nurse at the hospital I want to get hired at that I will have my foot in the door with the people she knows. Being male may as well benefit me.

In retrospect I wish I had just gone bsn from the start but the prereqs are different then what I have for the 4 year programs near me so it will still be faster to just do asn to bsn if I have to.

I also dont want to get stuck having to start in like a nursing home.

.:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would be amazed if they made current nurses go back but I could see them not hiring people with only associates in the future. However if that is the case before I graduate Ill do the 1 year asn to bsn bridge. I am sort of hoping I can just network and try to use that to get me hired. I am hoping since my mother is a nurse at the hospital I want to get hired at that I will have my foot in the door with the people she knows. Being male may as well benefit me.

In retrospect I wish I had just gone bsn from the start but the prereqs are different then what I have for the 4 year programs near me so it will still be faster to just do asn to bsn if I have to.

From what I've heard, its VERY hard to get right into the hospital without experience (with only ADN). But like you said, you can network your way in there, I think someone in this thread did that. He said he got to know the right people during his clinicals in the hopsital that gave him that advantage. And you can also hope that your mother can put in a good word for ya. I'm sort of hoping the same since I have a lot of family in the health care (one works in the hospital in OR and two are RN's) but at the same time I'll settle working any where for the experience thats required to get in the hospital. I will look into getting my BSN though in the future but first I think I'd want some experience..even if I have to work in the nursing home.

A lot of my professors are trying to instill the idea of furthering education...as in getting a BSN..I wouldnt be surprised if it does become the requirements for the future. I know my cousin is trying to get her BSN now and shes been working as an RN for about 2-3 years (and her mom works in a hospital..guess her mom couldnt get her in).
    Last edited by .:Chris:.; 09-29-2012 at 01:11 PM.

Pro-Gun. Pro-Rights.
    ௵leoaa777 krazedxboi

Ain't Even FUKCING MAD! Scrizzle's Avatar
    Scrizzle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scrizzle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scrizzle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scrizzle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scrizzle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scrizzle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scrizzle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scrizzle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scrizzle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scrizzle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scrizzle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Made a thread, but didn't get replies. Hopefully will get a better response here? Please help out brahs.

Need a research topic to pick and so far all the ones my group has had have gotten shut down. Need a topic relevant to nursing, but there can't be too much info on it (done to death) or too little info on it (too obscure). A good example is "ventilator associated pneumonia" but the instructors told us that its already been done too much. Any brahs in a BSN program that wouldn't mind sharing their ideas?

Also I was wondering if anyone was familiar with patients that have to go home on antibiotics. Had a patient yesterday that was being discharged with home antibiotics and was wondering what type of medical equipment would they need. Do they go home with those automatic pumps on the pole and the meds? I think the hospital assigned him a home health nurse. Would she show him how to use it? Would he have to pay for that automated pump or just rent it from the hospital?

Please help brahs!

Cliffs:
    - Need research topic
    - Can't have too much/too little info on it
    - Example: ventilator associated pneumonia (but can't do this one since too much info on it)
    - Got any ideas?

-Also, anyone familiar with patients that go home with antibiotics.
    - Patient being discharged with PICC line and antibiotics.
    - Do they go home with that automated pump that administers the med? They have to buy it or rent from hopsital?
    - Home health nurse assigned by hospital to show him how to use?

jehims1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jehims1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jehims1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jehims1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jehims1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jehims1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jehims1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jehims1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jehims1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jehims1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jehims1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Ivan7x View Post
    da fuq?

damit that dont sound good
    if you're already in the ADN program, you're good. Plus, we don't know exactly when ADN schools will be shutting down, but expect to see some ADN schools to vanish within the next few years.

Yea, I know what you mean. I plan on working at a nursing home (I dont have a BSN....second degree) for a year or two, while going for my BSN. Keep in mind that some agencies will help pay or fully pay for your tuition. RN to BSN programs are cheap, too...I think around 7-14k. You should def be able to take classes and work part time or per diem just fine. Plus, if you have a bachelors already, some of your credits will be transferred over and you may be able to knock a semester from the program.

Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Scrizzle View Post
    Let's see. How about recent drug shortages and its effect on nursing. Continuous tube feedings vs bolus feeding and risk of aspiration in vented patients. Delirium in hospital and mortality rates during and after admission. Ambulation of ventilated patients. Family presence during cardiac resuscitation. See if you like any of those

Edit: If any of these topics get shut down, your instructor is a moron...or they're looking for something very specific that you're not telling us

Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by jehims1 View Post
    if you're already in the ADN program, you're good. Plus, we don't know exactly when ADN schools will be shutting down, but expect to see some ADN schools to vanish within the next few years.

