Closed Thread
Page 214 of 333 FirstFirst ... 114 164 204 212 213 214 215 216 224 264 314 ... LastLast
Results 6,391 to 6,420 of 9967
    akamale has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akamale has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akamale has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akamale has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akamale has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akamale has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akamale has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akamale has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akamale has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akamale has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akamale has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Just did my Week2 Heavy Day Today, and now I know why this program is built with a medium and light day, I dont think I would be able to push out the last rep of each exercise if each workout was a heavy day. With that being said, I am looking forward to seeing if the medium and light day this week help me out in getting all my maxes next week when it is Week 3, which is when the 10RM really comes into mind.
    Started All-Pro's Beginner Program 02/18/13

Squats: 8x150
    Bench: 8x105
    BOR: 8x80
    OHBP: 8x65
    SLDL:8x150
    Curls: 8x50
    Calf Raises: 8x125

- You only fail when you don't try

Theogan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Theogan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Theogan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Theogan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Theogan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Theogan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Theogan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Theogan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Much to my surprise I was able to graduate most of my lifts at the end of cycle 7 (I guess bulking for the past 20 days paid off). My weights for cycle 8 are as follows:

Squat = 232lb. (5% increase)
    Bench = 173lb. (5% increase)
    BOR = 180lb. (same as cycle 7)
    OHP = 104lb. (10% increase)
    SLDL = 281lb. (5% increase)
    BB Curls replaced with EZ-Bar Upright Rows = 88lb.
    Calf Raises = 347lb. (5% increase. I do them standing in my power rack on 45 lb. plate, 12-16 reps)

akamale has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akamale has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akamale has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akamale has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akamale has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akamale has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akamale has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akamale has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akamale has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akamale has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akamale has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Also wanted to mention that when doing my calf raises, which are seated, I can't seem to get the weight ALL the way up, I can still feel a pain in my calves however, one time I was doing them and my calf was SHOT, I couldn't move it for about 10 seconds.

Thoughts?

zerohourxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) zerohourxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) zerohourxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) zerohourxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) zerohourxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) zerohourxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) zerohourxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) zerohourxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) zerohourxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) zerohourxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) zerohourxx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by RegMoFoSho View Post
    Hey guys. As you can see this is my first post. I've been lurking these forums for awhile now and finally decided to sign up. I've never set foot in a gym due to caring too much about what people think of me. After reading this thread for awhile I've decided I want to give it a shot.

The actual workout seems pretty straight forward I'm just lost when it comes to my nutrition. I've done research and found how to calculate how much protein, carbs, fats, calories, etc to consume, but my problem is currently I'm lucky if I eat even 3x a day. The microwave is my best friend and cooking isn't one of my strong points.

I'm 5"11', 168 lbs, maybe at around 18%bf. I doubt I'm eating the required amount of calories daily to even sustain my current weight. Pretty much what I'm getting at is, I don't want to start this routine without having a nutrition plan set. Can you guys give suggestions on things that are fairly easy to cook or link me to a good thread? I haven't been able to find what I'm looking for. Thanks.

Reg
    Nutrition can take a while to dial in, but in my experience once you get the hang of it it's easy. I'd strongly suggest the myfitnesspal app or something similar, to let you plan your diet in advance. I've found that even when bulking tracking your calories is very important, as I often found myself overestimating the amount of food I was eating. Given your current weight I'd guess you're thinking about bulking, so my nutritional advice will be tailored to that approach - if I'm wrong, my apologies.

As far as things I like to eat on a bulk, grilled or baked meats are always helpful, chicken especially. Pork chops and steak can work too. Whole wheat pasta with meatballs is another favorite. To make sure I'm always covered for lunch, once a week I'll make a meatloaf or chili using lean ground beef or turkey, making enough leftovers to give me 2-3 lunches to take to work - and really, that strategy can work with any meal you like, provided you make a big batch of it.

Protein shakes are a good way to make sure you hit your macros, though you'll also need a solid source of fats. You tend to see a lot of guys using nuts or nut butters to make sure they get enough fat in their diet, which is what I tend to lean towards if I'm low for the day. Peanut butter sandwiches make great space filler, too, since they pack quite a few calories into a few bites.

Lastly, while I'd definitely agree with the many people who say that eating the majority of your calories is better than drinking them, a few cups of milk and/or fruit juices can really help if you're struggling to get in enough calories, since they're so dense and quick to consume. When you're going to 3000+ calories and not cramming fast food to hit your numbers, some liquids are pretty much essential unless you want to spend almost all day eating.

