Page 254 of 266 FirstFirst ... 154 204 244 252 253 254 255 256 264 ... LastLast
Results 7,591 to 7,620 of 7977
    StickLegs78 is just really nice. (+1000) StickLegs78 is just really nice. (+1000) StickLegs78 is just really nice. (+1000) StickLegs78 is just really nice. (+1000) StickLegs78 is just really nice. (+1000) StickLegs78 is just really nice. (+1000) StickLegs78 is just really nice. (+1000) StickLegs78 is just really nice. (+1000) StickLegs78 is just really nice. (+1000) StickLegs78 is just really nice. (+1000) StickLegs78 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by SoyEnergy View Post
    crna/srna/future srna brahs, im in a dilemma. i got accepted to a MICU in one of the largest hospital in my state. however, CVICU of the same hospital just opened up and I'm still waiting on an interview. how should i go about this? ask if the MICU manager for a week to decide? or should i just stick with MICU?

MICU doesn't seem like a bad place at all. she told me 3 RNs on that unit got accepted to CRNA school this year, not part of the code team for the hospital bc theres x2-3/code a day on the unit itself, bedside procedures, etc. when i was getting a tour on the unit, i felt a comfortable and friendly vibe.

i talked to several SRNAs and was told CVICU is not guaranteed admission for CRNA school. what really matters is how sick the pt is, how much devices you get to play, and how much you put forth into your learning while on the unit more so than just the unit's name. opinions plz
    That MICU sounds like a good fit. It's all about acuity and it sounds like that unit has it. The only thing really missing is interacting with surgeons. But, I don't think it will hold you back at all (even though I was a CT-SICU RN myself).
    CRNA Crew
    Used to be super skinny and now slightly better crew
    Chronic back pain for years, but now better crew

SoyEnergy is a name known to all. (+5000) SoyEnergy is a name known to all. (+5000) SoyEnergy is a name known to all. (+5000) SoyEnergy is a name known to all. (+5000) SoyEnergy is a name known to all. (+5000) SoyEnergy is a name known to all. (+5000) SoyEnergy is a name known to all. (+5000) SoyEnergy is a name known to all. (+5000) SoyEnergy is a name known to all. (+5000) SoyEnergy is a name known to all. (+5000) SoyEnergy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by StickLegs78 View Post
    That MICU sounds like a good fit. It's all about acuity and it sounds like that unit has it. The only thing really missing is interacting with surgeons. But, I don't think it will hold you back at all (even though I was a CT-SICU RN myself).
    thanks brah! i appreciate it
    ☁ ▅▒░☼‿☼░▒▅ ☁ Snort Creatine Crew ☁ ▅▒░☼‿☼░▒▅ ☁

guyman123 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyman123 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyman123 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyman123 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyman123 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyman123 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyman123 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyman123 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyman123 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyman123 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyman123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    thanks brah! i appreciate it
    Previous MICU RN checking in. Occasionally got super sick patients. Moved to an internationally known SICU after a year. Ridiculous acuity. Heart/lung transplants, open hearts, neurosurgeries. Learned more about hemodynamics via Swans, which my MICU didn't have. I can also put it this way - I only know of three people on my last MICU who got into CRNA school. Literally every person who worked in my current SICU and applied to CRNA school got in.

Humble post is humble.
    Student Registered Nurse Anesthetist c/o '21

StickLegs78 is just really nice. (+1000) StickLegs78 is just really nice. (+1000) StickLegs78 is just really nice. (+1000) StickLegs78 is just really nice. (+1000) StickLegs78 is just really nice. (+1000) StickLegs78 is just really nice. (+1000) StickLegs78 is just really nice. (+1000) StickLegs78 is just really nice. (+1000) StickLegs78 is just really nice. (+1000) StickLegs78 is just really nice. (+1000) StickLegs78 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by guyman123 View Post
    Previous MICU RN checking in. Occasionally got super sick patients. Moved to an internationally known SICU after a year. Ridiculous acuity. Heart/lung transplants, open hearts, neurosurgeries. Learned more about hemodynamics via Swans, which my MICU didn't have. I can also put it this way - I only know of three people on my last MICU who got into CRNA school. Literally every person who worked in my current SICU and applied to CRNA school got in.

