Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Caesar1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caesar1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caesar1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caesar1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caesar1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caesar1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caesar1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caesar1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caesar1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caesar1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caesar1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Benefits of Meditation and Meditation Routines?

So, I've heard that meditation solves almost all mental issues. Any real life stories? Also, how do I meditate? lol

Sircan100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sircan100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sircan100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sircan100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sircan100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sircan100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sircan100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sircan100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sircan100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sircan100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sircan100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Caesar1991 View Post
    So, I've heard that meditation solves almost all mental issues. Any real life stories? Also, how do I meditate? lol

Meditation is pretty much why I decided to come to this forum so I guess I'll give this thread a bump. I've been quite disappointed with the current circuitry of my brain. I've noticed that I haven't been able to keep focus on one thing for a long period of time. I want to credit this to indirectly adopting a sort of 'millenial' mindset. I get bored quite frequently watching movies that aren't visually stimulating every second. I've started to get irritated with youtube video vloggers who excessively use jumpcuts. I've started to notice myself going straight to social media to aimlessly browse through facebook and reddit looking for something entertaining.

I began meditating every morning for 15 minutes. It's difficult. By next week, I plan to push it to 20 minutes. Every week, I'll probably push it another five minutes until I get to an hour. After a week at an hour, I'll probably go back to 30 minutes for a while. To be honest, by the time I'll do that, I'll probably shift to a different workout routine as I usually do. (before this, I used to focus on running.)

Free Your Ambitious Mind PaddleBunt's Avatar
    PaddleBunt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaddleBunt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaddleBunt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaddleBunt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaddleBunt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaddleBunt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaddleBunt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaddleBunt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaddleBunt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaddleBunt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaddleBunt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The biggest benefit with meditation from my experience is just becoming non-reactive. That's the ultimate goal of mindfulness really, the ability to take in the moment and decide how to act rather than constantly being reactionary. Like if someone insults you, you don't instantly turn around like 'Yeah well phuck you too buddy' instead you hear it and kind of just go 'meh ok'
    Visualize your dream
    Record it in the present tense
    Put it into a permanent form
    If you persist in your efforts
    You can achieve dream control

Sircan100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sircan100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sircan100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sircan100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sircan100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sircan100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sircan100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sircan100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sircan100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sircan100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sircan100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by PaddleBunt View Post
    The biggest benefit with meditation from my experience is just becoming non-reactive. That's the ultimate goal of mindfulness really, the ability to take in the moment and decide how to act rather than constantly being reactionary. Like if someone insults you, you don't instantly turn around like 'Yeah well phuck you too buddy' instead you hear it and kind of just go 'meh ok'
    I noticed this with my automatic processing. Every morning, I would go straight to checking my phone. Today, I took a moment and thought it would be best to get my day started before going straight to social media. While I was working on a few things online, I kept beginning to type facebook or reddit into the browser but instead stopped and reconsidered what I was doing. It seems that I'm becoming more conscious (mindful) of what I'm doing and less pulled away by distractions.
    Author of The Day Sex Robots Said No To Fat Chicks

gbSyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gbSyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gbSyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gbSyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gbSyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gbSyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gbSyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gbSyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gbSyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gbSyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gbSyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Download the app Headspace. They have a free 10 days x 10 min guided meditations, do it. From there, you can either pay for the app and get more guided meditations or literally just sit in silence for 10 minutes. Consistency is key though and it will take 2-3 weeks (or more) to notice benefits.

Pro tip: combine meditation with daily journaling. Write down what's on your mind, 3 things you're grateful for etc..

Erictariclol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Erictariclol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Erictariclol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Erictariclol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Erictariclol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Erictariclol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Erictariclol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Erictariclol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Erictariclol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Erictariclol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Erictariclol has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    There is a free meditation class that is somewhat close to me but I am not sure if I should take it. It seems pretty easy to meditate right?

I am loving what I read about the benefits of meditation so far but when I tried it my mind keeps on wandering.
    Lenovo y410/y510 crew

propreffered7 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) propreffered7 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) propreffered7 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) propreffered7 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) propreffered7 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) propreffered7 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) propreffered7 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) propreffered7 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) propreffered7 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) propreffered7 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) propreffered7 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    its such a cuck state. being egoless doesn't mean others are egoless and youll get fuked by those with egos

why would you want to become non reactive? if anything you want to be more reactive, responsive and awake. not being so just opens yourself up to disaster or manipulation.

i think its the biggest waste of time

Erictariclol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Erictariclol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Erictariclol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Erictariclol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Erictariclol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Erictariclol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Erictariclol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Erictariclol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Erictariclol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Erictariclol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Erictariclol has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by propreffered7 View Post
    its such a cuck state. being egoless doesn't mean others are egoless and youll get fuked by those with egos

why would you want to become non reactive? if anything you want to be more reactive, responsive and awake. not being so just opens yourself up to disaster or manipulation.