Really, what it boils down to is, if you're hitting your macros and your calorie target, you can pretty much eat whatever you like on a bulk. That's what makes bulking so much fun!

Registered User derrickdennison's Avatar
    derrickdennison has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can I follow this routine while cutting? I'm in week 2 of my first cycle and while cutting I have less energy to get the reps up. Also since I failed a set on my shoulder press does that mean I finish out the week and restart week 2 again or back to week one, or even continue to week 3?

RegMoFoSho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by zerohourxx View Post
    Nutrition can take a while to dial in, but in my experience once you get the hang of it it's easy. I'd strongly suggest the myfitnesspal app or something similar, to let you plan your diet in advance. I've found that even when bulking tracking your calories is very important, as I often found myself overestimating the amount of food I was eating. Given your current weight I'd guess you're thinking about bulking, so my nutritional advice will be tailored to that approach - if I'm wrong, my apologies.

As far as things I like to eat on a bulk, grilled or baked meats are always helpful, chicken especially. Pork chops and steak can work too. Whole wheat pasta with meatballs is another favorite. To make sure I'm always covered for lunch, once a week I'll make a meatloaf or chili using lean ground beef or turkey, making enough leftovers to give me 2-3 lunches to take to work - and really, that strategy can work with any meal you like, provided you make a big batch of it.

Protein shakes are a good way to make sure you hit your macros, though you'll also need a solid source of fats. You tend to see a lot of guys using nuts or nut butters to make sure they get enough fat in their diet, which is what I tend to lean towards if I'm low for the day. Peanut butter sandwiches make great space filler, too, since they pack quite a few calories into a few bites.

Lastly, while I'd definitely agree with the many people who say that eating the majority of your calories is better than drinking them, a few cups of milk and/or fruit juices can really help if you're struggling to get in enough calories, since they're so dense and quick to consume. When you're going to 3000+ calories and not cramming fast food to hit your numbers, some liquids are pretty much essential unless you want to spend almost all day eating.

Really, what it boils down to is, if you're hitting your macros and your calorie target, you can pretty much eat whatever you like on a bulk. That's what makes bulking so much fun!
    Appreciate it man. You are correct about me wanting to bulk. I have a slim build and wanna put on some size, a little bit of fat wouldn't hurt me in the slightest.

johnlou1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnlou1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnlou1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnlou1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnlou1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnlou1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnlou1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnlou1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnlou1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnlou1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnlou1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Strange day or too heavy?

I failed my weights today on week 3. I got up to my bench of 140 but just collapsed at rep 5 of the 2nd set. I was definitely feeling fatigued from the day, but I am wondering if this is a sign of too high of a weight or just a bad day? Anyone else experience this?

I really felt like crap on all my other workouts and generally lowered everything by 10 lbs. Except for my squat, SLDL, bicep curls, and calf raise. If I don't lower my weight should I repeat the week, or the cycle?

zerohourxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) zerohourxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) zerohourxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) zerohourxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) zerohourxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) zerohourxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) zerohourxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) zerohourxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) zerohourxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) zerohourxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) zerohourxx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by derrickdennison View Post
    Can I follow this routine while cutting? I'm in week 2 of my first cycle and while cutting I have less energy to get the reps up. Also since I failed a set on my shoulder press does that mean I finish out the week and restart week 2 again or back to week one, or even continue to week 3?
    From everything I've read, you absolutely can do this program on a cut - in fact, more people in this thread seem to be cutting than bulking at any one time.

If you failed a set in week 2 (9 reps) of your first cycle, I gather you pretty much have two options: either (1) tough it out and keep going with the weight you're using, and try for 10 reps next week. We all have bad days, you might have just had one of them... or else (2) you may have picked the wrong weight to start with, since you really shouldn't be failing a 9 rep set with your 10 rep max weight. If you think you might have miscalculated, lower the weight a bit.

Appreciate it man. You are correct about me wanting to bulk. I have a slim build and wanna put on some size, a little bit of fat wouldn't hurt me in the slightest.
    Happy to help, and good luck with the routine. Keep us posted on your progress in the thread, if you want - so many of the other guys are cutting, I'd be interested to see what kind of progress someone else can make while bulking.

Registered User derrickdennison's Avatar
    derrickdennison has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by zerohourxx View Post
    From everything I've read, you absolutely can do this program on a cut - in fact, more people in this thread seem to be cutting than bulking at any one time.