Humble post is humble.
    You recovering fresh hearts yet, brah? Warm 'em up, wake 'em up.

And Florida hosptial, internationally known: pick 1. Not srs (semi srs).
    CRNA Crew

Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    so it turns out that my families primary care Dr is also one of the lead instructors and part of the admissions board at the PA program at a university near me. I had been considering PA school, but seeing all the wünderkid applicants with obscenely perfect resumes was demoralizing and made me think i didnt stand a chance.

however in talking with her yesterday, she said that they actually value "diversity" of applicants backgrounds more than simply the test scores. she said that they are actively trying to admit more people from backgrounds such as psych, sports med, etc to balance out the overwhelming amount of nurses/emt's that apply. considering i come from sports med with over 5,000 hours of fulltime direct patient care/experience and her information, PA school has become a much more realistic possibility than before.

so my question is: what do you think the future of PA's looks like? i know the healthcare situation in the USA is changing, and will continue to in coming years. do you see PA as a profession that will be marginalized in favor of NP's, lower paid MD's, etc? I have witnessed what has happened to Physical Therapists and Pharmacists (schools pumping out record numbers of grads, saturation, lower salaries, etc). Considering PA school comes with a $100k price tag, i dont want to invest 26 months and $$$ into a profession that could have a down trending future.

many thanks and reps for any insight you guys have.
    Trump 2016
    ~In Love With Taylor Swift Crew~
    Type O Negative is greatest band in universe crew

guyman123 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyman123 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyman123 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyman123 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyman123 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyman123 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyman123 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyman123 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyman123 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyman123 is a name known to all. (+5000) guyman123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You recovering fresh hearts yet, brah? Warm 'em up, wake 'em up.

And Florida hosptial, internationally known: pick 1. Not srs (semi srs).
    Not enough seniority to take fresh hearts/lungs :/ I have taken POD 1s tho. That counts right?

Also, Mayonnaise. Enough said.

Originally Posted by Ted Nugent View Post
    so it turns out that my families primary care Dr is also one of the lead instructors and part of the admissions board at the PA program at a university near me. I had been considering PA school, but seeing all the wünderkid applicants with obscenely perfect resumes was demoralizing and made me think i didnt stand a chance.

however in talking with her yesterday, she said that they actually value "diversity" of applicants backgrounds more than simply the test scores. she said that they are actively trying to admit more people from backgrounds such as psych, sports med, etc to balance out the overwhelming amount of nurses/emt's that apply. considering i come from sports med with over 5,000 hours of fulltime direct patient care/experience and her information, PA school has become a much more realistic possibility than before.

so my question is: what do you think the future of PA's looks like? i know the healthcare situation in the USA is changing, and will continue to in coming years. do you see PA as a profession that will be marginalized in favor of NP's, lower paid MD's, etc? I have witnessed what has happened to Physical Therapists and Pharmacists (schools pumping out record numbers of grads, saturation, lower salaries, etc). Considering PA school comes with a $100k price tag, i dont want to invest 26 months and $$$ into a profession that could have a down trending future.

I say do what your heart desires, bby <3

Originally Posted by Ted Nugent View Post

I know tons of PAs it's a solid job for sure. Zero risk of being "marginalized" - great job outlook, plenty of work. Any profession can be damaged by pumping out too many grads (pt, pharm, lawyers), but I think PAs will be just fine for a long time.

4 of the PAs (all in their 20s and 30s) I work with have parents who are doctors, that should tell you something.

Just remember though, it's a very tough job and you will earn your money just like doctors do.

Not enough seniority to take fresh hearts/lungs :/ I have taken POD 1s tho. That counts right?

Also, Mayonnaise. Enough said.

I say do what your heart desires, bby <3
    Any open arrests yet?

Isn't the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota? (J/k)
    Last edited by StickLegs78; 06-21-2017 at 04:48 PM.
    CRNA Crew

DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I left my solid tumor unit to go to hematology. I saw them give someone 5 patients with chemo. I turned to my student and said I am done with this unit.

