Majestic187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How long before i see results?

I am 5'10 and weigh 130 lbs. My legs, face, and back are fat, but my arms and chest are thin. Recently, I have been exercising daily. I do 3 sets of curls, 3 sets of overhead 3 sets of bench presses, 3 sets of bend over rowing and then I do 8 sets of push ups. The next day I ride the stationary bike for 30 minutes, do calf raises, and lift weights with my legs(shins). If I continue like this(as I plan) how long will it take before my legs get toned?

dixonjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) dixonjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) dixonjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) dixonjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) dixonjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) dixonjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) dixonjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) dixonjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) dixonjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) dixonjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) dixonjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    bout tree-fiddy.
    My Push/Pull Routine for beginner-intermediate lifters

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147396873&p=933676243#post933676243

Bench-245 lb.
    Squat(ATG)-315 lb.
    Deadlift(Sumo)-375 lb.

I rep back.

doughnutking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) doughnutking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) doughnutking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) doughnutking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) doughnutking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) doughnutking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) doughnutking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) doughnutking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) doughnutking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) doughnutking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) doughnutking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Originally Posted by dixonjb View Post
    bout tree-fiddy.
    come on man i'm bein sersious

garox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If they aren't toned already (with you being so light), then maybe never. You aren't doing much to really make any significant gains in your legs.

Originally Posted by garox View Post
    If they aren't toned already (with you being so light), then maybe never. You aren't doing much to really make any significant gains in your legs.
    nah man i don't believe that...I am skinny in some places, and fat in others. Anyone(as long as they know how to) can lose weight.

garox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Majestic187 View Post
    nah man i don't believe that...I am skinny in some places, and fat in others.
    I expect you are quite skinny between the ears

Originally Posted by garox View Post
    I expect you are quite skinny between the ears
    this forum is not very helpful.

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    how long will it take before my legs get toned?
    The use of that word generally results in trollish responses.

No one can tell you how long it'll take. The best advice I can give you right now would be to focus on the compound movements (squat, bench press, deadlift, standing press, chinup, weighted dip, bentover row) and eat lots of good food. Start counting your Calories and determine what your maintenance is. Subtract 500 Calories from that and make sure you eat those many Calories daily. That's how you lose weight. Check out the nutrition forum for more information. If you want a good beginner's routine, take a look at the workout programs forum.

lukeyboy89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukeyboy89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukeyboy89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukeyboy89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukeyboy89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukeyboy89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    this forum is not very helpful.
    Not sure why people are being so harsh to you, everyone starts somewhere.

You should be seeing results after 2-3 weeks, big results too. You get something we like to call beginner gains, its when you go from doing nothing, to training daily, your muscles fill up (pump).

Your work out really isn't ideal. Someone your weight, you honestly probably don't need to do a whole lot of cardio as putting on a little muscle will make you look leaner. I would start of with a basic 3 day split, with a day of cardio mixed in between. Don't do cardio the same day as weights as it conflicts with what your bodies trying to do.. your telling it one minute you want to put on size and strength, then the next your telling it to burn a heap of fat.

Day 1: 5x5 Squats, 5x5 Front Squats, 3xFail Leg Extensions, 3xFail Hamstring Curls, 3xFail Calf Raises
    Day 2: 5x5 Incline Press, 5x5 Dips, 5x5 Flat Press, 3x8 Shoulder press, 3x8 Tri-Extension (overhead)
    Day 3: 5x5 Pull Up, 3x8 Seated Row, 3x8 Incline Curls, 5x5 Deadlift, 3x 7ups/21's.

Abs: 3xFail Hanging Leg/Knee Raises, 3x Fail Oblique Crunches. 3x 60sec Plank

You can do abs every 2 days really just throw it at the end of any workout, throw in a day of cardio and take the rest as off days. This is a very basic routine, that should give you some good gains quickly. Just make sure your pushing yourself till failure, don't just think "okay i dont think i can do another one" you want to fail or come close to failing the last rep of each set, just make sure if you don't have a spotter that your using a machine for the press's. For weight increase once you find your perfect weight you want to try and increase it by about 5% every 2 weeks.

If your unsure about any of the exercises i have listed you can look up instructional video's here on BB.com, which should also list alternatives. I would suggest if you have issues with technique on squats and deadlifts i would suggest using a smith machine or any kind of assisted machine you gym offers until you become more confident.
    Last edited by lukeyboy89; 08-10-2012 at 09:53 PM.

