Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Redfizz View Post
    Have fun on the run with your little one! How exciting!
    Thanks Red! It was a fun morning overall, a little challenging, but a good memory. More on that in a bit haha

Originally Posted by gobbles23
    Aww, it's so nice that you're close to your family! I have a large family, and I love it when everyone gets together! It's awesome I can't wait to have children and make it even bigger! Hahaha!
    Family is what glues it all together! I love having a big family, it keeps things interesting for sure! Can't wait to find out someday that there are little Loris out there with backpacks on doing weighted pushups!!!

Originally Posted by jjeane
    MM, what a great video!!! I cried. Love her dress by the way.
    Some nice looking workouts as well. Have tomorrow with the 5K and the little ones. It should be interesting. Have a great Thanksgiving!!
    It was a gorgeous dress wasn't it?! She looked so beautiful in it too, it was just the perfect dress for her. 5K and Thanksgiving food and family fun was also great (and interesting at the same time hahaha) thank you!!!

Originally Posted by DieselsMom
    Have fun tomorrow running with your daughter.

Happy Gobble Gobble day!
    Thanks DM! My favorite part of the day was watching Cam get her last burst of energy and sprint around about 15 people to beat them to the finish line. I couldn't help but just laugh and dash after her shaking my head - that's my girl!
    Please join me on my journey to find balance:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147375163

marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Echo814 View Post
    Hey MM! Happy Thanksgiving!

Bwahahaha - that was definitely me standing right beside my uncle as he carved the turkey just eyeing it up and praying we sat down to eat as soon as possible

Originally Posted by geek23ka
    how was the run? happy thanksgiving!
    It was great! Looking forward to next year when we can hopefully cross the finish line a little faster and with a little less whining Thank you!!!

Originally Posted by vanessa40
    How wonderful that your daughter is doing the Turkey Trot with you. I hope you had a great race. I ran in mine yesterday..i wrote about it in my journal..sad i must say but i will get better. I am going to check out that app you spoke of..thanks..and sorry i have not checked in ..i am trying to get back on track now
    I'll have to go check out your journal to read about your race V! It's great to have gotten up early on Thanksgiving morning and been active period, regardless of how you end up doing (and I always think those races have so many people it's tough to hit any sort of time goal anyway!!) Thanks for checking in!

Originally Posted by dreahere
    Hope your race was fun!
    Many a ball was figuratively frozen off that morning but it was fun! Thanks Andrea!!

Originally Posted by rickiecoombs View Post
    Hey MM!

So, I meant to write in your journal a couple of weeks ago (because even though I am a delinquent poster, I DO read your journal!) and for some reason I didn’t. I can’t remember why.

Then, a couple of weeks ago, I wrote a big long post, and my computer deleted it on me. Which is code for: my fingers probably hit the wrong key and threw everything away, and I had no idea to get it back. And at the time, I didn’t have time to rewrite it. So here I am again. Hopefully this goes better than last time.

I just wanted to echo others’ appreciation for your frankness about your relationships, and life in general. It really struck a chord with me, when I was reading about significant others, and their effect on lifting/cutting/etc.

I am in awe of you ladies who are doing this without your SO’s completely understanding why. I can’t even imagine how hard it is. Lifting takes such dedication, and I can’t imagine living the lifestyle knowing that my SO didn’t totally “get it”.

Anyway. I read that whole discussion and cried. Because I am so ungrateful for what I have, and I don’t think I really realized how great I have it until I read about other people who are struggling to maintain that level of balance between the rest of their lives and their fitness goals. My husband and I go to the gym together. Almost every day. On days when I don’t think I have what it takes, he is the one who kicks me in the rear and gets me to the gym. He helps me make good decisions with regard to food. He encourages me when I hit a snag. He celebrates with me when I reach a milestone. I’m not saying this because I’m gloating. I’m saying this, because I now realize that – although I’ve been finding this whole weight-loss-lifting-weights thing a huge challenge – I have it SO EASY compared to other people who don’t have such a solid, dependable, unwavering brick wall of support.

