Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question Squat stands or racks which is better

Im picking up an olympic weight set to day and i want to run all pros real soon, i will sub bench press for floor press untill i get a bench but i need help with squating i know i can squat 100 plus lbs but i need a squat rack or stand to do this im working with little cash right know so i was thinking of maybe buying a squat rack or stands that i can also add a bench to and press with that but my biggest concern right know is hurting myself pressing im looking for a rack or stand with multiple or adjustbale safety catches is that possible to find for under 200 bucks?

brandon
    Trying to make it!!!!

Registered User nnoellabieniec6's Avatar
    nnoellabieniec6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nnoellabieniec6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nnoellabieniec6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nnoellabieniec6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nnoellabieniec6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nnoellabieniec6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nnoellabieniec6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Power Racks allow for maximal safety during lifts since they have safety pins to catch the barbell if something goes wrong. They also allow for plenty exercises since they usually have built-in Pull-up & Dip bars.

However a Power Rack takes a lot of space. Your ceiling might be too low. And moving your Power Rack is a pain each time you need that space for something else. A more practical & cheaper solution: Squat Stands.

Drawbacks of Squat Stands. Squat Stands need less space than Power Racks and you can find them at half the price. But Squat Stands have drawbacks too:

Less Versatile. Squat Stands don't work well if you Bench Press often. And you'll need an additional Pull-up bar.
    Less Safe. Unless you use saw horses as safety pins to catch the bar, you'll have to dump the weight when you get stuck on Squats.

The only benefits of Squat Stands over Power Racks is that they take less place and are more mobile. They're not cheaper in the long run since you'll need extra equipment like a Pull-up bar or bumper plates.

Best of luck

brandon[/QUOTE]

MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by AttyGuy
    You need a rack, bench and 300-lb. Oly set. Now, what was your question?
    ^^^^This

Originally Posted by nnoellabieniec6 View Post
    Power Racks allow for maximal safety during lifts since they have safety pins to catch the barbell if something goes wrong. They also allow for plenty exercises since they usually have built-in Pull-up & Dip bars.

However a Power Rack takes a lot of space. Your ceiling might be too low. And moving your Power Rack is a pain each time you need that space for something else. A more practical & cheaper solution: Squat Stands.

Drawbacks of Squat Stands. Squat Stands need less space than Power Racks and you can find them at half the price. But Squat Stands have drawbacks too:

Less Versatile. Squat Stands don't work well if you Bench Press often. And you'll need an additional Pull-up bar.
    Less Safe. Unless you use saw horses as safety pins to catch the bar, you'll have to dump the weight when you get stuck on Squats.

The only benefits of Squat Stands over Power Racks is that they take less place and are more mobile. They're not cheaper in the long run since you'll need extra equipment like a Pull-up bar or bumper plates.
    ^^^^And this.

I have seen some pretty sick deals on craigslist, though more so away from my reach than in my vicinity. By all means try and get a squat rack. If roof clearance is an issue you may look into a sumo rack or even a half rack... Power racks are praised here because of their versatility and even more so because of their safety. Cheers

EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You would have to find it used, and you would have to get lucky to get it for under $200. Try to save an extra $200 and buy a cage to take away your fears. While you're saving you may find a deal for a used rack around $200-$300.

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by EPMD View Post
    You would have to find it used, and you would have to get lucky to get it for under $200. Try to save an extra $200 and buy a cage to take away your fears. While you're saving you may find a deal for a used rack around $200-$300.

The Powerline PPR200X is still only $300 shipped from Amazon.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

anchaudhry007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anchaudhry007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Power rackis the best choice. Always remember to invest in good and solid equipments.