Page 11 of 266 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast
    yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by yup123 View Post
    =[ .

edit: this is actually a good thing, I can ask you guys for help!
    does anybody have a good format they like to follow for these types of essays? I'm so damn lost, I can kill an english lit essay but this is a whole different beast

.:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I always get nosy around Rad students..I'm always watching outside of their classrooms lol

RN/Healthcare Crew - FGC Crew

Registered Nurse? Or work in the healthcare? Come join
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147557373
    Pro-Gun. Pro-Rights.
    ௵leoaa777 krazedxboi

Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    does anybody have a good format they like to follow for these types of essays? I'm so damn lost, I can kill an english lit essay but this is a whole different beast
    Each is a bit different. What is your assignment? Does the teacher want certain questions answered? First thing I do is wiki search the topic. Understand all the basics. If something really appeals to you, check the reference at the bottom of the wiki. Next head over to you schools library website and search under the "Medline" database. or CINAHL. Find articles, change around your search criteria. READ the articles to get a general jist. While reading the articles you can see how they are set up. Are they talking about epidemiology, advantages/disadvantages, uses, effectiveness. With these sub topics, you start to form an outline and then fill in the gaps. Give us some more information

yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Rabbitw00t View Post
    Each is a bit different. What is your assignment? Does the teacher want certain questions answered? First thing I do is wiki search the topic. Understand all the basics. If something really appeals to you, check the reference at the bottom of the wiki. Next head over to you schools library website and search under the "Medline" database. or CINAHL. Find articles, change around your search criteria. READ the articles to get a general jist. While reading the articles you can see how they are set up. Are they talking about epidemiology, advantages/disadvantages, uses, effectiveness. With these sub topics, you start to form an outline and then fill in the gaps. Give us some more information
    I am supposed to write a reflective scholarly apa style essay regarding the image of nursing.
    Using 2 articles located through cinahl/medline (ive already found 2) and 1 other source

.:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I am supposed to write a reflective scholarly apa style essay regarding the image of nursing.
    Using 2 articles located through cinahl/medline (ive already found 2) and 1 other source
    So you need help with the format like setting it up? The format that we're suppose to follow is like this at my college

http://bcs.bedfordstmartins.com/resd...9_s1-0009.html

Pro-Gun. Pro-Rights.
    ௵leoaa777 krazedxboi

sBEASTc will become famous soon enough. (+50) sBEASTc will become famous soon enough. (+50) sBEASTc will become famous soon enough. (+50) sBEASTc will become famous soon enough. (+50) sBEASTc will become famous soon enough. (+50) sBEASTc will become famous soon enough. (+50) sBEASTc will become famous soon enough. (+50) sBEASTc will become famous soon enough. (+50) sBEASTc will become famous soon enough. (+50) sBEASTc will become famous soon enough. (+50) sBEASTc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by .:Chris:. View Post
    I always get nosy around Rad students..I'm always watching outside of their classrooms lol

U gonna get radiated...

Not srs.

The other day we had a woman bring her daughter in for an x-ray and wanted to stay in the room while I took the x-ray. I told her to put on a lead apron (to save her the unecessary radiation exposure) an she said "it's ok, I'm a nurse, I'm exposed to radiation all the time".

Lol silly nurse, thinking more radiation exposure makes you immune or something

Originally Posted by sBEASTc View Post
    U gonna get radiated...

Not srs.

The other day we had a woman bring her daughter in for an x-ray and wanted to stay in the room while I took the x-ray. I told her to put on a lead apron (to save her the unecessary radiation exposure) an she said "it's ok, I'm a nurse, I'm exposed to radiation all the time".

Lol silly nurse, thinking more radiation exposure makes you immune or something
    No its true..during orientation we were exposed to radiation so we can be immune.