You ladies. You amaze me. I hope you realize how incredible it is - what you are doing.

<3

Sorry for writing a book. MM, you are amazing. As are the other ladies in here – and they all know who they are.
    You are an awesome virtual friend Ericka I am so envious of your situation having your man go to the gym with you almost every day! I would love to be able to just talk about my workouts and goals with my hubs more than I can, let alone have a partner to go to the gym with to share those goals. But that is okay, I know that my hubs was totally turned off the gym setting in college (he played college football and claims that 5:30 am lifting every day and mandatory running has turned him off from both of my interests - lifting and running) - it's a major bummer but I understand. Sometimes I wonder if I invested in a power rack and a bench and weights for the house if he would lift with me in the basement - or at least spot me so that I could push through some heavier weight that I just don't feel comfortable with on my own at the gym. Maybe if I come across some money and "the list" for fixing stuff around the house is empty I'll get some home equipment someday and give that a try haha!

You should give him a big hug and kiss and let him know how much you appreciate that you have this in common and that you appreciate his support. I'll be sure to do the same when my hubbie finishes cooking the largest turkey I have ever seen - it is in our oven right now and I am so excited about all of the turkey we will have to eat for the next week (I know it's not just for me and my protein needs haha, it is also to help with food expenses for the fam overall, but I know he is doing it for me too because I always want a lean meat at dinner!)

Thanks for writing Ericka - you can write a book here anytime

Thanksgiving awesomeness!!!

I hope everyone in the states had a great Thanksgiving weekend! I enjoyed the 4 days off from work to spend with family for sure. I got SO much done in preparation for Christmas and had a lot of quality time with the family so it was great! Lots of updates here since I haven't been on here since last Wednesday...

So Thursday morning my daughter and I ran her first 5k. It was mostly a walk. So much so that of all of the runners with chips we were second to last! There were tons of walkers behind us - but it is funny to see your name at the very bottom of the list! At least we weren't last! We finished in 56 minutes overall - not bad for her short little legs and it was pretty cold too - right at the freezing mark of 32 degrees. The problem was that she is just too young to understand the "slow and steady" thing - so we did a lot of sprint/walk fun for the first 2 miles (I'll beat you to that stop sign mommy! I'll beat you to that telephone pole mommy!), then the last mile she was just beat. The good part of that was that we held hands and walked and just kept talking about how much fun it was to have done the race together and that we were almost finished and ready to go out to breakfast. When she saw the blow up arch of the finish line she let go of my hand and took off at full speed to cross. She literally was pushing people out of the way and then stopped to walk right in front of them after she crossed - it was pretty funny - as it was all walkers they just laughed and thought she was really cute So we went to the diner with my friend and her son for breakfast afterward and vowed to make it a tradition every Thanksgiving to do the 5k and breakfast afterward. A good memory for sure!

I did pretty good with Thanksgiving dinner although I really just felt I couldn't estimate for tracking and gave up. I only had one glass of wine (shocked at that actually haha), bypassed mashed potatoes and stuffing and stuck to turkey, a small scoop of coleslaw, green bean casserole, and a big helping of sweet potato casserole. And then I had seconds of the sweet potato casserole - my husband made it and it was damn good! I then screwed up and ate a lot of this "heath bar" fudge bark stuff. Overall it probably wasn't much that I ate, but more than I wish I had. I then was way under my cals on Friday and Saturday and then at maintenance yesterday as it was my usual "treat night" with wine and chocolate and our favorite TV shows. Saturday we had a family funeral, my hub's uncle, so I didn't eat much as the reception at the church was lots of fat-loaded home cooked dishes from church members. My in-laws took the kids after the funeral and I got a chance to clean and start getting out Christmas decorations. Yesterday we got our tree and my daughter helped me decorate that one for the living room as well as the artificial tree I have in the family room for the kids. I still have a lot of greenery to put up around the house but otherwise the house is clean and decorated and I have most of my shopping done too! While I didn't get to the gym at all over the long weekend I was still incredibly productive and active so I'm good with it. Hoping to get back to it tomorrow!!

