Page 15 of 265 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 115 ... LastLast
    .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Rabbitw00t View Post
    some people naturally take shallow breaths, causing some fluid to build up in the bases. Have him take a few nice deep breaths and then listen again. If it goes away, no big deal
    Re-quoting this post because I just tried it again and it sounds clear now. Thanks again for the tip!
    RN/Healthcare Crew - FGC Crew

Registered Nurse? Or work in the healthcare? Come join
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147557373
    Pro-Gun. Pro-Rights.
    ௵leoaa777 krazedxboi

iBrooklyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iBrooklyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iBrooklyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iBrooklyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iBrooklyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iBrooklyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iBrooklyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iBrooklyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iBrooklyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iBrooklyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iBrooklyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I got a lab midterm ( a&p1) this saturday. Any brahs wana give me tips

P.s. also got an 84 on my first psychology test. Notbad.jpg. reps to above 5^ because I thought I failed
    Nursing Student

>< Manchester United ><
    Fractured arm:Jan 16 2014
    Torn meniscus: April 28 2014

DIDNT ASK LOL

.:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by iBrooklyn View Post
    I got a lab midterm ( a&p1) this saturday. Any brahs wana give me tips

P.s. also got an 84 on my first psychology test. Notbad.jpg. reps to above 5^ because I thought I failed
    Sure, I'm sure a lot of us will be willing to give you tips in preparation (peppering the angus) for your lab midterm but can you elaborate on how the previous lab was evaluated/graded ? Was it just naming and identifying the body parts or was there something more to it? If you own an iphone/android and havent picked up Speed Anatomy app, I suggest you do so lol. Great to study with while being in the bathroom.

Some of the study tactics that I used to do was bringing a list of the information that I had to memorize to work. I would read the name then point to where it is. I would then do it vice versa. I had a separate piece of paper with a drawing to check myself. Also brought flash cards with me to work and would go over it throughout the shift.
    Visualizing while studying helps in my opinion. Give yourself self-tests and make sure you can name, label, ect the anatomical figures.

I think the number 1 advice I could give anyone is to go over lab stuff every day. You want to instill this information into your brain. Everyday, even if its only 15-30mins a day, just going over and reciting and memorizing what anatomical figure and where it is will help. By the time you get to your exam, you should be able to breeze through it. AnP1-2 isnt one of those courses where you just remember then you forget..this stuff will follow you throughout your nursing career both in school and outside of school.

Good job on the Psychology test. I enjoyed Psych..Sociology on the other hand, I found boring lol. Could have been the Prof. though because he taught with a monotonic voice.
    Last edited by .:Chris:.; 10-10-2012 at 06:19 PM.

Pro-Gun. Pro-Rights.
    ௵leoaa777 krazedxboi

Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    lab was on parts of microscope and differences between animal and plant cells ( never taken bio) so i didnt know them

oh well
    *Always pick 4 crew*
    *Dirk>Garnett crew*

Rockets/Texans

Originally Posted by Ivan7x View Post
    lab was on parts of microscope and differences between animal and plant cells ( never taken bio) so i didnt know them

oh well
    You guys didnt go over animal cells vs plant cells? Kind weird how they would test you on material that wasnt taught in class.

Pro-Gun. Pro-Rights.
    ௵leoaa777 krazedxboi

Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by .:Chris:. View Post
    You guys didnt go over animal cells vs plant cells? Kind weird how they would test you on material that wasnt taught in class.
    yea brah remember how i told u she said that if u didnt take bio prior to this class u might struggle? well i think it only pertained to this lab so im not even rustled

this is suppose to be "review"
    *Always pick 4 crew*
    *Dirk>Garnett crew*

Rockets/Texans

yea brah remember how i told u she said that if u didnt take bio prior to this class u might struggle? well i think it only pertained to this lab so im not even rustled

this is suppose to be "review"
    Ahhh... ok. Yeah just do well for the rest of the practicals and that one shouldnt hurt you.

Btw just like how they want you to take bio prior to anp1, its also good to take medical terminology prior to anp1-2 and def before nursing ..but thats if your college has that course available. If it is available, see if you can take it during winter before taking AnP2. I think it helps out a lot. Medical Terminology is like learning the basics of another language, which in our case its the language of the health/medical field.