Troll face.mpeg

Pro-Gun. Pro-Rights.
    ௵leoaa777 krazedxboi

sBEASTc will become famous soon enough. (+50) sBEASTc will become famous soon enough. (+50) sBEASTc will become famous soon enough. (+50) sBEASTc will become famous soon enough. (+50) sBEASTc will become famous soon enough. (+50) sBEASTc will become famous soon enough. (+50) sBEASTc will become famous soon enough. (+50) sBEASTc will become famous soon enough. (+50) sBEASTc will become famous soon enough. (+50) sBEASTc will become famous soon enough. (+50) sBEASTc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No its true..during orientation we were exposed to radiation so we can be immune.

Troll face.mpeg
    Nice...we actually mutate and have superpowers by the time x-ray school is over

Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rabbitw00t is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by sBEASTc View Post
    Nice...we actually mutate and have superpowers by the time x-ray school is over
    At the hospital I worked at, nearly all of the xray techs did not wear lead. Young and old. They just didn't give a fuu. Pretty sad actually. Yes they'd step out of the room, but sometimes they were needed to stay in the room to stabilize the xray plate

Originally Posted by Rabbitw00t View Post
    At the hospital I worked at, nearly all of the xray techs did not wear lead. Young and old. They just didn't give a fuu. Pretty sad actually. Yes they'd step out of the room, but sometimes they were needed to stay in the room to stabilize the xray plate
    Yeah that happens quite a bit, in the x-ray department there are lead-lined walls and glass to step behind when taking the exposure, but out of the department and when holding a plate or patient, they should really be protecting themselves. Brb getting thyroid cancer...

LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    got a 84 on my OB exam...feelsokayman....wish I did better but holy ****

one thing i hate about exams in nursing school...some of the questions aren't really important points that you think professors would test you on but bunch of very specific questions that if you missed one line of reading or just happen to space out during lecture you'd get it incorrect. Also crappy questions like "knowing your patient is muslim, what considerations would be important..blah blah blah- correct answer = have the patient be taken care of by only female nurses". I mean obviously i got the answer correct but wtf? Reading tons of chapters just to answer dumb **** like this.

Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm a contract administrator who oversees about 70 RNs/techs/doctors. I must say, medical field people can pick and choose where ever they want to work. It's hard finding qualified candidates though. I work in the legal field but I'm kinda jelly. You guys change lives, I just legalize it.
    Never forget where you came from.

LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LongLong89 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Boxerz View Post
    I'm a contract administrator who oversees about 70 RNs/techs/doctors. I must say, medical field people can pick and choose where ever they want to work. It's hard finding qualified candidates though. I work in the legal field but I'm kinda jelly. You guys change lives, I just legalize it.
    what degree do you have? also are you on the floors or is it just paper work?

rjordan562 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjordan562 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjordan562 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjordan562 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjordan562 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjordan562 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjordan562 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjordan562 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjordan562 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjordan562 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjordan562 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Pre nursing major checking in. Basically have to get a 4.0 on pre reqs to stay in nursing school
    Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.

dreyescairo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dreyescairo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dreyescairo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dreyescairo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dreyescairo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dreyescairo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dreyescairo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dreyescairo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dreyescairo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dreyescairo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dreyescairo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Ok, so I am doing my anatomy with lab for nursing pre req. Is anyone else finding it hard as hell? For nursing, my class feels a little too thorough. This week is inferior limb Myology and in 7 days I have to memorize each muscle and tendon as well as the origin and insertion for each one. Then we have an oral quiz and written test on it at the end of the week aside from all the homework AND each test has stuff about the next chapter so they expect us to go over the next chapter during the week while we are still learning the current weeks stuff. That's how it's been every week with everything thus far. That's just lab. for lecture it's same thing but on general ideas and principles and we are chapters ahead in lecture than in lab which throws me off every week. It just seems hard when I have other classes and a job. Please tell me I'm not the only one having a hard time with this lol.

Originally Posted by dreyescairo View Post
    Yep, thats how it is. I used to bring notes, flash cards, used phone apps, ect..to study during work. I posted some suggestions a few pages back that might help you out for AnP.
    Last edited by .:Chris:.; 09-29-2012 at 10:29 AM.