I think of meditation as to "awakening" the mind.
    Lenovo y410/y510 crew

KingofLifts is a name known to all. (+5000) KingofLifts is a name known to all. (+5000) KingofLifts is a name known to all. (+5000) KingofLifts is a name known to all. (+5000) KingofLifts is a name known to all. (+5000) KingofLifts is a name known to all. (+5000) KingofLifts is a name known to all. (+5000) KingofLifts is a name known to all. (+5000) KingofLifts is a name known to all. (+5000) KingofLifts is a name known to all. (+5000) KingofLifts is a name known to all. (+5000)

It means non reactive to life. When you are non-reactive, life can't control you. An insult or a bad day won't get a reaction out of you. You are in control, not life.
    *Reps everyone who negs crew*
    *Track Crew*

ipunchurgirl is not very well liked. (-100) ipunchurgirl is not very well liked. (-100) ipunchurgirl is not very well liked. (-100) ipunchurgirl is not very well liked. (-100) ipunchurgirl is not very well liked. (-100) ipunchurgirl is not very well liked. (-100) ipunchurgirl is not very well liked. (-100) ipunchurgirl is not very well liked. (-100) ipunchurgirl is not very well liked. (-100) ipunchurgirl is not very well liked. (-100) ipunchurgirl is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Sircan100 View Post
    I noticed this with my automatic processing. Every morning, I would go straight to checking my phone. Today, I took a moment and thought it would be best to get my day started before going straight to social media. While I was working on a few things online, I kept beginning to type facebook or reddit into the browser but instead stopped and reconsidered what I was doing. It seems that I'm becoming more conscious (mindful) of what I'm doing and less pulled away by distractions.
    Why don't you just limit social media use as well. Being on the internet so much messes with your dopamine makes you become addicted, basically turning you into a zombie.

propreffered7 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) propreffered7 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) propreffered7 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) propreffered7 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) propreffered7 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) propreffered7 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) propreffered7 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) propreffered7 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) propreffered7 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) propreffered7 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) propreffered7 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by KingofLifts View Post
    It means non reactive to life. When you are non-reactive, life can't control you. An insult or a bad day won't get a reaction out of you. You are in control, not life.
    i think "non reactive" is passive

and therefore you are certainly not controlling life

controlling takes activity and manipulation to grasp - that's the complete opposite of "passive"

KingofLifts is a name known to all. (+5000) KingofLifts is a name known to all. (+5000) KingofLifts is a name known to all. (+5000) KingofLifts is a name known to all. (+5000) KingofLifts is a name known to all. (+5000) KingofLifts is a name known to all. (+5000) KingofLifts is a name known to all. (+5000) KingofLifts is a name known to all. (+5000) KingofLifts is a name known to all. (+5000) KingofLifts is a name known to all. (+5000) KingofLifts is a name known to all. (+5000)

controlling takes activity and manipulation to grasp - that's the complete opposite of "passive"
    I think you are misunderstanding it. Non-reactive might be bad wording... "Stoic" might fit better here. Either way it means the same. Life can't control you. You control when you react or not.
    *Reps everyone who negs crew*
    *Track Crew*

PaddleBunt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaddleBunt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaddleBunt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaddleBunt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaddleBunt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaddleBunt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaddleBunt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaddleBunt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaddleBunt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaddleBunt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaddleBunt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Being non-reactive is about being able to control your impulses. I don't believe in egolessness, I think that is stupid and to be perfectly honest unattainable for most people. Non-reactivity is THE alpha quality, its the very foundation of stoicism. It's not the same as passivity which implies no action. It's simply being aware that you're making a decision based on logic rather than emotion.

For example, someone might be on a cut and they've had a chit day. They get home, crack open a beer and order a pizza because they are stuck in their emotions. Someone non-reactive would be able to see that bad chit just happens sometimes and isn't worth getting in the way of their goals and would not ruin their cut with an impulsive choice.

If you don't get that then I'm not sure I can really offer you anything else.
    Visualize your dream

Originally Posted by gbSyn View Post
    Download the app Headspace. They have a free 10 days x 10 min guided meditations, do it. From there, you can either pay for the app and get more guided meditations or literally just sit in silence for 10 minutes. Consistency is key though and it will take 2-3 weeks (or more) to notice benefits.

Pro tip: combine meditation with daily journaling. Write down what's on your mind, 3 things you're grateful for etc..
    Not a big fan of the 3 grateful things thing. I'm not in that much distress.

Originally Posted by Erictariclol View Post
    There is a free meditation class that is somewhat close to me but I am not sure if I should take it. It seems pretty easy to meditate right?

I am loving what I read about the benefits of meditation so far but when I tried it my mind keeps on wandering.
    I'm sure they also do it at hospitals. There used to be a free meditation session at my college. Other than the one time I stumbled upon it, I never went. I think there's an agitation that comes with going out of your way to do something. I guess if you need certain types of equipment, it's different. But, I find it kind of redundant for people to go to the gym to run on the treadmill unless it's for rehab or they can't run on concrete. Same with meditation. Unless you're going to a session to meet people or really need the guidance, I find that it's better to just do it where ever you may be.

Being reactive to everything is a big waste of time.

Originally Posted by ipunchurgirl View Post
    Why don't you just limit social media use as well. Being on the internet so much messes with your dopamine makes you become addicted, basically turning you into a zombie.
    Yep! Stopped using social media and started meditating.

Being non-reactive is about being able to control your impulses. I don't believe in egolessness, I think that is stupid and to be perfectly honest unattainable for most people. Non-reactivity is THE alpha quality, its the very foundation of stoicism. It's not the same as passivity which implies no action. It's simply being aware that you're making a decision based on logic rather than emotion.

For example, someone might be on a cut and they've had a chit day. They get home, crack open a beer and order a pizza because they are stuck in their emotions. Someone non-reactive would be able to see that bad chit just happens sometimes and isn't worth getting in the way of their goals and would not ruin their cut with an impulsive choice.

If you don't get that then I'm not sure I can really offer you anything else.
    Well I think being non reactive is being in control and not reacting

If youre talking a form of mindfulness I think we agree

Not actually named untz. mynameisuntz's Avatar
    mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Or you can just not be caught up in the pointless game that everyone else is in?

Non-reactive doesn't mean passive; it means you are not letting your emotions control your behavioral responses. It means you are in GREATER control because the likelihood that you do things solely out of anger, or spite, or shame, or frustration, ultimately approaches zero.

It creates space for things to occur, specifically mental events, and for you to be able to hold onto those events without letting them control you. It means that "anger" or "depression" or "frustration" are not negative things which require immediate recourse, but rather are events which might contain lessons for you to act on in ways that are actually beneficial (as opposed to, for example, ways that simply satisfy your anger).
    All of humanity's problems stem from man's inability to sit quietly in a room alone.

Originally Posted by mynameisuntz View Post
    Or you can just not be caught up in the pointless game that everyone else is in?

Non-reactive doesn't mean passive; it means you are not letting your emotions control your behavioral responses. It means you are in GREATER control because the likelihood that you do things solely out of anger, or spite, or shame, or frustration, ultimately approaches zero.

It creates space for things to occur, specifically mental events, and for you to be able to hold onto those events without letting them control you. It means that "anger" or "depression" or "frustration" are not negative things which require immediate recourse, but rather are events which might contain lessons for you to act on in ways that are actually beneficial (as opposed to, for example, ways that simply satisfy your anger).
    i dont think we agree here. i think life takes an enormous upturn the more control you elicit over various facets of life.

im actually dumbfounded at how the opposite is preached

so in your example of depression i would agree they're not immediate things that need recourse, but i dont understand how addressing the problem and putting it on recourse is a bad thing? that to me elicits more control than just saying oh im depressed it will pass. doing steps to ensure that whatever caused you to be depressed is fixed is eliciting control.

also, not specifically related to this, i actually have a question for you. curious what you think

i dont think we agree here. i think life takes an enormous upturn the more control you elicit over various facets of life.

so in your example of depression i would agree they're not immediate things that need recourse, but i dont understand how addressing the problem and putting it on recourse is a bad thing? that to me elicits more control than just saying oh im depressed it will pass. doing steps to ensure that whatever caused you to be depressed is fixed is eliciting control.

