Page 29 of 84 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 ... LastLast
    Kickerr is just really nice. (+1000) Kickerr is just really nice. (+1000) Kickerr is just really nice. (+1000) Kickerr is just really nice. (+1000) Kickerr is just really nice. (+1000) Kickerr is just really nice. (+1000) Kickerr is just really nice. (+1000) Kickerr is just really nice. (+1000) Kickerr is just really nice. (+1000) Kickerr is just really nice. (+1000) Kickerr is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ultimateharris View Post
    Just throwing things out there brah lol. I just want to get lists of whatever skills we have from business to construction to whatever

We aren't gonna build a city, but the current plan is to make it livable, and it will be private property

Added you to the infrastructure committee

We do still need someone with a boat. And we have 3 farmers atm
    I have two boats and a jet ski, but I don't think my dad would let me take them down there.
    I say we just buy a cheap pontoon in panama and use that. If we ever have any problems with it, then I'm sure we have a ton of mechanics that can help fix it. A cheap catamaran in panama won't cost more than 3k$. So we really don't need to worry too much about that.
    Day trader
    S&P
    "If it's good it's great, if it's bad, it's an experience."

ultimateharris will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultimateharris will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultimateharris will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultimateharris will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultimateharris will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultimateharris will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultimateharris will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultimateharris will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultimateharris will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultimateharris will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultimateharris will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MrWoodPlow View Post
    I'm in.

but

We need very clear legal structure about it's purchase. Everyone who contributes needs to be sure they actually own their share similar to shares in a company. We could just call it a real estate investment trust.

I personally think we should offer some sort of documentary or something the opportunity to film it if we do. Could be like an epic real world lord of the flies story without the violence. Could be a good way to get a little extra capital. I don't think we should do any reality show type shiet.

We need to think about risks of natural disasters too. Last thing you want is to build lots of infrastructure only to have a cyclone wipe it out. I personally think we should have an aggregated living area, camping or built. Nothing fancy.
    Viking is doing all the business/legal stuff already.

We want to make livable structures, but nothing fancy at all. Good enough to be permanent, and not be hobo shelters
    *Vibrah*
    -Always rep New Englanders-

Residient Astronomer vikings_70's Avatar
    vikings_70 is just really nice. (+1000) vikings_70 is just really nice. (+1000) vikings_70 is just really nice. (+1000) vikings_70 is just really nice. (+1000) vikings_70 is just really nice. (+1000) vikings_70 is just really nice. (+1000) vikings_70 is just really nice. (+1000) vikings_70 is just really nice. (+1000) vikings_70 is just really nice. (+1000) vikings_70 is just really nice. (+1000) vikings_70 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by DatDereMirin View Post
    Buying the island is the easy part. It's more expensive and time consuming to build [anything] on the island, you have to boat in the supplies if it's decently close to a well populated island or mainland; fly them in if too far, along with the workers every day and night. Building basic chit will topple the price of the island itself in no time.

Not to mention if there are sand flies, and if you want a boat dock the land has to be good enough to support one (needs to be investigated). No white sand beach on the island? You'll want one, that's man made. What if you get injured while working or playing on your island? You need a solid line of communication with the most nearby help. You need to worry about hurricanes and boarding up your chit, island caretakers (then again with all the miscers donating hypothetically there'd easily be people there year round to take care of it), people squatting/boating and coming to your island that are unwelcomed, fresh water supply, food supply with consistent deliveries, a way to get to and from the island - hopefully it's remotely close to an island with an airport or mainland with airport so you can fly there and boat to your island, you'll need to buy a nice boat because **** renting one for every person every time they go to and form the island, and much more.
    I hear all of these concerns. I know it seems insurmountable, and perhaps it is, but some of us are going to try anyway.

I'll have responses to some of these concerns shortly as I finish up this document.
    ** KNEE DRAGGERS UNITE **
    **Misc Cologne Crew**

Let me aware you on the universe: www.VikingsAstronomy.com

Raxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Raxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Raxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Raxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Raxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Raxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Raxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Raxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Raxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Raxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Raxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Kickerr View Post
    I have two boats and a jet ski, but I don't think my dad would let me take them down there.
    I say we just buy a cheap pontoon in panama and use that. If we ever have any problems with it, then I'm sure we have a ton of mechanics that can help fix it. A cheap catamaran in panama won't cost more than 3k$. So we really don't need to worry too much about that.
    I said this too. I was gonna offer my small boat. Just asked my dad srsly and he thought I was fukin around and kept calling me an idiot
    University of Florida

ultimateharris will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultimateharris will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultimateharris will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultimateharris will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultimateharris will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultimateharris will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultimateharris will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultimateharris will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultimateharris will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultimateharris will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultimateharris will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    We haven't picked an island, but it probably is going to be in America
    *Vibrah*

