Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    EmSea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmSea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmSea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmSea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmSea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy I have absolutely no strength. Embarrassed to hit the gym.

Hey guys,

So I started this summer at 6'3" 263lbs, I am currently 223lbs. I accomplished this soley through dieting, but I now want to incorporate the gym into my routine. My problem is that I literally have no strength, never have. I can do leg exercises decently, but I can't curl 20 lbs for a proper set, nor can I do a pushup!! >=(

Here is my issue, I was always self-concious about my weight, but dropping 40lbs has given me a real boost of confidence in my everyday life. I feel nervous and embarrassed to show up at a gym not knowing what to do and lifting like 10lb dumbbells lol. I know I shouldn't care what other people think, but I just imagine my routine being unbearably uncomroftable.

Any motivational advice? Or some ways I can boost my strength at home prior to hitting up the gym or needing alot of equipment. A weekly routine would be awesome. =D

Boostronics is just really nice. (+1000) Boostronics is just really nice. (+1000) Boostronics is just really nice. (+1000) Boostronics is just really nice. (+1000) Boostronics is just really nice. (+1000) Boostronics is just really nice. (+1000) Boostronics is just really nice. (+1000) Boostronics is just really nice. (+1000) Boostronics is just really nice. (+1000) Boostronics is just really nice. (+1000) Boostronics is just really nice. (+1000)
    Turn your ipod on full volume and hit the gym hard. My first lifts:

Bench: 65
    Squat: bar
    Deadlift: 95
    Everything else, low weight

Everyone starts somewhere

Drakken682 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drakken682 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drakken682 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drakken682 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drakken682 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drakken682 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drakken682 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drakken682 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drakken682 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drakken682 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Drakken682 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Don't worry about it, you just started lifting weights and your body is not used to the moves yet. When I started I could barely bench press the bar and could only barbell curl 30 lbs. Within a few weeks your lifts will get boosted solely because your CNS and muscles get used to the motions.

Forget the others, focus only on you, on your form, on your diet, on your rest. No one will pay attention to you, no one will laugh at you. In fact, 95% of the people will be helpful if you need help; everyone started somewhere.

davidpdorsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidpdorsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidpdorsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidpdorsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidpdorsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidpdorsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidpdorsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidpdorsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidpdorsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidpdorsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidpdorsey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Think about it this way, those numbers can only increase by you hitting the gym and lifting. And review over some of the workouts on this site to get a general idea of exercises you can begin with.
    "Prefer knowledge to wealth, for the one is transitory, the other perpetual." ~Socrates

( NSCA-CPT )

CL White Flood review:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147483453

Beast Sports Nutrition- Beast Mode review:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149076503&p=967425433#post967425433

OP is probably a phaggot yepimonfire's Avatar
    yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    stronglifts.com OP. do it.

i was weaker then you starting out. basically the bar on everything lol. actually started out squatting my own bodyweight without the bar, but i was pretty fat back then lol.

sherx is on a distinguished road. (+10) sherx is on a distinguished road. (+10) sherx is on a distinguished road. (+10) sherx is on a distinguished road. (+10) sherx is on a distinguished road. (+10) sherx is on a distinguished road. (+10) sherx is on a distinguished road. (+10) sherx is on a distinguished road. (+10) sherx is on a distinguished road. (+10) sherx is on a distinguished road. (+10) sherx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by EmSea View Post
    Here is my issue, I was always self-concious about my weight, but dropping 40lbs has given me a real boost of confidence in my everyday life. I feel nervous and embarrassed to show up at a gym not knowing what to do and lifting like 10lb dumbbells lol. I know I shouldn't care what other people think, but I just imagine my routine being unbearably uncomroftable.
    Do you want to know what I think when I see someone "weak", skinny or overweight hitting it up at the gym? "Good on you!"

You have to start somewhere and so did EVERYONE else in the gym standing next to you. Remember that.

VAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by sherx View Post
    Do you want to know what I think when I see someone "weak", skinny or overweight hitting it up at the gym? "Good on you!"

You have to start somewhere and so did EVERYONE else in the gym standing next to you. Remember that.
    This exactly.

It's better than that dude who looks like he lifts, but then puts WAY too much on the bar, can barely eek out 2 1/4 ROM reps, and then ADDS MORE.

Nobody is going to judge you on that. They know you are either starting out, recovering from an injury, hell even a major deload week.
    Trust me, it's not the dude giving his all with what he can that get's judged. It the ones trying to show off doing things they can't handle.

matsor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matsor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matsor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matsor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matsor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matsor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matsor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matsor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matsor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matsor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matsor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When I was 16 my doctor told me to lose weight so I started jogging. I was very embarrassed, not about the jogging itself, but the idea of people I knew seeing me. I used to run at around midnight so nobody would see me. After a few weeks though the mental strength I had gained through exercising lead me to question my embarrassment and now I run at whatever time of day I want to.

I don't think there is anything I can say to motivate you, but most people have been in your position and the only way to get out of it is to just bite the bullet and go and work out. People really do not care about watching you.

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sherx View Post

Exactly right. I have enormous respect for weak/skinny/overweight guys in the gym, because clearly they got over the fears and hesitation, tried something new, and are now on the right path. I feel good about what they're doing because I expect they'll see some of the same benefits I'm seeing.

jeremyisfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeremyisfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeremyisfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeremyisfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeremyisfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeremyisfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeremyisfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeremyisfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeremyisfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeremyisfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeremyisfat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It tooks me forever to work out at the gym without a hoodie on. I was basically hiding in a giant sweat shirt(it wasn't so giant on me at the time). Eventually, you won't even notice anyone else there. Just focus on you.

echang is on a distinguished road. (+10) echang is on a distinguished road. (+10) echang is on a distinguished road. (+10) echang is on a distinguished road. (+10) echang is on a distinguished road. (+10) echang is on a distinguished road. (+10) echang is on a distinguished road. (+10) echang is on a distinguished road. (+10) echang is on a distinguished road. (+10) echang is on a distinguished road. (+10) echang is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Like others have said, everyone starts somewhere bro. When you're at the gym, focus on yourself. Focus on the movement, and really feel the muscle being worked. Look up starting strength and give that routine a go. Wish you the best of luck (:
    S/B/D - 390/270/475 - 1135

KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000) KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000) KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000) KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000) KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000) KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000) KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000) KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000) KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000) KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000) KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000)
    Let me say this. NO ONE WILL EVERRRRRRR MAKE FUN OF YOU DOING PROPER FORM WITH A SMALL AMOUNT OF WEIGHT, AND IF THEY DO, THEY ARE A ****ING LOSER. Do what you can properly do in an 8-12 rep range to start out and give yourself a good base, and the strength comes in time. I was curling 15's when I started and squatting with a 25 plate in my hands. The people that can lift heavy, know what it took to get there. Unless like I said, they are complete jackasses...in that case who give a **** what they think?
    Started @ 2009 - 335 LBS & 37% BF
    Now @ 2014 - 210 LBS & 11% BF

"Get what you like so you're not stuck having to like what you get."
    "Ghime? What's a ghime?" *Homer walks into the gym* "Oh, haha...a GHIME."

Rydsta is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Rydsta is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Rydsta is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Rydsta is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Rydsta is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Rydsta is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Rydsta is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Rydsta is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Rydsta is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Rydsta is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Rydsta is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Don't worry, the only people who really get made fun of at the gym are bros lifting weight they clearly can't handle. I, and the majority of people have respect for others at the gym if they're putting in an honest effort and working out properly.

Some free weights for home would be a good investment. I started out with 20 lb dumbells and a bench press and was able to put on a decent amount of muscle and strength before getting a gym membership.

Jason155 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jason155 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jason155 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jason155 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jason155 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jason155 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jason155 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jason155 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jason155 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jason155 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jason155 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I know how you feel, man.

Just got back to the gym after being out of commission for 2 years+ from a bad car accident.

Lost about 50 pounds during all the chaos and aftermath of the crash and went from 200lbs to 150.

I was curling about 45 pounds when it all happened - got back and I honestly struggled with 20lbs.

Djent22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Djent22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Djent22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Djent22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Djent22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Djent22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Djent22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Djent22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Djent22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Djent22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Djent22 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey guys,

So I started this summer at 6'3" 263lbs, I am currently 223lbs. I accomplished this soley through dieting, but I now want to incorporate the gym into my routine. My problem is that I literally have no strength, never have. I can do leg exercises decently, but I can't curl 20 lbs for a proper set, nor can I do a pushup!! >=(

Any motivational advice? Or some ways I can boost my strength at home prior to hitting up the gym or needing alot of equipment. A weekly routine would be awesome. =D
    dude, don't worry about it. I 225-230 when i started and I could barely lift 25 plates on each side so I did 15lb on each side (on the bench press). 3 months later, im doing 165 in reps.. Do u have a 24/7 gym u could go to? If not, it's best to go when the gym opens or 30 minutes before they close. that way not many people will be around you,, also, what u could do is just use dumbbells. but really, no one gives a ****a bout how much u lift and if they give u **** about it then they're the weird ones for going to the gym to judge people instead of actually lifting.

Clense is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clense is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clense is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clense is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clense is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clense is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clense is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clense is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clense is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clense is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clense is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Bro, everyone has been there at one time or another.