They lost their most experienced chemo nurse
    From Houston, now I am in San Diego

Registered Nurse? Or work in the healthcare? Come join
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147557373
    -=Degenerative Disc Disease Crew=-
    -=Torn Pec Crew=-

SoyEnergy is a name known to all. (+5000) SoyEnergy is a name known to all. (+5000) SoyEnergy is a name known to all. (+5000) SoyEnergy is a name known to all. (+5000) SoyEnergy is a name known to all. (+5000) SoyEnergy is a name known to all. (+5000) SoyEnergy is a name known to all. (+5000) SoyEnergy is a name known to all. (+5000) SoyEnergy is a name known to all. (+5000) SoyEnergy is a name known to all. (+5000) SoyEnergy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DatMurse View Post
    I left my solid tumor unit to go to hematology. I saw them give someone 5 patients with chemo. I turned to my student and said I am done with this unit.

They lost their most experienced chemo nurse
    I've always found hematology to be more interesting than solid tumor
    ☁ ▅▒░☼‿☼░▒▅ ☁ Snort Creatine Crew ☁ ▅▒░☼‿☼░▒▅ ☁

Any open arrests yet?

Isn't the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota? (J/k)
    Not yet. Just a bunch of open chests because the donor lungs couldn't fit lol.

murse90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) murse90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) murse90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) murse90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) murse90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) murse90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) murse90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) murse90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) murse90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) murse90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) murse90 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey all. I just want to drop some encouragement and praise for the healthcare workers out there. I'm a RN in the CCU so I'll speak from that perspective. I used to do Med/Surg for (can you believe it) a whopping 3.25 years and time got away from me. I had aspirations of going back to school and doing anesthesia but that couldn't happen with M/S experience. So I just got off a 12 week orientation in Coronary Care Unit and just finished my first week on my own. Since moving to critical care I feel enthhused once again by nursing and really feel that I have a "Career" and not just a job I clock in and out with. I have plans to do CCRN and CMC certs before applying to CRNA school for a DNP. Anyway, for anyone feeling lost, try changing units or acuity levels. I say all the time that just moving units actually felt like moving to a different hospital. Critical care is enthusiastic, young, motivated for higher learning, and full of comraderie. I haven't felt this excitement since nursing school haha.

Just wanted to let this rant out. haha

Originally Posted by murse90 View Post
    Hey all. I just want to drop some encouragement and praise for the healthcare workers out there. I'm a RN in the CCU so I'll speak from that perspective. I used to do Med/Surg for (can you believe it) a whopping 3.25 years and time got away from me. I had aspirations of going back to school and doing anesthesia but that couldn't happen with M/S experience. So I just got off a 12 week orientation in Coronary Care Unit and just finished my first week on my own. Since moving to critical care I feel enthhused once again by nursing and really feel that I have a "Career" and not just a job I clock in and out with. I have plans to do CCRN and CMC certs before applying to CRNA school for a DNP. Anyway, for anyone feeling lost, try changing units or acuity levels. I say all the time that just moving units actually felt like moving to a different hospital. Critical care is enthusiastic, young, motivated for higher learning, and full of comraderie. I haven't felt this excitement since nursing school haha.

Just wanted to let this rant out. haha
    Glad you are having a good experience. Mine was pretty much the opposite. I worked on a cool med-surg step-down floor with lots of young, dedicated nurses. When I got to the SICU, it was a ton of nurses who had been there 20+ years, it just a had a different vibe and was less fun. That's great you found unit with so many young people, but I hope you have some experienced folks too. I guess most of the people I know that are actually good critical nurses are a bit burned out. I think it comes with the territory for most people if you actually doing actual high acuity stuff day in and day out.