Pro-Gun. Pro-Rights.
    ௵leoaa777 krazedxboi

BoneSkinny is a name known to all. (+5000) BoneSkinny is a name known to all. (+5000) BoneSkinny is a name known to all. (+5000) BoneSkinny is a name known to all. (+5000) BoneSkinny is a name known to all. (+5000) BoneSkinny is a name known to all. (+5000) BoneSkinny is a name known to all. (+5000) BoneSkinny is a name known to all. (+5000) BoneSkinny is a name known to all. (+5000) BoneSkinny is a name known to all. (+5000) BoneSkinny is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by LongLong89 View Post
    How do you feel about the oversaturation of pharmacists (from what i hear and read online only) , Or is your area still good for pharm grads?
    I'm not worried about it (srs)

There are many pharmacist jobs posted at every hospital in Cincinnati despite many pharmacy schools in Ohio. Also, I've worked with same company for 5 years so far so I should be promised a spot with no problem.

In addition, with new healthcare (although no one knows for sure what changes it will make to health professions) 30+ million more people will have insurance. That's a lot more prescriptions.

Ok, so I am doing my anatomy with lab for nursing pre req. Is anyone else finding it hard as hell? For nursing, my class feels a little too thorough. This week is inferior limb Myology and in 7 days I have to memorize each muscle and tendon as well as the origin and insertion for each one. Then we have an oral quiz and written test on it at the end of the week aside from all the homework AND each test has stuff about the next chapter so they expect us to go over the next chapter during the week while we are still learning the current weeks stuff. That's how it's been every week with everything thus far. That's just lab. for lecture it's same thing but on general ideas and principles and we are chapters ahead in lecture than in lab which throws me off every week. It just seems hard when I have other classes and a job. Please tell me I'm not the only one having a hard time with this lol.
    A&P is easy. Especially after lifting weights for years, you already know most of the muscles.
    --= C.E.O. of Pharmacy Rₓ Crew =--
    ~* nO CoNDeM CreW *~
    ++ Positive Misc ++
    ## Always pick 1 crew ##

Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uh_Oh has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You just got to grind it out. No shortcuts to memorizing.

Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    In first semester of nursing school... pretty overwhelmed so far, but I am excited for the future. Just gotta stay grinding. P.s. Girls all over you in nursing school as long you have a nice face and good body, smashed one girl already, but it could get awkward in the future.

First year-first semester nursing students, how is your clinical so far? Interested how your experience and thoughts on your clinical.

Mine was kind of demoralizing. I came in very confident, knew what to do and knew what to look for, wasnt nervous one bit. But then I was kind of put into a situation where my "patient" wasn't too compliant which made my day real hard. Basically we had objectives for the day and I didnt complete all of it while every one else did. If I had more time I would have finished it..was too busy trying to establish a relationship with the client for trust and compliance. Kinda put a dent into my confidence. I'm hoping that this experience doesn't affect me too much for next weeks clinical. I'm at a nursing home for people with dementia and the such.
    Last edited by .:Chris:.; 09-29-2012 at 10:31 AM.

Pro-Gun. Pro-Rights.
    ௵leoaa777 krazedxboi

Brian0602 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brian0602 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brian0602 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brian0602 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brian0602 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brian0602 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brian0602 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brian0602 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brian0602 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brian0602 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brian0602 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Very glad to have found this thread.
    I start my first semester in the Spring.
    Subbing thread to read later.
    I've got a few questions, but I'll read through here first.

jehims1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jehims1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jehims1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jehims1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jehims1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jehims1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jehims1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jehims1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jehims1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jehims1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jehims1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i wrote this in another rn thread, but i thought this would be a good place to post this, too.

