dmswork is on a distinguished road. (+10) dmswork is on a distinguished road. (+10) dmswork is on a distinguished road. (+10) dmswork is on a distinguished road. (+10) dmswork is on a distinguished road. (+10) dmswork is on a distinguished road. (+10) dmswork is on a distinguished road. (+10) dmswork is on a distinguished road. (+10) dmswork is on a distinguished road. (+10) dmswork is on a distinguished road. (+10) dmswork is on a distinguished road. (+10)

What's bad about taking a nap after a big meal?

Today was a cheat day for me, somewhat. Went to subway. Got 2x footlongs with nothing but vegies and the chicken breast ((No cheese or sauces.)). However I ate both. It's probably ranging from 1,200 calories, to 1,400. Anyways, I haven't had a good filling meal like that in a bit, and to be honest, it felt good as hell. I ended up dosing off immediately after, as I watched t.v for a bit.

So what did that just do exactly? I believe I remember reading that sleeping after eating, can turn those calories to fat instantly, or something such as that. I'm about to go jog for 4 miles and walk 2 in about an hour, so I'm pretty sure I'll burn most, if not all of it off. Anyways, any serious negative effects that I could've recieved, for sleeping about 2-3 hours after eating that? Ty!

krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Myth.

Eat and fall asleep. You'll be fine.
    www.grazethesky.com

sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i'd be willing to bet you're closer to 2000 cals with 2 footlongs. i eat subway alot, 5 dolla foot longs son, and one footlong is around 1k or just under, and that's with no sauce just cheese and veggies and chicken.

and no...taking a nap after a big ass meal will NOT store the cals as fat. i typically eat a big meal right before sleeping. all that matters is the deficit at the end of the day.

get that asinine thought out of your head immediately, it's already got you starting an eating disorder b/c you're planning to run for 4 miles just b/c you're afraid of what sleeping did to those cals.

edit: and good luck burning over 1k cals by jogging 4 miles lol
    Powerlifter convert. Follow on instagram Sharpie_bendingbarbells

Most recent comp lifts: 405/305/475

dmswork is on a distinguished road. (+10) dmswork is on a distinguished road. (+10) dmswork is on a distinguished road. (+10) dmswork is on a distinguished road. (+10) dmswork is on a distinguished road. (+10) dmswork is on a distinguished road. (+10) dmswork is on a distinguished road. (+10) dmswork is on a distinguished road. (+10) dmswork is on a distinguished road. (+10) dmswork is on a distinguished road. (+10) dmswork is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by krete77 View Post
    Myth.

Eat and fall asleep. You'll be fine.
    Alright good, hey btw, that fiber advice you gave me yesterday, it worked awesome! Anyways I'm just worried about the sleeping/ waiting too long to burn of the cals. I just wanted a good meal to fill me the hell up, haha.

Originally Posted by sharpieblet View Post
    i'd be willing to bet you're closer to 2000 cals with 2 footlongs. i eat subway alot, 5 dolla foot longs son, and one footlong is around 1k or just under, and that's with no sauce just cheese and veggies and chicken.

and no...taking a nap after a big ass meal will NOT store the cals as fat. i typically eat a big meal right before sleeping. all that matters is the deficit at the end of the day.

get that asinine thought out of your head immediately, it's already got you starting an eating disorder b/c you're planning to run for 4 miles just b/c you're afraid of what sleeping did to those cals.

edit: and good luck burning over 1k cals by jogging 4 miles lol
    http://www.subway.com/nutrition/nutr...NG&id=sandwich

Oven roasted chicken 6" is 310 calories, and I eat mine without the cheese. So 310 x 2 = 620 for foot long, then 620 x 2 is 1,240. Also that's included the cheese, which again I do not add to mine.