Of course, now, I'm a hired gun for a private group playing in someone else's OR.
    CRNA Crew

murse90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) murse90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) murse90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) murse90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) murse90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) murse90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) murse90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) murse90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) murse90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) murse90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) murse90 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Glad you are having a good experience. Mine was pretty much the opposite. I worked on a cool med-surg step-down floor with lots of young, dedicated nurses. When I got to the SICU, it was a ton of nurses who had been there 20+ years, it just a had a different vibe and was less fun. That's great you found unit with so many young people, but I hope you have some experienced folks too. I guess most of the people I know that are actually good critical nurses are a bit burned out. I think it comes with the territory for most people if you actually doing actual high acuity stuff day in and day out.

Of course, now, I'm a hired gun for a private group playing in someone else's OR.
    Yessir, we have experienced nurses dating back to their first year in 1976. They're the "heart" nurses who take the CT Sx patients. On our unit the general rule is that one needs to be here for a year before being able to take those patients. This is probably a sly deterrent as well to retain staff instead of sending them all to graduate school.

Speaking of CT Surgery, I'm in an interesting position as we have no Director of Cardiology so when he left so did the cool stuff like IABP, Impellas, and some LVADs. That directly affects the acuity and skill development of nursing staff. Hopefully the gap is filled and of course, that's where the experienced nurses will shine.

It's tough to hear your SICU was less fun. Around me the SICUs in general have bad reputations of poor comraderie, though perhaps that's just limited to my situation. As a hired gun in the O.R. I bet you're used to high stress.

Although you have a family, how easy is it to pick up SINGLE women as a CRNA?

notsrs.

semisrs.

I'm tired of being a side bish to all these married co-workers, but I still do it to myself anyway and it sucks Tell me it gets better in school.

DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've always found hematology to be more interesting than solid tumor
    definitely is my friend. if they dont make it, it will happen fast. If they do make it, then its awesome. Solid tumor is more depressing by far due to the slow death.

-=Torn Pec Crew=-

Yessir, we have experienced nurses dating back to their first year in 1976. They're the "heart" nurses who take the CT Sx patients. On our unit the general rule is that one needs to be here for a year before being able to take those patients. This is probably a sly deterrent as well to retain staff instead of sending them all to graduate school.

Speaking of CT Surgery, I'm in an interesting position as we have no Director of Cardiology so when he left so did the cool stuff like IABP, Impellas, and some LVADs. That directly affects the acuity and skill development of nursing staff. Hopefully the gap is filled and of course, that's where the experienced nurses will shine.

It's tough to hear your SICU was less fun. Around me the SICUs in general have bad reputations of poor comraderie, though perhaps that's just limited to my situation. As a hired gun in the O.R. I bet you're used to high stress.
    A year is a long time to wait for hearts, but at least it sounds like it will be a pleasant wait.

In terms of stress, I'm a super mellow guy - not a lot phases me, and I get along well with most of the services (pedi, vascular, gen surg) that I work with, so day to day isn't bad at all. I also work part time at an eye center where the stress is a zero.

notsrs.

semisrs.

I'm tired of being a side bish to all these married co-workers, but I still do it to myself anyway and it sucks Tell me it gets better in school.
    I don't know brah, I like to think that if I was single right now at f'n 38yo that I would do all right. I never had issues with girls before (and that was without the big paycheck).

Then again, I was pulling chicks in high school before we had cell phones, banging checks in college before match.com was a thing, and I got married before tinder existed. I know it's a whole different game now, stay safe!!!!
    CRNA Crew

Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sup Brahs. Feels like forever since I posted on here. Last time I was here I just passed NCLEX in 2014. Got a job right out of school in the surgical ICU, but now im working on a psychiatric unit. Currently in Psychiatric NP school. Hope is everyone doing well! Keep doing your thing misc brahs.

spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

notsrs.

semisrs.

I think I've decided you are just not bright. Bro..... don't **** where you eat. I think Ive said that 50 times. The hospital is not a dating service.
    What's Spicy Training For?? LIFE MOTHER F-ER!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155227363

spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Cheezefryz View Post
    Sup Brahs. Feels like forever since I posted on here. Last time I was here I just passed NCLEX in 2014. Got a job right out of school in the surgical ICU, but now im working on a psychiatric unit. Currently in Psychiatric NP school. Hope is everyone doing well! Keep doing your thing misc brahs.
    Tell me...... I've always heard people in psych are either crazy or just epic *******s who treat work as one big source of entertainment.

