kameleon23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kameleon23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kameleon23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kameleon23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kameleon23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kameleon23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kameleon23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kameleon23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kameleon23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kameleon23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kameleon23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Getting dunked tomorrow! Anxious to see the results.

So i just got involved in weight lifting again after a 5yr drought, and I have been cutting for the past 2 months or so (lost 12lbs). I guess i should have gotten dunked before i started to assess a better overall transformation, but i had no idea where i could get it done. It will be nice to know exactly (well very close anyways) what my bf% is so I can use it as a reference point along my journey. I gotta be honest though, I'm really nervous that my numbers are going to be much higher than i anticipate. Any thoughts or anyone with experience of having done this? I am super motivated, and just don't want this to be a crushing blow to my mentality towards my progress!

ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Exactly what do you hope to learn and how will it change what you do?

Knowing (or think you are knowing) your exact(there is no fool-proof method for this) body fat is really of little value. Frankly no one really cares.

Look in the mirror. If you like what you see, you are done... Doesn't matter if the test says you are 17% or 8%. Likewise if the test says you are 8% and you'd like to be leaner...well you can cut some more.

Nothing to stress about the test. The number is what it is.... My guess is that you are right around 10%. Nice work!
    A diet isn't punishment. A diet is a way to reward your body with the wholesome, nutritious food that it needs. Your body composition is a direct reflection of what you put in your mouth.

kameleon23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kameleon23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kameleon23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kameleon23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kameleon23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kameleon23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kameleon23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kameleon23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kameleon23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kameleon23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kameleon23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ejthomp View Post
    Exactly what do you hope to learn and how will it change what you do?

Knowing (or think you are knowing) your exact(there is no fool-proof method for this) body fat is really of little value. Frankly no one really cares.

Look in the mirror. If you like what you see, you are done... Doesn't matter if the test says you are 17% or 8%. Likewise if the test says you are 8% and you'd like to be leaner...well you can cut some more.

Nothing to stress about the test. The number is what it is.... My guess is that you are right around 10%. Nice work!
    Thanks for the reply. I do agree with you on the actual number. I guess I am more interested in being able to use the % as a reference point, so in the future when i do decide to bulk I am more able to see how successful/not successful my eating habits are. I feel as though it will help me gauge how much muscle i gain compared to fat gain. In the end you are right though, looking in the mirror and being satisfied with myself is the most important. I had planned to drop down around 10% then try to start my bulk.

csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Agree on all four points!

Originally Posted by csb5731 View Post
    Agree on all four points!
    Thanks for the encouragement! I feel that 10% is quite a bit lower than my actual number though! The main reason that i want to shoot for a specific % (10%), is so that I have an actual goal set in stone so to speak. Looking at myself everyday in the mirror can be deceiving, due to the gradual changes my body takes on.

ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    But there is so much error in the measurement that you will never know for sure if you are at 10%. Heck you might take the test today and it will read 12%...tomorrow...8%. That range of error is not unheard of. Depends on who is giving you the test, what experience level they have giving the test and whether you woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Body fat measurement really is voodoo science being sold by people trying to exact $ from people's wallets.

Want to have some fun? Go out and get tested a bunch of times at different places by different people. The range will be shocking.

You can spend a lot of money and in the end the only thing that will matter is what you see in the mirror.

Good Luck!
    A diet isn't punishment. A diet is a way to reward your body with the wholesome, nutritious food that it needs. Your body composition is a direct reflection of what you put in your mouth.

But there is so much error in the measurement that you will never know for sure if you are at 10%. Heck you might take the test today and it will read 12%...tomorrow...8%. That range of error is not unheard of. Depends on who is giving you the test, what experience level they have giving the test and whether you woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Body fat measurement really is voodoo science being sold by people trying to exact $ from people's wallets.

Want to have some fun? Go out and get tested a bunch of times at different places by different people. The range will be shocking.

You can spend a lot of money and in the end the only thing that will matter is what you see in the mirror.

Good Luck!
    Point taken! I am having fitness wave test me...from what I have seen, they have been doing it for years. This will be the only place I will have it done in the future as well...so that may take some of the error variance out of it, but agree with you once again haha