Yea, I know what you mean. I plan on working at a nursing home (I dont have a BSN....second degree) for a year or two, while going for my BSN. Keep in mind that some agencies will help pay or fully pay for your tuition. RN to BSN programs are cheap, too...I think around 7-14k. You should def be able to take classes and work part time or per diem just fine. Plus, if you have a bachelors already, some of your credits will be transferred over and you may be able to knock a semester from the program.
    Or you can work at a hospital on an icu or step down unit...work while in school for BSN....transfer to another unit or whatever you desire....profit? Don't go to nursing homes...yes, people are needed to take care of these people, but it's not something you want to be doing

Originally Posted by Rabbitw00t View Post
    Or you can work at a hospital on an icu or step down unit...work while in school for BSN....transfer to another unit or whatever you desire....profit? Don't go to nursing homes...yes, people are needed to take care of these people, but it's not something you want to be doing
    Dont mind if I take this advice lol. So look into ICU rather than nursing home. Damn I love this thread..cant thank everyone enough. Everyone is either motivating me or helping me. Hope its doing this for others as well.

Pro-Gun. Pro-Rights.
    ௵leoaa777 krazedxboi

Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Finally finishing my RN, been working as an LPN for a couple years. Will be done in May, currently in Psych clinicals and a day on Medsurg.
    Benes

jehims1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jehims1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jehims1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jehims1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jehims1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jehims1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jehims1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jehims1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jehims1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jehims1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jehims1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    But majority of the hospitals wont hire ADNs. That's the major issues. So for us ADNs are left with nursing homes and LTC. Even home health you need BSN.
    Hopefully, by the time I graduate, some nurses retire, baby boomers will eventually be needing nursing care, new healthcare reform leads to most visits to hospitals. All these factors can lead to many nursing positions. Healthcare is really unpredictable right now.....o how exciting lol.

But majority of the hospitals wont hire ADNs. That's the major issues. So for us ADNs are left with nursing homes and LTC. Even home health you need BSN.
    Hopefully, by the time I graduate, some nurses retire, baby boomers will eventually be needing nursing care, new healthcare reform leads to most visits to hospitals. All these factors can lead to many nursing positions. Healthcare is really unpredictable right now.....o how exciting lol.
    Majority? 51%? As I said before, there are fine places to get great jobs w/ an ADN. You just need to find them and not be a pansy to move for them. You keep your eye on nursing homes, while deserving brahs shoot for the stars. Do you even lift?

Ain't Even FUKCING MAD! Scrizzle's Avatar
    Scrizzle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scrizzle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scrizzle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scrizzle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scrizzle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scrizzle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scrizzle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scrizzle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scrizzle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scrizzle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scrizzle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Let's see. How about recent drug shortages and its effect on nursing. Continuous tube feedings vs bolus feeding and risk of aspiration in vented patients. Delirium in hospital and mortality rates during and after admission. Ambulation of ventilated patients. Family presence during cardiac resuscitation. See if you like any of those

Edit: If any of these topics get shut down, your instructor is a moron...or they're looking for something very specific that you're not telling us
    Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.

This part is more of a personal interest question and was wondering if you knew anything about this:

Had a patient yesterday that was being discharged with home antibiotics and was wondering what type of medical equipment would they need. Do they go home with those automatic pumps on the pole and the meds? I think the hospital assigned him a home health nurse. Would she show him how to use it? Would he have to pay for that automated pump or just rent it from the hospital?

Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Where are you located because that couldnt be further from the truth here in Ohio. ADNs are getting hired nonstop at all hospitals, BSNs are supervisors for the most part but I know the new trend is for everyone to move towards BSNs. Nursing homes are all LPNs with usually one RN/ADN on staff or shift. Home health is a lot of LPNs and RNs as case managers.
    Benes

Majority? 51%? As I said before, there are fine places to get great jobs w/ an ADN. You just need to find them and not be a pansy to move for them. You keep your eye on nursing homes, while deserving brahs shoot for the stars. Do you even lift?
    Uhh...im in NYC. Almost all the big name magnet status hospitals only hire BSN. A few hospitals hire ADN, but the chance of being employed by a hospital is slim to none, since those hospitals also prefer BSN grads. I never said I wont try for hospitals, but I know how NYC nursing employment is, so I'll have to plan/settle to take a nursing home job. Where do you work? what state?
    I know for big city hospitals in NYC, SF, LA, most NJ hospitals, and even big hospitals in North Carolina are not hiring ADNs. I am hoping my brother (and his connections) along with my friends in the healtcare field could help me out later. But I dont mind settling for nursing homes in the end. It still pays very well for a new grad and I can always ask for OT if I need more money.

