Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    silverprotein is on a distinguished road. (+10) silverprotein is on a distinguished road. (+10) silverprotein is on a distinguished road. (+10) silverprotein is on a distinguished road. (+10) silverprotein is on a distinguished road. (+10) silverprotein is on a distinguished road. (+10) silverprotein is on a distinguished road. (+10) silverprotein is on a distinguished road. (+10) silverprotein is on a distinguished road. (+10) silverprotein is on a distinguished road. (+10) silverprotein is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Question,
    so i prefer taking BCAAs (cellucor's new thing) and daa +triazole in the morning, before my workout.
    It doesnt say anything about calories on the bottles, so i would assume there are NO calories there, right?

What about creatine (beast), it does have 10 cals, should i wait and drink with my meal? or its ok to take it while fasting?
    Thanks

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by silverprotein View Post
    Question,
    so i prefer taking BCAAs (cellucor's new thing) and daa +triazole in the morning, before my workout.
    Do you prefer to waste money in the morning?

It doesnt say anything about calories on the bottles, so i would assume there are NO calories there, right?
    I guess you don't even know that BCAA's are amino acids and thus, obviously, contain calories. But if you know what BCAA's really were, it's unlikely you'd feel the need to supplement with them.

Anyway, depending on the ratio of the three amino acids in the formula you're taking, you're ingesting nearly 6 calories per gram.

silverprotein is on a distinguished road. (+10) silverprotein is on a distinguished road. (+10) silverprotein is on a distinguished road. (+10) silverprotein is on a distinguished road. (+10) silverprotein is on a distinguished road. (+10) silverprotein is on a distinguished road. (+10) silverprotein is on a distinguished road. (+10) silverprotein is on a distinguished road. (+10) silverprotein is on a distinguished road. (+10) silverprotein is on a distinguished road. (+10) silverprotein is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    Do you prefer to waste money in the morning?
    Well its 50/50 between people claiming it does work. I got a good deal, no complaints.

I guess you don't even know that BCAA's are amino acids and thus, obviously, contain calories. But if you know what BCAA's really were, it's unlikely you'd feel the need to supplement with them.

Anyway, depending on the ratio of the three amino acids in the formula you're taking, you're ingesting nearly 6 calories per gram.
    So taking them during workout while fasting is not a good idea? Its about 30 cal then.

beckshills has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    on the IF calculator whats the best amount of protein to go by and carb/fat split. also what does the bits on schedule mean?
    thanks

germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by beckshills View Post
    on the IF calculator whats the best amount of protein to go by and carb/fat split. also what does the bits on schedule mean?
    thanks
    Read: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981
    Sports Science & Health Undergraduate

You don't always get what you wish for,
    You get what you work for.

Bite off more than you can chew,
    Then Chew it!

Twitter: @MarkGermaine

"It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys." - Emil Zatopek

WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Well its 50/50 between people claiming it does work. I got a good deal, no complaints.
    That's what the placebo effect will give you -- a good deal for the supplement company.

trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10) trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10) trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10) trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10) trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10) trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10) trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10) trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10) trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10) trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10) trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    IF is not a diet, it's a meal timing protocol.

Bulking requires a caloric surplus. Cutting requires a caloric deficit. Maintaining requires parity between intake and expenditure.

How you time and partition the intake of your caloric budget is largely a function of personal preference.
    This is the funny thing about IF that people who haven't tried it don't understand. It throws the calories in vs calories out meme on its head.

On one hand it allows one to reduce their caloric intake. Example, I eat around 1800 per day, give or take. If I eat more, I end up feeling like a stuffed pig. It is difficult to do in the 8 hour feeding window. At 6'2" it is a deficit for me.

On the other hand, it gives particular benefits for nutrient partitioning, hormonal output and insulin sensitivity. I've been able to build muscle on this reduced caloric intake while simultaneously losing fat.

germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by trem0lo View Post
    This is the funny thing about IF that people who haven't tried it don't understand. It throws the calories in vs calories out meme on its head.
    No it doesn't.

And how do you know Pug hasn't tried it?

And 1,800kcal for someone your size is extremely low.

Also, if you find eating in an 8hr window, why do you do so?

Then Chew it!

"It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys." - Emil Zatopek

trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10) trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10) trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10) trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10) trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10) trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10) trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10) trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10) trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10) trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10) trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by germaine07 View Post
    No it doesn't.

And how do you know Pug hasn't tried it?

And 1,800kcal for someone your size is extremely low.

Also, if you find eating in an 8hr window, why do you do so?
    I don't assume anything. But there are some here that obviously haven't done any research into the (scientifically supported) benefits and defend conventional wisdom like it was the gospel. If you have to ask why I eat when I do, perhaps check out Berkhan's blog.

I've been dieting and lifting weights for 10 years, and exploring the science behind it. This is the first diet that I don't hate. 1800 is low but it works for my metabolism and age. I'm about to head out on a 4 mile run in a bit actually. I haven't eaten since 10 last night.

Originally Posted by FatGuyMind View Post
    id have to work up to trying this. i love eating so much i dont see me being able to go that long with eating anything. but its something to think about trying
    Try it! Just give it a day or three and see what happens. The worst case is you'll hate it and try something else. It is not for everybody.

Your muscles will not fall off I promise you.

I don't assume anything. But there are some here that obviously haven't done any research into the (scientifically supported) benefits and defend conventional wisdom like it was the gospel. If you have to ask why I eat when I do, perhaps check out Berkhan's blog.

I've been dieting and lifting weights for 10 years, and exploring the science behind it. This is the first diet that I don't hate. 1800 is low but it works for my metabolism and age. I'm about to head out on a 4 mile run in a bit actually. I haven't eaten since 10 last night.
    I don't care when you eat. If you enjoy it then that's great. I think people should do what works best for them.

The problems lies with the so-called benefits. Based on everything, it's a useful appetite control tool, and for a lot of people, they have better energy/focus during fasted period. Other than that, I don't think there's much else.

When you look at nutrient partitioning and insulin sensitivity, after your first meal it's nulled. Anyway, a better way to improve those is just to train hard. So for a trained athlete, you won't see much, if any, noteworthy improvement.

Then Chew it!

The problems lies with the so-called benefits. Based on everything, it's a useful appetite control tool, and for a lot of people, they have better energy/focus during fasted period. Other than that, I don't think there's much else.
    Based on a recent scientific study, fasted training increased the amount of a number of anabolic responses when compared to the non-fasted group. I'm not going to spoonfeed you all the links but they are backed by science.

http://www.leangains.com/2009/12/fas...le-growth.html

No, it doesn't.

By the way, I've being IF's for almost all of my life because I generally don't eat breakfast and thus consume my energy intake during a window that's most often ~6 to 8 hours.

aragon416 is a name known to all. (+5000) aragon416 is a name known to all. (+5000) aragon416 is a name known to all. (+5000) aragon416 is a name known to all. (+5000) aragon416 is a name known to all. (+5000) aragon416 is a name known to all. (+5000) aragon416 is a name known to all. (+5000) aragon416 is a name known to all. (+5000) aragon416 is a name known to all. (+5000) aragon416 is a name known to all. (+5000) aragon416 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    what should i do if my schedule varies every day and taking real meals to school is a problem?

basic schedule

monday: 12:00 leave and come back at 8. ---> usually eat lunch at around 11:30
    tuesday: 10:30 leave and come back at 8 ---> usually eat lunch at around 1:15
    wednesday: 12:00 leave and come back at 3. ---> usually eat lunch at around 11:30
    thursday: 10:30 leave and come back at 3 ---> usually eat lunch at around 3:30
    friday: 9:00 leave and come back at 2. ---> usually eat lunch at around 2:30

lunch is always second meal of the day.

i don't really want to break my fast at 8am and then end fast at 4pm. suggestions?
    Last edited by aragon416; 10-22-2012 at 10:44 AM.