True?

Originally Posted by spicyprice View Post
    I think I've decided you are just not bright. Bro..... don't **** where you eat. I think Ive said that 50 times. The hospital is not a dating service.
    Requesting permission to be young, dumb, and ignorant at 24.

Requesting permission to be young, dumb, and ignorant at 24.
    The issues, boyo, is that people have long memories, and especially if you end up in anesthesia, it's a small world. No manager wants a guy on the the unit that has a reputation for sleeping with married co-workers. Likewise, I'm on the hiring committee for our group and this kind of stuff would be a red flag for me. It's unstable behavior that can affect a whole unit.

If you want to be a dirtbag, keep in a secret from the people you work with or else it may affect your career. Sorry, brah, Just being real.
    CRNA Crew

The issues, boyo, is that people have long memories, and especially if you end up in anesthesia, it's a small world. No manager wants a guy on the the unit that has a reputation for sleeping with married co-workers. Likewise, I'm on the hiring committee for our group and this kind of stuff would be a red flag for me. It's unstable behavior that can affect a whole unit.

If you want to be a dirtbag, keep in a secret from the people you work with or else it may affect your career. Sorry, brah, Just being real.
    x1000000000000000000

People from work should not know **** about your personal life. ex: when I got divorced, not a soul knew except for the two girls I was best friends with and who I trusted. When I dated, no one knew unless it was turnign into something serious and even then it was just minimal chit chat.

I definitely keep in compartmentalizing personal life from work life. When I hit the clubs Friday and Saturday, I avoid places where people from work would hang out and I pick up women with dudes I don't work with. Even on ******** I'm selective about sharing posts that are too politically "deviant" from the norm of my hospital: progressive, liberal, urban hospital that wants socialized healthcare.

TF though when I don't have romantic chances with people at work. Maybe that's a good thing...

x1000000000000000000

People from work should not know **** about your personal life. ex: when I got divorced, not a soul knew except for the two girls I was best friends with and who I trusted. When I dated, no one knew unless it was turnign into something serious and even then it was just minimal chit chat.
    Def fukked it up with the first co-worker. Hung out with her too much and told one person (a female). That chit spread like wildfire. Pretty sure no one knows about this second one except one of our other co-workers who was downstairs drunk while we were fooling around. And I can't avoid this girl either until I get into CRNA school
    I definitely keep in compartmentalizing personal life from work life. When I hit the clubs Friday and Saturday, I avoid places where people from work would hang out and I pick up women with dudes I don't work with. Even on ******** I'm selective about sharing posts that are too politically "deviant" from the norm of my hospital: progressive, liberal, urban hospital that wants socialized healthcare.

TF though when I don't have romantic chances with people at work. Maybe that's a good thing...
    I knew the co-worker from my last unit that I hooked up with was interested in me. Didn't see the second one coming at all. Just happened to be with her at the right time
    i was messing around with a chick on my unit and even though we ended on "good terms," every time i see her it annoys tf out of me and every thing she does would i find flaws in it. i became a hater towards her and I'm usually a chill guy...*2 cents emoji*
    This is how it is with the chick on my current unit. I get this unsettling feeling whenever I see that she's working, although we still talk to each other the entire shift when we both work.

i was messing around with a chick on my unit and even though we ended on "good terms," every time i see her it annoys tf out of me and every thing she does would i find flaws in it. i became a hater towards her and I'm usually a chill guy...*2 cents emoji*

on a different note, i looked up my preceptor's fb for my new unit and she's cute af hnngggg
    It's nature to hate. she could be hng but she could also be crazy hng..... no one acts normal during a breakup. even if it was never a relationship. Just sayin.

Def fukked it up with the first co-worker. Hung out with her too much and told one person (a female). That chit spread like wildfire. Pretty sure no one knows about this second one except one of our other co-workers who was downstairs drunk while we were fooling around. And I can't avoid this girl either until I get into CRNA school

I knew the co-worker from my last unit that I hooked up with was interested in me. Didn't see the second one coming at all. Just happened to be with her at the right time

This is how it is with the chick on my current unit. I get this unsettling feeling whenever I see that she's working, although we still talk to each other the entire shift when we both work.
    One day.........