Uhh...im in NYC. Almost all the big name magnet status hospitals only hire BSN. A few hospitals hire ADN, but the chance of being employed by a hospital is slim to none, since those hospitals also prefer BSN grads. I never said I wont try for hospitals, but I know how NYC nursing employment is, so I'll have to plan/settle to take a nursing home job. Where do you work? what state?
    I know for big city hospitals in NYC, SF, LA, most NJ hospitals, and even big hospitals in North Carolina are not hiring ADNs. I am hoping my brother (and his connections) along with my friends in the healtcare field could help me out later. But I dont mind settling for nursing homes in the end. It still pays very well for a new grad and I can always ask for OT if I need more money.
    herp derp. what do you expect from nyc or any large, popular city or metropolitan area? Because these are obviously the majority? Yes, it's not easy to find jobs in the northeast as an ADN, but this is such a small % of the job market. Just because you're crying and moping that you have to leave your family for a good job, doesn't mean you can generalize your wooing to the rest of the brahs who are willing to make something of themselves by making the small sacrifice to move away from what is safe

herp derp. what do you expect from nyc or any large, popular city or metropolitan area? Because these are obviously the majority? Yes, it's not easy to find jobs in the northeast as an ADN, but this is such a small % of the job market. Just because you're crying and moping that you have to leave your family for a good job, doesn't mean you can generalize your wooing to the rest of the brahs who are willing to make something of themselves by making the small sacrifice to move away from what is safe
    lol why are u acting like a fkin douche? herp derp? wtf...do you not realize I'm not the only one living in a major city and I'm just letting others know what's going on? BSN's are having difficulties finding a job in the northeast, too. When was I crying and moping about leaving my family for a good job? lol wtf is wrong with you? Are you this douchy in real life, too? When was I wooing other people to not work in a hospital? When did I ever mention other people are not "willing to make something of themselves"?
    Reading is fundamental douche.

lol why are u acting like a fkin douche? herp derp? wtf...do you not realize I'm not the only one living in a major city and I'm just letting others know what's going on? BSN's are having difficulties finding a job in the northeast, too. When was I crying and moping about leaving my family for a good job? lol wtf is wrong with you? Are you this douchy in real life, too? When was I wooing other people to not work in a hospital? When did I ever mention other people are not "willing to make something of themselves"?
    Reading is fundamental douche.
    Naw, you just come off as a know it all, who clearly knows hardly anything. You're the kind of person that will kill patients, so I'd rather you work in a nursing home. Stop posting in the thread, you clearly have nothing meaningful to add

yea ur clearly a douche.
    What part of what i said was false?

Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    To be honest whether you have an ADN or a BSN it all comes down to networking. This is why I highly recommend current students in any health profession to either volunteer or start working at a hospital to network while you're in school. Many of my co-workers have gotten jobs in all the health professions(XR, RT, RN, etc.) just because they worked within the hospital system already. I live in a pretty large city and I've seen many nurses with an ADN get jobs right after graduating. Sadly many students are going through school thinking they'll have many jobs lined up without even having to network or put any effort. Surely they're misinformed.

Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Scrizzle View Post
    Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.

This part is more of a personal interest question and was wondering if you knew anything about this:

Had a patient yesterday that was being discharged with home antibiotics and was wondering what type of medical equipment would they need. Do they go home with those automatic pumps on the pole and the meds? I think the hospital assigned him a home health nurse. Would she show him how to use it? Would he have to pay for that automated pump or just rent it from the hospital?
    I've seen some of our patients go home with picc lines to continue some treatments at home.

Originally Posted by Uh_Oh View Post
    To be honest whether you have an ADN or a BSN it all comes down to networking. This is why I highly recommend current students in any health profession to either volunteer or start working at a hospital to network while you're in school. Many of my co-workers have gotten jobs in all the health professions(XR, RT, RN, etc.) just because they worked within the hospital system already. I live in a pretty large city and I've seen many nurses with an ADN get jobs right after graduating. Sadly many students are going through school thinking they'll have many jobs lined up without even having to network or put any effort. Surely they're misinformed.
    This. It's why working in a hospital as a cna or grabbing a summer externship on a unit of interest gets your foot in the door.

brochacho714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brochacho714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brochacho714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brochacho714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brochacho714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brochacho714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brochacho714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brochacho714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brochacho714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brochacho714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brochacho714 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    First sem. Adn here. Whats up braddahs

Originally Posted by brochacho714 View Post
    First sem. Adn here. Whats up braddahs
    there are a surprising number of first semester adn students here. I wonder why that is

Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    got a 94 on my first a&p exam

*Always pick 4 crew*
    *Dirk>Garnett crew*

Rockets/Texans

Gjdm

Pro-Gun. Pro-Rights.
    ௵leoaa777 krazedxboi

Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    thanks brah

pepperin my angus for the axial skeleton
    *Always pick 4 crew*
    *Dirk>Garnett crew*

Rockets/Texans

Page 12 of 266 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast