Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    OldCarver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Was looking to buy a weight bench, can anyone give me some solid recommendations?

Checked the FAQ and saw the list of preferred brands favored by users here but I still would like some good suggestions if anyone could help. This is for home use obviously; I do have a gym I go to but I want to start incorporating my dumbbell workouts (primarily what I use it for) at my home setting as well. I'd just like a good Flat/Incline/Decline bench, basic but fully versatile for anything I want to do. As long as it's fully adjustable and solid so there's no need to worry about it wobbling (can't get anything that has to be screwed into the floor like some I've seen), I'd be happy. I'm still learning much about gym terms and exercising in general so I don't know what the term would be but I don't need a bench for bench pressing; as I said, just want this for my dumbbell exercises and some other things I do that requires a bench or using one helps.

Budget...I'm not really sure how much, as long as it can do the job and will last I'll be happy so I guess I'm open to suggestions. Like I said, I go to the gym almost every day and make use of one there too so my home one will be used as well but probably not as much. I have no idea where I should try and get one either, as there aren't too many stores in my area that specialize in gym equipment, in fact the only things that come to mind are Dunhams Sports and Dick's Sporting Goods. Buying online is fine for me (do 90% of my shopping online anyway) so I don't have a problem going that route. I hope this is enough to go by, I'm sure you get newbs like me all the time so I tried to be as detailed as I could. To enlight on the price, while I want something good and dependable and I don't want to be cheap, I also don't want to spend a whole lot on something like this if I don't have to since I go to a gym as well and this is strictly for home-use when I either can't go to the gym or just for the days when I want to change up my routine. Hope that makes sense and thanks to anyone that can help this poor soul out.

Multivitaminico is not very helpful. (-500) Multivitaminico is not very helpful. (-500) Multivitaminico is not very helpful. (-500) Multivitaminico is not very helpful. (-500) Multivitaminico is not very helpful. (-500) Multivitaminico is not very helpful. (-500) Multivitaminico is not very helpful. (-500) Multivitaminico is not very helpful. (-500) Multivitaminico is not very helpful. (-500) Multivitaminico is not very helpful. (-500) Multivitaminico is not very helpful. (-500)
    most people here would recommned ironmaster bench or some other that cost $500 and above lmao, but you probably don't want to spend that much

people here are extremists and paranoid, they just want dat dere 1000lbs bench lmao who lifts 1000lbs? who weights 500lbs?

there are many benches around $100-200 that will not break under lots of weight, much more than you will ever lift

This weight bench on amazon has great reviews, I own it and I have no problems, it is also foldable

most people here would see the low price, and assume is crap lol but is not

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Fitness-B...s=weight+bench

and it only costs $110

daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Multivitaminico View Post

This weight bench on amazon has great reviews, ..............
    Do you mean like these Amazon reviews:

"the bench is simply too small to be an effective workout tool"

"the stability wasn't that great as it seemed to wobble side to side."

"You will need a second dedicated bench for bench presses."

"Since it wobbles, you are limited to meaningless weight (unless you want to end up in the hospital!)."

There are plenty more honest reviews too, but I'm sure the op gets the idea.

Op, if you want a good solid, yet affordable FID bench, the IM Superbench is hard to beat.

It's only draw back is that it's 21 inches tall in the flat position, and some people find that too tall.

http://www.ironmaster.com/super-bench.html

Multivitaminico is not very helpful. (-500) Multivitaminico is not very helpful. (-500) Multivitaminico is not very helpful. (-500) Multivitaminico is not very helpful. (-500) Multivitaminico is not very helpful. (-500) Multivitaminico is not very helpful. (-500) Multivitaminico is not very helpful. (-500) Multivitaminico is not very helpful. (-500) Multivitaminico is not very helpful. (-500) Multivitaminico is not very helpful. (-500) Multivitaminico is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by daniel327 View Post
    Do you mean like these Amazon reviews:

"the bench is simply too small to be an effective workout tool"

"the stability wasn't that great as it seemed to wobble side to side."

