Evil_D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Evil_D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Evil_D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Evil_D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Evil_D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Evil_D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Evil_D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Evil_D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Evil_D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Evil_D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Evil_D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Co-Workers Constantly Put on Light Duties

I work in a place that constantly hires people who repeatedly go on light duties.

Never been put on light duties myself and I've been there 8 years.

Since I do more than my share of the physical work, will it end in a shorter career because of wear and tear on the body?

I feel like Boxer from Animal Farm.
    ...and according to which an ensign might rank incomparably higher than a general, and according to which what was needed for success in the service was not effort or work, or courage, or perseverance, but only the knowledge of how to get on with those who can grant rewards, and he was himself often surprised at the rapidity of his success, and at the inability of others to understand these things

Evil_D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Evil_D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Evil_D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Evil_D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Evil_D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Evil_D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Evil_D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Evil_D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Evil_D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Evil_D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Evil_D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's almost like mind game sometimes.
    You ask someone to do their job properly and they come back with "oh, I'm on light duties." Great, why doesn't a supervisor bother to tell me this?
    ...and according to which an ensign might rank incomparably higher than a general, and according to which what was needed for success in the service was not effort or work, or courage, or perseverance, but only the knowledge of how to get on with those who can grant rewards, and he was himself often surprised at the rapidity of his success, and at the inability of others to understand these things

CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    you work at amazon?

Originally Posted by CanardMedic View Post
    you work at amazon?
    negative

5'3" 300lbs Fudge Rounds Jasonw1178's Avatar
    Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Sounds like they have learned to work the system and your employer is letting it happen.

Only way I can relate is a long time ago I went to work at a Chevy dealer and I was supposed to work under the lead tech as an apprentice but there was this old man that worked there that had physical problems and soon they had me basically doing all his work while he sat there in a chair making all the pay for the work. Guy didn't know how to do anything so I couldn't learn anything from him. Told the manager how I felt and said to either give me the job with the pay or I quit. They said they couldn't do that to him. I quit.

IMO, once you get where you can't do a job anymore, it's time to do something else.

LargePeter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LargePeter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LargePeter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LargePeter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LargePeter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LargePeter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LargePeter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LargePeter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LargePeter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LargePeter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LargePeter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Evil_D View Post
    Great, why doesn't a supervisor bother to tell me this?
    Because just like the Misc, no one there respects you
    RAW DOG CREW LIEUTENANT

LandLORD Crew
    Piss In Sink Crew
    Waffle Stomp Crew
    President Donald J Trump Crew
    Misc Lifters Crew
    Mustang Crew
    Robert Pickton Hooker Disposal Crew
    White Conservative Heterosexual Male Who IS a White Supremacist Crew (Ded fkn Srs)

Originally Posted by LargePeter View Post
    Because just like the Misc, no one there respects you
    imagine my shock, this beta, passive aggressive nu-male with more bitching.
    You were clearly raised by women.
    You act like one to this day.
    But that's the way you like I'm sure, phayggget.

1Cthulu1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1Cthulu1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1Cthulu1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1Cthulu1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1Cthulu1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1Cthulu1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1Cthulu1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1Cthulu1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1Cthulu1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1Cthulu1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1Cthulu1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Evil_D View Post
    I work in a place that constantly hires people who repeatedly go on light duties.

Never been put on light duties myself and I've been there 8 years.

Since I do more than my share of the physical work, will it end in a shorter career because of wear and tear on the body?

I feel like Boxer from Animal Farm.
    What you really need to ask yourself is if you feel like you are being compensated enough for not being a lazy POS? If that is the kind of clownish nonsense you work with, why are you not a manager? If you are a manager is there a part of the hiring process you could tweak to screen out lazy buffoons? Countless news articles talk about how clever various multibillion dollar companies set up interviews that screen out prospective employees for not cleaning up their trash after being provided a drink/snack or some other trivial task that any non-sloth would simply do as second nature.