fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

56 grams penne = pretty good portion size

I usually try to keep carbs pretty low but tonight had a craving for pasta and decided to whip up a bowl of chicken alfredo. I weighed out56 grams of penne dry. Even on the scale, when dry, it seemed like a pretty good serving size and with cooking the volume increased much more than I was expecting and easily more than 1.5 cups. It was a perfectly pleasing serving of pasta for less than 200 calories, makes me wonder if my scale is broken...Anyone else surprised at the amount of pasta they can easily fit in their macros and actually have a filling, satisfying meal? happy belly.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by fldhkybnva View Post
    I usually try to keep carbs pretty low but tonight had a craving for pasta and decided to whip up a bowl of chicken alfredo. I weighed out56 grams of penne dry. Even on the scale, when dry, it seemed like a pretty good serving size and with cooking the volume increased much more than I was expecting and easily more than 1.5 cups. It was a perfectly pleasing serving of pasta for less than 200 calories, makes me wonder if my scale is broken...Anyone else surprised at the amount of pasta they can easily fit in their macros and actually have a filling, satisfying meal? happy belly.
    I think you get barely any pasta per serving/calories....

Odd you think it's lots?
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

Ncueter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ncueter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ncueter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ncueter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ncueter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ncueter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ncueter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ncueter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ncueter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ncueter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ncueter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Dude, tonight for dinner I made 1.5 serving of whole wheat pasta, with 112g of grilled chicken and marinara sauce + tbsp of olive oil...SO GOOOOOOD. It is correct, the pasta absorbs the water and increases in size, your scale is not broken. o

fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    I think you get barely any pasta per serving/calories....

Odd you think it's lots?
    It's definitely not lots but with some protein and veggies added, the meal fills up a good sized dinner plate.

Hummina is just really nice. (+1000) Hummina is just really nice. (+1000) Hummina is just really nice. (+1000) Hummina is just really nice. (+1000) Hummina is just really nice. (+1000) Hummina is just really nice. (+1000) Hummina is just really nice. (+1000) Hummina is just really nice. (+1000) Hummina is just really nice. (+1000) Hummina is just really nice. (+1000) Hummina is just really nice. (+1000)
    im italian. one italian serving of pasta is at least 5x that!
    February 2009 - 295lbs - never again...
    May 2011 - 202lbs
    June 2011 - 199lbs
    July 2011 - 192lbs
    August 2011 - 190lbs
    September 2011 - 187lbs
    October 2011 - 185lbs

LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    OP weighs 90 lbs.

Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Hummina View Post
    im italian. one italian serving of pasta is at least 5x that!
    Old Italian granny complained that the 'family sized' bags of pasta (5 servings) were barely enough for one person.

I couldn't resist...I hugged her.
    "Do you have an erection, man?"

"I just broke a personal record on deadlift."

"And now I have an erection."