FB I DGAF. Drop red pills right and left. But personal relationships is a different thing...

clodoveo1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) clodoveo1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) clodoveo1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) clodoveo1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) clodoveo1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) clodoveo1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) clodoveo1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) clodoveo1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) clodoveo1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) clodoveo1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) clodoveo1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    How import is grades when completing BSN?

I was a mostly straight A student who went in with a 3.7 GPA to nursing school. I have NEVER been a guy who makes excuses however my current school is an absolute joke as it is a new program. They CONSTANTLY change program structure and hire chitty new teachers who know nothing because they are trying to fill spots. My gpa has dropped to 3.0 even though sadly I am the Top 3 in my class of 40. Its too late for me to switch programs as I probably won't be able to transfer.

They also have a fuked up grading scale, 92-94 is A- (3.75 in GPA wise) and 88-92 is a FUKING B-. They also do not round. I have had 3 straight classes where I have been stuck with a B+ by less than 0.5 point

I am in Med Sur II right now. They have yet again switched testing from HESI to ATI format.

Give me some advice brahs. I have one year left. Will rep

It's nature to hate. she could be hng but she could also be crazy hng..... no one acts normal during a breakup. even if it was never a relationship. Just sayin.

One day.........
    SPICY. WHAT THE FUK.

When your hook up from your LAST HOSPITAL finds out about your hook up now. HOW???
    Originally Posted by clodoveo1 View Post
    How import is grades when completing BSN?

I was a mostly straight A student who went in with a 3.7 GPA to nursing school. I have NEVER been a guy who makes excuses however my current school is an absolute joke as it is a new program. They CONSTANTLY change program structure and hire chitty new teachers who know nothing because they are trying to fill spots. My gpa has dropped to 3.0 even though sadly I am the Top 3 in my class of 40. Its too late for me to switch programs as I probably won't be able to transfer.

They also have a fuked up grading scale, 92-94 is A- (3.75 in GPA wise) and 88-92 is a FUKING B-. They also do not round. I have had 3 straight classes where I have been stuck with a B+ by less than 0.5 point

I am in Med Sur II right now. They have yet again switched testing from HESI to ATI format.

Give me some advice brahs. I have one year left. Will rep
    Went into uni nursing school with a 3.7 from a CC. Graduated with a 3.2 only because I was 18 when I started and didn't aim for the As needed for grad school. Then I grew up and realized I needed good grades, so I took grad classes at the university I want to attend for CRNA and got As in all of them (they only accept the first nine credit hours if you take graduate classes outside of a program).
    Also got my CCRN. Just need to get decent GRE scores. If I don't get in the first time, I'm going to take the CMC to beef up my application.

If you end up graduating with a chit GPA and are trying to get into grad programs, taking grad classes as a non-degree seeking student and getting As in them like I did shows the admission committee that you're willing to put that effort into a graduate level program. My program didn't round grades either. Also how does 92-94 = A- and 88-92 = B-? Where's a regular B?
    Last edited by guyman123; 06-28-2017 at 06:29 AM.

VitaCrave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VitaCrave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VitaCrave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VitaCrave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VitaCrave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VitaCrave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VitaCrave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VitaCrave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VitaCrave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VitaCrave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VitaCrave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hope everyone is doing well, currently working on a PCU/Neuro floor as a tech while I finish school.

10 more months then I take my nclex and hopefully go into critical care
    Origin of "Rape Sloth" meme:
    http://imgur.com/a/KITDV

When your hook up from your LAST HOSPITAL finds out about your hook up now. HOW???
    should stop now brah, unless you are going to move. You shouldnt tarnsh your image.

be a travel nurse and bang around, other than that dont do this.

-=Torn Pec Crew=-

Page 254 of 266 FirstFirst ... 154 204 244 252 253 254 255 256 264 ... LastLast