So here are my official tracking updates for the last several days...

Wednesday:
    Cals - 1609
    P - 112
    C - 216
    F - 34

Thursday:
    Walk/run of a 5k for activity - 56 minutes
    Stopped nutrition tracking at 2pm for dinner - oddly I think I still likely was under maintenance for the day even though my macros were likely terrible

Friday:
    Cals - 1104
    P - 104
    C - 82
    F - 38
    Even went out to dinner but I had a big piece of salmon and had a double order of broccoli. I was so full I couldn't snack when I got home - plus we didn't even eat until about 8pm since it was after a movie. I don't like being this far under my cals but I figured it was just fine since I had eaten plenty the day before!

Saturday:
    Cals - 1432
    P - 77
    C - 186
    F - 25

Sunday:
    Cals - 2178
    P - 91
    C - 226
    F - 88
    I actually had a couple of drinks during the day as we decorated the house and watched football and then had a glass of wine, some cheese and crackers, and a chocolate bar while we watched Boardwalk empire - hello carbs and fat...

Overall I'm pretty pleased with my nutrition because I don't feel deprived or hungry and my numbers are coming in decent (most of the time) - I need to weigh myself tomorrow morning to see where things stand. I'm kind of nervous that I have been doing pretty well with nutrition and my weight is the same and I will need to get more stringent with measuring, etc. I've been using measuring cups for a lot of stuff and eyeballing my chicken, etc. It might be time to break out the food scale to be more accurate with the nutrition tracking if I don't see the scale going down. We'll see!!

Random non-fitness and nutrition rant of the day:
    So my mom and sisters and I went to see the last Twilight movie on Friday. We have seen all of the others in the theater together - it's nice to have a girls night with my mom and sisters, we need to plan them more often. So anyway, movie was good, blah blah blah - my problem is that there was a woman in our row with a 4 or 5 year old little girl. I know this because she had to scootch in front of me 3 times during the movie to take the little girl to the bathroom. This really bothered me - I mean this is a movie about vampires and werewolves and there is a sex scene in it. Not really nudity, but TOTALLY inappropriate for a little girl. I would never have taken my daughter to this movie. Not even a thought to enter my head. So you can't get a babysitter or something to go see the movie? Big deal - you can see it when it comes out on video lady. I know I'm not the perfect parent, but this pissed me off. I'm generally a pretty friendly and laid back person but between this and other random rude people I encountered around town over the heavy shopping weekend, I found myself mumbling "I hate people. People are stupid." quite a bit over the last few days. Sometimes I just don't understand people!

gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Aww, cute about your daughter That's awesome!! Hahaha!

I wouldn't worry about the extra calories on Thanksgiving- it's one day! I always indulge during holidays! It's the best! Then you go deadlift and get PR's! hahaha! Food is awesome!!! Glad you had a great thanksgiving!!!!

Sounds like you're doing awesmoe with your diet, though Good job!!!

I agree with you about that movie being inappropriate for kids- and people drive me crazy sometimes as well, even though I'm also an easy-going happy-go-lucky person! Happens quite a bit, actually
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers

Current Journal: Adventure Time with Turkey
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170094463&p=1489770341#post1489770341

My Super Awesome SNS log- Lori Battles the Holiday Pudge (Finished):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140145363&page=2

"She's not overtraining- she just trains stupid" -Kimm4

CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hey MM

You certainly packed a lot into your long weekend!

I'm totally behind Lori on the not worrying about indulging front - no harm occasionally and training strength/energy definitely benefits!

Have an awesome gym sesh tomorrow if you can make it in
    The Journal: Epiphanies, DOMS & Cottage Cheese
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110296001

Things that a fashion-trained PT does:
    http://charli-cohen.com

really...just really DieselsMom's Avatar
    DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sounds like your run/walk was fun. I was wondering how it would go cause I know my daughter would not make 5k so figured that was the case. Its nice to realize not everything is a race sometimes it is the moments within that are worth the precious memories not the placing at the end.