Oh and Bio and MicroBio isnt too hard. I found them easier than AnP1-2

Edit: If you took medical terminology already disregard most of this post lol.
    Last edited by .:Chris:.; 10-10-2012 at 06:33 PM.

Pro-Gun. Pro-Rights.
    ௵leoaa777 krazedxboi

Originally Posted by .:Chris:. View Post
    Ahhh... ok. Yeah just do well for the rest of the practicals and that one shouldnt hurt you.

Btw just like how they want you to take bio prior to anp1, its also good to take medical terminology prior to anp1-2 and def before nursing ..but thats if your college has that course available. If it is available, see if you can take it during winter before taking AnP2. I think it helps out a lot. Medical Terminology is like learning the basics of another language, which in our case its the language of the health/medical field.

Oh and Bio and MicroBio isnt too hard. I found them easier than AnP1-2

Edit: If you took medical terminology already disregard most of this post lol.
    yea she said to take that 2 medical terminology doesnt seem that hard to learn

i might take it next semester along with a&p 2 and i got news today the next exam will be online feelsgoodman
    *Always pick 4 crew*
    *Dirk>Garnett crew*

Rockets/Texans

iBrooklyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iBrooklyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iBrooklyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iBrooklyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iBrooklyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iBrooklyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iBrooklyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iBrooklyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iBrooklyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iBrooklyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iBrooklyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    So i just want to get this straight.

There are 4 kinds of tissue

a. Nervous
    b. Muscular
    c. Connective
    d. Epithelial

In epithelial you can have either

Simple or Stratified

Simple
    • Simple Epithelial
    • Simple Cuboidal
    • Simple Columnar
    Stratified
    • Stratified Epithelial
    • Stratified Cuboidal
    • Stratified Columnar

And then there's two more called Transitional epithelial and Glandular epithelial.

Am i understanding it right?
    Nursing Student

>< Manchester United ><

DIDNT ASK LOL

So i just want to get this straight.

There are 4 kinds of tissue

a. Nervous
    b. Muscular
    c. Connective
    d. Epithelial

In epithelial you can have either

Simple or Stratified

Simple
    • Simple Epithelial
    • Simple Cuboidal
    • Simple Columnar
    Stratified
    • Stratified Epithelial
    • Stratified Cuboidal
    • Stratified Columnar

And then there's two more called Transitional epithelial and Glandular epithelial.

Am i understanding it right?
    i think youre forgetting pseudostratified? (dont think its 2 important)

but yea for the most part thats it for epithilial
    *Always pick 4 crew*
    *Dirk>Garnett crew*

Rockets/Texans

i think youre forgetting pseudostratified? (dont think its 2 important)

but yea for the most part thats it for epithilial
    Yeah forgot to mention that.

And can anyone help me out w/ connective tissue now lol?

From my understanding there's 11 types of connective tissue?
    aerolar, adipose, reticular, dense regular connective, dense irregular connective elastic connective, hyaline cartilage, fibrocartilage, elastic cartilage, bone, & blood.

and then loose connective tissue come into play in this scheme.

i just need help branching out these things/organizing them in the right cateogries tbh
    Nursing Student

>< Manchester United ><

DIDNT ASK LOL

yowtfisthis is just really nice. (+1000) yowtfisthis is just really nice. (+1000) yowtfisthis is just really nice. (+1000) yowtfisthis is just really nice. (+1000) yowtfisthis is just really nice. (+1000) yowtfisthis is just really nice. (+1000) yowtfisthis is just really nice. (+1000) yowtfisthis is just really nice. (+1000) yowtfisthis is just really nice. (+1000) yowtfisthis is just really nice. (+1000) yowtfisthis is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yeah forgot to mention that.

And can anyone help me out w/ connective tissue now lol?

From my understanding there's 11 types of connective tissue?
    aerolar, adipose, reticular, dense regular connective, dense irregular connective elastic connective, hyaline cartilage, fibrocartilage, elastic cartilage, bone, & blood.

and then loose connective tissue come into play in this scheme.

i just need help branching out these things/organizing them in the right cateogries tbh
    Ok brah. So you have the connective tissues, I broke them down like this. When I thought of CT, I thought of this:

Connective Tissues, actual like TISSUES:
    Dense Regular CT
    Aereolar CT
    Reticular CT
    Elastic CT

Then I remembered the Cartilage:
    Elastic
    Hyaline
    Fibrocartilage

Then the others in a misc category:
    Bone
    Blood
    Adipose

I just took a lecture exam on this, and it was my first lab practical.. lol. Think I 100%'d the lecture exam. Any questions just ask brah.
    Starting weight - 350lbs
    *Lost over 150lbs crew*
    *WetBreasts is gonna make it crew*

Originally Posted by yowtfisthis View Post
    Ok brah. So you have the connective tissues, I broke them down like this. When I thought of CT, I thought of this:

Connective Tissues, actual like TISSUES:
    Dense Regular CT
    Aereolar CT
    Reticular CT
    Elastic CT

Then I remembered the Cartilage:
    Elastic
    Hyaline
    Fibrocartilage

Then the others in a misc category:
    Bone
    Blood
    Adipose

I just took a lecture exam on this, and it was my first lab practical.. lol. Think I 100%'d the lecture exam. Any questions just ask brah.
    Thanks brah really helped loads lol.
    Nursing Student

>< Manchester United ><

DIDNT ASK LOL

Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Had my first clinical at a nursing home.. I was really nervous at first, but once I got in there it wasn't bad. My patient was a long term CVA patient with paralysis on the right side. Bipolar/depression and dysarthria, It was really hard to communicate with him because he could understand me, but was only able to say yes, or no, or yeah man. And sometimes no meant yes, and yes meant no. But when I started talking about football/baseball, and specifically the Orioles, his eyes would light up and would try his best to communicate with me. All in all it was a good learning experience. Told me that he hated it at the nursing home and wanted to see his family, made me sad brahs

eaglehdz21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eaglehdz21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eaglehdz21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eaglehdz21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eaglehdz21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eaglehdz21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eaglehdz21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eaglehdz21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eaglehdz21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eaglehdz21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eaglehdz21 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    brahs got my first job offer in a medical department at a hospital. anybody have experience in a medical department or any other similiar unit? i eventually want to transfer to either icu, cath lab, ER but i know most hospitals will require some experience first.

Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by eaglehdz21 View Post
    brahs got my first job offer in a medical department at a hospital. anybody have experience in a medical department or any other similiar unit? i eventually want to transfer to either icu, cath lab, ER but i know most hospitals will require some experience first.
    Congrats on the job bro.

Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Good job. Get ready to give A LOT of meds with half assed assessments. You will be very busy depending on how many patients they give you.

LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nice, location? and how long did it take from graduation to get this job?

Im assuming a "medical department" means a med surg floor, keep me updated on your transition

eaglehdz21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eaglehdz21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eaglehdz21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eaglehdz21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eaglehdz21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eaglehdz21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eaglehdz21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eaglehdz21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eaglehdz21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eaglehdz21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eaglehdz21 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by LongLong89 View Post
    Nice, location? and how long did it take from graduation to get this job?

Im assuming a "medical department" means a med surg floor, keep me updated on your transition
    South texas. This hospital actually has a its own "medical floor." Both the medical and surgical floors are separate.

Good job. Get ready to give A LOT of meds with half assed assessments. You will be very busy depending on how many patients they give you.
    thats good to hear. i have a couple days to decide. Only downfall is the unit manager wants a a sort of verbal commitment that i will stay within there unit for around 2 years.

Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    South texas. This hospital actually has a its own "medical floor." Both the medical and surgical floors are separate.

thats good to hear. i have a couple days to decide. Only downfall is the unit manager wants a a sort of verbal commitment that i will stay within there unit for around 2 years.
    It's not good to hear. It's going to be a crappy job with a manager that's trying to guilt trip you. Just don't sign anything. Apply to the ICU asap

LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Going to cath lab tomorrow to observe...my angus not peppered for nurses/docs to quiz me on stuff ( which they always like to pick on students)

Have a bunch of questions i need to answer in a short paper, any cardiac RNs here?

