throwinHHH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

First physique competion

My friend wanted to start doing physique competitions and talked me into doing some with him. The first contest that I would like to enter would be in November. I am 180lbs and roughly 5'10.5". I am not really sure on where I should go from here? should I start slowly cutting weight now or should I gain some muscle mass first. my avatar is a decently recent picture to give you an idea of where I am at right now. I would most likely like to compete at 165lbs so as to be at peak definition. I am not sure how my diet should be leading up to competition and how my workouts should progress. I am a decently poor college student so I can not afford a trainer or an expensive diet. My parents do support what I am doing and my dad said that he would pay for my protein. just from how I always lifted I have 4lbs of micellar casein and two tubs of combat powder. I am about to order a blend from truenutrition of 25% hydrolyzed whey, 25% hydrolyzed casein, and 50% whey isolate purely for post workout. Is this all a good start? also are there any other supplements that would be recommended. I take creatine when I remember to along with a multivitamin, fish oil, and glucosomine condroitan. I also take BCAA pills in between proteins once a day. I also use pre-workout on occasion, currently using assault. Again thank you for any help that you can give.
    Last edited by throwinHHH; 08-18-2012 at 09:05 PM.

offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by throwinHHH View Post
    My friend wanted to start doing physique competitions and talked me into doing some with him. The first contest that I would like to enter would be in November. I am 180lbs and roughly 5'10.5". I am not really sure on where I should go from here? should I start slowly cutting weight now or should I gain some muscle mass first. my avatar is a decently recent picture to give you an idea of where I am at right now. I would most likely like to compete at 165lbs so as to be at peak definition. I am not sure how my diet should be leading up to competition and how my workouts should progress. I am a decently poor college student so I can not afford a trainer or an expensive diet. My parents do support what I am doing and my dad said that he would pay for my protein. just from how I always lifted I have 4lbs of micellar casein and two tubs of combat powder. I am about to order a blend from truenutrition of 25% hydrolyzed whey, 25% hydrolyzed casein, and 50% whey isolate purely for post workout. Is this all a good start? also are there any other supplements that would be recommended. I take creatine when I remember to along with a multivitamin, fish oil, and glucosomine condroitan. I also take BCAA pills in between proteins once a day. I also use pre-workout on occasion, currently using assault. Again thank you for any help that you can give.
    Get as lean as possible. I am doing one in November as well, 11 weeks isnt much time to put on mass and still have time to cut down. Just slowly start cutting some cals and go from there. You can also follow my log in my signature to see what ive got going on.

Originally Posted by offroadatv200 View Post
    Get as lean as possible. I am doing one in November as well, 11 weeks isnt much time to put on mass and still have time to cut down. Just slowly start cutting some cals and go from there. You can also follow my log in my signature to see what ive got going on.
    Based on what you see so far does it seem plausible to be able to legitimately compete in November with a strict diet and work out plan? Or am i assuming too much

Demon Fitness - Owner demonwareltd's Avatar
    demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Based on what you see so far does it seem plausible to be able to legitimately compete in November with a strict diet and work out plan? Or am i assuming too much
    Is your avatar pic up to date? If so, I think you have a decent shot at it, but you would want to start your prep now. If it's not up to date, post a current pic and we can help you assess

Originally Posted by demonwareltd View Post
    Is your avatar pic up to date? If so, I think you have a decent shot at it, but you would want to start your prep now. If it's not up to date, post a current pic and we can help you assess
    My avatar pic is only about three weeks old and not too much has changed. I am trying to figure out the best way to personalize and change my diet and work out plan. This wouldn't be so bad if my class schedule was a little easier and i wasn't so broke from paying for college. I know it will be worth it in the end though. I just got a scale for the apartment along with some lean chicken, sweet potatoes, salad stuffs, almonds, and i switched from regular 2% milk to almond milk. I only have a weekly food budget of around $60 not counting protein shakes, my dad is helping with that aspect as long as it doesn't get too bad

Demon Fitness - Owner demonwareltd's Avatar
    demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My avatar pic is only about three weeks old and not too much has changed. I am trying to figure out the best way to personalize and change my diet and work out plan. This wouldn't be so bad if my class schedule was a little easier and i wasn't so broke from paying for college. I know it will be worth it in the end though. I just got a scale for the apartment along with some lean chicken, sweet potatoes, salad stuffs, almonds, and i switched from regular 2% milk to almond milk. I only have a weekly food budget of around $60 not counting protein shakes, my dad is helping with that aspect as long as it doesn't get too bad
    I would just find a handful of items that you can eat at the cafeteria to save money on food. My school would prepare egg white omlettes if you asked and also had grilled chicken breasts, and a salad bar. Really all you need.

Or if you don't already, you can get a job to make the extra bucks you need. I worked scrubbing dishes in the cafeteria. Not to buy supps or food, but beer

offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    With solid hardwork, dedication and knowledge you can acheive it withouta doubt.

Chicken, broccoli, oats, eggs, rice/sweet potatoes, almonds, blueberries, bananas. buy in bulk and you should make it under 60$ a week

I have a job, just very minimum hours so as to not get in the way of my classes. That is what i am using for my food now. I never spend the money for the cafeteria, i do all of my own cooking to save money. I am currently trying to figure out what macros i need. I will start posting my workouts next week as they will be more consistent since i will be fully moved in to my apartment and ready for school.

muscleman420 is a name known to all. (+5000) muscleman420 is a name known to all. (+5000) muscleman420 is a name known to all. (+5000) muscleman420 is a name known to all. (+5000) muscleman420 is a name known to all. (+5000) muscleman420 is a name known to all. (+5000) muscleman420 is a name known to all. (+5000) muscleman420 is a name known to all. (+5000) muscleman420 is a name known to all. (+5000) muscleman420 is a name known to all. (+5000) muscleman420 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    also doing one in november. start prepping now dont try to gain in between. And you are cutting, so you should be saving money on food, haha.