Ontarian will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ontarian will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ontarian will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ontarian will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ontarian will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ontarian will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ontarian will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ontarian will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ontarian will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ontarian will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ontarian will become famous soon enough. (+50)

nutrition advice for 52 year old hard gainer

Hi.
    Hoping to receive some advice from other lifters on how this hard gainer can put on weight. Current diet focuses on lean proteins, healthy fats and fibrous carbs (i.e. all sorts of vegetables). I don't eat starchy carbs as I've found that when I consume starches, they add fat pounds to my weight.

I can't seem to get beyond 150lbs. Prior to a lifting related back injury five years ago, I was at about 165lb which I was happy with (on a decently built 5'7" frame). But the injury has impeded my ability to lift heavy to this day and I've never been able to regain the weight I lost since that injury.

My workouts today, though much lighter in weight prior to injury, are still productive and challenging. However, I know I'm not eating enough to grow. I have a fast metabolism and sometimes even wake up in the middle of the night hungry.

I make all my meals from scratch, as this way I know what I'm eating. But it's time consuming and because of the time involved, I just don't get enough calories in. I don't want to rely on processed foods to get the extra calories, or on ready to eat meal replacements shakes (very high in carbs).

I've been thinking of adding a lot of nuts to my daily diet, but wonder if this is a good solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much.

McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If you want a LOT of healthy calories for really cheap, and with minimal prep time, you might like my oats and olive oil (or coconut oil, honey, etc) shakes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuLFN2NILbE&feature=plcp

They're not nasty, they're actually quite bland, and total prep time + consumption times is less than a few minutes. About ~1000 cal each.
    The world is yours.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Ontarian View Post
    However, I know I'm not eating enough to grow.
    Then eat more. Am I missing something here?

Nuts are a good way to get more calories.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733