Going to cath lab tomorrow to observe...my angus not peppered for nurses/docs to quiz me on stuff ( which they always like to pick on students)

Have a bunch of questions i need to answer in a short paper, any cardiac RNs here?
    Sounds exciting but nerve racking at the same time lol.

Pro-Gun. Pro-Rights.
    ௵leoaa777 krazedxboi

F23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) F23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) F23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) F23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) F23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) F23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) F23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) F23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) F23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) F23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) F23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Did not know this thread existed.

Much respect to the future RN's of the misc. I'll take a murse over a nurse, just sayin.
    Misc Med Crew

Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It's not good to hear. It's going to be a crappy job with a manager that's trying to guilt trip you. Just don't sign anything. Apply to the ICU asap
    Why would an ICU hire a new grad?

Throw out the questions and i'm sure you'll get answers. they're not going to ask you hard stuff. simple anatomy and physiology of coronary artery disease should suffice imo. Atherosclerotic plaque builds up in coronary arteries, narrowing them, decreasing blood flow and oxygen to heart. patients will have symptoms of angina. Will normally be on nitrates to dilate vessels and increase oxygen supply. patients will have dyspnea with exertion due to increased oxygen demand that the body can't meet. Atherosclerotic blockage(s) stop flow and oxygen, causing ischemia and then infarct. Plaque could break off and cause blockage in the heart causing infarct or go to brain causing stroke.

It's also not a bad idea to know normal cardiac output (4-8 L/min), and pressures throughout the heart. CVP 2-5 mmhg depending who you ask. pulmonary capillary wedge pressure 6-12mmhg. But I doubt these will be necessary

Originally Posted by Uh_Oh View Post
    Why would an ICU hire a new grad?
    I was hired as a new grad into a level 1 trauma's MICU / SICU. New grads are cheap labor.
    Last edited by Rabbitw00t; 10-15-2012 at 09:40 AM.

Sup future RN brahs. Hows the semester going along?

Just saw one of my professors today during office hours asking her bull**** questions and seeming to care. Hopefully my sucking up will due me good
    Nursing Student

>< Manchester United ><

DIDNT ASK LOL

Just saw one of my professors today during office hours asking her bull**** questions and seeming to care. Hopefully my sucking up will due me good
    I'm doing pretty good so far. Passed the first lecture exam. I think I was the only male out of the 3 in my clinical group that passed it so I kind of feel good about that (Not sure about the other males in the lecture class though). I have my second exam (lecture) and clinical/lab practical coming up at the end of this month so I'm going to be stressed again.

I shouldn't have looked at the finals date because its so close and there's so much to study for lol. I'm ahead about 1 week in lecture reading/assignments/notes so hopefully it ll benefit me with some dedicated studying days.
    Last edited by .:Chris:.; 10-15-2012 at 09:44 AM.

Pro-Gun. Pro-Rights.
    ௵leoaa777 krazedxboi

Worked for me. I tried to stay low in school. Males are easy targets.

just came back from cath lab...

I have to say...nurses who work in these departments i've been to know there sh!t, but at the same time...on a normal basis don't seem to really have to put it into practice.

I saw a couple diagnostics as well as stents put in, most of the prep, assisting the physician during the procedure was done by the specialized xray techs (2 in the room - 1 at the computers, 1 is gowned...and they knew their sh!t as well). I'm sure the nurse has more going on in her head but all she was physically doing was writing things down and moving one thing to another place. Did not want.

just came back from cath lab...

I have to say...nurses who work in these departments i've been to know there sh!t, but at the same time...on a normal basis don't seem to really have to put it into practice.

I saw a couple diagnostics as well as stents put in, most of the prep, assisting the physician during the procedure was done by the specialized xray techs (2 in the room - 1 at the computers, 1 is gowned...and they knew their sh!t as well). I'm sure the nurse has more going on in her head but all she was physically doing was writing things down and moving one thing to another place. Did not want.
    You won't see the awesome extent of nursing until your critical care rotation. Prepare your angus