"You will need a second dedicated bench for bench presses."

"Since it wobbles, you are limited to meaningless weight (unless you want to end up in the hospital!)."

There are plenty more honest reviews too, but I'm sure the op gets the idea.

Op, if you want a good solid, yet affordable FID bench, the IM Superbench is hard to beat.

It's only draw back is that it's 21 inches tall in the flat position, and some people find that too tall.

http://www.ironmaster.com/super-bench.html

lol at recommending the bench that i said you guys would

I'm fully aware that IM bench is impressive, in fact, I would love to have it

but some of us, do not have the money to spend $400 on a bench

daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I'm fully aware that IM bench is impressive, in fact, I would love to have it

but some of us, do not have the money to spend $400 on a bench
    This thread isn't about you and your lack of means.

The op asked for "solid recommendations". I provided such. You didn't.

This thread isn't about you and your lack of means.

The op asked for "solid recommendations". I provided such. You didn't.
    lmao I provided the same recommendation you did

I mentioned "ironmaster bench" before you did

if op is not an idiot, he could have easily searched for "ironmaster bench" after I said that most people recommend that bench

and you recommended a bench that I said people would recommend here

you basically just repeated what i said

Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would personally stay away from a bench with collapsible legs. Maybe waiting it out for a used commercial bench on craigslist is your best bet.

Bench specification table
    Http://bodybuilding.wikkii.com/wiki/Benches
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #3 ▪██─────██▪

○---○ [[[[-----]]]] York Barbell Crew #52 [[[[-----]]]] ○---○
    ( DD Crew, Globes, Kg's, + )

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #45 ▪█─────█▪

~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

Originally Posted by Northernmoris View Post
    I would personally stay away from a bench with collapsible legs. Maybe waiting it out for a used commercial bench on craigslist is your best bet.

those prices are outdated

most of those benches cost a lot more than what it says on there

Ironmaster bench costs almost $400

Ironmaster products are good, but totally overpriced and they rape you with shipping costs

Ironmaster bench costs almost $400

Ironmaster products are good, but totally overpriced and they rape you with shipping costs
    The Ironmaster bench is $269 + $35 shipping.

This is significantly less than $400 for the bench.

The shipping charge is more than reasonable for a 73lb consignment.

The Ironmaster bench is $269 + $35 shipping.

This is significantly less than $400 for the bench.

The shipping charge is more than reasonable for a 73lb consignment.
    still overpriced for what it is

yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You fail. I have the IM bench and it's worth every penny and then some. It's the only bench you'll ever need at home and treated properly, it will last a lifetime. Same for the IM dumbbells.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.19

Proud Owner of an Irish Tan

Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Dude, you are so wrong here esp. comparing to half ass crap you recommended in your post.

pcake will become famous soon enough. (+50) pcake will become famous soon enough. (+50) pcake will become famous soon enough. (+50) pcake will become famous soon enough. (+50) pcake will become famous soon enough. (+50) pcake will become famous soon enough. (+50) pcake will become famous soon enough. (+50) pcake will become famous soon enough. (+50) pcake will become famous soon enough. (+50) pcake will become famous soon enough. (+50) pcake will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    do yourself a favor and stay away from low priced benches. i've had several. some wobbled - well, eventually they all did. some had parts break off, and all were uncomfortable to use in one way or another. if budget is a concern, you might consider looking for a high quality bench on your local craigslist.

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP, stick with IMaster, Body solid, or Powertec, or Rouougee. Look for a limit of at least 1000 lbs and you won't go far wrong.
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()

DrForce will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrForce will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrForce will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrForce will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrForce will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrForce will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrForce will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrForce will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrForce will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrForce will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrForce will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just out of curiosity, what do you think it should cost to ship a 73 pound item?

Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This FID bench from Inspire looks pretty solid, similar to a Hoist bench but less expensive. It sells for around $299 at online retailers. I have no experience with it though.

http://www.inspirefitness.net/catalo...products_id=37

ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    most people here would recommned ironmaster bench or some other that cost $500 and above lmao, but you probably don't want to spend that much

people here are extremists and paranoid, they just want dat dere 1000lbs bench lmao who lifts 1000lbs? who weights 500lbs?
    You joined in 2011 so you are not a noob around here, why would you go around making statements like that. How about making a recommendation without trashing the opinions of people that are obviously more knowledgable then you?

People buy benches with a 1000lb weight limit because they want a bench that is stable, and strong, built to last. The number is merely a guide that tells you "this thing won't break under normal use". That fold up bench you linked may be suitable for trainers to accompany a 45 lb dumbbell set, but as far as heavy barbell work goes, I wouldnt put my career or future health on the line by lying on that flimsey piece of tin can with anything more then a 10 lb med ball above my head.
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

Originally Posted by ProtienandIron View Post
    You joined in 2011 so you are not a noob around here, why would you go around making statements like that. How about making a recommendation without trashing the opinions of people that are obviously more knowledgable then you?

People buy benches with a 1000lb weight limit because they want a bench that is stable, and strong, built to last. The number is merely a guide that tells you "this thing won't break under normal use". That fold up bench you linked may be suitable for trainers to accompany a 45 lb dumbbell set, but as far as heavy barbell work goes, I wouldnt put my career or future health on the line by lying on that flimsey piece of tin can with anything more then a 10 lb med ball above my head.
    And why do you assume op wants to train with barbell bench press? Maybe he wants to train with dumbbells which are superior when it comes to building chest, any ******* can lift a lot of weight in barbell, you barely even use your chest, is just an ego exercise ... my brother who actually owns the same foldable bench i recommended, this bench has a 500lbs max, he has been using for more than 2 years, lifting 100 lbs dumbbells + his 200 lbs bodyweight and never had a problem, how many on this site weight 200lbs and lift 100lbs each dumbbell? Not many, definitly not op lol ... *******s here just see the low price and assume is crap and is gonna break under 100lbs

Strong paranoids

And why do you assume op wants to train with barbell bench press? Maybe he wants to train with dumbbells which are superior when it comes to building chest, any ******* can lift a lot of weight in barbell, you barely even use your chest, is just an ego exercise ... my brother who actually owns the same foldable bench i recommended, this bench has a 500lbs max, he has been using for more than 2 years, lifting 100 lbs dumbbells + his 200 lbs bodyweight and never had a problem, how many on this site weight 200lbs and lift 100lbs each dumbbell? Not many, definitly not op lol ... *******s here just see the low price and assume is crap and is gonna break under 100lbs

Strong paranoids
    I'm glad your brother can lift 100 lb dumbbells, because you obviously don't know jack/. Your post shows a high of ignorance and immaturity.

For the record, I don't use dumbbells often, but the last time I did I benched 110 lb per hand for reps. I built that strength mostly with barbells, not dumbbells. I DON'T consider myself strong by the standards on here, and the fact that you do shows just how much you have to learn, and train.

Now get yourself back to the misc where no one wants you either.
    My training log:
    ---------------

Originally Posted by ProtienandIron View Post
    I'm glad your brother can lift 100 lb dumbbells, because you obviously don't know jack/. Your post shows a high of ignorance and immaturity.

For the record, I don't use dumbbells often, but the last time I did I benched 110 lb per hand for reps. I built that strength mostly with barbells, not dumbbells. I DON'T consider myself strong by the standards on here, and the fact that you do shows just how much you have to learn, and train.

Now get yourself back to the misc where no one wants you either.
    U mad?