CunningStunt is a complete loser! (-2000) CunningStunt is a complete loser! (-2000) CunningStunt is a complete loser! (-2000) CunningStunt is a complete loser! (-2000) CunningStunt is a complete loser! (-2000) CunningStunt is a complete loser! (-2000) CunningStunt is a complete loser! (-2000) CunningStunt is a complete loser! (-2000) CunningStunt is a complete loser! (-2000) CunningStunt is a complete loser! (-2000) CunningStunt is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Offers to pledge thousands of dollars, move to an island with a bunch of strangers that has little to no infrastructure.

"my dad won't let me borrow the jet ski/boats".

ok

EDIT: just read the post a few posts above me from the 16 year old.

I think there should be an aptitude test AND a minimum age higher than 18-21.

HoratioC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoratioC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoratioC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoratioC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoratioC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoratioC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoratioC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoratioC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoratioC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoratioC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoratioC has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    lol u srs a boat for $3k?
    ( •_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

Still fat as fkc (lost 15 kg but having a hard time keeping it there :()
    left trapz bigger than right trapz crew
    straight penor crew
    friendly but quiet guy irl crew
    people never follow me back on twitter crew

Blink 182 Crew

Kickerr is just really nice. (+1000) Kickerr is just really nice. (+1000) Kickerr is just really nice. (+1000) Kickerr is just really nice. (+1000) Kickerr is just really nice. (+1000) Kickerr is just really nice. (+1000) Kickerr is just really nice. (+1000) Kickerr is just really nice. (+1000) Kickerr is just really nice. (+1000) Kickerr is just really nice. (+1000) Kickerr is just really nice. (+1000)
    And on another note.. bishes will definitely flock to the island after we have everything built. They dream about sh!t like this. Let's be real here, miscers are more attractive than the rest of the world population. We lift, have aesthetics, and actually care about our image, which is already better than 95% of america. A private island full of aesthetic dudes.. yeah there's going to be a ton of bishes. And of course, we'll get a ton of media coverage once we're about to buy the island, so bishes all over will see it and want to come party with us.
    Day trader
    S&P
    "If it's good it's great, if it's bad, it's an experience."

Emperorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Emperorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Emperorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Emperorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Emperorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Emperorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Emperorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Emperorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Emperorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Emperorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Emperorm is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    In4island
    I dont like this place at all, makes me wonder what I'm here for.

paylowsore is not very helpful. (-500) paylowsore is not very helpful. (-500) paylowsore is not very helpful. (-500) paylowsore is not very helpful. (-500) paylowsore is not very helpful. (-500) paylowsore is not very helpful. (-500) paylowsore is not very helpful. (-500) paylowsore is not very helpful. (-500) paylowsore is not very helpful. (-500) paylowsore is not very helpful. (-500) paylowsore is not very helpful. (-500)
    wtf how the hell does someone own a island?

MrWoodPlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrWoodPlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrWoodPlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrWoodPlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrWoodPlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrWoodPlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrWoodPlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrWoodPlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrWoodPlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrWoodPlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrWoodPlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    For living structures I highly reccomend shipping containers. They're protected from the weather, easily transportable and can house a surprising number of people. My city has used them extensively post earthquake for shops etc... theres an entire mall made out of them.

SquallFF8 is a name known to all. (+5000) SquallFF8 is a name known to all. (+5000) SquallFF8 is a name known to all. (+5000) SquallFF8 is a name known to all. (+5000) SquallFF8 is a name known to all. (+5000) SquallFF8 is a name known to all. (+5000) SquallFF8 is a name known to all. (+5000) SquallFF8 is a name known to all. (+5000) SquallFF8 is a name known to all. (+5000) SquallFF8 is a name known to all. (+5000) SquallFF8 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    And on another note.. bishes will definitely flock to the island after we have everything built. They dream about sh!t like this. Let's be real here, miscers are more attractive than the rest of the world population. We lift, have aesthetics, and actually care about our image, which is already better than 95% of america. A private island full of aesthetic dudes.. yeah there's going to be a ton of bishes. And of course, we'll get a ton of media coverage once we're about to buy the island, so bishes all over will see it and want to come party with us.

Please tell me this is sarcasm.

