Mikesullyy is just really nice. (+1000) Mikesullyy is just really nice. (+1000) Mikesullyy is just really nice. (+1000) Mikesullyy is just really nice. (+1000) Mikesullyy is just really nice. (+1000) Mikesullyy is just really nice. (+1000) Mikesullyy is just really nice. (+1000) Mikesullyy is just really nice. (+1000) Mikesullyy is just really nice. (+1000) Mikesullyy is just really nice. (+1000) Mikesullyy is just really nice. (+1000)

Discuss your opinion on the balance between size, symmetry and aesthetics.

In my opinion bodybuilding is a sport defined by balance between 3 things. Symmetry, size, and aesthetics. But for the past two decades or so it has been geared mainly towards freakish size. Two bodybuilders that exemplify this balance to me are Jaco De Bruyn and Helmut Strebl. Who are the bodybuilders that exemplify it for you?

"Redbull doesn't give you wings, Lat pulldowns do"
    Will bench 400 before I die crew
    Too poor to bulk properly crew
    Love Nature Crew
    Positive Crew
    Trance Crew

strictlytricky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strictlytricky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strictlytricky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strictlytricky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strictlytricky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strictlytricky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strictlytricky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strictlytricky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strictlytricky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strictlytricky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strictlytricky is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    in on this, symmetry is everything

flex wheeler

gary strydom

and inb4 angry buttjelly brahs try to come at me with negs

you have to agree he was quite symmetrical

zane brah

shawn

dexter

jaco is goal physique fuaaaarkkk

these guys>everyone else
    Last edited by strictlytricky; 08-18-2012 at 07:08 AM.
    Bulking to infinity and beyond
    R.I.P Zyzz
    Φ United Misc Frat Φ

AndyAngel will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndyAngel will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndyAngel will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndyAngel will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndyAngel will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndyAngel will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndyAngel will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndyAngel will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndyAngel will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndyAngel will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndyAngel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    agreed about balance between 3 things

As for me:

Schwarzenegger - size, Zane - symmetry, Zyzz - aesthetics

Jallalabadbad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jallalabadbad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jallalabadbad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jallalabadbad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jallalabadbad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jallalabadbad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jallalabadbad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jallalabadbad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jallalabadbad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jallalabadbad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jallalabadbad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    holy traps batman.
    ☆☆☆ UK Crew ☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆ Gentleman And A Scholar Crew ☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆ Andreia Brazier > all crew ☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆ Used To Think Andreia Brazier > All Until I Saw Nicole Mejia Crew ☆☆☆

Owner of the best looking cat on all of misc, see thread
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166739771

Hit 'em with a freezepop! Bseic's Avatar
    Bseic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bseic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bseic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bseic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bseic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bseic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bseic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bseic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bseic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bseic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bseic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Size and symmetry make aesthetics, no?

Or does 'aesthetics' refer to muscle shape/insertions?
    "A man should not leave this earth with unfinished business. He should live each day as if it was a pre-flight check. He should ask each morning, am I prepared to lift-off?"

Mikesullyy is just really nice. (+1000) Mikesullyy is just really nice. (+1000) Mikesullyy is just really nice. (+1000) Mikesullyy is just really nice. (+1000) Mikesullyy is just really nice. (+1000) Mikesullyy is just really nice. (+1000) Mikesullyy is just really nice. (+1000) Mikesullyy is just really nice. (+1000) Mikesullyy is just really nice. (+1000) Mikesullyy is just really nice. (+1000) Mikesullyy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Bseic View Post
    Size and symmetry make aesthetics, no?

Or does 'aesthetics' refer to muscle shape/insertions?
    Symmetry really depends on muscle shape yeah.
    Love Nature Crew
    Positive Crew
    Trance Crew

Walmart Aluminum Account arkansawboy's Avatar
    arkansawboy is a name known to all. (+5000) arkansawboy is a name known to all. (+5000) arkansawboy is a name known to all. (+5000) arkansawboy is a name known to all. (+5000) arkansawboy is a name known to all. (+5000) arkansawboy is a name known to all. (+5000) arkansawboy is a name known to all. (+5000) arkansawboy is a name known to all. (+5000) arkansawboy is a name known to all. (+5000) arkansawboy is a name known to all. (+5000) arkansawboy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    flex was the best modern bber imo.. after his generation they got lab rat big..

Originally Posted by strictlytricky View Post

flex wheeler

gary strydom

Agreed with you, reps for flex wheeler. Man was a god.
    Love Nature Crew
    Positive Crew
    Trance Crew

Originally Posted by arkansawboy View Post
    flex was the best modern bber imo.. after his generation they got lab rat big..
    Definitely agreed.
    Love Nature Crew
    Positive Crew
    Trance Crew

strictlytricky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strictlytricky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strictlytricky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strictlytricky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strictlytricky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strictlytricky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strictlytricky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strictlytricky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strictlytricky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strictlytricky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strictlytricky is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    bump
    Bulking to infinity and beyond
    R.I.P Zyzz
    Φ United Misc Frat Φ

Registered User gilbertocalzoni's Avatar
    gilbertocalzoni has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gilbertocalzoni has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gilbertocalzoni has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gilbertocalzoni has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gilbertocalzoni has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gilbertocalzoni has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gilbertocalzoni has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gilbertocalzoni has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gilbertocalzoni has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gilbertocalzoni has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gilbertocalzoni has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Would love to look like Zane @ my height. For me, that's the ideal physique, but bodybuilding-wise more mass is probably required nowadays.

Originally Posted by gilbertocalzoni View Post
    Would love to look like Zane @ my height. For me, that's the ideal physique, but bodybuilding-wise more mass is probably required nowadays.
    Zane definitely looked phenomenal.
    Love Nature Crew
    Positive Crew
    Trance Crew

Originally Posted by strictlytricky View Post

flex wheeler

gary strydom

and inb4 angry buttjelly brahs try to come at me with negs

you have to agree he was quite symmetrical

zane brah

shawn

dexter

jaco is goal physique fuaaaarkkk

these guys>everyone else
    Jaco's physique is definitely my goal too. He looks incredible.
    Love Nature Crew
    Positive Crew
    Trance Crew