If you failed a set in week 2 (9 reps) of your first cycle, I gather you pretty much have two options: either (1) tough it out and keep going with the weight you're using, and try for 10 reps next week. We all have bad days, you might have just had one of them... or else (2) you may have picked the wrong weight to start with, since you really shouldn't be failing a 9 rep set with your 10 rep max weight. If you think you might have miscalculated, lower the weight a bit.
    Thanks! I made some adjustments to the weight today that'll hopefully make it possible to continue into week 3. I think it was just a bad day. I'm just starting to take Jack3d and I was feeling super nauseous. Maybe my body just has to get accustomed to it and I'll have a better workout.

Registered User lalalalakerss24's Avatar
    lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Q12: Can I substitute any of the exercises in this routine for other exercises?
    A: as a general rule, no, you can't (barring certain situations where an injury may prevent you from doing a specific movement). One exception being the curls, which can be substituted for standing upright rows This is more of a compound exercise and it actually fits the rest of the routine more nicely. Curls were added by all pro mostly because "everyone would want to do them anyway", so if your ego will survive it, go for the upright rows instead of the curls - it's a far better overall body exercise. Up to you though.

1. Now I prefer to do something else beside curls but I heard upright rows are terrible for your shoulders. What should I replace curls with?

2. How many seconds should I rest for between exercises? 30 seconds for warm ups, 90 for sets.

3. Is it okay if it takes 2-3 mins from squat to bench? It takes that long for me to get the weight off, set the rails, grab a bench.
    ++ Positive Crew ++

Originally Posted by lalalalakerss24 View Post
    Q12: Can I substitute any of the exercises in this routine for other exercises?
    A: as a general rule, no, you can't (barring certain situations where an injury may prevent you from doing a specific movement). One exception being the curls, which can be substituted for standing upright rows This is more of a compound exercise and it actually fits the rest of the routine more nicely. Curls were added by all pro mostly because "everyone would want to do them anyway", so if your ego will survive it, go for the upright rows instead of the curls - it's a far better overall body exercise. Up to you though.

1. Now I prefer to do something else beside curls but I heard upright rows are terrible for your shoulders. What should I replace curls with?

2. How many seconds should I rest for between exercises? 30 seconds for warm ups, 90 for sets.

3. Is it okay if it takes 2-3 mins from squat to bench? It takes that long for me to get the weight off, set the rails, grab a bench.
    1. Pretty much everything I've read in the thread implies that for this particular routine, you want to go with either curls or upright rows. If you're concerned about your shoulders due to upright row, just stick with the curls. I'm sure there are other moves out there that could work similar areas, but if you're not doing one of those moves it isn't really the AllPro program.

2. Everyone so far has said the same thing about rest - 30 secs between the first and second warmups (basically just load up the plates and go), 60 secs between second warmup and first work set, and 90 secs between the two work sets.

3. While the time between your sets is something you want to keep the same, it does seem like you're fine taking longer between moves. Especially in a busy gym you'll sometimes have to wait for a rack or a bench to open up for you, so it just can't be helped. You should be fine taking 2-3 minutes.

Registered User lalalalakerss24's Avatar
    lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000)
    For number 2 Im talking about the time between on my 2nd set Bench to first warm up set on Rows.
    ++ Positive Crew ++

I know this is probably in the wrong thread, but This thread seems to get the most traffic and I was just wondering if you guys could give me your opinions. Im currently on Week 2 Cycle 1 Of this program and Im taking Optimum gold standard 100% Whey protein. I just discovered that there is another protein also made by optimum nutrition called Pro-Complex, which has more calories (270 compared to 120 from they whey) and more protein (60 compared to 24 from the whey), I was wondering if I should start taking this protein instead of the Whey? I am trying to bulk up and can use all the protein I can get since I usually only have 3 meals a day and end up eating nuts all night to get some fats/calories/proteins.

Id appreciate it if you guys could reply with your opinions and thoughts on this idea.

-Thanks

MeadMaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeadMaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeadMaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeadMaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeadMaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeadMaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeadMaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeadMaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeadMaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeadMaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeadMaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Theogan View Post
    Much to my surprise I was able to graduate most of my lifts at the end of cycle 7 (I guess bulking for the past 20 days paid off). My weights for cycle 8 are as follows:

Squat = 232lb. (5% increase)
    Bench = 173lb. (5% increase)
    BOR = 180lb. (same as cycle 7)
    OHP = 104lb. (10% increase)
    SLDL = 281lb. (5% increase)
    BB Curls replaced with EZ-Bar Upright Rows = 88lb.
    Calf Raises = 347lb. (5% increase. I do them standing in my power rack on 45 lb. plate, 12-16 reps)
    Good work. You are really killing it. Hows your grip holding up on the sldl? That weight is getting up there

wat0n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi, I have been doing this program for a while now and I'm starting to have trouble progressing on SLDLs because my grip gives in. What can I do? Could a mixed grip be a possible solution? How can I use a mixed grip without risking tearing my bicep?

mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Today was heavy day of cycle5 week5:
    Squats 195x12, 195x12
    Bench press 185x12, 185x11
    Bent over rows 115x12, 115x12
    Overhead press 95x12, 95x8
    Stiff leg deads 150x12, 150x12
    Upright rows 80x12, 80x12
    Calves(st.machine) 135x12, 135x12

So i failed few lifts on second set, maybe should have rested more between sets but most likely due my cut( been cutting since Dec 8). Still going to increase by 5-10lbs all lifts as i'm starting bulk in 2-3 weeks(cannot wait). This way i will not fail anything on this cycle and wont have to repeat it.

Cycle 6 (March 4)
    Squats 205
    Bench press 190
    Bent over rows 120
    Overhead press 100
    Stiff leg deads 160
    Upright rows 80
    Calves(st.machine) 150

WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by johnlou1983 View Post
    I failed my weights today on week 3. I got up to my bench of 140 but just collapsed at rep 5 of the 2nd set. I was definitely feeling fatigued from the day, but I am wondering if this is a sign of too high of a weight or just a bad day? Anyone else experience this?

I really felt like crap on all my other workouts and generally lowered everything by 10 lbs. Except for my squat, SLDL, bicep curls, and calf raise. If I don't lower my weight should I repeat the week, or the cycle?
    Everyone has bad days every now and then. If you're certain that you calculated your 10RM's correctly, you should not have lowered the weight mid-cycle.

how bad do you want it? mikeallen52's Avatar
    mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Screw what I said about all heavy days. Was just in a bad place and not keeping my head on straight. Back to week 2 medium day. Lets do it.
    MikeAllen v1.0 :
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152402033

RegMoFoSho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was watching some videos regarding proper form for the first 4 exercises, mainly because I'm a noob, clueless, and not trying to hurt myself. I was practicing my Squats at home and I'm not able to get my thighs below parallel. Is this going to be a problem? Also my upper back and chest feel really tight going through the squatting motion. Is that normal?

Zergish890 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zergish890 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zergish890 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zergish890 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zergish890 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zergish890 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zergish890 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zergish890 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zergish890 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zergish890 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zergish890 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    After 6 weeks of Starting Strength, now I have no idea whether to jump on this now, or just continue on SS. It's either I gain strength quicker to lift higher weights at more reps later, or just lower the weights im on SS now and do AllPro's...AHH decisions decisions...

brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by wat0n View Post
    Hi, I have been doing this program for a while now and I'm starting to have trouble progressing on SLDLs because my grip gives in. What can I do? Could a mixed grip be a possible solution? How can I use a mixed grip without risking tearing my bicep?
    Straps?

Originally Posted by akamale View Post
    I know this is probably in the wrong thread, but This thread seems to get the most traffic and I was just wondering if you guys could give me your opinions. Im currently on Week 2 Cycle 1 Of this program and Im taking Optimum gold standard 100% Whey protein. I just discovered that there is another protein also made by optimum nutrition called Pro-Complex, which has more calories (270 compared to 120 from they whey) and more protein (60 compared to 24 from the whey), I was wondering if I should start taking this protein instead of the Whey? I am trying to bulk up and can use all the protein I can get since I usually only have 3 meals a day and end up eating nuts all night to get some fats/calories/proteins.

Id appreciate it if you guys could reply with your opinions and thoughts on this idea.

-Thanks
    You could just take double the amount of whey?

What are the price differences between the two?

I dare say (withouht knowing) the whey is cheaper per serving (there's not much that is cheaper per gram of protein)

are you having trouble getting your calories per day?
    If abs are made in the kitchen how come hardly any women have them?

Theogan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Theogan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Theogan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Theogan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Theogan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Theogan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Theogan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Theogan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MeadMaker View Post
    Good work. You are really killing it. Hows your grip holding up on the sldl? That weight is getting up there
    I try and not use straps if I can. However on heavy day I would do first set no straps and second set with, or medium day first three weeks no straps and week four and five with...

FourEyedGeek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FourEyedGeek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FourEyedGeek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FourEyedGeek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FourEyedGeek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FourEyedGeek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FourEyedGeek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FourEyedGeek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by matt393 View Post
    Cheers!
    No cardio for me, I've been losing the weight I want to lose so far. I will start at some point though as I know how beneficial it is for your general health.