Based on a recent scientific study, fasted training increased the amount of a number of anabolic responses when compared to the non-fasted group. I'm not going to spoonfeed you all the links but they are backed by science.

http://www.leangains.com/2009/12/fas...le-growth.html
    The longer you go without food, the greater the anabolic response will be. That proves nothing. We know that. And fasted training is a different subject to IF. You can do IF and not do fasted training.

Then Chew it!

Originally Posted by aragon416 View Post
    what should i do if my schedule varies every day and taking real meals to school is a problem?
    Eat in a way that best suits your schedule.

Then Chew it!

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs down

On one hand it allows one to reduce their caloric intake. Example, I eat around 1800 per day, give or take. If I eat more, I end up feeling like a stuffed pig. It is difficult to do in the 8 hour feeding window. At 6'2" it is a deficit for me. [/b]
    Notsureifsrs lol

Difficult?
    Last edited by AlwaysTryin; 10-22-2012 at 02:43 PM.
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

Registered Genius GimmeTheJooce's Avatar
    GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500)
    I highly suggest a visit to the doctor, get a physical. Don't tell him/her you are about to do this or they'll lock you up haha

I only say this because I discovered I have low blood pressure after passing out on the squat rack.. very dangerous.

aragon416 is a name known to all. (+5000) aragon416 is a name known to all. (+5000) aragon416 is a name known to all. (+5000) aragon416 is a name known to all. (+5000) aragon416 is a name known to all. (+5000) aragon416 is a name known to all. (+5000) aragon416 is a name known to all. (+5000) aragon416 is a name known to all. (+5000) aragon416 is a name known to all. (+5000) aragon416 is a name known to all. (+5000) aragon416 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Eat in a way that best suits your schedule.
    so is it alright if my window opens and closes a different time everyday, but I still have an 8 hour window everyday?

also, does -20/0 mean that on off days I would eat less calories and on lifting days I eat more?

roger1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi there, I'm just starting week 4 of IF..so am relatively new to the protocol. I'm trying to use IF to put on size/bulk. My calorie intake on a high day is almost 4000 (trying to hit 200g protein, 350g carbs, 100g fats as a minimum), on a low day i'd say around 3000. However I have found myself progressively losing weight each week. When i started IF i was 82kg, weighed myself today and am 79.
    Is this normal?? Should i increase calories even more?

Would appreciate the help! Thanks!

Sorry forgot to mention i break fast between 12-2pm everyday have 2 pre workout meals (each 25% calorific intake). and have last meal between 8-10pm. So a 16hour fast and 8 hour eating window

No, it doesn't.

By the way, I've being IF's for almost all of my life because I generally don't eat breakfast and thus consume my energy intake during a window that's most often ~6 to 8 hours.
    I'd argue that it does, because fat loss is not so black and white. Nutrition macros are important for a variety of reasons. It helps me because I'm more insulin sensitive and gain weight easily. I IFed during graduate school without knowing it, mostly because I had no morning classes and just grabbed coffee on my way out the door.

The longer you go without food, the greater the anabolic response will be. That proves nothing. We know that. And fasted training is a different subject to IF. You can do IF and not do fasted training.
    So yes, fasting improves anabolic response. Read the study. Are you an IFer?

Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    Notsureifsrs lol

Difficult?
    Not really. But I'm dropping a good 2 pounds per week after my initial weigh in a few pages ago. Some days I eat 2000. I'm not exact about it nor do I record it every day.

I have a fairly sedentary job, a slow metabolism and I'm in my 30s. I feel like when you hit 30, your body starts going downhill. Metabolism slows, T drops, hair starts turning (or your bald genes kick in). Wait for it!

Originally Posted by roger1988 View Post
    Hi there, I'm just starting week 4 of IF..so am relatively new to the protocol. I'm trying to use IF to put on size/bulk. My calorie intake on a high day is almost 4000 (trying to hit 200g protein, 350g carbs, 100g fats as a minimum), on a low day i'd say around 3000. However I have found myself progressively losing weight each week. When i started IF i was 82kg, weighed myself today and am 79.
    Is this normal?? Should i increase calories even more?

