Shankapotamus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shankapotamus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shankapotamus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shankapotamus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shankapotamus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shankapotamus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shankapotamus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shankapotamus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shankapotamus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shankapotamus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shankapotamus is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Why should I keep cutting?

I'm currently at 20% bodyfat and I'm wondering why I shouldn't do a 300 cal surplus bulk. Are there any negatives to a slow bulk at higher bf% rather than low bf%?

Thanks for any/all opinions.
    Where I want to be: 220 lbs 10% bodyfat

vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Shankapotamus View Post
    I'm currently at 20% bodyfat and I'm wondering why I shouldn't do a 300 cal surplus bulk. Are there any negatives to a slow bulk at higher bf% rather than low bf%?

There are always pro's and con's to both sides. Some would say if you have little LBM then bulking is good because it will give you something to show when you finally do cut. Others would argue that if BF is high then a cut first is best because when you finally do get to bulk you will be able to see the results better. The bottom line, gaining LBM or losing fat will make you look better just in different ways. If you want to gain some mass, DO IT!
    -Former 300lb club

My Transformation Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlEs4py6FUs

My YouTube Page: http://www.youtube.com/feedingfitness

"Obsessed is a term lazy people use to describe the dedicated."

Jakegreentree is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jakegreentree is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jakegreentree is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jakegreentree is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jakegreentree is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jakegreentree is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jakegreentree is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jakegreentree is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jakegreentree is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jakegreentree is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jakegreentree is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i would suggest getting down to 13% then cut/bulk between 13-15%. In this bodyfat the weight is maintainable, your still a decent bodyfat and the difference in gains wont be any different to someone in the 20% range.

13-15% is healthier, you'll feel better and look better
    500+ w/link

Shankapotamus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shankapotamus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shankapotamus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shankapotamus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shankapotamus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shankapotamus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shankapotamus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shankapotamus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shankapotamus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shankapotamus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shankapotamus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Jakegreentree View Post
    i would suggest getting down to 13% then cut/bulk between 13-15%. In this bodyfat the weight is maintainable, your still a decent bodyfat and the difference in gains wont be any different to someone in the 20% range.

13-15% is healthier, you'll feel better and look better
    What is the benefit of cutting now rather than later if the gains are the same? Wouldn't it be easier and more encouraging to cut with a higher LBM? I know I won't look like a million bucks, but that doesn't bother me.

butt_sahib911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) butt_sahib911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) butt_sahib911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) butt_sahib911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) butt_sahib911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) butt_sahib911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) butt_sahib911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) butt_sahib911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) butt_sahib911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) butt_sahib911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) butt_sahib911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Theres nothing wrong with it i guess, but why would you want to do that?
    I mean, your going to gain fat on your surplus. 500 surplus would mean something around a pound a week or less, but still, it does add up. Youll just start feeling fatter right? Also, when youll be bulking, i guess itll be impossible to tell how your muscles are growing. You wont know whats fat and whats muscle and how much muscle you put up.

Why would you want to yourself through that? It seems its more logical to get rid of your bodyfat first right?
    Trying IF
    150-170 grams of protein
    180-200 grams of carbs
    40-60 grams of fats

1 gram of carbs = 4 calories
    1 gram of protein = 4 calories
    1 gram of fat = 9 calories

ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Shankapotamus View Post

You are 16 years old..... I wouldn't have the same advice if you were 36 or even 26.

20% body fat at your age is healthy and if your intentions are to gain muscle mass, there is nothing wrong with a CONTROLLED, SLOW bulk. SLOW!!!! I'm talking about gaining about one pound per MONTH for the next year...basically staying where you are and lifting heavy.

LIFT HEAVY. Good things will happen.
    A diet isn't punishment. A diet is a way to reward your body with the wholesome, nutritious food that it needs. Your body composition is a direct reflection of what you put in your mouth.

justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ejthomp View Post
    You are 16 years old..... I wouldn't have the same advice if you were 36 or even 26.

20% body fat at your age is healthy and if your intentions are to gain muscle mass, there is nothing wrong with a CONTROLLED, SLOW bulk. SLOW!!!! I'm talking about gaining about one pound per MONTH for the next year...basically staying where you are and lifting heavy.

I agree

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Yep, that's the difference, I think it's so much simpler when you're still growing.

vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Didn't even notice your age... Agree with the rest. Not only would it be ok, it is probably the best idea. Your hormones are better geared for growth then they will be at any other point in your life. Take advantage! That being said don't go hog wild and start eating everything in site! Nice slow gains will do you well.
    -Former 300lb club

My Transformation Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlEs4py6FUs

My YouTube Page: http://www.youtube.com/feedingfitness

"Obsessed is a term lazy people use to describe the dedicated."

Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

^^^^ Yup, I agree with this
    Originally Posted by justanothagirl View Post
    I agree
    Originally Posted by dmacdonal9 View Post
    Yep, that's the difference, I think it's so much simpler when you're still growing.

Thanks for the feedback, guys. Gonna start working on this.