Kataro is just really nice. (+1000) Kataro is just really nice. (+1000) Kataro is just really nice. (+1000) Kataro is just really nice. (+1000) Kataro is just really nice. (+1000) Kataro is just really nice. (+1000) Kataro is just really nice. (+1000) Kataro is just really nice. (+1000) Kataro is just really nice. (+1000) Kataro is just really nice. (+1000) Kataro is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by paylowsore View Post
    wtf how the hell does someone own a island?
    I'd assume it's the same as owning a private property. Unless its out in international water, then goodluck on your piracy goal of 2012
    ~ Misc Penny Stock Crew ~

Overboostin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Overboostin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Overboostin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Overboostin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Overboostin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Overboostin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Overboostin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Overboostin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Overboostin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Overboostin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Overboostin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Not sure if it has been mentioned yet but I could provide some legal assistance down the line if needed. I'm law school now/will be a lawyer in 2 years. I'm currently working at an internship dealing primarily with property/zoning/construction law and I plan to go into real estate and business law.
    "We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret or disappointment."

always255 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) always255 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) always255 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) always255 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) always255 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) always255 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) always255 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) always255 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) always255 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    lol @ any idiots that think this well ever happen
    Sponsored by MuscleTech™

*Posts Levels (Original Mix) on every music thread crew*
    *8/10+ jawline crew*
    *Always thanks Zyzz bird crew*

Raxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Raxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Raxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Raxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Raxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Raxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Raxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Raxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Raxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Raxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Raxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by CunningStunt View Post
    Offers to pledge thousands of dollars, move to an island with a bunch of strangers that has little to no infrastructure.

"my dad won't let me borrow the jet ski/boats".

ok

EDIT: just read the post a few posts above me from the 16 year old.

I think there should be an aptitude test AND a minimum age higher than 18-21.
    Ik there probably would be an age minimum. Hopefully there is an aptitude test. Guarantee I could bring more skills then some other miscers. I'm telling you, proposing a show to a tv network would be our best bet. If that did happen, I think a couple guys my age could bring a bigger target market. I'm not a ******* teen brah. If this idea doesn't happen, this whole idea has such a small percentage of actually happening
    University of Florida

Originally Posted by Overboostin View Post
    Not sure if it has been mentioned yet but I could provide some legal assistance down the line if needed. I'm law school now/will be a lawyer in 2 years. I'm currently working at an internship dealing primarily with property/zoning/construction law and I plan to go into real estate and business law.
    Okay brah, I'll add you to the Services/Professional Committee
    *Vibrah*

Kataro is just really nice. (+1000) Kataro is just really nice. (+1000) Kataro is just really nice. (+1000) Kataro is just really nice. (+1000) Kataro is just really nice. (+1000) Kataro is just really nice. (+1000) Kataro is just really nice. (+1000) Kataro is just really nice. (+1000) Kataro is just really nice. (+1000) Kataro is just really nice. (+1000) Kataro is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by always255 View Post
    lol @ any idiots that think this well ever happen
    I remember when you were green couple days ago.

Anyways, just have to keep trying til we get our island. Devise future fund raiser to help get to our goal, this stuff wont happen instantly.
    ~ Misc Penny Stock Crew ~

exy is a name known to all. (+5000) exy is a name known to all. (+5000) exy is a name known to all. (+5000) exy is a name known to all. (+5000) exy is a name known to all. (+5000) exy is a name known to all. (+5000) exy is a name known to all. (+5000) exy is a name known to all. (+5000) exy is a name known to all. (+5000) exy is a name known to all. (+5000) exy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    In with $500 contribution (srs)

will increase if idea picks up.
    benis in ur angus

hundredgrand is on a distinguished road. (+10) hundredgrand is on a distinguished road. (+10) hundredgrand is on a distinguished road. (+10) hundredgrand is on a distinguished road. (+10) hundredgrand is on a distinguished road. (+10) hundredgrand is on a distinguished road. (+10) hundredgrand is on a distinguished road. (+10) hundredgrand is on a distinguished road. (+10) hundredgrand is on a distinguished road. (+10) hundredgrand is on a distinguished road. (+10) hundredgrand is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I volunteer for construction and will build houses etc, also pledge $2k

BloodFireDeath has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodFireDeath has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodFireDeath has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodFireDeath has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodFireDeath has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodFireDeath has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodFireDeath has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodFireDeath has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodFireDeath has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodFireDeath has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodFireDeath has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    cliffs?
    we on tv?