Originally Posted by lukeyboy89 View Post
    Not sure why people are being so harsh to you, everyone starts somewhere.

You should be seeing results after 2-3 weeks, big results too. You get something we like to call beginner gains, its when you go from doing nothing, to training daily, your muscles fill up (pump).

Your work out really isn't ideal. Someone your weight, you honestly probably don't need to do a whole lot of cardio as putting on a little muscle will make you look leaner. I would start of with a basic 3 day split, with a day of cardio mixed in between. Don't do cardio the same day as weights as it conflicts with what your bodies trying to do.. your telling it one minute you want to put on size and strength, then the next your telling it to burn a heap of fat.

Day 1: 5x5 Squats, 5x5 Front Squats, 3xFail Leg Extensions, 3xFail Hamstring Curls, 3xFail Calf Raises
    Day 2: 5x5 Incline Press, 5x5 Dips, 5x5 Flat Press, 3x8 Shoulder press, 3x8 Tri-Extension (overhead)
    Day 3: 5x5 Pull Up, 3x8 Seated Row, 3x8 Incline Curls, 5x5 Deadlift, 3x 7ups/21's.

Abs: 3xFail Hanging Leg/Knee Raises, 3x Fail Oblique Crunches. 3x 60sec Plank

You can do abs every 2 days really just throw it at the end of any workout, throw in a day of cardio and take the rest as off days. This is a very basic routine, that should give you some good gains quickly. Just make sure your pushing yourself till failure, don't just think "okay i dont think i can do another one" you want to fail or come close to failing the last rep of each set, just make sure if you don't have a spotter that your using a machine for the press's. For weight increase once you find your perfect weight you want to try and increase it by about 5% every 2 weeks.

If your unsure about any of the exercises i have listed you can look up instructional video's here on BB.com, which should also list alternatives. I would suggest if you have issues with technique on squats and deadlifts i would suggest using a smith machine or any kind of assisted machine you gym offers until you become more confident.

^^^^^ this was definitely the most helpful post. Thank you. Do you think if I eliminate leg weights, and I walk instead that it will be better? Because right now money is tight. I can't get to a gym or the machines i need.

mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ^^^^^ this was definitely the most helpful post. Thank you. Do you think if I eliminate leg weights, and I walk instead that it will be better? Because right now money is tight. I can't get to a gym or the machines i need.
    I would advocate real leg training now. Assuming you have, at least, some dumbbells (because you're pressing and rowing) then you can also be doing Bulgarian Split Squats, DB Front Squats, Lunges and other leg exercises that can utilize DBs: http://exrx.net/Lists/ExList/ThighWt.html

"How long...?" is dependent upon your effort and diet, and not possible to say with the information provided.

Originally Posted by mrmrbill View Post
    I would advocate real leg training now. Assuming you have, at least, some dumbbells (because you're pressing and rowing) then you can also be doing Bulgarian Split Squats, DB Front Squats, Lunges and other leg exercises that can utilize DBs:

"How long...?" is dependent upon your effort and diet, and not possible to say with the information provided.
    Im afraid of doing squats, i don't want to hurt my fool self(i hear people saying squats are dangerous). Also, i don't have a dumbbell just a bar bell with weights.
    Last edited by Majestic187; 08-12-2012 at 12:22 AM.

MusicalHam is just really nice. (+1000) MusicalHam is just really nice. (+1000) MusicalHam is just really nice. (+1000) MusicalHam is just really nice. (+1000) MusicalHam is just really nice. (+1000) MusicalHam is just really nice. (+1000) MusicalHam is just really nice. (+1000) MusicalHam is just really nice. (+1000) MusicalHam is just really nice. (+1000) MusicalHam is just really nice. (+1000) MusicalHam is just really nice. (+1000)
    Im afraid of doing squats, i don't want to hurt my fool self(i hear people saying squats are dangerous). Also, i don't have a dumbbell just a bar bell with weights.
    Go slow and steady.
    Just be careful and don't over do it.
    If you think you can't handle a weight then don't do it.
    You'll get the hang of it and lose your fears about it.

Hey, I use to have a crazy fear of benching. I was once in a weight room in HS. A kid was benching and the bench somehow.. broke? Dude got f'd up.

mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Plenty of form tutorials, demo vids, step-by-step instruction for any of the exercises you choose. Any of the barbell exercises from the exrx link would work. Squats aren't dangerous if you take the time to do it right.