also, not specifically related to this, i actually have a question for you. curious what you think
    Control is largely an illusion brah. You could die at literally any moment, and ultimately there is phuck all you can do about it. Stoic mindset of unreactivity is understanding that the only true control we have is over our own perception (outside of mental illness).
    Visualize your dream

the only true control we have is over our own perception (outside of mental illness).
    how is it an illusion if you illicit this?

i would agree there are things going on in our body that we cant control but you can't tell me if you exhibit more control of your mental perception that you wont see the results from the control

i.e. "controlling" your diet and suddenly becoming thinner

and lets go really far and say not controlling anything which results in what.. chaos? ..or nothing?

THOR MODE 6'0" 181lbs PerfectFormForever's Avatar
    PerfectFormForever is a name known to all. (+5000) PerfectFormForever is a name known to all. (+5000) PerfectFormForever is a name known to all. (+5000) PerfectFormForever is a name known to all. (+5000) PerfectFormForever is a name known to all. (+5000) PerfectFormForever is a name known to all. (+5000) PerfectFormForever is a name known to all. (+5000) PerfectFormForever is a name known to all. (+5000) PerfectFormForever is a name known to all. (+5000) PerfectFormForever is a name known to all. (+5000) PerfectFormForever is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Read Marcus Aurelius' "Meditations" He was the Emperor of Rome. Had to deal with all kinds of stressful stuff, he wasn't some monk hiding in a monastery. He still knew how to live agreeably with others but not lose it.
    *I rep back my Marine brothers*
    *I rep back my Texas brothers*
    Mediterranean Diet Crew
    8+ Hours of Sleep a Night Crew
    Marcus Aurelius Meditations Crew

Originally Posted by PerfectFormForever View Post
    Read Marcus Aurelius' "Meditations" He was the Emperor of Rome. Had to deal with all kinds of stressful stuff, he wasn't some monk hiding in a monastery. He still knew how to live agreeably with others but not lose it.
    Seneca, On The Shortness of Life. That's a good book. I read Meditations. I prefer Seneca.

mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Mindfulness doesn't say to not address problems? It actually allows you to focus on WHAT the problems are. Which are rarely, if ever, emotions. Thus, it allows individuals to create space between themselves and their emotions as to remove the power that emotions have over our decision-making processes.

It also allows you to understand what depression is, which most people don't fully understand if they don't allow themselves the opportunity to learn about it.

What's the question?

how is it an illusion if you illicit this?

i would agree there are things going on in our body that we cant control but you can't tell me if you exhibit more control of your mental perception that you wont see the results from the control

i.e. "controlling" your diet and suddenly becoming thinner

and lets go really far and say not controlling anything which results in what.. chaos? ..or nothing?
    It depends on what you're controlling. The main thing mindfulness teaches is that you don't control the emotions or your emotional responses, but CAN control the behaviors that follow the emotions.
    All of humanity's problems stem from man's inability to sit quietly in a room alone.

wagecell is on a distinguished road. (+10) wagecell is on a distinguished road. (+10) wagecell is on a distinguished road. (+10) wagecell is on a distinguished road. (+10) wagecell is on a distinguished road. (+10) wagecell is on a distinguished road. (+10) wagecell is on a distinguished road. (+10) wagecell is on a distinguished road. (+10) wagecell is on a distinguished road. (+10) wagecell is on a distinguished road. (+10) wagecell is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    the best hobby you can get into.

completely taken over how i view all aspects of life. sitting there "not thinking of anything/clearing your mind" is only one very small aspect of meditation. an important one to master nonetheless but once you go down the rabit hole there is so much more.

Cherchez la femme...Se si KRANE's Avatar
    KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Anger management: I've never lost my temper.

Mastered that one as a teen.
    🎥
    Site oldest post: [url]https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172072283&p=1540411941&viewfull=1#post1540411941[/url]

Filmmaker Thread: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165304201&p=1534834621#post1534834621

Smashiin is a name known to all. (+5000) Smashiin is a name known to all. (+5000) Smashiin is a name known to all. (+5000) Smashiin is a name known to all. (+5000) Smashiin is a name known to all. (+5000) Smashiin is a name known to all. (+5000) Smashiin is a name known to all. (+5000) Smashiin is a name known to all. (+5000) Smashiin is a name known to all. (+5000) Smashiin is a name known to all. (+5000) Smashiin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I recently got back into meditation. Before I did it everyday, twice a day, for 1 year. I don't know why I stopped. Only been back on the wagon for a week and I'm already feeling grounded and my mind is as clear as it's ever been in the past few months.