I would have probably opened my big trap and said samething to that lady - I don't think that is excusable I have a hard time with that it is one of my fights in my house sometimes to remind my BIL (when he is there) and hubby that certain shows are definitely not appropriate for younger audiences even if it seems harmless to you.

As for the hubby exercising with you....depends on your relationship I think. My hubby and I can exercise around each other but aren't good partners for the most part - I get too emotional or bitchy or whatever you want to call it and usually isn't fun. I will ask for the occasional spot but in the long run push myself with my trainer for the higher numbers. Funny when I read that it sounds bad but its true. I do love my smith in my basement (has lat and rack attachment), between that a bench and powerblocks we can almost do it all.
    "That's not sweat that's your fat cells crying" anonymous

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147406883

Aww, cute about your daughter That's awesome!! Hahaha!

I wouldn't worry about the extra calories on Thanksgiving- it's one day! I always indulge during holidays! It's the best! Then you go deadlift and get PR's! hahaha! Food is awesome!!! Glad you had a great thanksgiving!!!!

Sounds like you're doing awesmoe with your diet, though Good job!!!

I agree with you about that movie being inappropriate for kids- and people drive me crazy sometimes as well, even though I'm also an easy-going happy-go-lucky person! Happens quite a bit, actually
    Thanks Lori! And sometimes stupid people make it hard to be easy going right? My latest was the lady parked in front of the supermarket doors with a huge Lincoln towncar. The ramp to get your cart down and out of the doors was completely blocked by her car. I had to hold my heavy cart while knocking on her window while she just stared at me while I yelled "Please move your car up! We can't get the carts out here!!!" She wasn't getting it and finally whoever she was waiting for came out and then she drove away. Idiots!

Originally Posted by CharliC
    You certainly packed a lot into your long weekend!

I'm totally behind Lori on the not worrying about indulging front - no harm occasionally and training strength/energy definitely benefits!

Have an awesome gym sesh tomorrow if you can make it in
    Haha - I think I didn't even talk about everything from the weekend either, it sure was a packed weekend! Definitely planning to get to the gym today, it's a rainy icky day so it's hard to get moving and out the door, but I...Must...Get...There!!!

Originally Posted by DieselsMom
    Sounds like your run/walk was fun. I was wondering how it would go cause I know my daughter would not make 5k so figured that was the case. Its nice to realize not everything is a race sometimes it is the moments within that are worth the precious memories not the placing at the end.

I would have probably opened my big trap and said samething to that lady - I don't think that is excusable I have a hard time with that it is one of my fights in my house sometimes to remind my BIL (when he is there) and hubby that certain shows are definitely not appropriate for younger audiences even if it seems harmless to you.

As for the hubby exercising with you....depends on your relationship I think. My hubby and I can exercise around each other but aren't good partners for the most part - I get too emotional or bitchy or whatever you want to call it and usually isn't fun. I will ask for the occasional spot but in the long run push myself with my trainer for the higher numbers. Funny when I read that it sounds bad but its true. I do love my smith in my basement (has lat and rack attachment), between that a bench and powerblocks we can almost do it all.
    Yep - I knew the 5k would be a challenge for her for sure. The furthest she has done when we have gone out in the neighborhood previously was 2 miles - so 3 miles was a lot more for her. My friend and I had looked for something with a 1 mile fun run for kids and couldn't find anything so we figured even if it took forever they should be able to finish okay. I'm looking forward to next year - I'll definitely have to get her out in the neighborhood or out on the trail to "practice" a bit more so that she is better prepared!

I know what you mean about TV shows too - when my daughter was a baby it wasn't a big deal to leave The Family Guy on during dinner - then when we realized she picked up on everything at like a year and a half and one night at the dinner table Quagmire said something that I wouldn't have wanted her to repeat at daycare (I can't even remember what it was - but it was definitely a "giggity" quote haha) - I knew the TV needed to be more closely monitored!

I've never thought about a Smith machine in the basement. Between that and a few dumbbells I could definitely do anything I wanted - a majority of my workout now is on the Smith because that's all I have at the gym anyway. I'll have to look into pricing and see what I find out

Good morning!

So yesterday I was pretty far under cals again - not necessarily a bad thing after Thanksgiving and then my "maintenance" eating on Sunday. The hubs cooked a humongous turkey yesterday so I ate lots of turkey and some carrots and peas last night, ending in a very full belly but pretty low cals for dinner.

Yesterday's tally...

Cals - 1225
    P - 109
    C - 115
    F - 36
    So a little low cal but I think my macros ended up pretty darn good considering (thank you delicious turkey)

So on to the meh news (not good, not bad). I haven't weighed myself in about 2 weeks I think. TOM visited, then Thanksgiving - basically I'm right exactly where I was the last time I weighed myself at 158. I was hoping it would have gone down a bit after losing TOM water weight and being more active last week than I have in a long time (between 4 workouts in one week which was the most I've had post surgery plus being so active over the weekend in general). I guess I should be happy - a lot of people gain weight over the Thanksgiving weekend and I'm par for the course.

So, I'm holding off on any drastic changes to get the scale moving again. I think I will break out the food scale to start weighing my dinner meats, etc - a few extra hundred calories here and there over the week can certainly mess up an intended deficit. I also need to start drinking more fluids, I've been really really bad with drinking water lately - and I need to watch the carbs (and I need to only have wine on Sunday nights and not throughout the week haha)

Okay - time to get some lunch here shortly, rest my belly a bit, and then off to the gym for this week's first full body workout - my first "heavy" set with 10 reps so this should be interesting! I keep telling myself I ate plenty over the long weekend and haven't been to the gym in 6 days so my body is fresh, fueled, and ready to go!!

gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Aww, scales are stupid! I know though that I retain water real bad when I slack off drinking it. Just keep trucking along! It'll happen.

Hope you have a great workout today!

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170094463&p=1489770341#post1489770341

geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000)
    oh im excited to hear how your gym session went!

it sounds like you had a really nice thanksgiving holiday. friends and family and a turkey trot with your daughter (squee!). lovely and relaxing. that's the important stuff.

little ones and movies. i am so with you. this is a big issue in my household actually, bc my husband and i don't see eye to eye. thankfully, we typically end disagreements baout how to raise the kids with the most conservative viewpoint wins.

he showed my then 4 year old boy (still a baby, really!) the movie 300 and i lost my ever loving mind. i am liberal and think that kids can handle more than we sometimes let them, but uh NO.

my littlest one won't be seeing more than caillou and kipper for a long time to come.

Originally Posted by geek23ka View Post
    oh im excited to hear how your gym session went!

it sounds like you had a really nice thanksgiving holiday. friends and family and a turkey trot with your daughter (squee!). lovely and relaxing. that's the important stuff.

little ones and movies. i am so with you. this is a big issue in my household actually, bc my husband and i don't see eye to eye. thankfully, we typically end disagreements baout how to raise the kids with the most conservative viewpoint wins.

he showed my then 4 year old boy (still a baby, really!) the movie 300 and i lost my ever loving mind. i am liberal and think that kids can handle more than we sometimes let them, but uh NO.

my littlest one won't be seeing more than caillou and kipper for a long time to come.
    You're so right geek - family stuff absolutely is the important stuff!! Haha - my youngest is in a rut with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Power Rangers, meanwhile the oldest (my 5 year old) is bored with the Disney cartoons, okay with Power Rangers, but really wants to watch the Disney shows meant for older kids like Good Luck Charlie, etc. Hubs is totally against this. I don't mind them so much most of the time, but he feels that the kids in those shows are so disrespectful and the parents are made out to be incredibly stupid so he doesn't want her watching them. I like the strong female characters and think that's not such a bad thing for her to see - but I understand where hubs is coming from too and support the "no Good Luck Charlie" rule he's recently made.

SMH at the 300 viewing - some of the warriors they fought were pretty vile and scary looking for little kiddos to go to sleep thinking about (let alone all of the bloody fighting haha!)

