Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Not actually named untz. mynameisuntz's Avatar
    mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    @propreffered7 - I'll respond tomorrow as I'm on my phone at the moment.

Originally Posted by KRANE View Post
    Okay, but there is also many types, levels and degrees of meditation. Mine focuses more on introspection and my awareness of and my impact within the environment around me. Believing that there are no negative emotions may work in a closed environment, but in the real world, they are alive and well and will hit you like a hammer if you're not prepared for them.
    Well, it's not denial of unpleasant experiences. It's more the idea that "ranking" emotions from good to bad is unhelpful because it leads us to favor certain emotions over others. That is, it causes us to avoid anything that might create sadness or anger or frustration. In reality, pain is often a really strong indication if what's important to us, so to call such emotions negative or bad when they can be arguably more instructive than happiness doesn't really play out so well.

Again it's not denial. It's viewing them in a manner that allows openness to experiencing them regardless of what pain they might carry with them.
    All of humanity's problems stem from man's inability to sit quietly in a room alone.

CyberneticDude will become famous soon enough. (+50) CyberneticDude will become famous soon enough. (+50) CyberneticDude will become famous soon enough. (+50) CyberneticDude will become famous soon enough. (+50) CyberneticDude will become famous soon enough. (+50) CyberneticDude will become famous soon enough. (+50) CyberneticDude will become famous soon enough. (+50) CyberneticDude will become famous soon enough. (+50) CyberneticDude will become famous soon enough. (+50) CyberneticDude will become famous soon enough. (+50) CyberneticDude will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    search Sadhguru or Baba Ramdev. Plenty of videos available online.
    Anti-Feminazi crew

Post-human and Cybernetics crew..

Send me a private message, if I do not reply to your post in a thread.

:-)

Cherchez la femme...Se si KRANE's Avatar
    KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by mynameisuntz View Post
    @propreffered7 - I'll respond tomorrow as I'm on my phone at the moment.

Well, it's not denial of unpleasant experiences. It's more the idea that "ranking" emotions from good to bad is unhelpful because it leads us to favor certain emotions over others. That is, it causes us to avoid anything that might create sadness or anger or frustration. In reality, pain is often a really strong indication if what's important to us, so to call such emotions negative or bad when they can be arguably more instructive than happiness doesn't really play out so well.

Again it's not denial. It's viewing them in a manner that allows openness to experiencing them regardless of what pain they might carry with them.
    I can appreciate your belief in this philosophy but I've seen other similar advocates that espouse it in action and it doesn't appear to hold up under pressure. Maybe it works for you.
    🎥
    Site oldest post: [url]https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172072283&p=1540411941&viewfull=1#post1540411941[/url]

Filmmaker Thread: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165304201&p=1534834621#post1534834621

Not actually named untz. mynameisuntz's Avatar
    mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by KRANE View Post
    I can appreciate your belief in this philosophy but I've seen other similar advocates that espouse it in action and it doesn't appear to hold up under pressure. Maybe it works for you.
    That's fine, though I'd never rely on any individual or individuals' anecdote. Even just analyzing this statement in a Western and logical way shows it's pretty rational. There's lots of science behind it, too, per Relational Frame Theory.
    All of humanity's problems stem from man's inability to sit quietly in a room alone.

Sircan100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sircan100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sircan100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sircan100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sircan100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sircan100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sircan100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sircan100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sircan100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sircan100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sircan100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I got to my fourth day of meditation today and it was actually pretty difficult to not go ahead and just pass it up.

Today was the first day, well first day out of four, where I went to look at my computer before going over to meditate. I was kind of bent on not doing it for a couple minutes. But, I did anyways. I was more anxious and it was more difficult to keep focused on my breath. Halfway through, I was able to find what everyone else calls a center and focus on that. But it was still difficult to keep my mind from wandering.

I think it's most difficult because I already got what I wanted out of meditation. I got a sense of balance and presence, and now that I have it, I don't feel like there's a point in continuing to do it again until I become overwhelmed with something. I'm going to set a goal to do this for two weeks straight and that's it. To think I'm going to do this for the rest of my life is just setting myself up for failure.

Two weeks. I'll see how I feel after then.
    Author of The Day Sex Robots Said No To Fat Chicks

fmendizabal is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It's pretty amazing. I learnt to relax by myself, to focus.. and saw many benefits spread out from it (social, etc.). You can learn online (hackself.org) or in person (tm.org). Just be consistent.