And you're right 4 miles jogging and 2 miles walking probably won't burn it all off, haha. As for the eating disorder, I've always jogged that amount daily recently. Sometimes it's just walking though.

j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Beats me, I sleep all the time after eating and I'm down 80 lbs.
    "When you fall into a pit, you either die or get out."

sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by dmswork View Post
    http://www.subway.com/nutrition/nutr...NG&id=sandwich

Oven roasted chicken 6" is 310 calories, and I eat mine without the cheese. So 310 x 2 = 620 for foot long, then 620 x 2 is 1,240. Also that's included the cheese, which again I do not add to mine.
    hmm i musta been thinking of the buffalo chicken sandwich or some other one, got my math wrong. but yeah, you're right about the cals then. but everything else i said still applies.

and why are you paranoid about eating a big meal and then 'waiting too long to burn the cals'? do you not know the basics of how fat loss works?

hmm i musta been thinking of the buffalo chicken sandwich or some other one, got my math wrong. but yeah, you're right about the cals then. but everything else i said still applies.

and why are you paranoid about eating a big meal and then 'waiting too long to burn the cals'? do you not know the basics of how fat loss works?
    I think I know the basic, but there are still a lot of rumors/myths that get to me. For example, sleeping after eating, haha. Or waiting too long to burn burn off the extra calories you ate in one meal. And in all honesty, it's probably the feeling I have that's making me paranoid, ya know? Ever since dieting, I rarely get this full comfortable feeling.

gb8719 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb8719 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb8719 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb8719 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb8719 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb8719 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb8719 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb8719 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb8719 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb8719 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb8719 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If I eat a big unhealthy meal I wake up feeling bloated and visibly fatter... even if I'm under my caloric maintenance level.

I guess I must be lacking this internal caloric management system that resets exactly every 24 hours like a lot of other people on these forums. Interesting.

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by gb8719 View Post
    If I eat a big unhealthy meal I wake up feeling bloated and visibly fatter... even if I'm under my caloric maintenance level.

I guess I must be lacking this internal caloric management system that resets exactly every 24 hours like a lot of other people on these forums. Interesting.
    Just water retention.

gb8719 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb8719 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb8719 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb8719 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb8719 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb8719 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb8719 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb8719 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb8719 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb8719 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb8719 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by lee__d View Post
    Just water retention.
    It's possible. I don't handle carbohydrates as much as the next person from my experience.

I appreciate the science behind the logic that states that we need a certain amount of calories within a day and that it makes no difference if they're consumed throughout the day or in one huge meal right before bed. I'm not, however, fully sold on this logic yet. I'm open to being convinced either way, but it still feels asinine to me to try to imagine that the body runs on a 24 hour clock in terms of our calories required for sustainability. I'm still open minded for someone to prove me wrong.

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    It's possible. I don't handle carbohydrates as much as the next person from my experience.

I appreciate the science behind the logic that states that we need a certain amount of calories within a day and that it makes no difference if they're consumed throughout the day or in one huge meal right before bed. I'm not, however, fully sold on this logic yet. I'm open to being convinced either way, but it still feels asinine to me to try to imagine that the body runs on a 24 hour clock in terms of our calories required for sustainability. I'm still open minded for someone to prove me wrong.
    It doesn't, but we do. So it's super convenient to manage our calories that way.

Originally Posted by lee__d View Post
    It doesn't, but we do. So it's super convenient to manage our calories that way.
    precisely. our body doesn't burn fat on a day to day basis, it's more of a week to week basis. but since people operate on a day to day basis, it's simpler all around to just manage your calories as such.

Originally Posted by dmswork View Post
    I think I know the basic, but there are still a lot of rumors/myths that get to me. For example, sleeping after eating, haha. Or waiting too long to burn burn off the extra calories you ate in one meal. And in all honesty, it's probably the feeling I have that's making me paranoid, ya know? Ever since dieting, I rarely get this full comfortable feeling.
    both of those things are myths. and if you do some reading on leangains.com you'll see a bunch of myths debunked. i did the majority of my fat loss eating 1-2 big meals a day, typically before sleeping.

justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

It doesn't reset every 24 hrs. It starts when you are born, and stops when you die.... But 24 hrs is short enough enough to offset any deficiencies/excess you had within that timeframe and not have it be a big deal. I mean, if you eat 200 calories over one meal, then 200 under the next, it really doesn't matter, however if someone my size eats 3000 calories a day for a year, then the next year they eat 1000 calories a day, well they will still offset it but get fat first lol.