i just started nursing school as well and workload is overwhelming. But I just wanna give an insight
    - here in NYC, it is easy to find a nursing home job, which pays about 60-65k, whereas the hospitals will pay anywhere from 75-83k (obviously, hospital jobs are almost impossible to get if you are a new grad...needs at least 6 months exp)
    - LPNs are being phased out slowly. Hospitals generally no longer hire LPNs and nursing homes and residential centers are pretty much the only place where they will hire LPNS. Hospitals hire a lot of CNA's, usually 1:1 ratio with the RN's (according to my brother who is doing his residency). RNs do clean chit...ONLY if the CNAs are all busy...you cant leave the patients to lie in their own stool or piss.
    - Associates colleges are said to be shutting down in the near future..if you have your ADN, then you're grandfathered in and you're good. ANA (i think) are trying to make RN a 4 year degree. This is both bad and good news! Bad for those trying to become RNs really quick and good for those that are already RN's. Higher degree means higher pay! And yes they are trying to make NP's a doctorate, but most schools are not going to do this and just keep it as a masters. I think the plan was to make all NP schools to become doctorate programs by 2015, but highly unlikely.

If anyone is trying to become an ADN RN, do it QUICK before the changes occur. Healthcare is going to change significantly in the next 10 years and no one really knows what the outcome will be. They already got rid of diploma schools in most states and they are planning to get rid of 2 year programs, as well.
    Hopefully, the new health care reform brings a lot of jobs and money to the nursing field in 2 years.

Originally Posted by jehims1 View Post
    Glad you posted this because everything you just wrote is what I've been hearing from my aunt/cousins (RN's), professors, and other people who work in the hospital now.

Pro-Gun. Pro-Rights.
    ௵leoaa777 krazedxboi

Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jehims1 View Post
    i wrote this in another rn thread, but i thought this would be a good place to post this, too.

i just started nursing school as well and workload is overwhelming. But I just wanna give an insight
    - here in NYC, it is easy to find a nursing home job, which pays about 60-65k, whereas the hospitals will pay anywhere from 75-83k (obviously, hospital jobs are almost impossible to get if you are a new grad...needs at least 6 months exp)
    - LPNs are being phased out slowly. Hospitals generally no longer hire LPNs and nursing homes and residential centers are pretty much the only place where they will hire LPNS. Hospitals hire a lot of CNA's, usually 1:1 ratio with the RN's (according to my brother who is doing his residency). RNs do clean chit...ONLY if the CNAs are all busy...you cant leave the patients to lie in their own stool or piss.
    - Associates colleges are said to be shutting down in the near future..if you have your ADN, then you're grandfathered in and you're good. ANA (i think) are trying to make RN a 4 year degree. This is both bad and good news! Bad for those trying to become RNs really quick and good for those that are already RN's. Higher degree means higher pay! And yes they are trying to make NP's a doctorate, but most schools are not going to do this and just keep it as a masters. I think the plan was to make all NP schools to become doctorate programs by 2015, but highly unlikely.

If anyone is trying to become an ADN RN, do it QUICK before the changes occur. Healthcare is going to change significantly in the next 10 years and no one really knows what the outcome will be. They already got rid of diploma schools in most states and they are planning to get rid of 2 year programs, as well.
    Hopefully, the new health care reform brings a lot of jobs and money to the nursing field in 2 years.
    da fuq?

damit that dont sound good
    *Always pick 4 crew*
    *Dirk>Garnett crew*

Rockets/Texans

Originally Posted by Ivan7x View Post
    da fuq?

damit that dont sound good
    Dont worry too much, I think you'll make it out just fine. Just dont delay graduating with an ADN and I think you'll be ok.

By delaying I mean, dont fail any other classes that may need repeating or be on a waiting list of some sort to get into the actual nursing program. Colleges are different so I dont know how yours operate..just dont delay graduating is my point lol.

Pro-Gun. Pro-Rights.
    ௵leoaa777 krazedxboi

Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Dont worry too much, I think you'll make it out just fine. Just dont delay graduating with an ADN and I think you'll be ok.