Would appreciate the help! Thanks!

Sorry forgot to mention i break fast between 12-2pm everyday have 2 pre workout meals (each 25% calorific intake). and have last meal between 8-10pm. So a 16hour fast and 8 hour eating window
    If your lifts are increasing, no need to change. You might just be losing fat. However you can increase cals if you want. Try eating more timed closer to your workout.

BobGagnon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BobGagnon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BobGagnon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BobGagnon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BobGagnon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BobGagnon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BobGagnon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BobGagnon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by eyenstein View Post
    THat's the great part, eating 2000 cal in 4 -8 hrs, my wife just shakes her head when I have a 5 egg omelet with chicken, spinach, black beans to break my fast, I just giggle like a little fat kid who found some cupcakes
    Lol!!!

Just to add my 2c

I like IF because it helps me control my caloric intake... I don't mind no breakfast and it allows me to eat 2 quite big meals at lunch and dinner without being hungry in the afternoon/evening even if I'm at quite a big deficit.

Go figure, I'm more hungry in the morning when I eat breakfast than when I don't!!!

I also like the rumors/facts about the insulin resistance fighting that sounds good for a fatass like me!!
    Last edited by BobGagnon; 11-06-2012 at 09:39 AM.
    Nov 1st to Feb 1st Transformation

Nov 1st : 209lb , Nov 8 : 207, Nov 15 : 203.2, Nov 23 : 202.6, Nov 29 : 201.6, Dec 6 : 203.4 (Water?)
    Dec 13 : 204.6 Dec 20: 203

Feb 1st goal : 190lb

chuck2334 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chuck2334 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chuck2334 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chuck2334 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chuck2334 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chuck2334 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chuck2334 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chuck2334 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chuck2334 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chuck2334 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chuck2334 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just started my first day of IF. I ate 8 eggs, got about halfway through 1 pound of chicken and 2 cups of whole grain pasta and I hit a wall. lol. Any tips on eating all the food? I was thinking about buying a hardgainer shake so I don't always feel like my stomach is going to pop
    /\^/\^Misc Colorado Crew^/\^/\

Sneza is just really nice. (+1000) Sneza is just really nice. (+1000) Sneza is just really nice. (+1000) Sneza is just really nice. (+1000) Sneza is just really nice. (+1000) Sneza is just really nice. (+1000) Sneza is just really nice. (+1000) Sneza is just really nice. (+1000) Sneza is just really nice. (+1000) Sneza is just really nice. (+1000) Sneza is just really nice. (+1000)
    will try this since my schedule is busy

it should work

Originally Posted by chuck2334 View Post
    Any tips on eating all the food?
    Try spreading out your meals over a larger window.

Then Chew it!

metalloz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been doing this for nearly two weeks now and love it. I do miss breakfast but it's great to come home and have a massive dinner . The 9am black coffee gets me to the 12pm feed.

Lunchbox1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Lunchbox1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Lunchbox1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Lunchbox1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Lunchbox1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Lunchbox1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Lunchbox1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Lunchbox1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Lunchbox1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Lunchbox1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Lunchbox1989 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I usually eat about 4 hours after lifting. But, would it matter if I chose to eat 6-8 hours after? I notice when I diesel a zesty meal prior to bed, I sleep like a beast.

Note:
    Diesel=eat
    Zesty=Large
    Beast=Baby

...OBAMA

Registered User ericlukeroberts's Avatar
    ericlukeroberts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    HI im not sure how to start a new thread so i will ask this here and one of you might be able to help. while doing if do i have to workout fasted? i tend to go to gym with gf and meet her down in spa area so i can't really eat post workout it tends to be 1/2hours before i get home. now i ask this purely from a hgh stand point, having heard if boost's your hgh will having a pre workout meal (rather large) be detrimental to this? thanks for any help.