However the body does run on some sort of 24-hr clock though, if you get tired at the same time every night, and wake up at the same time every morning, do you really think your body doesn't run on a 24hr clock? If it ran on a 23hr clock you'd get tired an hour earlier every night.

FatLoseGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't think it will cause too much change in your body. I too heard about meal changing into fat when we take nap after meal, but usually I don't face it really. If you have good exercise routine then it is not a big issue for you.
    FatLoseTips.com - My Personal Fat Loss Tips Blog

justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by FatLoseGirl View Post
    I don't think it will cause too much change in your body. I too heard about meal changing into fat when we take nap after meal, but usually I don't face it really. If you have good exercise routine then it is not a big issue for you.
    Nice advertising there.

both of those things are myths. and if you do some reading on leangains.com you'll see a bunch of myths debunked. i did the majority of my fat loss eating 1-2 big meals a day, typically before sleeping.
    Everyone totes LeanGains as the source of all of this information. I've read the site, followed the diet, and I still feel like I see holes and flaws in his logic. A lot of the studies, as I've mentioned in the other threads, that argue against the importance of meal timing are flat out unrealistic. The main study that many are using to attempt to debunk the importance of a post workout meal uses 9 males performing 2 sets of leg extensions. How unrealistic.
    While he explains that we can maintain an anabolic state 24 hours after eating, thus unraveling the myth of frequent meal intervals, this does not answer the question on if that is an ideal situation for the body.
    For a lack of a better wording: are we MORE anabolic eating every few hours versus every 24 hours? Are more of the calories burned for energy in several small meals throughout the day rather than in one large meal?

Like I said, I appreciate his logic and theories but I still find them inconclusive.

Everyone totes LeanGains as the source of all of this information. I've read the site, followed the diet, and I still feel like I see holes and flaws in his logic. A lot of the studies, as I've mentioned in the other threads, that argue against the importance of meal timing are flat out unrealistic. The main study that many are using to attempt to debunk the importance of a post workout meal uses 9 males performing 2 sets of leg extensions. How unrealistic.
    While he explains that we can maintain an anabolic state 24 hours after eating, thus unraveling the myth of frequent meal intervals, this does not answer the question on if that is an ideal situation for the body.
    For a lack of a better wording: are we MORE anabolic eating every few hours versus every 24 hours? Are more of the calories burned for energy in several small meals throughout the day rather than in one large meal?

Like I said, I appreciate his logic and theories but I still find them inconclusive.
    you might be reading a little TOO much into everything...if you've given his methods a try for any considerable amount of time (at least a couple months), then you're probably already aware of the truth to his logic. i simply gave it a shot and found out it worked great. i don't follow his guidelines to the tee, i just take the basic gist of it: meal timing isn't nearly as important as everyone makes it seem-for body composition anyways. the body doesn't HAVE to have food right after working out to keep from eating your muscle alive, nor does it need it right before bed to keep from eating your muscle while you sleep. our bodies are MUCH more resistant to giving up than that, as long as we're taxing the muscles.

you might be reading a little TOO much into everything...if you've given his methods a try for any considerable amount of time (at least a couple months), then you're probably already aware of the truth to his logic. i simply gave it a shot and found out it worked great. i don't follow his guidelines to the tee, i just take the basic gist of it: meal timing isn't nearly as important as everyone makes it seem-for body composition anyways. the body doesn't HAVE to have food right after working out to keep from eating your muscle alive, nor does it need it right before bed to keep from eating your muscle while you sleep. our bodies are MUCH more resistant to giving up than that, as long as we're taxing the muscles.
    Imagine what would happen to our ancestors if our bodies were that picky/fragile... lol

I did give it a try. For 3 weeks. I followed it exactly and with a slightly obsessive care... as I do many things.
    I felt great. Was losing a steady amount weight.

Then I drank caffeine, sweat too much in a suit, and passed out twice during a sales pitch in a doctor's office. Twice. Spent the rest of the day in the hospital. My blood sugar had dropped so dangerously low from not eating that my heart rate slowed to 80 over 20.

Like I said, there is a lot of good theories in his logic but it still feels that this system leaves our bodies operating in a less efficient manner. Yes, this might help us lose weight and we may still be anabolic while on the diet, but if there is room for improvement with another system than I'm going to opt for that one.

I did give it a try. For 3 weeks. I followed it exactly and with a slightly obsessive care... as I do many things.

Then I drank caffeine, sweat too much in a suit, and passed out twice during a sales pitch in a doctor's office. Twice. Spent the rest of the day in the hospital. My blood sugar had dropped so dangerously low from not eating that my heart rate slowed to 80 over 20.

Like I said, there is a lot of good theories in his logic but it still feels that this system leaves our bodies operating in a less efficient manner. Yes, this might help us lose weight and we may still be anabolic while on the diet and got great , but if there is room for improvement with another system than I'm going to opt for that one.
    So you felt great on this program and got great results, but you can't handle caffeine, therefore his program sucks?

Originally Posted by justanothagirl View Post
    So you felt great on this program and got great results, but you can't handle caffeine, therefore his program sucks?
    I pound caffeine like a beast. Always have. Never had blood sugar issues previously.

Spend more time reading the point I'm trying to convey and less time jumping to conclusions.

Like I said, there is a lot of good theories in his logic but it still feels that this system leaves our bodies operating in a less efficient manner. Yes, this might help us lose weight and we may still be anabolic while on the diet, but if there is room for improvement with another system than I'm going to opt for that one.
    most of us don't have super sensitivity to low blood sugar levels, but some do. if it weren't for that, you'd probably have been able to last a lot longer on it. you can't really say it has room for improvement based on the fact that you have a condition which makes it hard for you to go without food for a while...are you diabetic by chance? the leangains approach didn't cause your blood sugar levels to go whack, otherwise many other people would be having the same issues. but you could still follow the same principle as leangains, just have a small low cal snack in between meals to keep the blood sugar level at a good spot.

Originally Posted by justanothagirl
    Imagine what would happen to our ancestors if our bodies were that picky/fragile... lol
    we wouldn't exist lmao

most of us don't have super sensitivity to low blood sugar levels, but some do. if it weren't for that, you'd probably have been able to last a lot longer on it. you can't really say it has room for improvement based on the fact that you have a condition which makes it hard for you to go without food for a while...are you diabetic by chance? the leangains approach didn't cause your blood sugar levels to go whack, otherwise many other people would be having the same issues. but you could still follow the same principle as leangains, just have a small low cal snack in between meals to keep the blood sugar level at a good spot.
    That's honestly what I had thought about doing. The problem is that my workouts are so late at night now that I wouldn't be able to last that long with just a handful of snacks in between. I do like his idea of consuming a huge bulk of your calories after your workout and the idea of training fasted. Those are two principals that I've tried to adopt into my standard diet and routine. If I could get the past the feeling that I was running at less efficiency and apparently the blood sugar issues I might actually try it again.

understandable. do what you gotta do to make it work. if you train late and can't really afford to eat small throughout the day in order to eat big after working out, you'll just have to do without that method for now. it's better than passing out. or you can try experimenting with different low cal foods to keep energy up throughout the day. i would look to fruits like apples and oranges since they're low in cals and provide sugars, that MIGHT work for you. but your health is always numero uno.