I'm seeing a psychologist who is into spirituality. I can't wait to get to know him and let him help me and guide me through my personal growth. I am looking forward to the journey ahead, not just the end result.

Originally Posted by KRANE View Post
    Anger management: I've never lost my temper.

Mastered that one as a teen.
    It applies to every emotion, including happiness.

KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    It applies to every emotion, including happiness.
    I never really meditate specifically for additive positive reasons. Rather, to eliminate the negatives from my life. I guess I've always felt once that's accomplished then the positives would be exposed by default. Still, I have to admit it is a perspective worthy of investigating.
    🎥
    Site oldest post: [url]https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172072283&p=1540411941&viewfull=1#post1540411941[/url]

Filmmaker Thread: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165304201&p=1534834621#post1534834621

Originally Posted by KRANE View Post
    I never really meditate specifically for additive positive reasons. Rather, to eliminate the negatives from my life. I guess I've always felt once that's accomplished then the positives would be exposed by default. Still, I have to admit it is a perspective worthy of investigating.
    One if the most quintessential points of meditation is to realize there are no positive or negative emotions. Sadness, happiness, anger, etc.

Mindfulness doesn't say to not address problems? It actually allows you to focus on WHAT the problems are. Which are rarely, if ever, emotions. Thus, it allows individuals to create space between themselves and their emotions as to remove the power that emotions have over our decision-making processes.

It also allows you to understand what depression is, which most people don't fully understand if they don't allow themselves the opportunity to learn about it.

What's the question?

It depends on what you're controlling. The main thing mindfulness teaches is that you don't control the emotions or your emotional responses, but CAN control the behaviors that follow the emotions.
    i think i thought i grasped it but im not sure i do anymore - mindfulness/ meditation, etc.

i guess where im confused is i think that i thought i knew egolessness but instead it was kind of like my ego was grounded and ideas and things could float around it; that was my control. the egolessness was not really "egolessness"; it was a really strong ego.

the control was in the ego. i would say i never had a problem with emotions or anything like that i was always stoic. this is partly why my experience really pisses me off but i guess i had never had the ego/ idea itself attacked

when i see these meditation things i see all of the supposed benefits and i believe it speaks to what i thought i knew before. increased focus, attention, etc. but then i think i ACTUALLY experienced egolessness and then i reference those supposed benefits and i would say egolessness represents the opposite of those things.

i remember feeling like an empty void or chasm - i think an example i remember clearly is i was sitting in the room and previously didn't hear the fan - it was like there was a barrier between me and the fan that was keeping my mind preoccupied so it didn't bother me. shortly after i had this ego experience it was like there was nothing separating me and the fan and all i could hear was the fan turning. my mind was empty and it allowed everything else in.

maybe i got caught up in some weird material that isn't eastern tradition, but i would say i had a VERY strong grasp on my ego and i guess i just look back and reflect and think it doesn't represent what i experienced. and the best times of my life were when i knew myself, and i was constantly reinforcing my self image. it makes sense to be able to move forward with a strong identity - just in a general sense. not even talking about people - companies, cars, etc. - most things move more fluid when there's a sense of identity and belonging; a recurring pattern that you can look back and reflect on from a reference point.

and then when you guys throw out the "passiveness" and "non-agression" i immediately recognize those feelings. because there was no identity there was nothing to get angry about. i would 100% classify it as "passive" but it was also disgusting. and then i know that eastern tradition aims to eliminate desire and i also immediately recognize that reference because that's exactly what i felt, and i really, really question whether that is actually beneficial to people. perhaps it is to some, but i like a "grab life by the horns" and make what you want kind of approach.

anyways, i know you deal with this stuff so perhaps my experience is beneficial to you

pm'ing you a separate question.
    Last edited by propreffered7; 11-26-2017 at 07:13 PM.

One if the most quintessential points of meditation is to realize there are no positive or negative emotions. Sadness, happiness, anger, etc.
    Okay, but there is also many types, levels and degrees of meditation. Mine focuses more on introspection and my awareness of and my impact within the environment around me. Believing that there are no negative emotions may work in a closed environment, but in the real world, they are alive and well and will hit you like a hammer if you're not prepared for them.
    🎥