Aww, scales are stupid! I know though that I retain water real bad when I slack off drinking it. Just keep trucking along! It'll happen.

Hope you have a great workout today!
    Haha - scales are stupid! I do look in the mirror and see progress though, especially today at the gym a glance at myself sitting on the bench between sets I noticed my arms are getting a little better. As long as I'm making progress somewhere I'm happy!!

So GREAT workout today. I worked hard for the last rep of my bench and OHP sets, but I got it! Really excited to have gotten through 10 reps of the OHP, I really didn't think I'd be able to - it gives me hope that I just might be able to increase the weight at the end of this cycle on that after all, we'll see!

Squat (Smith)
    1x10 @ 45
    1x10 @ 65
    2x10 @ 105

BP (Smith)
    1x10 @ 25
    1x10 @ 35
    2x10 @ 55

OHP (Smith)
    2x10 @ 35 (Woot! Woot!)

SLDL (Smith)
    1x10 @ 45
    1x10 @ 65
    2x10 @ 105

BB Curl (straight bar)
    2x10 @40 (these felt super easy today - the turkey noodle soup for lunch must have really been a good PWO!)

Today's extra fun:
    Decline crunches
    2x20 (unweighted)

5 minute cooldown on the TM (4.0 incline, 4.0 MPH)

So I was feeling all good about my workout, looked at the clock and thought wow, that was really fast. Hmmm - totally missed my bent over row sets!!! I'll just have to hit them hard and not deload on my remaining workouts for those this week. Sheesh!

Another thing I noticed... I wore my gloves today for the first time in a while, I've been suffering a bit on the SLDLs and rows so thought I'd throw them on for those. I did notice my grip was really struggling now that I'm up to 10 reps on the SLDL even with the gloves - I'm concerned that as I hit my 11 and 12 rep weeks that I'll lose grip on the bar and drop it (it's on the Smith so no big deal) or need to set it down to get my grip back. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I love the story about your daughters race. How sweet that you held hands walking and were racing each other. That is things you will remember when she is my daughters age (24)
    When my daughter was young you really didn't have to worry about leaving the tv on ...now you really have to watch everything..
    Daily Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172687201
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Food Journal
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

Originally Posted by vanessa40 View Post
    I love the story about your daughters race. How sweet that you held hands walking and were racing each other. That is things you will remember when she is my daughters age (24)
    When my daughter was young you really didn't have to worry about leaving the tv on ...now you really have to watch everything..
    Definitely a memory I will treasure in my heart always V!

And you are so right - you have to be careful of everything on tv these days. It's amazing the curse words that are allowed on daytime tv on some stations...

really...just really DieselsMom's Avatar
    DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It's funny I agree with your hubs on the disney parents - they seem sooo stupid usually. The kids are big into Disney HD channel and so the other day I decided to watch with them (I figure Disney can't be bad right!) but man some of the things I saw made my jaw drop but it wasn't "bad" per se just not good either.

I have my own 300 story - I can home when my kids were 4 and 2 from work to find their older cousins watching Ninja Assassin with them. WTH, WTF and all the other WT.... words came out but couldn't get made at them as Dad and Uncle were sitting downstairs enjoying a beverage happy that the older ones were taking care of the younger ones. We lucked out and only had a couple days worth of nightmares from Xavier on it and thankfully Lexi was too young.

Good workout - I am wondering if during my recovery stage I should do more full body workouts? Hmmm just a thought. Grip wise I have to use straps I just can't hold on and I figure I would rather throw more weight around that worry if I can hold it up.
    "That's not sweat that's your fat cells crying" anonymous

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147406883

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'll just throw in my usual commercial for LiquidGrip here. My rdls went up like whoa when I started using it.
    "Eat some oatmeal, do some squats, how hard is that seriously."--Prof Ham
    ..............................................................................
    ...............................................................................
    For the lulz and an occasional intelligent thought, plus pics:

http://musclemilkisnotaeuphemism.blogspot.com/

Originally Posted by DieselsMom View Post
    It's funny I agree with your hubs on the disney parents - they seem sooo stupid usually. The kids are big into Disney HD channel and so the other day I decided to watch with them (I figure Disney can't be bad right!) but man some of the things I saw made my jaw drop but it wasn't "bad" per se just not good either.

I have my own 300 story - I can home when my kids were 4 and 2 from work to find their older cousins watching Ninja Assassin with them. WTH, WTF and all the other WT.... words came out but couldn't get made at them as Dad and Uncle were sitting downstairs enjoying a beverage happy that the older ones were taking care of the younger ones. We lucked out and only had a couple days worth of nightmares from Xavier on it and thankfully Lexi was too young.

Good workout - I am wondering if during my recovery stage I should do more full body workouts? Hmmm just a thought. Grip wise I have to use straps I just can't hold on and I figure I would rather throw more weight around that worry if I can hold it up.
    Haha Ninja Assassin - good grief! That reminds me of when I was like 6 or 7 my aunt was babysitting us and my older cousin put it on Poltergeist. I think my mom had to sleep in my twin bed with me for a week! Those movies still scare me!

The thing I really like about the full body workout is that I get a little bit of everything in whenever I can get to the gym - and everything hurts if I pushed myself well. I don't feel like I'm training anything less than I should be necessarily and if my schedule gets wacky for the week even two full body workouts are awesome, I didn't totally skip a body part or two because I didn't get those days in so it isn't so long between sessions for that body part. You might want to give it a try while things are kind of iffy for you!!

Originally Posted by dreahere View Post
    I'll just throw in my usual commercial for LiquidGrip here. My rdls went up like whoa when I started using it.
    Thanks for the commercial!

Since I go to a Planet Fitness now that we're on one income that would be perfect - I know I definitely can't use chalk there and even lifting straps I guarantee I'd get that stupid "Lunk Alarm" blown at me (I hate the ridiculousness of that gym but I can't afford my old gym right now - it sucks but I just keep minding my own business and try not to make too many grunting noises haha)

I'm about ready to order another round of protein powder so I'll have to add on the 1.5oz of that to my order and give it a try! Thanks so much for the suggestion!

vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Speaking of movies that scared you when you were young my dad was watching my sister and I when i was about 6. My mom had gone a baby shower and my dad turned on the TV and we watched the movie

Black Sabbath
    In this 1963 trilogy of chilling tales, a beautiful woman's ex-lover terrorizes her, a father returns home a vampire, and a ghost haunts a nurse. The vampire story -- probably the most famous of the three -- stars a poignant Boris Karloff, who also plays host for the anthology. Italian horror impresario Mario Bava served as writer, director and cinematographer for the film, and composer Les Baxter serves up the martini-soaked lounge score.

Yes i had nightmares for weeks....
    Daily Journal
    Food Journal
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

Woot! That's right - I'm 28 for the 8th time today!!! I really liked 28, so in my head that feels much more fun that turning 35

So I did have a good birthday present this morning - I stepped on the scale and it was down to the lowest it has been since before my pregnancy, surgeries, etc. - 157.2 lbs! I obviously was holding on to some extra water after the holidays or something. I'll take it either way - it shows that what I'm doing is working Then I came downstairs to hear my husband and kids sing happy birthday - a nice way to start the day!

I'm planning to get to the gym later today for some cardio and just for some birthday fun I might try to knock a leg press PR or something just to make myself feel good. I don't know that I've ever thrown 3 plates on each side for leg press so I might give it a whirl and see what happens I think I can do it! I'm just a little sore/stiff today from yesterday's workout so that has me feeling good about things too.

I was just thinking that I feel the best I have in a while. I know I still have more weight I want to lose, but now that my hormones are getting more under control, I'm eating, exercising, and sleeping well - I feel really good. Actually much better than I did 10 lbs lighter over the summer - I was under-eating and spending so much time at the gym that I was just tired and grouchy all the time. I feel like I am in a really good place right now - this balance thing is working out pretty good for me at the moment so I'm going to just keep at it!

Yesterday's nutrition:
    Cals - 1525
    P - 111
    C - 218
    F - 29
    I even ate a bowl of low fat/no sugar added ice cream last night to raise my calories to a good point. I love that I can eat well during the day and still indulge with some treats when I want to. It's such a simple concept yet sad that most people just can't get it.

Happy Wednesday everyone!

Speaking of movies that scared you when you were young my dad was watching my sister and I when i was about 6. My mom had gone a baby shower and my dad turned on the TV and we watched the movie

Black Sabbath
    In this 1963 trilogy of chilling tales, a beautiful woman's ex-lover terrorizes her, a father returns home a vampire, and a ghost haunts a nurse. The vampire story -- probably the most famous of the three -- stars a poignant Boris Karloff, who also plays host for the anthology. Italian horror impresario Mario Bava served as writer, director and cinematographer for the film, and composer Les Baxter serves up the martini-soaked lounge score.

Yes i had nightmares for weeks....
    Oh dear Lord - just reading that scares me haha. I don't do scary movies well!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

And what a great birthday gift
    It is wonderful to hear you are feeling better too..i hope that by my birthday i can say the same

You have a wonderful day
    Daily Journal
    Food Journal
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000)
    ~TEAM AMAZON~ Sisterhood of Iron

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144133491
    MyFitnessPal Food Diary: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/perpetua3d

"Whether you think you can or you thing you can't, you're right!" - Henry Ford

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

And what a great birthday gift
    It is wonderful to hear you are feeling better too..i hope that by my birthday i can say the same

You have a wonderful day
    Thank you V! I wish the very best to you and hope that you are feeling as happy with life as I do right now on your next birthday!

Originally Posted by Redfizz View Post
    Thank you!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

That's so cute about your family! Yay! And awesome about the weight loss! Congrats!!! Hope you have a wonderful day/workout!

Originally Posted by gobbles23 View Post
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

That's so cute about your family! Yay! And awesome about the weight loss! Congrats!!! Hope you have a wonderful day/workout!
    Thank you thank you thank you!!!

Just doing the prep work! jjeane's Avatar
    jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000)
    MM happy birthday!!!!!! I had a hard time with 35 last yr. I have a problem
    with the 5's not the decades.
    How did I miss so much great stuff in here? Glad the fun run went fantastic. Great memories, am proud of you both.
    Tv- same issues here. Why are the kids portrayed as smarted than the parents?
    Workouts look great!! Glad you are finding balance and feeling good.
    And awesomeness on the scale!
    HAPPY 35!
    Spoon Barbell Club

My Journal- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147722593

No person with dignity and a soul wants a hand out- they want to earn what they have. Jim Wendler

Set your bar high, be kind, and do more of what makes you stronger. Eleiko

Love over fear

Originally Posted by jjeane View Post
    MM happy birthday!!!!!! I had a hard time with 35 last yr. I have a problem
    with the 5's not the decades.
    How did I miss so much great stuff in here? Glad the fun run went fantastic. Great memories, am proud of you both.
    Tv- same issues here. Why are the kids portrayed as smarted than the parents?
    Workouts look great!! Glad you are finding balance and feeling good.
    And awesomeness on the scale!
    HAPPY 35!
    Thank you!!! It's so funny you said that about the 5's birthdays. I feel the same way. 20 wasn't that exciting because I couldn't wait to be 21. 25 was a "whatever" birthday, but it did make me feel a little older, maybe the first "icky" feeling birthday I had. I really liked turning 30 actually - it was like a new level of sexy and mature wrapped into one 35 is kind of icky because I feel closer to the phase where I thought of my own mom as "old" when I was a kid hahaha - isn't that weird? I'm hoping 40 feels a lot like how I felt at 30. If I keep this up - it definitely will I guess I'm embracing this bday on the 5s because I do feel like I'm at a good place in life from all angles, I know I'm lucky to have that so who cares about the number right?!!

Thanks again for the bday wishes!!