I never said my brother was strong, it was an example to show that the bench can hold plenty of weight

Strong butthurts up in here

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP, where are you located?
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #39 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #2 ▪█─────█▪

▪[[[[────]]]]▪ York Barbell Club #93 (DD) ▪[[[[────]]]]▪

▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #10 ▪[M]====[6]▪

186lbs in Avatar

dtownlifter1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtownlifter1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtownlifter1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtownlifter1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtownlifter1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtownlifter1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtownlifter1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtownlifter1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtownlifter1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtownlifter1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtownlifter1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Talking

Originally Posted by Northernmoris View Post

This is good advice OP if you have a little patience and are good at negotiating. 2 yrs ago I picked up a comm'l Icarian flat incline bench and a pair of 65lb rubber hex db's for $250 here in Dallas on CL --- this bench is a tank

And why do you assume op wants to train with barbell bench press? Maybe he wants to train with dumbbells which are superior when it comes to building chest, any ******* can lift a lot of weight in barbell, you barely even use your chest, is just an ego exercise
    Which muscle comic did you read that in?

... my brother who actually owns the same foldable bench i recommended, this bench has a 500lbs max, he has been using for more than 2 years, lifting 100 lbs dumbbells + his 200 lbs bodyweight and never had a problem,
    This anecdotal evidence is not going to help the OP when he is lying on the floor buried underneith a barbell or dumbbells.

how many on this site weight 200lbs and lift 100lbs each dumbbell? Not many, definitly not op lol
    Maybe I read this part wrong, but you stated '100 lbs @200 lb bodyweight' like it was something rare or unachievable. My point was that it is not- if you are training right, it will happen sooner then you think. So buying a cheap crappy bench will not be suitable for long= false economy.

... *******s here just see the low price and assume is crap and is gonna break under 100lbs

Strong paranoids
    Read the rest of my first post and Daniels where he quoted the reviews- Stability is obviously an issue for this bench. A folding bench is always a compromise, and at that price its one of many that the company has taken while building it. When you use a good bench be it semi/full commercial, you will understand.

Strong butthurts up in here
    Buthurt?... no, I just don't respond well to people with a bad attitude and zero knowledge on the subject acting like they know it all. I've only seen you in two threads so far and your attitude has been the same in both. I rarely judge on rep power but at 500 posts and 16rep, it seems that BB.com is doing something right.
    My training log:
    ---------------

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by OldCarver View Post
    Checked the FAQ and saw the list of preferred brands favored by users here ...

....Budget...I'm not really sure how much....
    Like anything else, you get what you pay for. And with something like exercise equipment (especially a bench, which you're going to load with (eventually) heavy weight along with your body weight), you'll do well to save up a few extra $$$ and go with one of the forum favorites.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz

there are many benches around $100-200 that will not break under lots of weight, much more than you will ever lift

This weight bench on amazon has great reviews, I own it and I have no problems, it is also foldable

most people here would see the low price, and assume is crap lol but is not

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Fitness-B...s=weight+bench

and it only costs $110

Your making this recommendation to the OP about this crappy ass bench when you have to ask if you can even make gains with the cheap junk you already own?

-75lbs dumbbells
    -incline bench
    -lat pulldown machine (150lbs max)
    -triceps pushdown machine (120lbs max)
    -Pullups and dips tower
    -EZ curl bar
    -6 feet bar
    -cardio equipment
    -leg extension machine
    -chest press machine

Basically I can workout the whole upper body .. the only problem is legs

it makes no sense joining a gym, just for squats, when I already have 95% of the equipment available for free

basically the bench, dumbbells, bars are at home

the other equipment is in a club house where i have free access

so i just have to find a way to train legs
    Please don't try to give advice until you have even the vaguest notion of what you are talking about.

Or in the vernacular of this board: "Do you even lift?"

OP: Considering your use will be mainly dumbbell exercise and since it doesn't sound like you plan on expanding to a full home gym at any point I also would recommend the Ironmaster bench. There are many other quality benches out there that will do the job for you and others I would probably prefer if your were to go with a full power rack set-up now or in the future but as a dumbbell bench the Ironmaster is pretty much supreme. It will also allow you to add on to the bench with their accessories to broaden your exercise selection without significantly adding to the footprint of your exercise area.