You have to start low with what you can do, and you will get stronger much faster than expected.
    Guided by the רוח הקודש
    Son of the Most High יהוה
    Saved by the Messiah ישוע

(open to all 1 on 1 theological discussions via Skype - PM ME)

HardWorkandRest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HardWorkandRest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HardWorkandRest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HardWorkandRest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HardWorkandRest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HardWorkandRest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HardWorkandRest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HardWorkandRest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HardWorkandRest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HardWorkandRest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HardWorkandRest has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I know EXACTLY how you feel. I used to have pretty good lifts when I could go to the gym on a consistent basis. Starting my career as an automotive technician, which is a commissioned based pay scale, as well as a relationship I've been in for a little over two years now, I lost my priorities of lifting. I put on some weight and ended up reaching my heaviest of 252lbs. I finally started dieting in February of this year, and got down to 205lbs. I decided I wanted to start lifting again, and holy ****. I lifted last night, I could barely bench 135x12, and 155x8. All my weight from there on was miniscule, and I felt like crap. But you'll never get any stronger by walking out the door. You gotta stay there, go to work, and leave when your shift is over. Don't lose motivation, it will come in time. You gotta put in the work to see results bro. Best of luck!
    Nothin but a peanut!

Even if winning isn't logical, losing is far from optional.

Team FrvrMuscle

UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000)
    And for the record.. Building muscle, in terms of bodybuilding, has little to nothing to do with how much weight your lifting or your strength. It's more so about training to hypertrophy, contracting, exhausting, and breaking down the muscle. Lift for contraction and hypertrophy, not for the ego. Strength will come in time.

wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50) wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50) wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50) wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50) wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50) wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50) wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50) wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50) wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50) wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50) wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    When I started a year ago (May 2011), I could barely do 95x5 BP. I was fat and weak. I felt the same way you do right now. I avoided the free weight area because I didn't want to look like a bitch, but eventually I stopped caring what people thought and just focused on myself. By the end of the year I was able to hit 225x1 (I'm still fat and weak, haha). I know that's not a big accomplishment, but it felt good to finally hit that landmark. Since that time I haven't really focused on strength gain because I was getting burned out. Losing a lot of weight and gaining strength don't seem to go hand in hand. I figure that when I cut down down to the 180-190 range I can switch my focus to getting a lot stronger. The point is you just need to forget about what other people think. Most people don't care or even pay attention to what the people around them are doing. Just don't use the bench to do upright rows or the squat rack to do curls and you'll be fine bro.

JRizzle86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Having been in this situation (5'11" and 235 lbs. at 19), I totally get how you're feeling. You really have to just have blinders on when you get in the gym. Having the gym at a college known for having the "Hottest Co-Eds" at UCF made it a struggle at first, but then I realized it's not about them. You can't really worry about how other people perceive you. I assure you no one's judging (and if they are, they should be more worried about their own sh*t).

Now I'm down to 160 lbs. and 5% body fat, mostly because of the mental part of sticking to the diet and workout. If I had to put a ratio on mental vs. physical, I'd say it's about 80/20 in favor of mental. Just keep pushing and you'll get where you wanna go. Keep it up!!!!!
    June 2012 "Men's Fitness" Transformation Story
    NerdyGymRat.com

Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Everyone has to start somewhere. I know I'm not the strongest in the gym, but what I do know is that I feel I try twice as hard as anyone in there at all times. So that mind set keeps me going. The harder you try the more you will gain. Just don't let anything or anyone discourage you.
    NPC Amateur.

Central Texas Showdown 2012: No placing
    Independence Day Classic 2014: 3rd Place - Novice Heavyweight

Mind + Body + Nature + Universe

"Life doesn't exist anywhere but Earth? That's like taking a cup of ocean water and saying there aren't any whales in the ocean." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Think abstract, ask questions.

HB894 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HB894 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HB894 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HB894 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HB894 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HB894 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HB894 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HB894 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HB894 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HB894 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HB894 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    dont worry OP. so far you've done well, you've lost weight. but dont give up now, carry on with what you are doing and in a few years you will look back and thank yourself for carrying on.

when it comes to being in the gym, a lot of people have already given good advice here. a good mindset to have is to just try not to give a flying fcuk what other people think of you. i used to be pretty fat, no strength. started at the gym, i could do 1 pull up, just. struggled to bench 90lb for 1 rep. everyone else in the gym was bigger than i was, asking guys who were 200lb and leanif i could use the deadlift platform was sometimes really embarrassing, but i stuck to what i was doing. im still not incredibly lean or strong, but i feel better about myself and have a lot more confidence in myself.

Do what many others have done OP, keep it up. make short term goals as well as long term ones, so that you are constantly achieving, and hence staying motivated. good luck
    *Misc Horse Head Crew*
    *Took an arrow to the knee crew*
    *Forever alone crew*

JRizzle86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    HB, I couldn't have said it better myself. It's gotta be about what you want out of it, not about other people. I started out with less-than-pure intentions when I got serious about lowering the body fat for the "Men's Fitness" shoot (translation: give the finger to all the girls who used the "I think of you as a friend" line haha).