By delaying I mean, dont fail any other classes that may need repeating or be on a waiting list of some sort to get into the actual nursing program. Colleges are different so I dont know how yours operate..just dont delay graduating is my point lol.
    hopefully ill be ok. Im gonna try and pass everything on the first try
    *Always pick 4 crew*
    *Dirk>Garnett crew*

Rockets/Texans

Getting rid of ADN is a great thing for the profession. However, I think bachelors prepared students think they deserve good jobs. Therefore, there must be a good incentive to work w/ the demented and the old nursing home folks.

Anesthesia is pushing for all doctorate by 2025. Talk about stepping on the toes of physicians. With the rising costs in school...is med school worth it? Something that was never questioned will start to be

Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheezefryz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    First year-first semester nursing students, how is your clinical so far? Interested how your experience and thoughts on your clinical.

Mine was kind of demoralizing. I came in very confident, knew what to do and knew what to look for, wasnt nervous one bit. But then I was kind of put into a situation where my "patient" wasn't too compliant which made my day real hard. Basically we had objectives for the day and I didnt complete all of it while every one else did. If I had more time I would have finished it..was too busy trying to establish a relationship with the client for trust and compliance. Kinda put a dent into my confidence. I'm hoping that this experience doesn't affect me too much for next weeks clinical. I'm at a nursing home for people with dementia and the such.

Ive only had clinical simulation lab where we have just learned to put in indwelling catheters and wound care/sterile field. As well as the basic making the bed/full bathing, am care/ and the Personal protective/precautions. But In 2 weeks I start my clinicals and I'm pretty nervous. I am in a class of only 22 and there is only 1 other guy and the teachers definitely makes it a point to target us. One thing I have noticed is that the girls seem to be a lot better than me at everything ( many of them have cna experience/nurse tech), so my confidence is pretty low at this point. Ive been studying a lot for pathopharmacology and health assessment, im basically borderline with a 72% on both exams which is the passing grade, and an 87 in fundamentals which is pretty easy. Just keep on grinding man, the more experience we get, the smoother the transition will be as well as the confidence. I'll try and keep you updated brahs. Nursing school is tough especially with all the time studying, but I still get to go out at least once a week to keep me sane.

Originally Posted by Cheezefryz View Post
    Ive only had clinical simulation lab where we have just learned to put in indwelling catheters and wound care/sterile field. As well as the basic making the bed/full bathing, am care/ and the Personal protective/precautions. But In 2 weeks I start my clinicals and I'm pretty nervous. I am in a class of only 22 and there is only 1 other guy and the teachers definitely makes it a point to target us. One thing I have noticed is that the girls seem to be a lot better than me at everything ( many of them have cna experience/nurse tech), so my confidence is pretty low at this point. Ive been studying a lot for pathopharmacology and health assessment, im basically borderline with a 72% on both exams which is the passing grade, and an 87 in fundamentals which is pretty easy. Just keep on grinding man, the more experience we get, the smoother the transition will be as well as the confidence. I'll try and keep you updated brahs. Nursing school is tough especially with all the time studying, but I still get to go out at least once a week to keep me sane.
    Interesting. My graduating-class is pretty big (about 60 ppl..no more though) but we're separated into smaller classes like our lecture will have about 30 people but lab day and clinical is only 10 people max. Yeah I do feel that I am at a disadvantage compared to most people that are cna, uap, ect..Was thinking of volunteering this winter and summer or at least look for some kind of seasonal work relating to health care.

Pro-Gun. Pro-Rights.
    ௵leoaa777 krazedxboi

Nut & exer made a science Ultimate Genetics's Avatar
    Ultimate Genetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ultimate Genetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ultimate Genetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ultimate Genetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ultimate Genetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ultimate Genetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ultimate Genetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ultimate Genetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ultimate Genetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ultimate Genetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ultimate Genetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hi guys, I am about to take the TEAS next month. A University near me offers RN in less than 2 years if you can pass certain tests. Wish me luck!
    S.T.E.M.

~Does not neg for opposing views~

Page 11 of 266 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast