jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

PHAT,HST,MaxOT questions

Hello everyone!
    This is not ment to be a vs thread but I was looking on simply shredded and saw the different routines after I was looking at the PHAT workout. I have always been a skinny guy. Back in February I was 125lbs now as of august I am 143lbs.

I am looking to put on some more mass but keep some definition, wondering what the main differences are between all these different types of workouts are and which is better for mass and which is better for cutting or if one will add a good amount of mass quick but keep definition! I understand working out is only half the battle and nutrition is key.

Ideally my goal is to be around 155-160 by the new year and have more mass and still some definition.

Any help and advice is greatly appreciated!

patkoch is just really nice. (+1000) patkoch is just really nice. (+1000) patkoch is just really nice. (+1000) patkoch is just really nice. (+1000) patkoch is just really nice. (+1000) patkoch is just really nice. (+1000) patkoch is just really nice. (+1000) patkoch is just really nice. (+1000) patkoch is just really nice. (+1000) patkoch is just really nice. (+1000) patkoch is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jjv101 View Post
    Hello everyone!
    This is not ment to be a vs thread but I was looking on simply shredded and saw the different routines after I was looking at the PHAT workout. I have always been a skinny guy. Back in February I was 125lbs now as of august I am 143lbs.

I am looking to put on some more mass but keep some definition, wondering what the main differences are between all these different types of workouts are and which is better for mass and which is better for cutting or if one will add a good amount of mass quick but keep definition! I understand working out is only half the battle and nutrition is key.

Ideally my goal is to be around 155-160 by the new year and have more mass and still some definition.

Any help and advice is greatly appreciated!
    All of the programs are battle tested, multiple people having great results. They all work given the right intensity, and consistency. My advice would be to pick the one you think seems fun and do it religously for four months , if by then you aren't happy you could give the other programs a shot. It really doesnt matter, intensity, consistency, diet.

jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you for the advice just wasn't sure if one workout would be better than the other for what I want.

Any special supplements I should consider for these? Right now I take optimum protein, multi vitamins and bcaa

Location: London, Greater London, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jjv101 View Post
    Thank you for the advice just wasn't sure if one workout would be better than the other for what I want.

Any special supplements I should consider for these? Right now I take optimum protein, multi vitamins and bcaa
    Protein, creatine and perhaps a preworkout to give you extra boost during workout. Don't take BCAA as it's pretty much useless during bulk. Don't know about PHAT but HST is not really that good for beginners (I'm assuming you are one due to low weight). HST will have you increasing weights really slowly, I mean most of the time you train well below your maxes. It might be ok for mass building but your strength will be sloooow. I'd go with something like allpros or SS. Allpros is more mass builder but with SS your lifts will shoot thru the roof.

I will have to check the ones you mentioned out!
    Any other opinions or advice?

still havent picked my next workout, been researching each some before I dive into one.
    Also considering trying GVT or a 5x5 program. Any input?

Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I did max-ot for about 7 months and loved it. I switched to a 5x5 about two months ago and it has been great as well. You really can't go wrong with either but at your size your going to want to run a beginner program.