Eventually I burned out and found that it was because my mind was totally focused on the wrong thing. Once I started doing things for me and set goals (newest one being to beat the snot out of the Super Spartan in Miami), it made being constantly motivated THAT much easier.

OP, you're gonna be fine. Eye on the prize, whatever it may be. Challenge yourself every day and it'll be worth it in the long run
    June 2012 "Men's Fitness" Transformation Story
    NerdyGymRat.com

Jaybools has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jaybools has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jaybools has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jaybools has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jaybools has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jaybools has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jaybools has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jaybools has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jaybools has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jaybools has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jaybools has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Don't worry about it man. I don't lift heaps (see sig) but I get respect from a couple of guys complimenting me on my form. I look a bit chubby, but I try to make sure I do stuff properly. This might mean I'm squatting 65kg nearly touching my ass at the ground, but compared to the guy squatting 140kg and not even getting parallel, I'll be far better off.

If you're in there doing it properly then it doesnt matter how huge you are.
    (Kilograms)

------------ Current ---------- Target
    Bench 5RM -- 67.5kg --------> 100kg
    Squat 5RM --- 72.5kg ---------> 140kg
    Deadlift 5RM - 120kg --------> 180kg

Arimatest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Arimatest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Arimatest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Arimatest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Arimatest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Arimatest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Arimatest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Arimatest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Arimatest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Arimatest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Arimatest is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just stick with it no one no one at all has started at the top or where they wanted to be. there is no need to be embarrassed everyone at the gym is trying to get better you are no different. remember work on your form and move up in weights as you can. always push to your limit never go half ass on any workout and you will see results. also diet diet diet stick to a good diet that is about 80% of where results come from.

Keep your head up! everyone starts somewhere,

Arimatest

Registered User SelfReInvention's Avatar
    SelfReInvention has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    As somebody who works in a gym I can you tell you one thing....your in a gym simple as that! Iv seen people join my gym who are easily over 300lbs and they always say the same thing to me! "I'm embarrassed", "people will judge me"! The only thing people will see is somebody working hard to achieve a better way of life!

affine will become famous soon enough. (+50) affine will become famous soon enough. (+50) affine will become famous soon enough. (+50) affine will become famous soon enough. (+50) affine will become famous soon enough. (+50) affine will become famous soon enough. (+50) affine will become famous soon enough. (+50) affine will become famous soon enough. (+50) affine will become famous soon enough. (+50) affine will become famous soon enough. (+50) affine will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The fastest gains I've ever seen were those of when I just started working out. After maybe 3-4 bench days, my lifts started increasing as much as 5% a week. Obviously you'll hit plateaus at some point, but you typically do not at lower weights like that.

Just hit the gym really hard go to failure, and lift as heavy as you can.

ace333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ace333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ace333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ace333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ace333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ace333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ace333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ace333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ace333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ace333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ace333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hang in there man, I was in your position about 5-6 months ago. I was a complete gym noob and had about a 135lb DL. Since going consistently with a good diet I've gotten that 135lb DL all the way to a 315lb DL. Everything about the gym is a marathon, not a sprint. I've seen kids in my gym the same age as me who are much weaker than me, but I always remember I was once in their shoes.

MrAzure is just really nice. (+1000) MrAzure is just really nice. (+1000) MrAzure is just really nice. (+1000) MrAzure is just really nice. (+1000) MrAzure is just really nice. (+1000) MrAzure is just really nice. (+1000) MrAzure is just really nice. (+1000) MrAzure is just really nice. (+1000) MrAzure is just really nice. (+1000) MrAzure is just really nice. (+1000) MrAzure is just really nice. (+1000)
    nobody cares who you are at the gym unless its a weightlifting class in college. (srs)
    ***Los Angeles MISC Crew***

Apothecurious is just really nice. (+1000) Apothecurious is just really nice. (+1000) Apothecurious is just really nice. (+1000) Apothecurious is just really nice. (+1000) Apothecurious is just really nice. (+1000) Apothecurious is just really nice. (+1000) Apothecurious is just really nice. (+1000) Apothecurious is just really nice. (+1000) Apothecurious is just really nice. (+1000) Apothecurious is just really nice. (+1000) Apothecurious is just really nice. (+1000)
    I wouldn't be too concerned about what other people are thinking about you in the gym. Most people (at most gyms) have no idea what they're doing themselves anyways. Just make sure you go in there with a plan on exactly what you want to do, and that you have some basic knowledge on proper form and such.

I think people would be more 'annoyed' if you went in there not knowing what you were doing and tried to lift huge amounts of weight with terrible form. I personally would appreciate someone taking more time to learn proper form at lower weights than someone who is so concerned with 'looking strong' and attempting to lift way more than they should.

Hey guys,

Alterum Alterius Auxilio Eget
    "Each Needs the Help of the Other"