If this is out of your price range I would search the recommended brands and find a cheaper bench from there they are proven to be sturdy performers for many forum members some of whom use the heck out of them every weak with poundage's I can only dream of and they keep going and going.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    Your making this recommendation to the OP about this crappy ass bench when you have to ask if you can even make gains with the cheap junk you already own?
    Strong hypocrisy here; nothing but your own personal opinion being presented here. Ad hominem, attacking the arguer, not the material. Everyone has the ability to disregard evidence or logic, which means everyone is capable of believing they are right; including yourself

Have you owned the bench I recommended? have you even seen it in person? have you tried lifting 200lbs on it?
    You are just the typical elitist biased forum lifter, who all he cares about is certain brands or "prices" ..
    You see a cheap price and assume is a crap bench, this is so typical on this forum

Yes, I own this bench and I just started lifting, how do I own this bench? Why did I decide on getting this bench instead of others?

Because my brother who weights 200lbs and bench presses 100lbs dumbbells has the same bench, he has owned it for more than 2 years without any problems .. have you owned it? NO ... then you have no right to say is crap or not, but like I said, you are an elitist, so you see a low price, and assume is total crap.

CBoxer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CBoxer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CBoxer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CBoxer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CBoxer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CBoxer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CBoxer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CBoxer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CBoxer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CBoxer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CBoxer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    It will also allow you to add on to the bench with their accessories to broaden your exercise selection without significantly adding to the footprint of your exercise area.
    I was compiling a list of quality benches, but Wildtim made a great point here. None of the other quality benches in this price range (or any other price range I know of) offer the great accessories the IM Super Bench offers. Price wise the Super Bench is on par with other quality benches. $300 seems to be the sweet spot for getting a heavy duty fid bench as far as I can see. For someone that doesn't mind a taller bench and has no plans of getting a power rack I'd look no further.

Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by CBoxer View Post
    I was compiling a list of quality benches, but Wildtim made a great point here. None of the other quality benches in this price range (or any other price range I know of) offer the great accessories the IM Super Bench offers. Price wise the Super Bench is on par with other quality benches. $300 seems to be the sweet spot for getting a heavy duty fid bench as far as I can see. For someone that doesn't mind a taller bench and has no plans of getting a power rack I'd look no further.
    Why would that be the case? IM and Bodycraft F320 are the only benches I know that let you do incline bench work inside most power racks similar in size to Powertec.

CBoxer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CBoxer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CBoxer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CBoxer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CBoxer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CBoxer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CBoxer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CBoxer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CBoxer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CBoxer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CBoxer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT View Post
    Why would that be the case? IM and Bodycraft F320 are the only benches I know that let you do incline bench work inside most power racks similar in size to Powertec.
    You misunderstood what I was saying.

MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by CBoxer View Post
    ^^^ This. I also made my little list of possible benches I would buy, ended up getting the fully commercial York STS bench for a little over the IM superbench's price. The IM bench is great, but a bit too tall for me on the flat configuration.

Strong hypocrisy here; nothing but your own personal opinion being presented here. Ad hominem, attacking the arguer, not the material. Everyone has the ability to disregard evidence or logic, which means everyone is capable of believing they are right; including yourself

Have you owned the bench I recommended? have you even seen it in person? have you tried lifting 200lbs on it?
    You are just the typical elitist biased forum lifter, who all he cares about is certain brands or "prices" ..
    You see a cheap price and assume is a crap bench, this is so typical on this forum

Yes, I own this bench and I just started lifting, how do I own this bench? Why did I decide on getting this bench instead of others?

Because my brother who weights 200lbs and bench presses 100lbs dumbbells has the same bench, he has owned it for more than 2 years without any problems .. have you owned it? NO ... then you have no right to say is crap or not, but like I said, you are an elitist, so you see a low price, and assume is total crap.
    Multivitaminico, bro, it's not that they are elitists or price whores. It's just how the market works, those benches are cheaper for a reason; they (the companies) use lower quality steel, weaker hardware, and cheaper design to compensate for good prices and low/free shipping. My bench cost me well over $300, but it is built like a tank. It weighs 75 pounds -- $50 shipping for a reason.