Jnoh316 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Caloric Deficit / Cut Advice Please

I have recently became very serious about losing weight.

I am 23 years old, 225lbs, 6"1 tall.
    My BMI indicates that I am borderline obese.

225lbs is always my plateau fat weight. I never get fatter.
    I dropped down to 170lbs a few years ago from 225lbs through DAILY cardio for six months.
    That was two years ago and I am now BACK at 225lbs.
    At the end of it, I was "skinny fat". I looked anorexic with a shirt on, and skinny fat with it off.

This time I want to do it right. It has been one month since I started.
    I have been in a deficit of 500 calories a day.

My question: During a cut, is the frequency of meals THAT important? Or is the deficit the point?

Not sure if it's relevant but I'm also on an EC stack right now.
    I am going to the gym every single day (I don't work, I don't need a break. I highly doubt my intensity is high enough that I need a day off).
    I will do about an hour of moderate cardio, then hit the weights to the best of my ability.
    Through searching the forums, I noticed some people advising not to do cardio on an EC stack; instead focusing more on weights.
    If this is the case, is there a pre-scripted workout program for people in my predicament? You know, like "beach body workout" or
    the "come at me bro workout". I made the latter up. Anyways thanks for the advice.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Jnoh316 View Post
    My question: During a cut, is the frequency of meals THAT important? Or is the deficit the point?
    Nope - frequency is purely down to preference. Many find appetite control harder if they keep nibbling all day. I usually have 2 meals when cutting.

Calorie defecit is everything. With protein and fat content + resistance training following closely behind.

For you, aim for a minimum 170g protein per day and 80g fat. These are minimum values so the rest can come from any combination of carb, protein and fat.

Not sure if it's relevant but I'm also on an EC stack right now.
    I am going to the gym every single day (I don't work, I don't need a break. I highly doubt my intensity is high enough that I need a day off).
    I will do about an hour of moderate cardio, then hit the weights to the best of my ability.
    You only need 3 days a week resistance training to retain muscle. Cardio is optional - you can dial back your calorie intake instead and save yourself some time. Look at the leangains reply to this post:

http://www.********.com/permalink.ph...al_comments=18

Through searching the forums, I noticed some people advising not to do cardio on an EC stack; instead focusing more on weights.
    If this is the case, is there a pre-scripted workout program for people in my predicament? You know, like "beach body workout" or
    the "come at me bro workout". I made the latter up. Anyways thanks for the advice.
    Any strength based weights routine is good for cutting. You need to be challenging your muscles so that you give your body a reason to keep them - not running yourself ragged.

orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Don't go by BMI; it is notoriously inaccurate for individuals, especially those who lift. At least check out the Navy rope choke measurement calculator or something. It's not perfect, but it's better than BMI. Search around the boards. There are plenty of online calculators. Try a few of them and get some kind of ball park estimation.