CunningStunt is a complete loser! (-2000) CunningStunt is a complete loser! (-2000) CunningStunt is a complete loser! (-2000) CunningStunt is a complete loser! (-2000) CunningStunt is a complete loser! (-2000) CunningStunt is a complete loser! (-2000) CunningStunt is a complete loser! (-2000) CunningStunt is a complete loser! (-2000) CunningStunt is a complete loser! (-2000) CunningStunt is a complete loser! (-2000) CunningStunt is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by Raxx View Post
    Ik there probably would be an age minimum. Hopefully there is an aptitude test. Guarantee I could bring more skills then some other miscers. I'm telling you, proposing a show to a tv network would be our best bet. If that did happen, I think a couple guys my age could bring a bigger target market. I'm not a ******* teen brah. If this idea doesn't happen, this whole idea has such a small percentage of actually happening
    Couple of guys your age who can't drink legally, can't have sex legally. ok.
    I'm aware the chances of this happening are in the millions, but I don't think adding more potential fcuk ups to the mix is going to help our chances.

EDIT: You must think I'm 60. I'm 21.

Originally Posted by BloodFireDeath View Post
    cliffs?
    we on tv?
    -Planning to buy island, likely on east coast of US
    -I'm organizing committees for various tasks
    -Viking is handling legal/business aspect
    -Have about $310k pledged from miscers already
    *Vibrah*

SquallFF8 is a name known to all. (+5000) SquallFF8 is a name known to all. (+5000) SquallFF8 is a name known to all. (+5000) SquallFF8 is a name known to all. (+5000) SquallFF8 is a name known to all. (+5000) SquallFF8 is a name known to all. (+5000) SquallFF8 is a name known to all. (+5000) SquallFF8 is a name known to all. (+5000) SquallFF8 is a name known to all. (+5000) SquallFF8 is a name known to all. (+5000) SquallFF8 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Raxx View Post

Yeah...if this is going to happen and work out even moderately well, then I don't think they will be able to restrict anybody who wants to join and donate money.

Hypothetically, if the island cost 1 million, you would need a thousand miscers to all pitch in $1,000 on average. Most of them would have to be American since the island is looking like it'll be off the East Coast. Seems like a ticket to it from Europe or Australia would be quite expensive.

Then, the cost of expenses for living and transportation to and from the island would be in the thousands. Hard to believe that many people have that kind of money to throw around like that.

So I wouldn't worry about an age restriction or smart test if this is going to work. More like how much $$$ do ya got?

hundredgrand is on a distinguished road. (+10) hundredgrand is on a distinguished road. (+10) hundredgrand is on a distinguished road. (+10) hundredgrand is on a distinguished road. (+10) hundredgrand is on a distinguished road. (+10) hundredgrand is on a distinguished road. (+10) hundredgrand is on a distinguished road. (+10) hundredgrand is on a distinguished road. (+10) hundredgrand is on a distinguished road. (+10) hundredgrand is on a distinguished road. (+10) hundredgrand is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Please gtfo with your stupid tv network ideas. The whole point of the island is to get away from the system isn't it?

Squating in the curl rack OutKlast's Avatar
    OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by CunningStunt View Post
    I don't think currency on the island would go down well. I think things would have to be shared/rationed out evenly for such a small community.
    Rationed out? da fuk? When did the misc turn into 1940's USSR?

Capitalism man. Word hard or I will pay you in conch nickels to shoot rocks at your coin purse.

Originally Posted by OutKlast View Post

Capitalism man. Word hard or I will pay you in conch nickels to shoot rocks at your coin purse.
    Yes rationed, unless we have an endless supply of food, rationing would be the only way of surviving.

Capitalism wouldn't work. It'd be a case of either you put in the work, to get your share, or you don't put in the work, and you leave.

I don't think people would respond well to a class system. So yeah, capitalism would suck on this island.

Originally Posted by OutKlast View Post

Why don't we all just work together to make the best island possible instead of stepping over each other in pursuit of currency?

STEVO_SWD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STEVO_SWD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STEVO_SWD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STEVO_SWD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STEVO_SWD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STEVO_SWD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STEVO_SWD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STEVO_SWD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STEVO_SWD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STEVO_SWD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STEVO_SWD is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    would pay 2 grand

12GageBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) 12GageBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) 12GageBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) 12GageBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) 12GageBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) 12GageBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) 12GageBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) 12GageBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) 12GageBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) 12GageBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) 12GageBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    C'mon guys if mountain men has tought us anything it's that you have to become one with the island.. Feel the island.. Caress the island.. Wait wut? Srs tho solar power could easily power the island (yes I work with solar) IF there was a way to transport all the materials needed. Sounds pre far fetched to me but I want to believe.

Also Is there a stream/river on the island? If so build a downhill water generater like yustance off mountain men lulz. OR hire him for a week to pepper the island