How much do you want to lose per week? I've only just had my first "proper" stall on most the lifts and I'm around 6 months in, which I think personally isn't too bad considering I've been on a big deficit for a while.
    Yeah, losing weight isn't important for me, but I'd like to lose body fat as that is around 20%, my current goal is 18% but really I'm just happy I'm getting into shape. I really wanted one of those 12 week challenge transformations, and I am coming along nicely, but even if I don't get the % down the fact my body shape is changing into something more appealing that the ET look I had is great.

DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I was watching some videos regarding proper form for the first 4 exercises, mainly because I'm a noob, clueless, and not trying to hurt myself. I was practicing my Squats at home and I'm not able to get my thighs below parallel. Is this going to be a problem? Also my upper back and chest feel really tight going through the squatting motion. Is that normal?
    You will need to work on your flexibility and stretch your quads, calfs, hamstrings, hip flexors and anywhere else you are feeling tight. Stretch as many days as you can and also work on your mobility. Might be an idea to take a few weeks and work on your squats, bench , bor, OHP and SLDL concentrating on form. Start with the bar and do 2-3 sets 5-8 reps of each exercise and record your form and review it before the next set. Do this three times a week and add a little bit of weight each workout. Once you are comfortable with the form check your 10 rep max and start the program.
    Last edited by DeltaCharlie75; 02-26-2013 at 05:09 AM.
    Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

aja5040 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aja5040 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aja5040 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aja5040 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aja5040 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aja5040 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aja5040 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aja5040 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aja5040 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aja5040 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aja5040 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by akamale View Post

-Thanks
    I am very new to supplements so take this with a grain of salt, but from what I've been reading there is only so much protein your body can take in at one time that can be beneficial to you. If you're taking a shake with 60g along with meals that also have a decent amount of protein in them then you may just be wasting some.

I would just stick with what you have now instead of buying a whole new tub of the stuff. Of course someone else with much more experience than I could probably help you out more.

topcitytitan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cycle 1 week 4 heavy day yesterday KILLED! When i left the gym i could barely walk let alone get in my truck. That is the best i have ever felt after a workout in my life, my whole body was so pumped i wanted to go back again lol.

This program is byfar the best i have been on. And im really seeing gains with sticking to it.

About to order some preworkout sups and some different whey.

banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by lalalalakerss24 View Post
    The reason why upright rows can be hell on people's rotator cuffs is because they have bad form. If you don't let your elbows go above your shoulders it's fine. The guy in the exercise videos here on this site has awful form, he's going up too high. Don't do that.

Originally Posted by All Pro
    I like using an EZ-curl bar as opposed to a straight bar. I get better forearm development out of it and it doesn't hurt my elbows or shoulders the way the straight bar does. But a word of caution. The guy in the video that you linked to is going up to far. Stop going up when your elbows are about level with your shoulders. In other words if you drew a line from elbow to elbow it would look like this ______ as opposed to this V. If you go up to far you can tear your shoulders apart.

op456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) op456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) op456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) op456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) op456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) op456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) op456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) op456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) op456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) op456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) op456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    2nd cycle 2nd week .. Ummm I don't know really why but there is no much progress ..

FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by banjoman23 View Post
    The reason why upright rows can be hell on people's rotator cuffs is because they have bad form. If you don't let your elbows go above your shoulders it's fine. The guy in the exercise videos here on this site has awful form, he's going up too high. Don't do that.
    The form in the video on this site is wrong? How many other exercises are being demonstrated with incorrect form?

Into cycle one, week two for me...

diddlysquat is on a distinguished road. (+10) diddlysquat is on a distinguished road. (+10) diddlysquat is on a distinguished road. (+10) diddlysquat is on a distinguished road. (+10) diddlysquat is on a distinguished road. (+10) diddlysquat is on a distinguished road. (+10) diddlysquat is on a distinguished road. (+10) diddlysquat is on a distinguished road. (+10) diddlysquat is on a distinguished road. (+10) diddlysquat is on a distinguished road. (+10) diddlysquat is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey all,

As an older guy (44) getting into lifting for strength/size/age-defiance I am absolutely loving this routine! I just started cycle 2 yesterday and man, what a difference that 10% weight increase makes - bench press and bent row felt way tougher than cycle 1. Think I was a bit tired which didn't help matters - still, medium and light days to come now so should be OK by next Monday!

That's all really. Just wanted to share how awesome I'm finding it! :-)
    Last edited by diddlysquat; 02-26-2013 at 09:49 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 214 of 333 FirstFirst ... 114 164 204 212 213 214 215 216 224 264 314 ... LastLast